PDA

View Full Version : The Two Monks

Shoe
09-10-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm sure a lot of you guys are familiar with the America's Game shows... I just caught one on us on the '78 Steelers, and I'm curious about something.

On this episode, they cite a speech by Chuck Noll, talking about two monks and a fair maiden, and how no one could figure it out/why Chuck said it/how he (Chuck) wasn't a great rah-rah guy.

I don't get the story either.

Can anyone shed light?

proudpittsburgher
09-10-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm sure a lot of you guys are familiar with the America's Game shows... I just caught one on us on the '78 Steelers, and I'm curious about something.

On this episode, they cite a speech by Chuck Noll, talking about two monks and a fair maiden, and how no one could figure it out/why Chuck said it/how he (Chuck) wasn't a great rah-rah guy.

I don't get the story either.

Can anyone shed light?

He's sayign that they other monk let it bother him for so long. As in, he "carried" her in his mind all that way . . . moral was to get the loss out of their head and move on to the next game

Shoe
09-10-2009, 12:47 PM
He's sayign that they other monk let it bother him for so long. As in, he "carried" her in his mind all that way . . . moral was to get the loss out of their head and move on to the next game

Ohhh... I get it. Thanks pittsburgher.