PDA

View Full Version : WOW!...There are atleast 3 OC's that are worse than...

JDSteeler
09-07-2009, 10:52 AM
...Bruce, I have no imagination, Arians. Those being the 3 OC's that just got
fired this week, at KC, BUF, and TB.

I'm really not complaining, as the Steelers did win SB XLIII with him as the OC.
But the guy has got to open up the playbook, and he may have done that in
the preseason....???

Actually, I liked some of the running plays he called in the Preseason. I believe
the new "Wrinkle" is called the "Sprint Draw".

What seems to be different with that play, than the countless other hand-offs that
resulted in 3-yards or less per carry, is that, the RB is not running towards the LOS
until the QB actually hands it off. This may allow the OL to actually have time to
block and open up a hole or allow the RB to make a CHOICE rather than be FORCED
to take it into a particular spot.

What's even more alarming, is that, Arians had "The Joystick" split wide and
taking reverses for some nice yards. Could we have seen a glimpse of the new
"Slash", or was it just something "Fun" during the last meaningless game??

Logan is, IMHO, a game-breaker! Just his presence lining up in the formation
will be enough of a distraction to the defenses, that will open up other mis-
matches elsewhere on the field. However, if I were Arians, I'd rather use him,
than use him, as a decoy. The Joystick is like Sproles, but he's even smaller,
which makes him than much harder to find, and even harder to tackle. Gotta
keep him fresh for punt-KO returns, but Arians has to find a couple or three
packages for this guy, and our offense could be puttin up some points!!

Looking forward to the Steelers opening a can of whoop-azz on the Titans after
they embarrassed us last season 31-14. They then promptly used the TT as
azz-wipe and then stomped on it for good measure. I know I remember what
they did, and I know it was last season....But the Tits' need an azz whooping
just as bad as we got ours, only this time, we don't have to resort to childish
type displays, and bad sportsmanship.

Two guys I'd like to pimp-slap, would be, Bullock and White!!!! Just wait, you
two will be gettin' yours on Thursday!! Payback is a biatch, you biatches!!

Here we go Steelers, Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Frothing at the mouth like a crazed dog!!!!!!!!!!!

JD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SidSmythe
09-07-2009, 11:08 AM
I think ARIANS is one heck of an OC to do what he has done w/ this Offensive Line.
of Course BEN is the reason this offense works, but Arians IMO has done a pretty good job.

Flasteel
09-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Bruce Arians < Chan Gailey. :tt2

ANPSTEEL
09-07-2009, 11:27 AM

yes- you, me, and pretty much every other steeler fan in the U.S. feels this way.

buckeyehoppy
09-07-2009, 11:35 AM

yes- you, me, and pretty much every other steeler fan in the U.S. feels this way.

Very true from both of you!

If the Steelers fail to defend, one needs to ask if BA is the right fit for this team and a QB who is just now entering his prime. Hopefully, that one will be located in the FO and have a name that rhymes with Zolbert.

RuthlessBurgher
09-07-2009, 08:37 PM

Very true from both of you!

If the Steelers fail to defend, one needs to ask if BA is the right fit for this team and a QB who is just now entering his prime. Hopefully, that one will be located in the FO and have a name that rhymes with Zolbert.

I believe the gentleman whose name rhymes with Zomlin makes decisions regarding his coaching staff, not the gentleman whose name rhymes with Zolbert.

Oviedo
09-08-2009, 07:43 AM

Obviously KC didn't think so because Gailey doesn't have a job.

The difference is Gailey doesn't have to run an offense behind our OL and then have internet experts second guess every play when they have no idea what was actually called because by his own admission our QB is calling/changing 40% of the plays.

Jooser
09-08-2009, 08:07 AM
I'm no internet expert, but I am a forum poster with an opinion on Arians. I think that he lacks imagination at times, and he needs his head examined for running so many plays with FWP as the lone back. This doesn't fit his running style and more often than not results in negative yardage. A lead blocker could open up that crack that FWP needs to gain at least a few yards, and could improve our short yardage/goal line production. It's not always the play calls that are suspect with BA, it's his running schemes in general. I think his passing schemes are pretty decent at times, but he doesn't set up the run well at all IMH(internet)O.

Captain Lemming
09-08-2009, 09:59 AM
I think his passing schemes are pretty decent at times, but he doesn't set up the run well at all IMH(internet)O.

Tends to happen when you have no oline talent.

ikestops85
09-08-2009, 10:13 AM
I think his passing schemes are pretty decent at times, but he doesn't set up the run well at all IMH(internet)O.

Tends to happen when you have no oline talent.

This is true but if you look at the running plays last year it appears we were more successful when we lined somewhat up at the fullback position as opposed to not. My biggest complaint about Arians is he seems to want to make the personnel fit into his system instead of having his system fit the personnel.

Captain Lemming
09-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Yeah if they werent such bums we would have won a championship by now.
(Well in Arians case we are talking about fanatsy football championships. If those are the numbers that matter, he is pure evil) :)