PDA

View Full Version : Can the Steelers repeat?

PSU_dropout43
09-08-2009, 01:36 PM
NFL Total Access looks at the challenges that face the defending Super Bowl champs.

Watch video: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-t ... ers-repeat (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81271311/Can-the-Steelers-repeat)

BigLebowski
09-08-2009, 02:42 PM
I think it is going to be hard enough just taking the division, it is not as if we beat the Ratbirds by 20 in each game.

But as long as Ben and Troy can stay healthy, anything is possible once the playoffs start.

Oviedo
09-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Step 1: Make the play offs
Step 2: Win the AFC North
Step 3: All else is a crapshoot.

IMO opinion the Steelers have as good a chance to repeat as anyone else in this league winning the Super Bowl. Name a single team that is significantly better. There isn't one.

The winner of the Super Bowl will be the team that can keep key personnel healthy and gets hot during the play offs.

Steeler Shades
09-08-2009, 03:06 PM
YES!!!!
8)

AngryAsian
09-08-2009, 04:21 PM
I think our only real challenge comes from Baltimore and New England. With the departing of Seymour from the Pats, they've established that the defense will be the weak link in their run towards another championship. You can't lose that many veteran leadership from their championship squads and still manage to compete. Baltimore is our perennial nemesis because they play exactly the same kind of ball we do... punishing. We just have a better system and better components to execute our game plan on both sides of the ball. With Rex Ryan gone, they'll be weaker on the defensive side of the ball. Our schedule favors us. We just have to stay healthy, focused and humble.

BigLebowski
09-08-2009, 06:23 PM
... With Rex Ryan gone, they'll be weaker on the defensive side of the ball...

AA, I hope you are right about the Ratbird Def, but I remember the pundits saying the same thing after Marvin Lewis and Mike Nolan left, and then Rex Ryan turned out to be better than both of them.

decleater
09-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Of course! We're on the stairway to seven! First step -- Tennessee Titans... :Steel

fezziwig
09-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Protect Ben, knock the snot out of the other quarterbacks and we wear ring number seven.