PDA

View Full Version : *'s cut Walter, so Tom Brady's backup is...Brian Hoyer!?!?

RuthlessBurgher
09-04-2009, 03:21 PM
After trading their back-up QB Matt Cassel, dumping last year's 3rd round pick QB Kevin O'Connell, and now dumping QB Andrew Walter, the Asterisks are left with the rookie Hoyer. I think they will look at getting A.J. Feeley as a possibility since Vick is only out for 2 weeks and the Eagles should be fine with just McNabb and Kolb until then.

Updated: September 4, 2009, 1:44 PM ET
Source: Pats release backup QB Walter

By Adam Schefter
ESPN

Quarterback Andrew Walter was informed the New England Patriots are releasing him, an NFL source said Friday.

This means that rookie quarterback Brian Hoyer has, for now, won the competition to be Tom Brady's backup.

Hoyer was impressive in the Patriots' regular-season finale against the Giants, and the Patriots are not expected to trade for or sign another veteran QB.

Adam Schefter is an NFL Insider for ESPN.

TallyStiller
09-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Nobody knew who the h*ll Cassell was until last year... and everybody thought they were dead with this guy who hadn't started a game since high school. Still turned out pretty decently - in fact, rather enjoyed watching them be the only 11 - 5 team in league history to sit out the playoffs :Cheers :lol: :moon

Discipline of Steel
09-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Seems like some serious risk taking by the patsterisks. Brady is coming off a severe injury, plus a little extra sumthing at the end of preseason. His only backup is a rookie. They are not expecting to sign anyone else? OK, so Adam Schefter is silly. The guy Ruthless expects them to pick-up will have to learn the system/playbook. Looks like a glaring weakness if Brady happens to miss any games at all.

SidSmythe
09-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Raiders cut Garcia...who wants to bet the Pats pick him up???

LasVegasGuy
09-05-2009, 07:55 PM

I'm sure he wants to start. I can see him going back to San Fran or maybe land with the Broncos or Chiefs. No way does he ends up a Patriot. However, even if he did he is the wrong kind of quarterback for that system and would probably fail miserably.

frankthetank1
09-06-2009, 10:34 AM

I'm sure he wants to start. I can see him going back to San Fran or maybe land with the Broncos or Chiefs. No way does he ends up a Patriot. However, even if he did he is the wrong kind of quarterback for that system and would probably fail miserably.

no doubt garcia wants to start but being the pats back up is a pretty sweet job. there is no telling how many games brady will play this season. the season hasnt even started and he is already banged up. he is also 31 or so