PDA

View Full Version : Season Predictions....Should be a Good One!!!

AkronSteel
09-07-2009, 09:53 AM
AFC East
Patriots 11-5 : Will of course be a solid team but that defense is not up to snuff.
Dolphins 9-7 : Everyone is expecting a major dropoff but I don't see it!
Jets 6-10 : Rookie QB means alot of growing pains.
Bills 3-13 : This team is in serious trouble already. Jauron will be fired by week 5.

AFC North
Steelers 14-2 : The class of the AFC, will roll through the regular season!
Ravens 10-6 : Will be a tough team and could be really good if Flacco takes the next step.
Bengals 7-9 : This team is solid but they don't have the leadership to get over the top.
Browns 5-11 : Long season in C-town....could surprise a couple teams down the stretch.

AFC South
Texans 11-5 : Surprise team of the league!!! Will take 2nd seed in the AFC.
Titans 10-6 : Will still be solid but the lack of a quality QB will cost them in the end.
Colts 9-7 : Too much turnover in personnel and coaching for this team to succeed this year.
Jaguars 6-10 : Probably Del Rio's last season in Jacksonville!

AFC West
Chargers 10-6 : Will win division by default.
Raiders 8-8 : Will be improved but still are the Raiders. Inexperience will cost them.
Broncos 4-12 : This team is terrible....bad season in the Rockies!
Chiefs 3-13 : Will be a long season for Cassell and Haley!!!

NFC East
Eagles 12-4 : Will have a very good season but will Vick be a distraction?
Giants 11-5 : Lack of threats on the outside will eventually unwind the Giants season.
Redskins 8-8 : Daniel Snyder continues to spend big money for mediocre results.
Cowboys 6-10 : Nice stadium Jerry, too bad your team doesn't match it.

NFC North
Bears 10-6 : Cutler will make a big difference for this team!
Vikings 10-6 : Favre will fizzle down the stretch just like last year in New York.
Packers 9-7 : This team will make things tight in the North but will fall short.
Lions 2-14 : Hey at least they will get 200% more wins than last year.

NFC South
Saints 11-5 : If the defense can stand up they could make a run at Miami in February.
Falcons 9-7 : Matty Ice will take a step back this year, the league isn't that easy kid!
Panthers 9-7 : Delhomme is at the end of his rope and he will cost this team a few games.
Buccaneers 4-12 : Josh Freeman will be starting by mid-season!

NFC West
49ers 9-7 : Singletary will play smash mouth football and win a couple games he shouldn't.
Cardinals 8-8 : Can anyone say Super Bowl Hangover?
Seahawks 7-9 : This team is coming to the end of an era, its gonna be a hard fall!
Rams 5-11 : Spagnuola will have this team looking alot different in the 2nd half of the season.

Playoffs:

Wild Card Round:
Patriots over Titans
Ravens over Chargers
Bears over Vikings
Giants over 49ers

Divisional Round:
Steelers over Ravens
Texans over Patriots
Eagles over Giants
Saints over Bears

Championships:
Steelers over Texans
Saints over Eagles

Super Bowl XLIV
Steelers over Saints

Thats my take and I'm sticking to it!! Should be a fun year folks.....here's hoping we really enjoy 7th Heaven!!!

:tt1 :tt1

Djfan
09-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Patriots 11-5 : Will of course be a solid team but that defense is not up to snuff.
Dolphins 9-7 : Everyone is expecting a major dropoff but I don't see it!

I agree on Miami. I think they will give NE more pressure than that. Don't be surprised of Miami takes the division.

Colts 9-7 : Too much turnover in personnel and coaching for this team to succeed this year
Hope so. Can't stand Peyton.

Vikings 10-6 : Favre will fizzle down the stretch just like last year in New York.

He has already admitted he is sore this year. This is his last fizzle.

Lions 2-14 : Hey at least they will get 200% more wins than last year.

200% of zero is still zero.

Saints 11-5 : If the defense can stand up they could make a run at Miami in February.

Well, you know.....Brees is better than Ben is.

Cardinals 8-8 : Can anyone say Super Bowl Hangover?

I disagree here. That offense is too legit.

Seahawks 7-9 : This team is coming to the end of an era, its gonna be a hard fall!

Whosyourmama will bring a lot to that team, IMO.

buckeyehoppy
09-07-2009, 01:59 PM
AFC East
'Phins 10-6 : Last year was no mirage. Well balanced team that should be more than 1 and out this time.

Patophiles 9-7 : Same defense that played in the 80s. O will score, but not enough to cover for a slow and aging D.

J-E-T-S 7-9 : J-E-T-S spells A-V-E-R-A-G-E. Future is bright with Sanchez, but still too green (no pun intended).

Bills 4-12 : Weak team with NO offense...easier to fire the OC than 11 starters.

AFC North
Steelers 13-3 : A team that is just starting to peak. Get used to this projection for the next few years in a row.

WC-Rattards 10-6 : Flacco must step up if even this pick is to be realised. No established running game and aging D must be taken into account.

Bungholes 7-9 : A steady, if not remarkable, D. Palmer will have problems if a #2 WR doesn't emerge or a running attack.

Clowns 7-9 : Could be a 2nd half fooler, but way too many question marks keep the Mistakes by the Lake in their old stomping grounds.

AFC South
Texans 11-5 : The D finally grows up and the O has enough tools to qualify for the post season for the first time and save Kubiak's bacon.

WC-Titties 10-6 : The D puts them in the playoffs...the O keeps them from a division win and a home game in the playoffs.

Colts 8-8 : Age, new coach and general uncertainty lead to a .500 campaign for the Colts. Let the rebuild begin.

Jagoffs 6-10 : Del Rio better teach his players to play ball and not chop wood...soon!

AFC West
ThunderDolts 12-4 : The AFC Worst sux...half their wins win be in the division alone. 2nd seed...and, as usual, one and done with Norvie Boy.

D-Cell Lobbers 7-9 : Russell starts feeling the love, but the team is still loaded with question marks.

Bronc-hos 5-11 : First year coach...no offense...no defense...no joy in Denver.

Chefs 4-12 : Cassell ain't in Patophile land any more. Haley finds out that being the HC ain't as easy as being an OC.

NFC East
Beagles 12-4 : Vick may be launched by mid-season, barring a McNabb injury. All the tools are back for another run at the ring.

WC-Gints 12-4 : Excellent all around attack. With any luck, the order at the top could be reversed.

Cowqueens 8-8 : Average squad with an overrated QB. Enough tools to be respectable and make noise on any given Sunday.

DC Deadskins 7-9 : Last in war...last in peace...and last in the NFC East!

NFC North
Viqueens 10-6 : Favre is mostly a non factor here. But the Vikes are just too tough all around in a very mediocre division.

Bears 7-9 : Cutler was a good pickup but wasn't supplied many tools to work with. An aging D drops off a step and slows the city of Big Shoulders.

Fudge Packers 6-10 : A young team w/o much on O. Will struggle early and not quite get all the way back.

Murder City Kitties 2-14 : Detroit is now on the clock...again.

NFC South
Saints 11-5 : Seems that teams here succeed in 3 year increments. A solid attack and good young D make this pick more than reasonable.

Falcons 8-8 : Last year was a good learning experience for a young team. Now, it's time to deal with the realities of the 1st place sked.

Panthers 7-9 : A banged up D...already...and a mistake-prone QB have this team on the ropes early and will prove to be too much to overcome.

Bucs 5-11 : And all around question mark lies over this team and with a 1st year coach that can spell disaster.

NFC West
Seahawks 9-7 : An aging team gets one more shot at the top in a division that is typically up for grabs. Hasselcrack uses Houzyerdaddy to get back on track.

WC-69ers 9-7 : A steady team with a relentless coach, this young team will match the intensity of its coach...especially on D.

Cardinals 8-8 : A O for the ages...and a D that will give it all away. A new scheme on O will prove to be too much of a question mark for the defending conference champs.

Lambs 5-11 : Lotsa changes in the Gateway to the West. Very young, they will struggle even in a not-very-talented division

Playoffs:

Wild Card Round:
AFC
Titties over Texans : Texans reach the top in the regular season. But the Titties show them that staying in the PS is much harder than getting there.

'Phins over Rattards : Same scenario as last year, but with a strong 'Phins O against a tired Rattard D with no scoring punch. Outcome reversed.

NFC
Viqueens over 69ers : The Minnesota QB will not be a factor with this game. A team that has APete running and a relentless D should be able to get over the largely inexperienced Niners.

Gints over Seahawks : Seahawks have the home field...but the Gints take the West Division champs to the woodshed.

Divisional Round:
AFC
Steelers over Titties : This should be a slobberknocker. But the #1 D is too much to overcome on the road for the fairly pedestrian Music City O.

'Phins over ThunderDolts : SD gets to this point nearly every year...then plays a game to prove why they shouldn't have gotten this far. The upstart 'Phins deliver the killing blow at the playoff welcome mat for this year's T-Dolts.

NFC
Gints over Viqueens : This is game one of the lopsided NFC Divisional round. The Vikes have enough talent to get this far. But to get to the SB, a team must have the complete package. The Vikes, even with Favre, still lack a difference making QB.

Beagles over Saints : A lot of similarity between these two teams. But the Eagles all around toughness will win out over a Saints squad still finding itself. The playoffs are no place to find a missing part. The Beagles will expose that.

Championships:
AFC
Steelers over 'Phins : The magic carpet ride ends at the Confluence for the chance to put the 'Phins on home field for the big game. The #1 D will overwhelm a still young 'Phins O and Big Ben will take the balanced Black and Gold attack to the house with surprising regularity.

NFC
Gints over Beagles : Will be tough to take down the Birds at home, but something always rises up to bite them in the @$$...and the Gints thrive on opportunities like that. And whatever kept the Gints off the division title podium, that will likely be avenged against a team that typically finds a way to deliver a dog somewhere in the playoff run. And the Gints are simply too talented to allow many teams to make a mistake and that will cost the Beagles here.

Super Bowl XLIV
Steelers over Gints : No doubt, the NFL is drooling over this matchup...and with good reason. These will be the two best teams in the league at the end of the season in the league's showcase game...and it will live up to the billing. Good Ol' Rog is surely beating off to this scenario. In the end, the defending champs will prove to possess a better overall balance and with a D that should be able to shut down a good, but manageable, Gints passing attack that will be enough of a difference for the Black and Gold to hoist Lombardi Trophy #7 in South Florida the first Sunday in February.

Yes, indeed, Steeler Universe...we are on the Stairway To Seven!!!

RuthlessBurgher
09-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Patophiles 9-7 : Same defense that played in the 80s. O will score, but not enough to cover for a slow and aging D.

For what it is worth, New England is not a slow and aging D anymore. Most of the familiar faces, such as Tedy Bruschi, Mike Vrabel, Richard Seymour, and Rodney Harrison are gone. I'm not saying that their defense will necessarily be any good, but you can't hang the "same defense that played in the 80s" moniker on them. Six out of eleven starters on their defense from last year will be new this year.

Projected starting lineup on defense for the Asterisks:

Ty Warren - Vince Wilfork - Jarvis Green

Pierre Woods - Jerod Mayo - Gary Guyton - Adalius Thomas

Shawn Springs - Brandon Meriwether - James Sanders - Leigh Bodden

That is far from a championship caliber defense, but it is certainly not same-old, same old anymore.

buckeyehoppy
09-07-2009, 09:12 PM

For what it is worth, New England is not a slow and aging D anymore. Most of the familiar faces, such as Tedy Bruschi, Mike Vrabel, Richard Seymour, and Rodney Harrison are gone. I'm not saying that their defense will necessarily be any good, but you can't hang the "same defense that played in the 80s" moniker on them. Six out of eleven starters on their defense from last year will be new this year.

Projected starting lineup on defense for the Asterisks:

Ty Warren - Vince Wilfork - Jarvis Green

Pierre Woods - Jerod Mayo - Gary Guyton - Adalius Thomas

Shawn Springs - Brandon Meriwether - James Sanders - Leigh Bodden

That is far from a championship caliber defense, but it is certainly not same-old, same old anymore.

Dayum...was caught napping on the player changes. But, if that's the D they're going to trot out then Marcia Brady is going to have to be MVP in order for them to even compete. Not AT ALL impressed with that D outside of Wilfork, Springs and Thomas.

And we'll see how well they do on O. Brady has a new OC and is coming off a major injury. No one seems to be saying any thing about that. For my $$$, the 'Phins have more upside across the board with a team that is still fresher and younger than the Patophiles.

stlrz d
09-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Mayo is a tackling machine.

buckeyehoppy
09-07-2009, 09:18 PM

Not to mention a great addition to a BLT sammich! :2c

Jom112
09-07-2009, 10:42 PM
AFC East
Patriots 12-4 : I think they'll dominate their conference. Probably will lose at most one conference game this season.
Dolphins 9-7 : Made some good improvements to the O-Line. Which always helps.
Jets 6-10 : Rookie QB, blah blah blah.
Bills 4-12 : T.O. might be the only good thing for the Bills this season.

AFC North
Steelers 13-3 : :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger
Bengals 9-7 : Between 7 and 9 wins this season. If a lot of players stay healthy we could even sneak in 10 wins. And yes I like the Koolaid.
Ravens 7-9 : The secondary is way too suspect. No McAlister and Rolle is already injured. The O is looking better and better though.
Browns 5-11 : Mangina won't get them anywhere.

AFC South
Titans 11-5 : Good defense and solid offense.
Texans 10-6 : If Schaub stays healthy I see them making the playoffs as the wildcard team.
Colts 8-8 : I agree with the Original Poster, too much turnover. Plus Sanders is already banged up.
Jaguars 5-11 : Starting two very young tackles is not a recipe for success.

AFC West
Chargers 10-6 : Will win division by default.
Raiders 6-10 : A lot of individual talent, just not good overall.
Broncos 5-11 : Moreno and Royal will be their only bright spots.
Chiefs 3-13 : Just a bad team in every facet of the game.

NFC East
Eagles 12-4 : Picked them to win the SB before the draft. Still think they have a shot if Westbrook can stay healthy.
Giants 10-6 : Lack of WR's will catch up to them.
Redskins 7-9 : Not going to go far with Jason Campbell as your starting QB.
Cowboys 6-10 : Should be fun to watch them fail.

NFC North
Vikings 11-5 : Percy Harvin and Adrian Peterson? Man, it's going to be scary.
Bears 10-6 : Cutler will help them beat GB and Det but not enough to get past the Vikes.
Packers 6-10 : I think they fail in transitioning to a 3-4 D.
Lions 4-12 : Stafford will throw a lot of INT's but still show that the was a good pick for the Lions.

NFC South
Saints 11-5 : Drew Brees looks really really good. Him and Vilma should lead this team to the postseason.
Falcons 9-7 : Will be right there with the Saints all season for the division crown.
Panthers 8-8 : The DT position is way to thin.
Buccaneers 4-12 : Tough season for Raheem. Chucky will enjoy their failure this season.

NFC West
Seahawks 10-6 : Seattle bounces back after a difficult 2008.
Cardinals 9-7 : Inconsistency kills them.
49ers 6-10 : I love what Singletary is doing but they still don't have a QB. Nate Davis could be that guy eventually for them.
Rams 5-11 : Rebuilding year (again)

fordfixer
09-07-2009, 10:44 PM

Not to mention a great addition to a BLT sammich! :2c

And A pretty good clinic

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2009, 02:03 PM
AFC East

NE 12-4
MIA 9-7
NYJ 7-9
BUF 5-11

AFC North

PIT 13-3
CIN 9-7
BAL 9-7
CLE 3-13

AFC South

HOU 11-5
TEN 10-6
IND 10-6
JAX 6-10

AFC West

SD 12-4
OAK 5-11
DEN 4-12
KC 4-12

NFC East

NYG 11-5
PHI 9-7
DAL 8-8
WAS 7-9

NFC North

GB 10-6
MIN 10-6
CHI 8-8
DET 2-14

NFC South

ATL 11-5
NO 10-6
CAR 9-7
TB 3-13

NFC West

SF 9-7
ARZ 8-8
SEA 6-10
STL 3-13

Playoffs:

AFC Wild Card round

Chargers over Colts (just like last year in the playoffs)
Texans over Titans (Houston's first playoff appearance yields its first playoff win. The stupid towel stompers go without a playoff win yet again)

NFC Wild Card round

Packers over Saints (should be a high scoring, exciting game)
Vikings over Niners (Singletary manages to get his team to the playoffs, but they aren't talented enough to advance)

AFC Divisional round

Asterisks over Chargers (Bill Belichick vs. Norv Turner? 'Nuff said)
Steelers over Texans (Cinderella gets pounded into the turf at Heinz Field)

NFC Divisional round

Vikings over Giants (Mmm...smashmouth football. Two excellent running games and d-lines)
Packers over Falcons (another high-flying affair)

AFC Championship game

Steelers over Asterisks (the road to the Super Bowl is even sweeter if you eliminate the Cheaters along the way)

NFC Championship game

Packers over Vikings (Favre returns to Lambeau again, this time with a Super Bowl on the line. He helps the Packers return to the Super Bowl by throwing interceptions)

Super Bowl XLIV

Steelers over Packers (the team of the 70's beats the team of the 60's to lay claim to the title of team of the 00's)

Iron Shiek
09-08-2009, 03:11 PM
I won't do the entire NFL but just our division. And its interesting that Jom (obviously) and Ruthless are on the same wavelength as me. I have a sneaky feeling Ravens crumble this year a bit and Bungles are able to turn it around.

Steelers 13-3
Bungles 9-7 (outside chance at WC)
Ravens 8-8
Stains 4-12

In other divisions...I have another sneaky feeling (I know people say this every year) that the Texans will breakthrough...at the expense of the Titstains. Colts will win with Texans in 2nd, maybe even making playoffs.

flippy
09-09-2009, 09:57 AM
SuperBowl 44 will be Ben versus Favre with the Steelers coming out on top.

And Ben will get all the Farve hype and praise heaped his way from SuperBowl 44 onward.

stlrz d
09-09-2009, 11:14 AM
I'm not gonna post projected records because the only accurate way to do it is to sit down with every team's schedule and when you mark a win for a team you have to mark a loss for the other team, and vice versa.

So with that being said, here's how I see the divisions shaking out...and the Super Bowl

AFC East
New England
Miami
New York
Buffalo

AFC North
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Cleveland

AFC South
Indianapolis
Houston
Tennessee
Jacksonville

AFC West
San Diego
Oakland
KC
Denver

NFC East
Philadelphia
New York
Dallas
Washington

NFC North
Minnesota
Green Bay
Chicago
Detroit

NFC South
New Orleans
Atlanta
Tampa Bay
Carolina

NFC West
Arizona
Seattle
San Francisco
St. Louis

SB XLIV: Defense wins championships as it's the Steelers over the Saints. :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
09-09-2009, 11:21 AM
NFC South
New Orleans
Atlanta
Tampa Bay
Carolina

I know the NFC South is a weird worst-to-first type of division, but this is the first time that I have seen someone with Carolina below Tampa. The Panthers were 12-4 last year!

Djfan
09-09-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm not gonna post projected records because the only accurate way to do it is to sit down with every team's schedule and when you mark a win for a team you have to mark a loss for the other team, and vice versa.

I was laughing at this. I wish I had time to go back and count all the wins and loses. I bet many are way off of the total games played.

stlrz d
09-10-2009, 12:22 AM
NFC South
New Orleans
Atlanta
Tampa Bay
Carolina

I know the NFC South is a weird worst-to-first type of division, but this is the first time that I have seen someone with Carolina below Tampa. The Panthers were 12-4 last year!

I like their running game but that's about it. Delhomme completely fell apart in the playoffs last year and in the pre-season it was pretty clear that Peppers, despite the money, just doesn't wanna be there.

I was laughing at this. I wish I had time to go back and count all the wins and loses. I bet many are way off of the total games played.

Some year I'm going to do it that way just to see what happens....

Jom112
11-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Bump... :stirpot

RuthlessBurgher
11-02-2009, 02:50 PM
AFC East

NE 12-4
MIA 9-7
NYJ 7-9
BUF 5-11

AFC North

PIT 13-3
CIN 9-7
BAL 9-7
CLE 3-13

AFC South

HOU 11-5
TEN 10-6
IND 10-6
JAX 6-10

AFC West

SD 12-4
OAK 5-11
DEN 4-12
KC 4-12

NFC East

NYG 11-5
PHI 9-7
DAL 8-8
WAS 7-9

NFC North

GB 10-6
MIN 10-6
CHI 8-8
DET 2-14

NFC South

ATL 11-5
NO 10-6
CAR 9-7
TB 3-13

NFC West

SF 9-7
ARZ 8-8
SEA 6-10
STL 3-13

Playoffs:

AFC Wild Card round

Chargers over Colts (just like last year in the playoffs)
Texans over Titans (Houston's first playoff appearance yields its first playoff win. The stupid towel stompers go without a playoff win yet again)

NFC Wild Card round

Packers over Saints (should be a high scoring, exciting game)
Vikings over Niners (Singletary manages to get his team to the playoffs, but they aren't talented enough to advance)

AFC Divisional round

Asterisks over Chargers (Bill Belichick vs. Norv Turner? 'Nuff said)
Steelers over Texans (Cinderella gets pounded into the turf at Heinz Field)

NFC Divisional round

Vikings over Giants (Mmm...smashmouth football. Two excellent running games and d-lines)
Packers over Falcons (another high-flying affair)

AFC Championship game

Steelers over Asterisks (the road to the Super Bowl is even sweeter if you eliminate the Cheaters along the way)

NFC Championship game

Packers over Vikings (Favre returns to Lambeau again, this time with a Super Bowl on the line. He helps the Packers return to the Super Bowl by throwing interceptions)

Super Bowl XLIV

Steelers over Packers (the team of the 70's beats the team of the 60's to lay claim to the title of team of the 00's)

It is interesting to re-visit some of your pre-season picks.

In the AFC East, I picked New England at the top, Buffalo at the bottom, and the other two hovering around .500 Check!

In the AFC North, I picked the Browns to bottom out and the other 3 teams to contend with records over .500 Check!

In the AFC South, I picked 3 teams to make the playoffs, the Texans, Titans, and Colts. Well, if the season ended today, the Colts and Texans would make the playoffs. I underestimated the impact of Terrible Towel curse on the Titans. Shame on me.

In the AFC West, I picked the Chargers to run away with the division with everyone else sucking. Well, everyone picked that prior to the season, so I don't feel so bad. Other than Kyle Orton's mom, I don't think anyone picked the Broncos to be were they are today after such a ridiculously turbulent off-season. At least the Raiders and Chiefs suck as expected.

In the NFC East, I think everyone figured that the Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys would compete with each other while Washington would bring up the rear. I really gave the Skins the benefit of the doubt with a 7-9 record though...they are nowhere near as good as that.

Similarly, in the NFC North, I think everyone figured that the Vikings, Packers, and Bears would compete with each other while Detroit would bring up the rear. I think I pegged the Lions a bit better than I did the Redskins. Check!

In the NFC South, I picked the Falcons and Saints to compete for the division crown with Carolina falling back from their 12-4 record last year last season and with Tampa sucking. Check!

In the NFC West, I picked the Cardinals and Niners to battle for a playoff spot with a record barely over .500 with the Seahawks being bad and the Rams being worse. Check!

Overall, not too shabby at this point. The biggest blunders were overrating the Titans and underrating the Broncos, but didn't everyone do that coming into this season?

Jom112
11-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Overall, not too shabby at this point. The biggest blunders were overrating the Titans and underrating the Broncos, but didn't everyone do that coming into this season?

I don't know anyone that predicted the Broncos to do well and the Titans to fall apart.

My AFC West and NFC West predictions both appear to be off. Seattle and San Diego both are struggling more than I thought they would. Well SD, I expected to struggle early but I didn't think their defense would be this awful.

I need to start watching more West Coast games...

SteelAbility
11-02-2009, 04:06 PM
I guess we're just going to have the run the table from here on out. :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
11-02-2009, 04:16 PM
I guess we're just going to have the run the table from here on out. :tt2

If the Titans run the table in the next 9 games, then I would be right about them too. :wink: