PDA

View Full Version : heads up . . . america's game

proudpittsburgher
09-09-2009, 05:55 AM
2008 PITTSBURGH STEELERS IS ON TONIGHT AT 9 P.M. ON NFL NETWORK
following the reair of the super bowl win over the cardinals.

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

frankthetank1
09-09-2009, 07:02 AM
so its tonight? i thought it was on last night but it was just the review of the 2008 season. i was dissapointed it wasnt america's game. odd they are airing the sb again since they showed it last night as well

steelblood
09-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Last Night's 2008 Steelers season review was awesome. So many great plays and comebacks. My favorite Steelers season of the 31 seasons I've been watching.

stlrz d
09-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Starting at 8am ET tomorrow morning NFLN will be airing all 6 Pittsburgh Steelers' America's Game episodes back to back to back to back to back to back.

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

stlrz d
09-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Sorry mods...I started a separate thread on the back to back showing of ALL the Steelers America's Game episodes because I figured people who already know that the '08 one is being shown tonight may not look in this thread and may miss out on watching all of them in a row tomorrow if they want to...or DVRing them.

I knew it was on tonight so I never looked in this thread...until I noticed that my thread was gone and that I was the last one to post in a thread that I hadn't even opened.

NW Steeler
09-09-2009, 10:14 AM
In case you don't know, appearing will be Tomlin, Ben and Troy. The DVR is set! I can't wait. I watched the 2008 season review last night too, friggin' AWESOME!!!

proudpittsburgher
09-09-2009, 10:24 AM
In case you don't know, appearing will be Tomlin, Ben and Troy. The DVR is set! I can't wait. I watched the 2008 season review last night too, friggin' AWESOME!!!

I missed the 2008 season review you all speak so highly of, so I went to NFL.com and found nothing. Anyone find a weblink to this?

NW Steeler
09-09-2009, 10:43 AM
It is re-running on NFLN tomorrow morning.

proudpittsburgher
09-09-2009, 07:53 PM
A little over an hour from now. :tt1 :tt1

Chachi
09-09-2009, 07:53 PM
http://www.channelsurfing.net/#

Scroll down the page to the NFL Network link.

I'm watching it right now.

pfelix73
09-09-2009, 10:04 PM
What a great 1 hour of television. Masterfully done.

All 6 Steelers America Games are on tomorrow from 10am to 4pm. Then it's time for pre-game......

It's time to rock and roll......The Stairway to Seven is about to be climbed. 1st step, tomorrow night!

:tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

mshifko
09-09-2009, 10:07 PM
what time is america's game on tomorrow? i had to work tonight...

MeetJoeGreene
09-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Well done show.. the Steelers were awesome.

I didn't like the narrator ... to monotone and mellow.

Starlifter
09-09-2009, 10:20 PM
pretty good. would have liked a little more troy, but Ben and tomlin were great.

either way, it's a great way to start the season. defending champs!!!! here we go steelers!!!!!
:tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

Shoe
09-09-2009, 11:33 PM
I loved Polamalu's reasoning for his constant prayers during games.

But they outed his INT runback style (cutback).

frankthetank1
09-10-2009, 07:29 AM
i love how humble troy is. i also like how he said he doesnt love football. he loves life and football is a part of life

proudpittsburgher
09-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Dude, Troy has the whitest teeth I have ever seen. :lol: :tt2 Well done show. It's hard to hit everything from last season in an hour. And, I must have been under a rock, but I never knew about the "five-star game" thing.

frankthetank1
09-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Dude, Troy has the whitest teeth I have ever seen. :lol: :tt2 Well done show. It's hard to hit everything from last season in an hour. And, I must have been under a rock, but I never knew about the "five-star game" thing.

yea i never knew about that or the sticky lombardi either. i love that

NW Steeler
09-10-2009, 10:06 AM
I thought it was great. Tomlin, Troy and Ben were great choices. I especially liked the comments Troy made about some of the big plays at pivotal points in the AFCC and the Super Bowl. And Ben's comment at the end about how it was every kids dream to do what he got the opportunity to do...and did...was just great. We should consider ourselves lucky to have this team. This is a special group. Last season was absolutely unbelievable when you see it compressed down like that. All of the HUGE plays and comebacks. The one or two plays in SO many games that made the difference between us being 8-8 versus 12-4 and SB Champs! What a year we had!
:Bow

RuthlessBurgher
09-10-2009, 10:15 AM
I like that they showed a replay of the rarely-seen Polamalu backwards tackle against the Eagles. Good stuff.

proudpittsburgher
09-10-2009, 10:26 AM
I like that they showed a replay of the rarely-seen Polamalu backwards tackle against the Eagles. Good stuff.

Didn't he do it in the 05 AFCC game against the Broncos as well? Pretty early on if I remember well.

steelsnis
09-10-2009, 10:29 AM
IMO the best part about the show was the revelation that Coach Tomlin couldn't sleep one night during the week leading up to the Super Bowl, so he got up and watched tape of their recent practices.

In that tape he noticed that the defense was picking off a lot of balls, but weren't being very "offensive" in leading the runbacks after they made the interceptions. So he made a tape of all the picks they had in practice and showed it to the guys on defense and had them work extra hard on blocking for their teammates when they make an INT.

He even told them that when he was an assistant coach for Tampa when they won, they returned 3 picks for TDs and he wanted them to do the same.

So all of the great blocking during Harrison's INT runback (Woodley, Deshea, Timmons, Hoke...) wasn't a coincidence after all!!!

stlrz d
09-10-2009, 10:32 AM

Didn't he do it in the 05 AFCC game against the Broncos as well? Pretty early on if I remember well.

No, in that game he split defenders and made an off balance tackle, but in the Eagles game his back was completely turned to the defender and he reached behind himself (stand up with your hands at your waist and reach up behind yourself keeping your arms as straight as possible, that's how he did it) to grab the defender. At the last second he spun around and pulled the guy the rest of the way down.

IMO the best part about the show was the revelation that Coach Tomlin couldn't sleep one night during the week leading up to the Super Bowl, so he got up and watched tape of their recent practices.

In that tape he noticed that the defense was picking off a lot of balls, but weren't being very "offensive" in leading the runbacks after they made the interceptions. So he made a tape of all the picks they had in practice and showed it to the guys on defense and had them work extra hard on blocking for their teammates when they make an INT.

He even told them that when he was an assistant coach for Tampa when they won, they returned 3 picks for TDs and he wanted them to do the same.

So all of the great blocking during Harrison's INT runback (Woodley, Deshea, Timmons, Hoke...) wasn't a coincidence after all!!!

I liked the footage from the SB as they headed into the locker room. He reminded Woodley that the Bucs returned three. :D

Overpaid janitor. :roll:

NW Steeler
09-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Yep, Tomlin's comment was "I thought that was a great defense"! Classic!

proudpittsburgher
09-10-2009, 11:01 AM

No, in that game he split defenders and made an off balance tackle, but in the Eagles game his back was completely turned to the defender and he reached behind himself (stand up with your hands at your waist and reach up behind yourself keeping your arms as straight as possible, that's how he did it) to grab the defender. At the last second he spun around and pulled the guy the rest of the way down..

Thanks D

stlrz d
09-10-2009, 12:11 PM

No, in that game he split defenders and made an off balance tackle, but in the Eagles game his back was completely turned to the defender and he reached behind himself (stand up with your hands at your waist and reach up behind yourself keeping your arms as straight as possible, that's how he did it) to grab the defender. At the last second he spun around and pulled the guy the rest of the way down..

Thanks D

You got it man! :)