PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Rook of the year?

steeler_george
09-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Hey, Rookies now that it is time for the real man's game on Thursday, which one of you is going to conribute to us getting our 7th Super Bowel Championship?

Hood? Possible, if he gets signifact playing time before Eason and Kreich(sp).

Ubrik? I hear you have a long way to go.

Keenan Lewis? Hear you are a project, like Ike.

Wallace? Been hearing great things about you.

Tank? Like you already, knocked of C. Davis off this team!

Joe ? Long shot unless you can gain trust of Coaches on Returns.

Johnson? Like your mean streak blocking, can you catch?

Logon? You got Forest Gump return moves.. Run Forest, Run!!

I am thinking Logan is the favorite just because of his sole impact on a game.

Next is Wallace, splitting time with Sweed.

After, I say Tank (although he didn't show much, as of yet) because short yardage and is our "starting FB" and his contributions on Sp. teams.

But in all I see more contributions from our rooks than previous years.

BigLebowski
09-08-2009, 02:24 PM
As I said in the other THREAD (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7729), Logan is the obvious choice but I think Wallace is going to be crucial to this club as a deep threat. :tt1

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Since he was on the Dolphins practice squad back in 2007, I'm not considering Logan to be an official rookie (although I think he will make the biggest impact out of all the newcomers to the team).

In terms of an actual rookie, I was thinking it would be Wallace or Burnett at first because of their potential impact on special teams in the kick return and punt return game, respectively, but Logan has taken both of those roles, making that original thought moot.

At this point, I think I would lean toward D.J. Johnson being the rookie with the biggest impact, since I think that he will get more reps as a blocking FB than Frank the Tank will.

papillon
09-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Since he was on the Dolphins practice squad back in 2007, I'm not considering Logan to be an official rookie (although I think he will make the biggest impact out of all the newcomers to the team).

In terms of an actual rookie, I was thinking it would be Wallace or Burnett at first because of their potential impact on special teams in the kick return and punt return game, respectively, but Logan has taken both of those roles, making that original thought moot.

At this point, I think I would lean toward D.J. Johnson being the rookie with the biggest impact, since I think that he will get more reps as a blocking FB than Frank the Tank will.

Don't let Bruce Arians hear you using those words when referencing the Steeler offense. :tt2

Pappy

BigLebowski
09-08-2009, 02:35 PM
...D.J. Johnson being the rookie with the biggest impact, since I think that he will get more reps as a blocking FB than Frank the Tank will.

While I have always liked FranktheTank as a poster, I still am not very big on the Frank The Tank as a fullback. He did not look good against Carolina.