PDA

View Full Version : Did Key Fox play, how'd he do against Panthers?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-04-2009, 11:25 PM
Did he take Timmons place? Look great?

[edited for title, thanks Ruth].

RuthlessBurgher
09-05-2009, 12:15 AM
He started against Carolina and looked solid once again. We won't know how he does against the Titans for another week.

Mister Pittsburgh
09-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Keyaron Fox looked great against the Titans. He had one sack where he just bullrushed up the middle and plowed over veteran lineman Keydrick Vincent, just plowing him over onto his butt and Fox snagged the QB and sacked him.

I have been hyping up Fox since we got him and think he was a great signing. I honestly think he could start on a lot of teams and he could possibly be Farriors replacement in a year or two when Farrior decides he has had enough. Fox was making all the calls when he was in there though which is a good sign that he has a solid understanding of our defense.

BTW...Farrior still has it and is showing no signs of age being any sort of factor in his play.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Cool! That's a "key" factor, that we don't live or die by Timmon's ankle.

Can't wait for Thursday! Do they have their own pathetic version of the Terrible Towel? When we crush them I hope some guys on the sideline take some of their rags, put them on the ground, and then ...

do a mock worship bow :Bow :Bow . Show that we are bigger then them (remembering last years defamation of Myron Cope's original).

DukieBoy
09-05-2009, 10:00 AM
No worries here about Fox stepping in and stepping up. Looks like he gets the system and he's got the talent to execute. Has turned out to be a great signing by the FO.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Does anyone know, when do the coaches release their "probable/unlikely" list for injuries?

RuthlessBurgher
09-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Does anyone know, when do the coaches release their "probable/unlikely" list for injuries?

Typically, coaches do that during their Tuesday press conferences. However, since our game is on Thursday night instead of Sunday, Tomlin and Fisher may make those announcements earlier than usual.

NorthCoast
09-05-2009, 04:10 PM
I thought Key looked solid and that was against Panthers 1st teamers for something like half the game. The sack was textbook bullrush, caught Vincent in a bad angle.

I don't think there is much drop-off from Timmons, but not sure how much he was asked to pass cover.

frankthetank1
09-06-2009, 10:50 AM
im watching the panthers game today when they show it on nfln, but what i have seen from fox this preseason im pretty comfortable with having fox behind timmons. i was worried about depth at mlb when foote left but not so much now. it looks uncertain that timmons will be playing on thurs so fox might be starting