PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football bumholios!

Snatch98
09-09-2009, 02:31 PM
I currently have Willie in my starting line up. Thoughts? I have Mendenhall on the bench, as well as Ahmad Bradshaw and DARE I SAY IT! James Davis. I hate having a stain but if I have to have one outside of Braylon Edwards this year it's gotta be Davis. I just threw up in my mouth.

My other starting RB is Steven Jackson.

My lineup currently is:

QB: Aaron Rodgers
WR: Steve Smith (Carolina)
WR: Terrel Owens
WR: Derrick Mason (Throws up in mouth)
RB: Steven Jackson
RB: Willie Parker
TE: Chris Cooley
Kicker: Robbie Gould

I just hope WIllie is 100% and the league is PPR so he'll be nearly worthless on that front (PPR for the non-fantasy individuals is "points per reception") Sucks that we have the Gaytins from a run d perspective but without Haynesworth who knows how they'll be...

Thoughts?

RuthlessBurgher
09-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Looks like a reasonably well rounded roster to me. You guys don't start a D/ST?

Snatch98
09-09-2009, 03:50 PM

We did one time and because we play for money the defense gave certain guys a stupid advantage. Usually only a handful of defenses are really productive so it creates to much discrepancy.

I'm just a little worried about Willie tomorrow.

I also have Mark Sanchez, Miles Austin, Earl Bennett and Hakeem Nicks to round out the rest of my squad..plus the backs I listed not in the starting line up. Bradshaw, Mendenhall, James Davis.

We'll see how it goes.

flippy
09-09-2009, 03:59 PM
You should be fine for week 1.

Over the long haul, I'm anxious to see how Willie holds up. He doesn't have a ton of miles on him, so he could be a nice pick for the season.

RuthlessBurgher
09-09-2009, 04:03 PM

We did one time and because we play for money the defense gave certain guys a stupid advantage. Usually only a handful of defenses are really productive so it creates to much discrepancy.

I also have Mark Sanchez, Miles Austin, Earl Bennett and Hakeem Nicks to round out the rest of my squad..plus the backs I listed not in the starting line up. Bradshaw, Mendenhall, James Davis.

We'll see how it goes.

I think Willie is fine as an RB2 behind SJax, especially after Tomlin's pronouncement that he is the starting RB (as opposed to some sort of timeshare with Mendenhall). It is good that you own Rashard as well, because I'm sure that the roles will be altered somewhat as the season goes along, and it is also good injury insurance.

I took a flyer on Earl Bennett late in my draft too, just to see if will be anything to that Vandy connection. It's a roll of the upside dice (we just hope it doesn't turn out like the Ben-Nance Miami (OH) connection).

Snatch98
09-09-2009, 04:15 PM

We'll see how it goes.

I think Willie is fine as an RB2 behind SJax, especially after Tomlin's pronouncement that he is the starting RB (as opposed to some sort of timeshare with Mendenhall). It is good that you own Rashard as well, because I'm sure that the roles will be altered somewhat as the season goes along, and it is also good injury insurance.

I took a flyer on Earl Bennett late in my draft too, just to see if will be anything to that Vandy connection. It's a roll of the upside dice (we just hope it doesn't turn out like the Ben-Nance Miami (OH) connection).

Yea I rolled the dice on all my bench WR's and I like Bennet's chances as well as Hakeem Nicks because both teams have a hodge poge of unproven guys. Miles Austin could also be nice with Owens in Buffalo.

Iron Shiek
09-09-2009, 04:40 PM

We'll see how it goes.

Yea I rolled the dice on all my bench WR's and I like Bennet's chances as well as Hakeem Nicks because both teams have a hodge poge of unproven guys. Miles Austin could also be nice with Owens in Buffalo.

Nicks has looked good against the scrubs late in preseason games. I picked him up as well in a draft...one of those darn Giants WRs gotta produce.

Jom112
09-09-2009, 07:03 PM
I currently have Willie in my starting line up. Thoughts? I have Mendenhall on the bench, as well as Ahmad Bradshaw and DARE I SAY IT! James Davis. I hate having a stain but if I have to have one outside of Braylon Edwards this year it's gotta be Davis. I just threw up in my mouth.

My lineup currently is:

I just hope WIllie is 100% and the league is PPR so he'll be nearly worthless on that front (PPR for the non-fantasy individuals is "points per reception") Sucks that we have the Gaytins from a run d perspective but without Haynesworth who knows how they'll be...

Thoughts?

I think Parker will be fine for week one. I have James Davis on my bench as well, but the Clowns are going up against the Vikes and the Williams Wall in week one. So even if they announce that Davis is the starter, I would pick Willie over him.

I need some RB advice as well. For my RB2 slot I'm not sure who to start between Knowshon Moreno and Cedric Benson (It's a PPR league). I'm leaning towards Benson, but I can't tell if that's just because I'm a homer.

What do you guys think?

RuthlessBurgher
09-09-2009, 08:45 PM

My lineup currently is:

Thoughts?

I think Parker will be fine for week one. I have James Davis on my bench as well, but the Clowns are going up against the Vikes and the Williams Wall in week one. So even if they announce that Davis is the starter, I would pick Willie over him.

I need some RB advice as well. For my RB2 slot I'm not sure who to start between Knowshon Moreno and Cedric Benson (It's a PPR league). I'm leaning towards Benson, but I can't tell if that's just because I'm a homer.

What do you guys think?

Start Benson during week one. Moreno has been injured for pretty much the entire pre-season. While I think you will be using Knowshon more than Cedric over the course of the season, I think the Broncos will use Buckhalter and Hillis more at the start of the season, easing Knowshon into things since he is still not 100% healthy.

Snatch98
09-09-2009, 11:04 PM

We'll see how it goes.

Nicks has looked good against the scrubs late in preseason games. I picked him up as well in a draft...one of those darn Giants WRs gotta produce.

Yea one of the Giants guys has to pan out. Hixon will be one of the starters and I can really see Nicks taking the 2nd spot and at the very least Nicks will be the 3rd guy assuming Steve Smith grabs the 2nd spot. I don't put a lot of salt to Sinorice Moss doing anything.

And Jom I'd definitely start Benson. I don't think Moreno is even in the rotation because of his injury and even if he is he's going to be sharing carries with Buckhalter and Hillis until he shows he can carry the load. Benson is a better start 100%.

Jom112
09-10-2009, 12:58 AM
Yea one of the Giants guys has to pan out. Hixon will be one of the starters and I can really see Nicks taking the 2nd spot and at the very least Nicks will be the 3rd guy assuming Steve Smith grabs the 2nd spot. I don't put a lot of salt to Sinorice Moss doing anything.

And Jom I'd definitely start Benson. I don't think Moreno is even in the rotation because of his injury and even if he is he's going to be sharing carries with Buckhalter and Hillis until he shows he can carry the load. Benson is a better start 100%.

I agree with you about the Giant's receivers. I don't see Moss doing too much. It's between Hixon and Nicks. Hixon might do the best early on in the season, but Nicks by the end of the year should be the Giants #1 receiver.

Got one more fantasy question for you guys. For the third WR slot, should I start Percy Harvin against the Clowns or Derrick Mason against the Chiefs?

I got Chad going against the Broncos and Antonio Bryant against the Cowboys for the #1 and #2 WR slots...

RuthlessBurgher
09-10-2009, 07:22 AM

I agree with you about the Giant's receivers. I don't see Moss doing too much. It's between Hixon and Nicks. Hixon might do the best early on in the season, but Nicks by the end of the year should be the Giants #1 receiver.

Got one more fantasy question for you guys. For the third WR slot, should I start Percy Harvin against the Clowns or Derrick Mason against the Chiefs?

I got Chad going against the Broncos and Antonio Bryant against the Cowboys for the #1 and #2 WR slots...

Mason. I want to see a rookie at least play in an actual NFL game before I am ready to start him in fantasy. We still have no idea how the Vikings plan to use Harvin yet. For all we know, he could have a rookie season like Limas Sweed or Andre Caldwell did (I doubt it, but I'd give him a little bit of time on my fantasy bench to make sure that he is an integral part of their offense before starting him on my fantasy team).

frankthetank1
09-10-2009, 07:24 AM
i also have a ff dilema. im not sure who to start either holmes or dixon against the falcons. the falcons defense is pretty weak and im not sure if holmes is 100% and the titans defense is pretty good. i think im going with ginn. i was also thinking of maybe starting pennington instead of ben but i think ben will have a repeat of 2007

RuthlessBurgher
09-10-2009, 07:31 AM
i also have a ff dilema. im not sure who to start either holmes or dixon against the falcons. the falcons defense is pretty weak and im not sure if holmes is 100% and the titans defense is pretty good. i think im going with ginn. i was also thinking of maybe starting pennington instead of ben but i think ben will have a repeat of 2007

Who is Dixon against the Falcons? Atlanta is playing Miami, and I don't see anyone named Dixon on their roster.

Snatch98
09-10-2009, 07:44 AM

Mason. I want to see a rookie at least play in an actual NFL game before I am ready to start him in fantasy. We still have no idea how the Vikings plan to use Harvin yet. For all we know, he could have a rookie season like Limas Sweed or Andre Caldwell did (I doubt it, but I'd give him a little bit of time on my fantasy bench to make sure that he is an integral part of their offense before starting him on my fantasy team).

I read a lot about a lot of teams, ESPECIALLY pre FF fantasy football draft and after for that matter. Harvin is lining up all over the place is going to get used. He's far too explosive to not be used. Everything I'm reading points to him having a big impact and with Berrian as the only legit option the opportunities are there....Sidney Rice could also be nice but I look to Berrian and Harvin to contribute.

As far as who I'd start I guess it would depend on if it's standard scoring or PPR. If it's PPR I start Mason but if it's standard scoring Harvin has to be intriguing because they are playing the Stains. Either way I don't think you can go wrong and Mason is the proven guy that routinely gets his catches.

Snatch98
09-10-2009, 07:47 AM

Ben for sure and yea I'm confused on Dixon. I could see if you mean Hixon but I don't know of a Dixon besides, Dennis. The only Hixon I know is on the Giants and even then I start Holmes rather than Ginn. Unless Ginn really comes on the scene out of the gate he's done nothing to prove he'll be worth a **** immediately. It's going to be a steady dose of Ronnie Brown with Miami and I'd trust freaking Davone Bess more than Ginn at the moment.

RuthlessBurgher
09-10-2009, 08:01 AM

I read a lot about a lot of teams, ESPECIALLY pre FF fantasy football draft and after for that matter. Harvin is lining up all over the place is going to get used. He's far too explosive to not be used. Everything I'm reading points to him having a big impact and with Berrian as the only legit option the opportunities are there....Sidney Rice could also be nice but I look to Berrian and Harvin to contribute.

As far as who I'd start I guess it would depend on if it's standard scoring or PPR. If it's PPR I start Mason but if it's standard scoring Harvin has to be intriguing because they are playing the Stains. Either way I don't think you can go wrong and Mason is the proven guy that routinely gets his catches.

Oh, I agree about Harvin's potential impact. I took that into account when creating my own personal pre-draft rankings. I wouldn't have had a problem taking him in my drafts (in one draft, though I got Berrian instead so I didn't want a second Viking WR and in the other someone else took Harvin much earlier than he should have gone in my opinion). But if I did own him, I'd be happy with that, but I still wouldn't want to start him right off the bat. I wouldn't want to rely on a rookie WR to contribute to my fantasy team early in the season. I'd hold onto him as a depth player with upside for now, until I see for sure how he is being used in games that actually count.

Jom112
09-10-2009, 08:13 AM

It is a PPR league, so I was thinking maybe Mason as well.

One very odd thing though. The Ravens are playing at home, so I'm thinking definitely Mason then right? Then I looked at Masons fantasy stats from last season. At home he scored double digit fantasy points only once (13) and that was in the final week against the Jags. Whereas on the road he scored double digit fantasy points every single week except once when he scored 9. Even at Pittsburgh he put up 23 points, but at home against them only 5.

At home: 8, 8, 8, 1, 7, 5, 13
On the Road: 23, 11, 20, 30, 9, 15, 21, 18

Even couldn't even get to double digits against the Clowns or us at home. Very odd.

Maybe I'm reading too much into to. Especially since Flacco and the offense have looked even better this preseason...

RuthlessBurgher
09-10-2009, 08:23 AM

It is a PPR league, so I was thinking maybe Mason as well.

One very odd thing though. The Ravens are playing at home, so I'm thinking definitely Mason then right? Then I looked at Masons fantasy stats from last season. At home he scored double digit fantasy points only once (13) and that was in the final week against the Jags. Whereas on the road he scored double digit fantasy points every single week except once when he scored 9. Even at Pittsburgh he put up 23 points, but at home against them only 5.

At home: 8, 8, 8, 1, 7, 5, 13
On the Road: 23, 11, 20, 30, 9, 15, 21, 18

Even couldn't even get to double digits against the Clowns or us at home. Very odd.

Maybe I'm reading too much into to. Especially since Flacco and the offense have looked even better this preseason...

They are playing the Chiefs, though, who had 10 sacks total for the entire season last year. Flacco should have all day to find his favorite semi-retired WR.

frankthetank1
09-10-2009, 08:44 AM

Ben for sure and yea I'm confused on Dixon. I could see if you mean Hixon but I don't know of a Dixon besides, Dennis. The only Hixon I know is on the Giants and even then I start Holmes rather than Ginn. Unless Ginn really comes on the scene out of the gate he's done nothing to prove he'll be worth a bad word immediately. It's going to be a steady dose of Ronnie Brown with Miami and I'd trust freaking Davone Bess more than Ginn at the moment.

my bad i meant tedd ginn jr not dennis dixon. i had hixon on my mind because of this thread. i also have hixon on my team but i dont want to start him untill he proves something. ginn is so streaky, a lot like devry henderson only with better hands. its a tough call, it would be a lot easier if holmes didnt hurt his back this preseason