PDA

View Full Version : Make your prediction

Oviedo
09-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Three Days until the start of real football. Make your prediction for the season. I think our upside is 13-3.

Game 1 vs Titans: L. Hate to do it but we start slow and this is a tough game. If not a loss here then the next one in Chicago. I actually think an opening loss will focus theis team.
Game 2 @ Bears: W
Game 3 @ Bumgals: W
Game 4 vs Chargers: L
Game 5 @ Lions: W
Game 6 vs Browns: W
Game 7 vs Vikings: W
BYE
Game 8 @ Stains: W
Game 9 vs Bumgals: W
Game 10 @ Chiefs: W
Game 11 @ Ravens: L
Game 12 Vs Raiders: W
Game 13 @ Stains: W
Game 14 vs Packers: W
Game 15 vs Ravens: W
Game 16 @ Dolphins: W

AkronSteel
09-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Three Days until the start of real football. Make your prediction for the season. I think our upside is 13-3.

Game 1 vs Titans: L. Hate to do it but we start slow and this is a tough game. If not a loss here then the next one in Chicago. I actually think an opening loss will focus theis team.
BYE

I have it reversed brother!! I think the team makes a statement against the Titans but will struggle in Chi-Town in week 2. That game could look alot like the Eagles game last year. I only see two losses, in Chicago and in Baltimore!!

BURGH86STEEL
09-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Game 1 vs Titans: W
Game 2 @ Bears: L
Game 3 @ Bengals: W
Game 4 vs Chargers: W
Game 7 vs Vikings: L
BYE
Game 9 vs Bengals: W
Game 16 @ Dolphins: L

Oviedo
09-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Game 1 vs Titans: W
Game 3 @ Bengals: W
Game 7 vs Vikings: L
BYE
Game 9 vs Bengals: W
Game 16 @ Dolphins: L

I assume you feel we will mail in the Dolphins game.

flippy
09-07-2009, 11:56 AM
19-0

Djfan
09-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Game 1 vs Titans: W - This is one of the tough ones. Sets the theme for the year.
Game 2 @ Bears: W - They improve but not that much.
Game 3 @ Bumgals: W - This team has one receiver.
Game 4 vs Chargers: W - Easier than the odds makers think.
Game 5 @ Lions: W - Next
Game 6 vs Browns: W - Next again
Game 7 vs Vikings: W - Favre regrets decision to return.
BYE
Game 8 @ Stains: W - Last week was easier, but not by much
Game 9 vs Bumgals: W - Rerun
Game 10 @ Chiefs: W - We play lots of second and third stringers for three weeks straight.
Game 11 @ Ravens: L - This may be a loss. They are at home and angry.
Game 12 Vs Raiders: W - Back to the second stringers.
Game 13 @ Stains: W - You almost feel bad for them
Game 14 vs Packers: W - Tough win against that superhero Rogers.
Game 15 vs Ravens: W - Payback
Game 16 @ Dolphins: W - Both teams play back ups to save for playoffs.

buckeyehoppy
09-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Game 1 vs Titties: W - The Steelers shall not lose on the hallowed turf of Heinz Field this season. Statement Game #1.

Game 2 @ Bears: W - Cutler has a rough day against the Steelers secondary...Forte doesn't have enough to pick up the slack.

Game 3 @ Bungholes: W - All division road games will pose a challenge...this one could be a fooler, but expect the Steelers to squeak out a close one.

Game 4 vs ThunderDolts: W - The Steelers typically prove double tough at home in night games. Against Norvie's Army, nothing falls out of the ordinary. Statement Game #2.

Game 5 @ Murder City Kitties: W - Steelers bench will get some PT in this one.

Game 6 vs Clowns: W - Steelers bench will get some PT in this one, too. Welcome to the Bataan Death March, Cindy Brady Quinn.

Game 7 vs Viqueens: W - A stern test against a D with plenty of resolve. Still, the Steelers D proves superior to the rag arm of Brett "I Owe My Retirement To James Harrison" Favre.

BYE

Game 8 @ Bronc-hos: W - The Steelers always seem to deliver duds in Denver. But they keep a clean sheet by the skin of their teeth in this one after the bye week.

Game 9 vs Bungholes: W - This one will be a second surprisingly rough battle with the Queen City Kitties. But pride, and a better Steelers team, win this one in a short week.

Game 10 @ Chefs: W - As the heat rises on an undefeated season, the Steelers find another surprisingly close match against an upstart team on the road.

Game 11 @ Rattards: L - There goes the clean sheet. A Black and Gold letdown against a division rival looking to make their mark in front of a national audience.

Game 12 vs D-Cell Lobbers: W - The Steelers bounce back hard against Alice The Goon's boys. Expect pain to come to the Commitment To Mediocrity.

Game 13 @ Clowns: L - It has to happen sometime, kids. This will be the Clowns Super Bowl in a home night game where they typically rise past mediocrity. The Steelers usually have a dog game somewhere on the schedule. This could be the one.

Game 14 vs Fudge Packers: W - Steelers come home salty after a regrettable loss to the Blind Squirrels who found the acorn. Wouldn't want to be in the Fudge Packers shoes for this game.

Game 15 vs Rattards: W - Steelers sew up HFA for the playoffs here and prove to the remainder of the league that the road to South Florida goes through The Confluence. Statement Game #3.

Game 16 @ 'Phins: L - With nothing to play for on the road, the Steelers meet up with the 'Phins who will still have something to play for and will be looking to make a statement heading into the playoffs. The Steelers will want to play hard against an incoming playoff team, but the 'Phins take the AFC East on the Steelers backs.

Games 17, 18, and 19 - See "Season Predictions....Should be a Good One!!!" thread. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7754 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7754)

Overall Record: 16-3...Stairway to 7!!!

Steeler Shades
09-07-2009, 05:36 PM
19-0
I don't Know about 19-0.....yet
but I will go 16-0.
8)

stlrz d
09-07-2009, 07:06 PM
14-2. Loss @ Baltimore (it's their SB) and loss @ Miami (nothing to play for...getting ready for the playoffs).

Shoe
09-07-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm already on record, saying the stains will take a game from us this year... that's one loss. I disagree with Oviedo: even if you thought we were a slow-starting team, retribution is gonna play a (big) part in Thursday's game.

Also, please remember that that we were winding down the toughest schedule anyone can recall, with games against Dallas (where we had to dig deep and steal it), and Baltimore (nuff said) preceding that Tennessee game. Our guys were spent.

This time, we are at home. We are motivated (thanks LenDale!). We are well-rested. All systems are go.

We're gonna lay the smacketh down on them.

I'm gonna go conservative and say 13-3.

Oviedo
09-08-2009, 07:37 AM
I'm already on record, saying the stains will take a game from us this year... that's one loss. I disagree with Oviedo: even if you thought we were a slow-starting team, retribution is gonna play a (big) part in Thursday's game.

Also, please remember that that we were winding down the toughest schedule anyone can recall, with games against Dallas (where we had to dig deep and steal it), and Baltimore (nuff said) preceding that Tennessee game. Our guys were spent.

This time, we are at home. We are motivated (thanks LenDale!). We are well-rested. All systems are go.

We're gonna lay the smacketh down on them.

I'm gonna go conservative and say 13-3.

Retribution is something the fans talk about. For the players it is just blocking and tackling. Timmons will be out which IMO will hurt because Chris Johnson is effective receiving the ball out of the backfield plus Collins likes to throw to the TE. Our running game has not started to click yet and FWP has another nagging injury. Collins was sacked only 8 times all last season which nullifies the most importnat part of our defense-the pass rush. I don't buy for a minute that the refs are actually going to call holding this season.

I just think the Titans have our number and we always struggle against them.

I do agree that 13-3 is achieveable but we are IMO going to get a wake-up call on Thursday night. I hope I'm wrong, very wrong.

papillon
09-08-2009, 08:47 AM
19-0
I don't Know about 19-0.....yet
but I will go 16-0.
8)

Shades, I'm shocked, you typically aren't that optimistic, now I'm really amped for the season. When Shades goes 16-0 it's a good sign. :tt2

Pappy

Starlifter
09-08-2009, 09:47 AM

BYE

not bad. there are several tough games on our schedule. having said that, it's hard to see where the stumbles will happen. I don't think kerry collins will have the same type of year as last year. that's a win in week 1. I do believe flacco will have a sophomore slump and their lack of quality WR's will make a huge impact. probably too optimistic to say we sweep them with that defense so call it a wash. I don't know why the media thinks cuttler is a franchise QB. I see a petulant crybaby who yells at his teammates. after the 5th sack he should be yelling pretty loud. SD should be tough, but i never underestimate the ability of norv turner to bring out the worst in a team. favre is 39 years old. if he's still mobile by the time he plays us we may be the game the forces his last and final retirement.

bottom line for me is there is not one game on this schedule we shouldn't be favored to win. I'm going with 13-3 if the team stays healthy. which 3 will be losses? have no idea. probably one ravens game, the other two can be anyone but detroit and cleveland.

feltdizz
09-08-2009, 12:47 PM
13-3

SteelerNation1
09-08-2009, 12:54 PM
19-0
+1 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

papillon
09-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Playoff Teams

AFC Division Winners

AFCN - Steelers (14-2)
AFCE - Patriots (12-4)
AFCS - Houston (11-5)
AFCW - Chargers (12-4)

AFC wildcards

Baltimore (11-5)
Titans (10-6)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
NFC Division Winners

NFCN - Packers (11-5)
NFCS - New Orleans (12-4)
NFCE - Giants (12-4)
NFCW - Seattle (11-5)

NFC Wildcard

Vikings (10-6)
Philadelphia (10-6)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFC Wildcard round

Titans vs Chargers --> Titans
Baltimore vs Houston --> Baltimore

NFC Wildcard round

Packers vs Philadelphia --> Philadelphia
Vikings vs Seattle -- Vikings
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFC Divisional round

Titans vs Steelers --> Steelers
Baltimore vs Patriots --> Patriots

NFC Divisional round

Philadelphia vs Giants --> Giants
Vikings vs New Orleans --> Vikings
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conference Championship round

Patriots vs Steelers --> Steelers
Vikings vs Giants --> Giants

Super Bowl

Steelers vs Giants --> #7 baby!

Pappy

dsmith
09-08-2009, 01:58 PM
I am going with 12-4. Instead of going team by team, here are my salient points:

There will be one inexplicable loss that will light up the message boards. [/*:m:2vzlbeo5]
The Steelers will go 4-2 in division with 1 loss to the Ravens and another to either the Browns/Bengals.[/*:m:2vzlbeo5]
The Steelers will lose one game of the 4 with the AFC West, but it won't be San Diego.[/*:m:2vzlbeo5]
The Steelers will lose one game of the 4 with the NFC North, but it won't be Detroit. :D [/*:m:2vzlbeo5]

Steeler Shades
09-08-2009, 03:04 PM
..16-0. 8)Shades, I'm shocked, you typically aren't that optimistic, now I'm really amped for the season. When Shades goes 16-0 it's a good sign...
After our schedule and performance last season, and looking at the players we are going into battle with THIS season...... I am seriously psyched. Toss in the weak schedule and I'm smelling Steeler history........PERFECT SEASON!!!
8)

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm going with 13-3. If we were able to go 12-4 with an extraordinarily tough schedule last year, we should at least be able to improve upon it with this year's significantly softer schedule on paper. However, it would be foolish to try to predict perfection with some of our shortcomings on the offensive line staring us right in the face (already lost a starter and we don't have any backups who have taken even a single regular season snap in the NFL), so I settled with one loss per month until we turn in on at the end to start our playoff run.

papillon
09-08-2009, 03:57 PM
[quote="Steeler Shades":1ecvdq0i]..16-0. 8)Shades, I'm shocked, you typically aren't that optimistic, now I'm really amped for the season. When Shades goes 16-0 it's a good sign...
After our schedule and performance last season, and looking at the players we are going into battle with THIS season...... I am seriously psyched. Toss in the weak schedule and I'm smelling Steeler history........PERFECT SEASON!!!
8)[/quote:1ecvdq0i]

Okay, I'm officially sending out the search party for the real Steeler Shades. :P Someone, kidnapped him and forced his PlanetSteelers password to be compromised to come here and pump up the nation. :tt2

Pappy

Oviedo
09-08-2009, 04:17 PM
I am going with 12-4. Instead of going team by team, here are my salient points:

There will be one inexplicable loss that will light up the message boards. [/*:m:1jfrip3h]
The Steelers will go 4-2 in division with 1 loss to the Ravens and another to either the Browns/Bengals.[/*:m:1jfrip3h]
The Steelers will lose one game of the 4 with the AFC West, but it won't be San Diego.[/*:m:1jfrip3h]
The Steelers will lose one game of the 4 with the NFC North, but it won't be Detroit. :D [/*:m:1jfrip3h]

I can see that

grotonsteel
09-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Game 1 vs Titans: L. Titans have the best O-line. Mike Munchak is one of the best in business.Titans O-line will take care of Steelers D.
Game 3 @ Bumgals: L -- Bengals will win atleast 9 games this season.
BYE
Game 11 @ Ravens: L --- Ratbirds Super Bowl.
Game 14 vs Packers: W -- Packers D is horrible. Dom Capers can't save them.

Steelers will go 13-3 and win AFC North.

steelsun7
09-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Game 1 vs Titans: w
Game 4 vs Chargers: w
BYE

ill go 14-2

Oviedo
09-09-2009, 10:12 AM
The concensus seems to be 12 or more wins. Very doable unless injuries derail us.

I'll follow up with what pappy has and say the rest of the playoff field will be:

Playoff Teams

AFC Division Winners

AFCN - Steelers (13-3)
AFCE - Patriots (11-5)
AFCS - Titans (11-5)
AFCW - Chargers (12-4)

AFC wildcards

Indy or Ravens (9-7)
Houston (10-6)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
NFC Division Winners

NFCN - Packers (10-6)
NFCS - New Orleans (11-5)
NFCE - Philly (11-5)
NFCW - Seattle (10-6)

NFC Wildcard

Chicago (10-6)
Atlanta (10-6)

RKSteel
09-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Game 1 vs Titans: W - Players won't admit, but disrespecting the TT is disrespecting the Steelers.
Game 2 @ Bears: W - Could be a close game, but with 10 days to prepare, Steelers will be ready.
Game 3 @ Bengals: L - After two tough games, Steelers underestimate Bengals
Game 4 vs Chargers: W - Pissed off Steeler squad crushes Bolts
Game 5 @ Lions: W - FWP runs for 200yds. Steelers don't miss Foote
Game 6 vs Browns: W - Taking my daughter to this game, Steelers win
Game 7 vs Vikings: W - Tough defensive game, Farve is sacked the same # of times he has retired/unretired. Farve announces retirement after game, Silverback sacks him at podium.
BYE
Game 8 @ Broncos: W - Might be worst team in AFCW
Game 9 vs Bengals: W - Steelers crush Bengals
Game 10 @ Chiefs: W - Steelers win close one, looking ahead?
Game 11 @ Ravens: W - Sweed doesn't drop any td's this game, Steelers win big
Game 12 Vs Raiders: W - 2nd worst team in AFCW
Game 13 @ Browns: W - Mangenius still hasn't named starter
Game 14 vs Packers: W - Rollin Rollin Rollin, Steelers keep on Rollin, Rawhide
Game 15 vs Ravens: W - Steelers win knocks Ravens out of WC picture
Game 16 @ Dolphins: L - Starters resting, 2nd string gets some game time

14 - 2 sounds about right. :tt2

Steeler Shades
09-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Steelers 15-1
8)

proudpittsburgher
09-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Game 1 vs Titans: L. Titans have the best O-line. Mike Munchak is one of the best in business.Titans O-line will take care of Steelers D.
Game 3 @ Bumgals: L -- Bengals will win atleast 9 games this season.
BYE
Game 11 @ Ravens: L --- Ratbirds Super Bowl.
Game 14 vs Packers: W -- Packers D is horrible. Dom Capers can't save them.

Steelers will go 13-3 and win AFC North.

You are 0-2 two weeks in, Groton. But that's OK, I am rooting for you to go 0-3, then rebound. :)