PDA

View Full Version : Could Fox take over at ILB fulltime if he plays lights out?

feltdizz
09-08-2009, 09:12 PM
What if Fox has a hell of a game at ILB and stuffs the run all night. Do we let Fox play the run all year and use Timmons like we did last year? :stirpot

Timmons is a beast and must see the field but what if he just isn't the run stopper we want him to be and is better suited playing the pass and blitzing the QB.

steelcityrules!!
09-08-2009, 09:35 PM
they need to do what works, and use people to their strengths.
they have a pretty good track record concerning that strategy and haven't been afraid to bring the lesser known into the limelight.

fox is very capable, I'm stoked he's backing up our LB's

fezziwig
09-08-2009, 10:15 PM
I think they feel Timmons is ready or else they wouldn't have allowed Foote to leave. I just hope between Timmons and Fox, we won't curse the day Foote departed.

BDESteel
09-08-2009, 10:40 PM
I would think if Fox was the better man, he'd be starting instead of Timmons. Sucks though to be Timmons right now.

Uu uuuu! :tt2

ps - can someone create a meaner looking towel waiver? Our two options just don't cut it.

flippy
09-09-2009, 09:52 AM
conspiracy theory alert:

maybe the timmons injury is made up to allow fox to start.....

RuthlessBurgher
09-09-2009, 10:11 AM
conspiracy theory alert:

maybe the timmons injury is made up to allow fox to start.....

Take off the tinfoil hat there, Flip.

Snatch98
09-09-2009, 02:36 PM
What if Fox has a hell of a game at ILB and stuffs the run all night. Do we let Fox play the run all year and use Timmons like we did last year? :stirpot

Timmons is a beast and must see the field but what if he just isn't the run stopper we want him to be and is better suited playing the pass and blitzing the QB.

Nope. Timmons is a monster that needs to be on the field all the time. If Fox excels and I hope he does he'll be good depth for the LB core we didn't expect to have when the season began. Timmons is the must start when healthy. No question.

RuthlessBurgher
09-09-2009, 03:19 PM

Nope. Timmons is a monster that needs to be on the field all the time. If Fox excels and I hope he does he'll be good depth for the LB core we didn't expect to have when the season began. Timmons is the must start when healthy. No question.

I think if there is an injury to Silverback or Woodley, instead of inserting Frazier or Arnold Harrison, I think they would move Timmons outside, and start Key Fox next to Farrior in the middle. That's where this starting experience for Fox now might help later.

Shoe
09-09-2009, 07:40 PM

But I think he's saying, what if Fox has a James-Harrison-on-MNF-like game. How you gonna send him back to the pine?