PDA

View Full Version : *'s trade Richard Seymour to Raiders for 2011 1st rounder

RuthlessBurgher
09-06-2009, 11:00 AM
:wft This makes no sense for either team.

frankthetank1
09-06-2009, 11:05 AM
wow i cant believe this trade!! stupid move although a raiders first rounder is a very high pick. still seymour is one of the best 3-4 de's in the league, but he isnt all that old. i know a lot of pats fans that will be pissed about this!! they are already hating on their fo for signing washed up players like taylor, galloway and springs. getting rid of vrabel was also a strange move to make being that vrabel can play mlb in a 3-4. now they have a pathetic secondary and their front seven is a lot worse :Cheers

BigLebowski
09-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Another brilliant move by the anti-christ---he understands that Seymour wants to be paid, so he got a high 1st rounder for him, rather than a 3rd or 4th round comp pick. Now they can resign Wolfork instead.

I can't see the rationale for this year for the *'s. Unless he expects to just outscore his opponents with Brady back????

Shoe
09-06-2009, 11:27 AM
I disagree, that it doesn't make sense from the * POV.

While Seymour isn't "old", he's no spring chick either. They obviouslly are attempting to be proactive with (getting rid of) the player, as they did with Milloy so long ago. They also get to replenish their youth next year. They also have good depth at the position (I think Jarvis Green is still there.)

For the Raider POV, it kinda makes sense too, I guess... if you think the Raiders are somewhat close to contending. I personally don't, cuz I see Russell as an unmitigated bust. But I guess I can see their logic too. Excluding Russell (and their owner), they aren't that bad.

RuthlessBurgher
09-06-2009, 11:56 AM
And what did New England do will the roster spot that was vacant after trading Seymour?

They signed KENDALL @#$%ing SIMMINGS! Yeah, that Kendall Simmons. This is getting almost surreal.

RuthlessBurgher
09-06-2009, 12:03 PM
New England is a contender right now. How does a 2011 draft pick help them to win now, while their championship window is still open? Not that I am complaining for anything, but they were stacked on the DL. Now they have Vince Wilfork, Ty Warren, and who else? I guess Jarvis Green will take Seymour's place, and they drafted Ron Brace as an insurance policy in case they would not work out an extension for the unhappy Wilfork. They even traded their other back-up DE LeKevin Smith to the Broncos a couple of weeks ago.

Chachi
09-06-2009, 12:12 PM
They also get to replenish their youth next year.

The pick is for 2011, 2 years from now.

BTW, Shoe, you from Maine talk radio?

Flasteel
09-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Man, Richard Seymour must have really pissed off someone in the organization. Getting traded to Oakland seems like it would be punishment for some type of gross misconduct.

Even if the Pats are trying to help avoid a salary problem, getting a #1 pick in 2011 doesn't seem like the best move they could have made (although I agree it'll be a high pick). They are without a doubt, a worse football team until that pick is made and developed. As far as Oakland, trading away a #1 pick and negotiating the kind of salary Seymour will surely demand, all for a guy who will be playing in a different position...well, it seems a little ridiculous.

I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense for either team as well.

grotonsteel
09-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Why would Raiders trade a 1st Rd pick (Top 5 pick) for a player in last year of his contract???

Patriots did a smart thing by choosing 2011 draft pick. Most likely there will be a rookie cap by 2011.

Why is that Golham so hell bent on making Cheatroits a better team?

**** that Golham and Cheatroits.

ramblinjim
09-06-2009, 02:37 PM
and perhaps Green is ready to step up. I hate the *'s and hope that without Pioli they make some terrible moves coming up. But unfortunately Belicheat deserves the benefit of he doubt.

I don't get Kendall Simmons either? He hasn't been able to sign on anywhere, and they want him to protect Tom Brady?

steelnavy
09-06-2009, 03:05 PM
don't get Kendall Simmons either? He hasn't been able to sign on anywhere, and they want him to protect Tom Brady?

Doesn't Bellicheat like to get a Steeler castoff every year to pick his brain and see what info he can steal?

AngryAsian
09-06-2009, 03:47 PM
don't get Kendall Simmons either? He hasn't been able to sign on anywhere, and they want him to protect Tom Brady?

Doesn't Bellicheat like to get a Steeler castoff every year to pick his brain and see what info he can steal?

That's it right there. He knows that he'll be playing us in the playoffs at some point and probably wants some kind of insight into the HEAVILY TOUTED OFFENSIVE MASTERMIND OF ONE...

BRUCE ARIANS. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Starlifter
09-06-2009, 04:28 PM

That's it right there. He knows that he'll be playing us in the playoffs at some point and probably wants some kind of insight into the HEAVILY TOUTED OFFENSIVE MASTERMIND OF ONE...

BRUCE ARIANS. :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah but kendall never really understood the offense to begin with. he was too preoccupied trying to keep from being bullrushed by the safety.....

Djfan
09-07-2009, 12:20 PM
I keep waiting for the headline that says "Former NE lineman kills self rather than play for Raiders".

If he weren't a cheater I would feel sorry for him.

fordfixer
09-07-2009, 11:04 PM
I keep waiting for the headline that says "Former NE lineman kills self rather than play for Raiders".

If he weren't a cheater I would feel sorry for him.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mel Blount's G
09-08-2009, 01:19 AM
Hard for the patties to pass that up for a player who's best days are gone imo. I mean, this is al davis and the faiders people. The same organization that gave them (arguably) the best WR in the nfl for a 4th round pick. This might end up a top 5 pick for the ***'s. Somebody within that faider org needs to poison or put a hit out on that ol' coot aka euthanasia!! Dementia from the top down....

fordfixer
09-08-2009, 02:13 AM
Seymour hasn't reported to Raiders following trade
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1003 ... wing-trade (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10036856/Seymour-hasn%27t-reported-to-Raiders-following-trade)

Updated: September 7, 2009, 7:32 PM EDT

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) - Five-time Pro Bowl defensive lineman Richard Seymour did not report to the Oakland Raiders on Monday, a day after being acquired in a trade with the New England Patriots.

Raiders coach Tom Cable said after practice that Seymour had to resolve some things with the Patriots before the deal for a first-round pick in 2011 could be finalized.

"We have attempted to make a deal," Cable said Monday. "There are some issues still between him and the Patriots that are being worked out. I'm hoping that that will get resolved as quickly as possible. We know that the player wants to be here, but we have really no control over those issues."

Patriots spokesman Stacey James said he was unaware of any difficulties surrounding the trade, which was announced by New England on Sunday and confirmed by Cable.

Cable did not want to address the issue further Monday, but said Seymour told him he wants to be in Oakland. Cable did not say when Seymour would have to arrive in order to be able to play in the season opener next Monday night against San Diego.

"Just as soon as possible. That's really the only way to answer that right now," he said.

Seymour, who turns 30 next month, is in the final year of a contract that pays him about $3.7 million this season. The deal would send him from a team that has gone 77-19 the past six seasons and is a perennial Super Bowl contender to one that is an NFL-worst 24-72 over that span.

Seymour has been a stalwart in New England since being drafted sixth overall in 2001. He played on three Super Bowl winners with the Patriots, recording 39 career sacks and being selected to the Pro Bowl for five straight seasons beginning in 2002.

The Raiders were looking to upgrade a run defense that was the worst in the league during the exhibition season and has been the worst over the past six seasons. Since going to the Super Bowl following the 2002 season, Oakland has had the worst run defense in the NFL, allowing 141.7 yards per game on the ground and 122 touchdowns rushing. The Raiders have allowed a 100-yard rusher in more than half of their games the past three years.

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Seymour had to resolve some things with the Patriots before the deal for a first-round pick in 2011 could be finalized, eh? What "things" could that possibly be?

Like him on his knees, pleading "Please don't make me go! Please? PLEASE!!!!" :lol:

papillon
09-08-2009, 08:49 AM
I'd retire before I would go and play for that organization. They're the gang that couldn't shoot straight.

Pappy

Oviedo
09-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if he pulled a Brett Favre and "retired" until he got to go to the team he wanted to go to.