PDA

View Full Version : Madden Curse Again

calmkiller
09-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Well so glad that Troy is on the cover of Madden. First game of the year and hes in the locker room because of a Knee injury. Stupid Madden,

phillyesq
09-10-2009, 10:17 PM
At least he walked into the locker room. Hopefully this isn't anything serious. He was playing lights out before the injury.

SteelBucks
09-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Hopefully it won't be as bad as it looked.

calmkiller
09-10-2009, 11:58 PM
I just have the feeling if it wasn't serious he would have been on the sideline. We didn't see him after that at all.

Steelgal
09-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Wonder if Fitzgerald is nervous :shock:

stlrz d
09-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Hundreds of players get hurt every season.

The Madden curse should be renamed the Madden coincidence. It's bunk.

Snatch98
09-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Well so glad that Troy is on the cover of Madden. First game of the year and hes in the locker room because of a Knee injury. Stupid Madden,

I love me some Madden and play it a lot but I've NEVER bought in to the curse. They always put high profile guys on the cover and the high profile guys always have the greatest risk of injury.

stlrz d
09-11-2009, 12:37 AM

I love me some Madden and play it a lot but I've NEVER bought in to the curse. They always put high profile guys on the cover and the high profile guys always have the greatest risk of injury.

Correct.

calmkiller
09-11-2009, 12:45 AM
Denial....

papillon
09-11-2009, 12:49 AM
I just have the feeling if it wasn't serious he would have been on the sideline. We didn't see him after that at all.

If they had him in the MRI tube it takes time and I'm sure the doctors were examining him manually as well. No reason to be on the field, better to begin the diagnosis to get a treatment plan in place as quickly as possible.

Pappy

Snatch98
09-11-2009, 12:57 AM

If they had him in the MRI tube it takes time and I'm sure the doctors were examining him manually as well. No reason to be on the field, better to begin the diagnosis to get a treatment plan in place as quickly as possible.

Pappy

Agreed. He walked off the field so it definitely wasn't a tear. It's going to SUCK not having him for 3 to 6 weeks but our schedule is weaker this season and our pass rush should remain devastating. Believe me I'm not about to downplay the loss of Polamalu but our schedule is weaker this season and Woodley and Harrison are going to give teams all they can handle. Hopefully Timmons gets back soon full strength. If he gets back soon we'll have another crazy tool on defense that can do a lot of the athletic things Troy does on passing downs and rushing downs for that matter. A full strength Timmons at his potential and a healthy troy in 3 to 6 weeks is going to make for a ridiculous defense. We'll survive boys and girls and at the end of the day, WE ALWAYS HAVE BIG BEN!

And zee Madden curse is bunk FOR SURE.

Mel Blount's G
09-11-2009, 01:36 AM
The curse is BS superstition. As legit as saying I had a Haitian witch doctor put a pin through the knee of a Tom Brady voodoo doll a year or so ago. What is amazing is that Troy misses as few games as he does considering the extreme and violent intensity in which he plays the game and the breathtaking speed at which he plays it. The man is a physical freak of nature and here's hoping that he'll prove it again by walking away with no permanently damaged left-knee ligaments from a play which had his leg bending in a direction in which the human body had not intended it.

Steeler Nation thoughts and prayers with Troy and his family tonight*

* Btw, I do know that there are many people in much worse condition tonight across the country who may be in much greater need of our thoughts/prayers. I do not want to trivialize that fact with the above statement or offend anyone who may be in a real difficult place right now. However this is, after all, the Steeler message board and if I can't ask for us fans to send out good vibes to Troy here then where can I?

Mel Blount's G
09-11-2009, 01:41 AM
He walked off the field so it definitely wasn't a tear.
Never say "definitely" Snatch. You can get up and walk after shredding the ligaments in you need. I've done it :x Agreed that it seemed not so likely that he tore any though from his reaction on the bench and what not. I'm guessing if it were the AFCC he'd have probably finished the game (with a couple more picks and a fumble caused/recovered!)

skyhawk
09-11-2009, 01:45 AM
At least he walked into the locker room. Hopefully this isn't anything serious. He was playing lights out before the injury.

Yeah, Woodson walked to the locker room and stood on the sideline in the first game of 1995 against the Lions and he had an ACL and missed the entire rest of the regular season and playoffs (except: Super Bowl).

skyhawk
09-11-2009, 01:47 AM
The curse is BS superstition. As legit as saying I had a Haitian witch doctor put a pin through the knee of a Tom Brady voodoo doll a year or so ago. What is amazing is that Troy misses as few games as he does considering the extreme and violent intensity in which he plays the game and the breathtaking speed at which he plays it. The man is a physical freak of nature and here's hoping that he'll prove it again by walking away with no permanently damaged left-knee ligaments from a play which had his leg bending in a direction in which the human body had not intended it.

Steeler Nation thoughts and prayers with Troy and his family tonight*

* Btw, I do know that there are many people in much worse condition tonight across the country who may be in much greater need of our thoughts/prayers. I do not want to trivialize that fact with the above statement or offend anyone who may be in a real difficult place right now. However this is, after all, the Steeler message board and if I can't ask for us fans to send out good vibes to Troy here then where can I?

Hat's off! Nice post MBG.

skyhawk
09-11-2009, 01:47 AM
It's a sprained MCL and will miss 3-6 weeks per ESPN.

feltdizz
09-11-2009, 01:50 AM

Correct.

ummm... if it was maddens first year in existence then ok... but umm.. this has happened like 12 of the last 14 years..

and I'm talking freakishly bad injuries.. maybe 2 players makes the injury only half the season..

stlrz d
09-11-2009, 06:43 AM

Correct.

ummm... if it was maddens first year in existence then ok... but umm.. this has happened like 12 of the last 14 years..

and I'm talking freakishly bad injuries.. maybe 2 players makes the injury only half the season..

Ummm...there are hundreds of injuries every year. Many of them freakishly bad.

The Madden "curse" is complete and total hogwash.

calmkiller
09-11-2009, 08:23 AM
[quote=calmkiller]Well so glad that Troy is on the cover of Madden. First game of the year and hes in the locker room because of a Knee injury. Stupid Madden,

Correct.

The Madden "curse" is complete and total hogwash.[/quote:2xqrhhtq]

Predict those hundreds of injuries please. Madden can.

proudpittsburgher
09-11-2009, 08:24 AM
[quote=calmkiller]Well so glad that Troy is on the cover of Madden. First game of the year and hes in the locker room because of a Knee injury. Stupid Madden,

Correct.

The Madden "curse" is complete and total hogwash.[/quote:1fww5wlw]

D, I don't believe in that stuff either, but you can't deny the freakishness of 12 out of the 14 players who made the madden covers get injurred that year. And for at least half the season (if Troy misses that long). Look, all I'm saying is if they come to Ben in the next couple of years, just to be safe, please politely decline, Ben. :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
09-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Last season, Brett Favre was on the cover. He started 16 games in the 2008 season.

The year before that, Vince Young was on the cover. He started 15 games in the 2007 season.

So the last time a person who was on the cover of Madden got sidelined because of injury for a good chunk of the season in 2006??? Sounds like a legit curse to me. :?: :?

feltdizz
09-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Last season, Brett Favre was on the cover. He started 16 games in the 2008 season.

The year before that, Vince Young was on the cover. He started 15 games in the 2007 season.

So the last time a person who was on the cover of Madden got sidelined because of injury for a good chunk of the season in 2006??? Sounds like a legit curse to me. :?: :?

Brett is too damn stubborn to admit his injury but the Jets went from playoff contender to losing to Miami and Pennington at home to miss the playoffs.. CURSED

2007 Vince didn't get hurt but he sure lost his mind and his job the next year...CURSED

the Madden curse isn't always injury related.. it's also the decline in production that is the curse...

players who have great years seem to fall off a cliff stat wise..

I'm just hoping 2 players cuts Troy's curse to half the time.. LOL!!

feltdizz
09-11-2009, 04:48 PM

Correct.

The Madden "curse" is complete and total hogwash.[/quote:13da49c6]

prove it.. show me 30% of Madden covers who have had similar success to the year before and I will believe you..

I know you don't want to believe it.. but it's kinda weird how one guy on a cover seems to find injury or drop off a cliff right after being on the cover.

RuthlessBurgher
09-11-2009, 08:08 PM
it's kinda weird how one guy on a cover seems to find injury or drop off a cliff right after being on the cover.

It was also weird that if the Redskins won in their game immediately preceeding a Presidential election, the incumbant party kept the White House, and if the Redskins lost that game, the incumbant party lost the White House. It happened in every election since 1936 when they were the Boston Redskins and FDR was re-elected, until the bizarre string of coincidences ended in 2004. That's all this Madden "curse" is...a string of coincidences.

stlrz d
09-11-2009, 08:23 PM
it's kinda weird how one guy on a cover seems to find injury or drop off a cliff right after being on the cover.

It was also weird that if the Redskins won in their game immediately preceeding a Presidential election, the incumbant party kept the White House, and if the Redskins lost that game, the incumbant party lost the White House. It happened in every election since 1936 when they were the Boston Redskins and FDR was re-elected, until the bizarre string of coincidences ended in 2004. That's all this Madden "curse" is...a string of coincidences.

Correct. The "Madden Curse" is something for pimply faced 15 year olds to ohhh and ahhh about.