PDA

View Full Version : hi guys, i'm n00b here...how can i help?

stlrz d
09-05-2009, 06:50 AM
So what player new to this year's squad do you think will make the biggest impact?

Rookies, vet FA's and UDFA's only...no one who was on the squad last year counts.

I'm going with Logan. I believe he is going to give the offense great field position all season long and even take at least 2 returns in for scores himself. I also believe they'll find a way to get him in space on offense (sparingly) so he can make guys (to borrow a phrase) look like mannequins and pylons. :D

jj28west
09-05-2009, 08:47 AM
So what player new to this year's squad do you think will make the biggest impact?

Rookies, vet FA's and UDFA's only...no one who was on the squad last year counts.

I'm going with Logan. I believe he is going to give the offense great field position all season long and even take at least 2 returns in for scores himself. I also believe they'll find a way to get him in space on offense (sparingly) so he can make guys (to borrow a phrase) look like mannequins and pylons. :D

Assuming we do not experience any freak injuries duirng the year that would force Hood or Wallace in the starting lineup, I also vote for Logan for most likely to impact the team by his role as a returner and hopefully as a rich man's Wes Welker :)

phillyesq
09-05-2009, 08:53 AM
I think Logan is a no-brainer.

I think that McDonald could have a big impact, both moving the chains on third and as a veteran presence if Ward/Holmes get dinged up.

RuthlessBurgher
09-05-2009, 08:56 AM

Assuming we do not experience any freak injuries duirng the year that would force Woods or Wallace in the starting lineup, I also vote for Logan for most likely to impact the team by his role as a returner and hopefully as a rich man's Wes Welker :)

Reports are the Woods was among the cuts, so he would have quite a difficult time having an impact, not being on the team and all.

jj28west
09-05-2009, 08:58 AM

Assuming we do not experience any freak injuries duirng the year that would force Woods or Wallace in the starting lineup, I also vote for Logan for most likely to impact the team by his role as a returner and hopefully as a rich man's Wes Welker :)

Reports are the Woods was among the cuts, so he would have quite a difficult time having an impact, not being on the team and all.

ooopppsss. I meant Hood....thanks Ruthless

RuthlessBurgher
09-05-2009, 09:02 AM
Since rookies tend to make more of an impact on special teams than on the regular offense or defense (Exhibit A: last year's rookie of the year Patrick Bailey), I predicted at the start of camp that the rookie with the biggest impact would either be Joe Burnett for his punt return ability or Mike Wallace for his kick return ability. Well, since Stefan Logan took both of those jobs, he would have to become the logical choice.

DukieBoy
09-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Logan, w/ his potential to change a game with one play.

Honorable mentions to Ziggy Hood as we need his DL contributions though maybe not as "splashy", and to Mike Wallace who may also have a few splash plays in him this year.

And to the FO, for a great draft and FA class this year.

SteelerNation1
09-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Since everyone I'd going Logan(who I think will be solid), I'll go against the grain. I'll say Doug legursky. Looks like he will be the swing guy on gameday and he's one injury away from being a starting c or g on this team

AngryAsian
09-05-2009, 04:38 PM
As I intimated in the other thread... Key Fox.

RuthlessBurgher
09-05-2009, 05:31 PM
As I intimated in the other thread... Key Fox.

:nono

BigLebowski
09-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Logan is the popular and obvious choice....but I think Wallace is going to be big for us as a deep threat.

NorthCoast
09-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Looking forward to what D. Johnson can do to support short yardage blocking. I hope BA finally sees the light and starts using a blocking back on a regular basis.