PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like It's Fox on Thursday Night

Jooser
09-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Timmons isn't practicing and is likely out for Thursday night's opener.

Per PPG:

LB Timmons likely out of Steelers game
Tuesday, September 08, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Linebacker Lawrence Timmons is not practicing again today, which means he is not expected to play Thursday night when the Steelers kick off the NFL season against the Tennessee Titans at Heinz Field.

Keyaron Fox will start at inside linebacker and also play in the nickel defense. Fox, a special teams co-captain, started two games last season, both at outside linebacker.
More details in tomorrow's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
First published on September 8, 2009 at 11:22 am

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09251/99 ... z0QX8pD5GH (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09251/996379-100.stm#ixzz0QX8pD5GH)

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Looks like it's Fox on Thursday night, eh? I would say it looks like NBC on Thursday night, not Fox (unless you prefer "Bones" and "Fringe" to Steelers and Titans). :wink:

Jooser
09-08-2009, 12:38 PM
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff263/igsjr/honeymooners.jpg
One of these days, Ruthless, one of these days.....POW :D

SteelerNation1
09-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Why do I have this creepy vision of RB sitting in an empty, padded room with a computer and just billions of .gif and .jpeg images??? He waits for a comment, chuckles to himself, searches the datbase and finds a spot on picture to match. :lol: :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Why do I have this creepy vision of RB sitting in an empty, padded room with a computer and just billions of .gif and .jpeg images??? He waits for a comment, chuckles to himself, searches the datbase and finds a spot on picture to match. :lol: :lol: :lol:

While that is all pretty much true, I find it interesting that you made this comment in response to a post where I included no pictures whatsoever, except for the winking smiley that I didn't have to search for, since it is one of the choices to the left. :? :lol:

papillon
09-08-2009, 01:28 PM

While that is all pretty much true, I find it interesting that you made this comment in response to a post where I included no pictures whatsoever, except for the winking smiley that I didn't have to search for, since it is one of the choices to the left. :? :lol:

He just wanted to see if you could hit a curve ball... :moon :tt2

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2009, 02:14 PM

Pappy

Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.

You know you might think about taking Jesus Christ as your savior instead of fooling around with all this stuff.

Ah, Hay-Soos, I like him very much, but he no help with curveball.

You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

http://image.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/eddie_harris.jpg

rpmpit
09-08-2009, 02:37 PM

This used to be me :twisted: until I realized I needed to actually get some work done while at work! :lol: :lol: :lol:

SteelerNation1
09-08-2009, 03:30 PM

Pappy

Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.

You know you might think about taking Jesus Christ as your savior instead of fooling around with all this stuff.

HMMMM>>>Eddie Harris file. Done!

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2009, 03:36 PM

Pappy

HMMMM>>>Eddie Harris file. Done!

What...you don't have the Control + Alt + E + H shortcut on your keyboard that gives you automatic access to an Eddie Harris pic? Up your butt, Jobu!!! :lol:

Iron Shiek
09-08-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm excited to see what Fox can do in a full time in a game that counts. I've loved what he does on Special Teams, much like Harrison used to. And he's finally getting his shot. While he is not going to match Harrison's incredible ascension, I expect a sound game from him.

I still want Timmons back ASAP though.

frankthetank1
09-08-2009, 04:46 PM
im pretty dissapointed. its a very important season for timmons but im not suprised he is out against the titans. i just hope he only misses one game

BigLebowski
09-08-2009, 06:16 PM
im pretty dissapointed. its a very important season for timmons but im not suprised he is out against the titans. i just hope he only misses one game
Agreed, visions of his rookie year are starting to pop up in my head.

decleater
09-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Key will get the job done while filling in for Timmons. I can't wait for the first human pile-up! God help me I so love it! :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2009, 06:59 PM

Having 10 days between the Titans game on the 10th and the Bears game on the 20th might help.

feltdizz
09-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Good luck Fox.. I actually think Fox outplayed Timmons at inside LB this preseason anyway..

stlrz d
09-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Good luck Fox.. I actually think Fox outplayed Timmons at inside LB this preseason anyway..

I suspect if roles had been reversed (Fox against 1st team and Timmons against 2nd team) you may not think that.

Fox is good...Timmons is special.