Ghost - 2006
Flippinburghers - 2007
2008 - The Lost Season
NeClams - 2009

*I will explain last season in a different thread -

Best Single Week High Score:

New England @ Indianapolis - Week 10 - 2009 - 145 points

The Players:
Ruthlessburgher, Lonbull, Pfelix73, MeetjoeGreene, BigLebowski, Falconfan, Ghost, Neclams, Doogie36, Flippinburghers, Chadman, Angry Asian, Starlifter, NBC

For those of you new to the game, here is the concept. Year in and year out my buddies and I would plan on getting a Pizza and watching Monday Night Football, of course (outside of Steeler Games) - many of these games were real yawners. I figured anybody with common NFL sense should be able to schedule better games than what I was watching and so - Monday Night Football Executive was created, to test my theory that NFL fans could pick the closest, or most interesting games week in and week out.

I realize that NBC and ESPN have a few other things to consider when choosing their games, but in reality people across the country either want to watch their team or the best game of the week, so no excuses. If that weren't the reality NBC wouldn't need Flex scheduling.

What's at stake you ask - Bragging rights and an entry into the Hall of Champions - it's yours uncontested.

However to play for bragging rights your schedule needs to be PM'ed to me or added to this thread no later than

Thursday Sept 10th by 8:00 pm EST.

If a player joins after the deadline - they will be ineligible to enter the Hall of Champions even if they win. Also even if you email me your schedule all schedules will on display once the season begins - to make sure the game is fair.

How to Play:

Pick 1 game per week, for the 17 week NFL Season. In general the better the two teams are (record wise), and the closer and more exciting the game is (i.e. nailbiter) the more points you'll score. It's that simple....and that difficult. Below is a link to the full 17 week NFL schedule.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/schedule

Below is the Scoring table that will be used -

Every Game

35 points - If the game is decided by less than 3 points
25 points - If the game is decided by 3 points.
15 points - If the game is decided by 7 points or less.

(*If the score is 36-33 you only receive 25 points, not the 25 and the 15)

20 points - A game winning FG is attempted with less than 30 seconds left in the game
An additional 5 points - if the winning FG is 45 yards or beyond and the kicking team makes it.

35 points - If a team wins the game with a TD, with 1 minute (or less) in Regulation.
15 points - For all overtime games
35 points - If a team, previously down by 17 points or more at any point in the game, wins.

5 points - If any one player scores 3 TD's in the game.
10 points - If any one player scores 4 TD's in the game.
15 points - If any one player scores 5 TD's in the game.
15 points - If any defensive player gets 2 Int's, 2 Forced Fumbles, or 1 of each.

From Week 5 and Beyond

10 points - if both teams have a record that is .500 or above.
15 points - if both teams have a record that is .500 or above in the same division
25 points - if both teams have a record that is .600 or above
30 points - if both teams have a record that is .600 or above in the same division.

Playoff Points

3 points - For every team you include in your schedule that goes to the playoffs
9 points - For every week your schedule involved two teams that eventually go to the playoffs.

Week 17 Rule

55 points / 110 points - In Week 17 if you guess the game that involves a team that only needs to win that game (and receive no other help from another team during that week) you receive 55 points. If that game involves two teams that only need to win to get a playoff spot the score is doubled. There can be no other factors involved to receive the points for this game, i.e. a team cannot need another team to lose that week to make it in.

Rookie Watch

25 points - If you choose the first game that Mark Sanchez starts and wins for the New York Jets (he must be the Starter)
25 points - If you choose the first game that Percy Harvin (Vikings) scores a TD.
25 points - If you choose the first game Knowshon Moreno (Broncos) scores a TD on a 15 yard run or more.
25 points – If you choose the first game that Ziggy Hood (Steelers) records a sack.

Special Bonus!!!!

*** If you pick the game that the Detroit Lions break their current losing streak you will be awarded 55 points plus, any MNF Exec. Points scored in that game.

Week 8 – I’m giving an additional 10 points to the Vikings @ Green Bay game provided Brett Favre starts the game. So it’s probably an easy extra 10 points. The reason being I’m guessing it will be a game of National interest.

As you can see there have been some minor changes and alterations made. We’ve had some really great crews in the past few seasons and I'm looking forward to seeing who is this season's MNF Executive. If you have any questions please post them and I will do my best to address them. Soon I will post the ESPN and NBC schedules for MNF Exec.

Odds and ends - rules in case of emergency.

If there is a tie at the end of the regular season between two or more players - the playoff points are extended until it breaks the tie. In other words - playoff points will be counted, again, for the Second Round, Championship Game, and Super Bowl if necessary or until the tie is broken.

ESPN will be awarded the best of their first two games (on Thursday Night) towards a Week 5 and beyond scoring. The reason for this is that they are short 1 game on their schedule towards this scoring system.

I will combine NBC and NFL Network to come up with the best score possible – however NBC will not receive the aid of their Flex Scheduling. The Schedule they have listed is the one they’re going to get!

If you make a mistake on your schedule and it isn't realized until the week of the game - I will take the first team you write in - (i.e. if it's Seattle vs. Arizona, and it was supposed to be St. Louis vs Arizona - you're stuck with the Seattle game whomever they're playing - unless it's a bye week, and then you just got lucky).

Scores will be posted every Tuesday along with commentary.

Monday Night Executive is now a copyrighted game.

Good Luck.

Chadman
09-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Ahh....Chadman will dust off the thinking glasses & have another crack at this...so close two years in a row...this is Chadman's year!

Lonbull
09-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Jar - Has already PM'ed me his Schedule!!!

:shock: :Bow :Clap :Beer

Lonbull
09-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Just as a heads up to new players -

The Rookie Watch and Bonus Points need to be reflected in your overall schedule - they are not independent selections.

The Rookie Watch and Bonus Points are offered as an incentive to use teams / games that most people would keep off of their usual schedules.

And it's also used because should one of these players go on to greatness - everyone always likes to remember a player's first.

I would expect everyone on this board to know what team Ben Roethlisberger played against in his first regular season start. And while none of the players in the rookie watch may be as good as Ben has been.....then again maybe they will be. That's the idea behind the Rookie Watch.

L.B.

RuthlessBurgher
09-01-2009, 09:56 PM

The Rookie Watch and Bonus Points need to be reflected in your overall schedule - they are not independent selections.

The Rookie Watch and Bonus Points are offered as an incentive to use teams / games that most people would keep off of their usual schedules.

And it's also used because should one of these players go on to greatness - everyone always likes to remember a player's first.

I would expect everyone on this board to know what team Ben Roethlisberger played against in his first regular season start. And while none of the players in the rookie watch may be as good as Ben has been.....then again maybe they will be. That's the idea behind the Rookie Watch.

L.B.

Of course I remember Ben's first start! I had to watch the game in a damn bar because they moved the game to Monday night because of the hurricane in Miami (the remnants of that hurricane continued throughout that game) and the network would not pre-empt the regularly scheduled MNF game for this second unexpected Monday nighter.

While we are on the topic, have we ever played a game against the Dolphins in dry conditions? Seriously, probably the three wettest games in our history were against Miami...Ben's first start, the 3-0 game at Heinz when the punt stuck in the mud, and there was also a game back in the 80's where I remember when Mike Mularkey (back when he was a Steeler TE instead of a coach), sliding about 10 yards after a catch as if he were on a slip-and-slide in a game against the Dolphins.

papillon
09-01-2009, 10:10 PM

L.B.

Of course I remember Ben's first start! I had to watch the game in a damn bar because they moved the game to Monday night because of the hurricane in Miami (the remnants of that hurricane continued throughout that game) and the network would not pre-empt the regularly scheduled MNF game for this second unexpected Monday nighter.

While we are on the topic, have we ever played a game against the Dolphins in dry conditions? Seriously, probably the three wettest games in our history were against Miami...Ben's first start, the 3-0 game at Heinz when the punt stuck in the mud, and there was also a game back in the 80's where I remember when Mike Mularkey (back when he was a Steeler TE instead of a coach), sliding about 10 yards after a catch as if he were on a slip-and-slide in a game against the Dolphins.

The AFC championship game in 1972 was played in beautiful weather...D@mn punter... :evil:

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
09-01-2009, 10:28 PM

L.B.

The AFC championship game in 1972 was played in beautiful weather...D@mn punter... :evil:

Pappy

I'll take your word for it, old man. I was still 3 years away from being born at that point. :Binky

fo$lrock
09-02-2009, 01:55 AM
I WAS THE Champ last year, I had to of been...

I was only a few points from the lead with 3 weeks left when it all went down.. And then the last 3 weeks, I had solid hits. I picked the SD-KC game, the Minny game, and picked the Dallas-Philly game as my final game, which turned into a game where both teams needed to win that game to make the playoffs. All the games I picked were close last minute victories (except the dallas philly game)

THE TRIB RUINED MY ONLY CHANCE AT GLORY!
:HeadBanger :HeadBanger

I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!

Lonbull
09-02-2009, 02:30 AM
Chadman and Angry Asian are locked and loaded - look out, it's looking like an intense and angry season this year!

L.B.

papillon
09-02-2009, 01:32 PM
I WAS THE Champ last year, I had to of been...

I was only a few points from the lead with 3 weeks left when it all went down.. And then the last 3 weeks, I had solid hits. I picked the SD-KC game, the Minny game, and picked the Dallas-Philly game as my final game, which turned into a game where both teams needed to win that game to make the playoffs. All the games I picked were close last minute victories (except the dallas philly game)

THE TRIB RUINED MY ONLY CHANCE AT GLORY!
:HeadBanger :HeadBanger

I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!

I call BS, I'm almost positive I was ahead of the highlander when the board crashed. :twisted:

Pappy

flippy
09-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Pics submitted. Week 17 is a tough one and I think this could really be the deciding game.

I'd like to suggest we make a Steelers_Bot that picks a straight Steelers ticket and see how those games stack up. It'd be cool if Steelers_Bot beats the networks and would could make the argument they should just show all the Steelers games.

When I picked, I noticed myself not necessarily picking the most intriguing matchup, but rather the game that will score the most points. Wonder if there's a way to capture in points some of the hype that surrounds these games.

Jigawatts
09-02-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm in. Is there a prize for last place?

papillon
09-02-2009, 03:00 PM

Only a spot in the Goose Egg Lounge. :tt2

Pappy

Jigawatts
09-02-2009, 03:48 PM

Only a spot in the Goose Egg Lounge. :tt2

Pappy

Is that in the Blue Oyster district? :lol:

pfelix73
09-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the invite. I'll have to give it a shot......

:tt1

SteelerNation1
09-02-2009, 09:48 PM
I am in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stlrz d
09-02-2009, 10:03 PM
This might be a dumb question but...a game already scheduled for Monday night cannot be selected, correct?

Lonbull
09-02-2009, 11:00 PM
This might be a dumb question but...a game already scheduled for Monday night cannot be selected, correct?

Stlrz D - You can use any game that week - so if you happen to agree with ESPN on their Monday Night Selection - you can absolutely use it.

L.B.

stlrz d
09-02-2009, 11:29 PM

Stlrz D - You can use any game that week - so if you happen to agree with ESPN on their Monday Night Selection - you can absolutely use it.

L.B.

Thanks!

mshifko
09-03-2009, 12:06 AM
i'm in lonbull...thanks for setting this up again

go steelers

stlrz d
09-03-2009, 12:07 AM
In.

:owned

Ghost
09-03-2009, 10:36 AM
hey....overthere in the corner....is that...that...Lonbull...sipping on a pink cocktail nursing his woes after another night in the G.E. Lounge.. (cue Journey - 'Don't Stop Believin')

RuthlessBurgher
09-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Rather than sending my picks to Lonbull via PM, I'm just going to post them here for all to see and ridicule. Since I have never played this before, I doubt that any of you fools would want to copy from a n00b like me anyway. I hope that I have the basic idea. I just picked games that I would want to see each week pitting two good and somewhat reasonably matched teams. I also made an effort not to pick any teams more than twice for variety's sake. Sixteen teams have two games on the schedule (Steelers, Colts, Texans, Titans, Asterisks, Chargers, Bears, Packers, Vikings, Falcons, Panthers, Saints, Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, and Cardinals) plus two teams have one game each (Ratbirds and Jets). I tried my best to use potential playoff teams in these games (potential bonus points be damned...no one wants to see primetime games featuring teams that will be battling only for prime positions in the 2010 draft), so there is more of an NFC feel since I think that there are 3 teams in the NFC North, South, and East that could potentially win each of those divisions, while I think that the elite teams are more apparant in the AFC, where I expect the cream to rise to the top in each division with only a few extra teams challenging for a couple of wild card spots. Without further adieu, I give you my schedule...

Week 1: New York Jets @ Houston
Week 2: New Orleans @ Philadelphia
Week 3: Carolina @ Dallas
Week 4: San Diego @ Pittsburgh
Week 5: Indianapolis @ Tennessee
Week 6: Chicago @ Atlanta
Week 7: Arizona @ New York Giants
Week 8: Minnesota @ Green Bay
Week 9: San Diego @ New York Giants
Week 10: New England @ Indianapolis
Week 11: Tennessee @ Houston
Week 12: Chicago @ Minnesota
Week 13: Philadelphia @ Atlanta
Week 14: Carolina @ New England
Week 15: Dallas @ New Orleans
Week 16: Baltimore @ Pittsburgh
Week 17: Green Bay @ Arizona

SteelerNation1
09-03-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm sacking up and posting my picks as well.

Week1- NYJ @ HOU
Week2- PIT @ CHI
Week3- MIA @ SD
Week4- BALT @ NE*
Week5- HOU @ ARI
Week6- NYG @ NO
Week7- MIN @ PIT
Week8- MIA @ NYJ
Week9- SD @ NYG
Week 10- ATL @ CAR
Week 11- WASH @ DAL
Week 12- NE* @ NO
Week 13- PHI @ ATL
Week 14- SD @ DAL
Week 15- IND @ JAX
Week 16- BALT @ PIT
Week 17- NO @ CAR

Lonbull
09-03-2009, 03:09 PM
hey....overthere in the corner....is that...that...Lonbull...sipping on a pink cocktail nursing his woes after another night in the G.E. Lounge.. (cue Journey - 'Don't Stop Believin')

:Hater

I'll let my schedule do the talking this year sir.

L.B.

Jigawatts
09-03-2009, 03:54 PM

I thought you knew that Baltimore was afraid to play a prime time game in Pittsburgh.
:loser

Jigawatts
09-03-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm sacking up and posting my picks as well.

Week1- NYJ @ HOU
Week2- PIT @ CHI
Week3- MIA @ SD
Week4- BALT @ NE*
Week5- HOU @ ARI
Week6- NYG @ NO
Week7- MIN @ PIT
Week8- MIA @ NYJ
Week9- SD @ NYG
Week 10- ATL @ CAR
Week 11- WASH @ DAL
Week 12- NE* @ NO
Week 13- PHI @ ATL
Week 14- SD @ DAL
Week 15- IND @ JAX
Week 16- BALT @ PIT
Week 17- NO @ CAR

I thought you knew that Baltimore was afraid to play a prime time game in Pittsburgh.

RuthlessBurgher
09-03-2009, 04:20 PM

They can b!tch and moan all they want about it, but it is falling on deaf ears. They will be crying yet again when it gets moved to prime time on Sunday night as a flex game in real life. :twisted:

:ratsuck

:twisted:

Jigawatts
09-03-2009, 04:31 PM

They can b!tch and moan all they want about it, but it is falling on deaf ears. They will be crying yet again when it gets moved to prime time on Sunday night as a flex game in real life. :twisted:

:ratsuck

:twisted:

:Agree :ratsuck

stlrz d
09-03-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm not posting mine, but I have 3 games in common with RB and 3 games in common with SN1...and no worries Jiga...I don't have week 16 the same as these chuckleheads who don't seem to realize they're going to score very little points in week 16 because 1) we're going to roll the Rats and 2) The Rats will be out of the playoffs by then! :lol:

:tt2

AngryAsian
09-03-2009, 07:51 PM
My picks are in NINJA status..... covert.

Lonbull
09-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Lonbull's Schedule -

Philadelphia @ Carolina
Cleveland @ Denver
Indianapolis @ Arizona
San Diego @ Pittsburgh
NY Jets @ Miami
Chicago @ Atlanta
Minnesota @ Pittsburgh
Atlanta @ New Orleans
San Diego @ NY Giants
New England @ Indianapolis
Philadelphia @ Chicago
New England @ New Orleans
Minnesota @ Arizona
New Orleans @ Atlanta
Green Bay @ Pittsburgh
San Diego @ Tennessee
Green Bay @ Arizona

pfelix73
09-05-2009, 05:53 PM
OK-

Here's mine.

1. Tenn vs. Pitt
2. NO vs Phila.
3. Atl vs NE
4. SD vs. Pitt
5. Hou vs. Ariz
6. Tenn vs NE
7. Atl vs Dallas
8. NYG vs Phila
9. Mia vs. NE
10 NE vs Ind.
11. Phila vs Chi.
12. Pitt vs Balt
13. Tenn. vs Indy
14. NO vs Atl
15. Minn vs Carol.
16. Balt vs Pitt
17. NE vs Hou.

mshifko
09-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Week 1: Philadelphia @ Carolina
Week 2: Pittsburgh @ Chicago
Week 3: Atlanta @ New England
Week 4: Cincinnati @ Cleveland
Week 5: Houston @ Arizona
Week 7: Minnesota @ Pittsburgh
Week 8: Seattle @ Dallas
Week 9: Dallas @ Philadelphia
Week 10: New Orleans @ St. Louis
Week 11: Indy @ Baltimore
Week 12: Arizona @ Tennessee
Week 13: Denver @ Kansas City
Week 14: New Orleans @ Atlanta
Week 15: Green Bay @ Pittsburgh
Week 16: Houston @ Miami
Week 17: Philadelphia @ Dallas

MeetJoeGreene
09-06-2009, 08:36 PM
And the winning picks:

1 min @ Cleveland
2 Balt vs San Diego
3 ATL @ NE
4 CIn vs Cleveland
5 Houston Vs Arizona
6 NYG vs New Orleans
7 Minn vs Pitt
8 ATL vs New Orleans
9 Dallas @ Phil
10 NE@ Ind
11 Tenn @ Houston
12 Pit @ Baltimore
13 Dallas @ NYG
14 NO @ ATL
15 Chicago @ Balt
16 Min @ Chicago
17 NYG @ Minn

Iron Shiek
09-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Lonbull, I PM'd my picks to you. Let me know if there is an issue.

Thanks!

dsmith
09-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Lonbull has gone to great lengths to make sure that you all enjoy this game. He has found me, the perennial doormat of MNFE, in order to submit my picks and assure that the rest of you can not possibly come in last.

Actually, thanks for the invite Lonbull. I was wondering where everyone went after the abrupt shutting down of the Pitt Live Forum. I see a lot of familiar names here.

And with that too-lengthy intro, on to the picks that will only bring me much pain as the season goes on:

1: Jacksonville at Indy
2: Pittsburgh at Chicago
3: Miami at San Diego
4: Baltimore at New England
5: Jacksonville at Seattle
6: Giants at New Orleans
7: Atlanta at Dallas
8: Minnesota at Green Bay
9: San Diego at NY Giants
10: Seattle at Arizona
11: Philadelphia at Chicago
12: Pittsburgh at Baltimore
13: Dallas at NY Giants
14: Miami at Jacksonville
15: Chicago at Baltimore
16: Seattle at Green Bay
17: Philadelphia at Dallas

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Lonbull has gone to great lengths to make sure that you all enjoy this game. He has found me, the perennial doormat of MNFE, in order to submit my picks and assure that the rest of you can not possibly come in last.

Actually, thanks for the invite Lonbull. I was wondering where everyone went after the abrupt shutting down of the Pitt Live Forum. I see a lot of familiar names here.

And with that too-lengthy intro, on to the picks that will only bring me much pain as the season goes on:

Welcome dsmith!

Doogie36
09-08-2009, 02:43 PM
I PM'd my picks as well. Although I'm a rookie i dont plan on finishing last. LOL.

BigLebowski
09-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Week 1 WAS@NYG
Week 2 BAL@SD
Week 3 JAX@HOU
Week 4 GB@MIN
Week 5 WAS@CAR
Week 6 NYG@NO
Week 7 ATL@DAL
Week 8 MIN@GB
Week 9 HOU@IND
Week 10 NE@IND
Week 11 IND@BAL
Week 12 IND@HOU
Week 13 DAL@NYG
Week 14 NO@ATL
Week 15 GB@PIT
Week 16 BAL@PIT
Week 17 NYG@MIN

Falcons Fan
09-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Here is my Monday Night Football picks. I am an Atlanta Falcons fan, but my friend is a huge Steelers fan and told me about this because he knows I like fantasy games and so I thought I would give a shot.

Week 1: PHI @ CAR
Week 2: BAL @ SD
Week 3: WAS @ DET
Week 4: TEN @ JAC
Week 5: IND @ TEN
Week 6: CHI @ ATL
Week 7: NYJ @ OAK
Week 8: NYG @ PHI
Week 9: CAR @ NO
Week 10: NE @ IND
Week 11: IND @ BAL
Week 12: PIT @ BAL
Week 13: MIN @ ARI
Week 14: PHI @ NYG
Week 15: OAK @ DEN
Week 16: BAL @ PIT
Week 17: NYG @ MIN

Jigawatts
09-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Here is my Monday Night Football picks. I am an Atlanta Falcons fan, but my friend is a huge Steelers fan and told me about this because he knows I like fantasy games and so I thought I would give a shot.

I would have never guessed that from your name. Welcome to the board.

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2009, 05:23 PM

An unnamed Steeler friend, eh? Okay...fess up, guys. Who let the dirty bird in here? Just kidding. Welcome. Too bad it isn't 1998 anymore, or else that dirty bird reference might have been topical. Next thing you know, I'll be busting Jom's chops about the Ickey Shuffle.

Iron Shiek
09-08-2009, 08:32 PM

An unnamed Steeler friend, eh? Okay...fess up, guys. Who let the dirty bird in here? Just kidding. Welcome. Too bad it isn't 1998 anymore, or else that dirty bird reference might have been topical. Next thing you know, I'll be busting Jom's chops about the Ickey Shuffle.

Or c0ckface's chops about the cabbage patch...or whatever webster slaughter did when he had the rare opportunity to score.

dsmith
09-09-2009, 11:46 AM

I'll come clean. It was me. I figured the best way to keep my self out of the cellar this year was to get a Falcon's fan on board.

Actually, it is frustrating. The Steelers have only played the Falcons twice since I have known him and are 0-1-1. The last game was probably the best single game that Vick ever had as a Falcon.

Hopefully beating him in this game will take a little edge off the lingering pain.

Ghost
09-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Minnesota @ Cleveland
NY Giants @ Dallas
Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati
Baltimore @New England
Indianapolis @Tennessee
Chicago @ Atlanta
New Orleans @ Miami
NY Giants @ Philadelphia
Arizona @ Chicago
Miami @ Carolina
Pittsburgh @ Baltimore
San Francisco @ Seattle
New Orleans @ Atlanta
Green Bay @ Pittsburgh
San Diego @ Tennessee
Philadelphia @ Dallas

papillon
09-09-2009, 03:05 PM

I'll come clean. It was me. I figured the best way to keep my self out of the cellar this year was to get a Falcon's fan on board.

Actually, it is frustrating. The Steelers have only played the Falcons twice since I have known him and are 0-1-1. The last game was probably the best single game that Vick ever had as a Falcon.

Hopefully beating him in this game will take a little edge off the lingering pain.

Super Bowl wins don't help take the edge off of losing to the Falcons? Hmmmm...you should seek therapy.. :P

Pappy

Jooser
09-09-2009, 07:19 PM
I'll roll the dice and here we go....

Washington @ NY Giants
New Orleans @ Philly (McCoy first TD)
Denver @ Oakland
Baltimore @ New England*
Houston @ Arizona
Baltimore @ Minnesota
Atlanta @ Dallas
Minnesota @ Green Bay (Favre Starts)
San Diego @ NY Giants
Tampa Bay @ Miami
Indianapolis @ Baltimore
Washington @ Philly
Tennessee @ Indianapolis
San Diego @ Dallas
Green Bay @ Pittsburgh
Baltimore @ Pittsburgh
Philly @ Dallas

Lonbull
09-09-2009, 08:19 PM

Jooser -

Just an FYI there are no extra points for McCoy's first TD - however I like that you've made the call anyway!

L.B.

Chavezz
09-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Here you go.....

St. Louis/Seattle
Carolina/ATL
Indy/Ariz
San Diego/Pittsburgh
NE/Denver
Baltimore/Minny
Minny/Pittsburgh
ATL/New Orleans
Houston/Indy
Dallas/GB
Washington/Dallas
NE/NO

Chavezz
09-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Got it in by 40 min!

PM to Lonbull as well.

stlrz d
09-10-2009, 07:20 PM
My picks in order from 1 - 17 (long ago PMd to Lonbull):

NY Jets at Houston

Baltimore at San Diego

Indianapolis at Arizona

Green Bay at Minnesota

Washington at Carolina

Chicago at Atlanta

Minnesota at Pittsburgh

NY Giants at Philadelphia

Houston at Indianapolis

Dallas at Green Bay

Tennessee at Houston

Pittsburgh at Baltimore

Denver at Kansas City

San Diego at Dallas

Chicago at Baltimore

San Diego at Tennessee

NY Giants at Minnesota (110 point game?) :D

Lonbull
09-10-2009, 07:43 PM
I'll post all of the schedules up this weekend - so that corrections can be made if necessary - and also so everyone will know what everybody else has got.

L.B.

stlrz d
09-10-2009, 07:48 PM
I'll post all of the schedules up this weekend - so that corrections can be made if necessary - and also so everyone will know what everybody else has got.

L.B.

I just wanted people to know I had already sent it to you is all...I wasn't calling you out. :)

Lonbull
09-11-2009, 01:47 AM
Ruthlessburgher

Steelernation1

Week1- NYJ @ HOU
Week2- PIT @ CHI
Week3- MIA @ SD
Week4- BALT @ NE*
Week5- HOU @ ARI
Week6- NYG @ NO
Week7- MIN @ PIT
Week8- MIA @ NYJ
Week9- SD @ NYG
Week 10- ATL @ CAR
Week 11- WASH @ DAL
Week 12- NE* @ NO
Week 13- PHI @ ATL
Week 14- SD @ DAL
Week 15- IND @ JAX
Week 16- BALT @ PIT
Week 17- NO @ CAR

Lonbull

Week 2: Cleveland @ Denver
Week 3: Indianapolis @ Arizona
Week 5: NY Jets @ Miami
Week 8: Atlanta @ New Orleans
Week 9: San Diego @ NY Giants
Week 11: Philadelphia @ Chicago
Week 12: New England @ New Orleans
Week 13: Minnesota @ Arizona
Week 16: San Diego @ Tennessee

Pfelix73

1. Tenn vs. Pitt
2. NO vs Phila.
3. Atl vs NE
4. SD vs. Pitt
5. Hou vs. Ariz
6. Tenn vs NE
7. Atl vs Dallas
8. NYG vs Phila
9. Mia vs. NE
10 NE vs Ind.
11. Phila vs Chi.
12. Pitt vs Balt
13. Tenn. vs Indy
14. NO vs Atl
15. Minn vs Carol.
16. Balt vs Pitt
17. NE vs Hou.

Mshifko

Week 2: Pittsburgh @ Chicago
Week 3: Atlanta @ New England
Week 4: Cincinnati @ Cleveland
Week 5: Houston @ Arizona
Week 8: Seattle @ Dallas
Week 9: Dallas @ Philadelphia
Week 10: New Orleans @ St. Louis
Week 11: Indy @ Baltimore
Week 12: Arizona @ Tennessee
Week 13: Denver @ Kansas City
Week 16: Houston @ Miami
Week 17: Philadelphia @ Dallas

MeetjoeGreene

1 min @ Cleveland
2 Balt vs San Diego
3 ATL @ NE
4 CIn vs Cleveland
5 Houston Vs Arizona
6 NYG vs New Orleans
7 Minn vs Pitt
8 ATL vs New Orleans
9 Dallas @ Phil
10 NE@ Ind
11 Tenn @ Houston
12 Pit @ Baltimore
13 Dallas @ NYG
14 NO @ ATL
15 Chicago @ Balt
16 Min @ Chicago
17 NYG @ Minn

Dsmith

BigLebowski

Week 1 WAS@NYG
Week 2 BAL@SD
Week 3 JAX@HOU
Week 4 GB@MIN
Week 5 WAS@CAR
Week 6 NYG@NO
Week 7 ATL@DAL
Week 8 MIN@GB
Week 9 HOU@IND
Week 10 NE@IND
Week 11 IND@BAL
Week 12 IND@HOU
Week 13 DAL@NYG
Week 14 NO@ATL
Week 15 GB@PIT
Week 16 BAL@PIT
Week 17 NYG@MIN

Falconfan

Ghost

Minnesota @ Cleveland
NY Giants @ Dallas
Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati
Baltimore @New England
Indianapolis @Tennessee
Chicago @ Atlanta
New Orleans @ Miami
NY Giants @ Philadelphia
Arizona @ Chicago
Miami @ Carolina
Pittsburgh @ Baltimore
San Francisco @ Seattle
New Orleans @ Atlanta
Green Bay @ Pittsburgh
San Diego @ Tennessee
Philadelphia @ Dallas

Jooser

Washington @ NY Giants
Denver @ Oakland
Baltimore @ New England*
Houston @ Arizona
Baltimore @ Minnesota
Atlanta @ Dallas
Minnesota @ Green Bay (Favre Starts)
San Diego @ NY Giants
Tampa Bay @ Miami
Indianapolis @ Baltimore
Washington @ Philly
Tennessee @ Indianapolis
San Diego @ Dallas
Green Bay @ Pittsburgh
Baltimore @ Pittsburgh
Philly @ Dallas

Stlrz D

NY Jets at Houston
Baltimore at San Diego
Indianapolis at Arizona
Green Bay at Minnesota
Washington at Carolina
Chicago at Atlanta
Minnesota at Pittsburgh
NY Giants at Philadelphia
Houston at Indianapolis
Dallas at Green Bay
Tennessee at Houston
Pittsburgh at Baltimore
Denver at Kansas City
San Diego at Dallas
Chicago at Baltimore
San Diego at Tennessee
NY Giants at Minnesota

Chavezz

St. Louis/Seattle
Carolina/ATL
Indy/Ariz
San Diego/Pittsburgh
NE/Denver
Baltimore/Minny
Minny/Pittsburgh
ATL/New Orleans
Houston/Indy
Dallas/GB
Washington/Dallas
NE/NO
Tenn/Indy
NO/ATL
Minny/Carolina
Balti/Pitts
Philly/Dallas

WVSteeler

1 Jets/Houston
2 Giants/Dallas
3 Washington/Detroit
4 San Diego/Pittsburgh
5 Indy/Titans
6 Titans/New England
7 Arizona/Giants
8 Miami/Jets
9 Carolina/New Orleans
10 Philly/San Diego
11 Colts/Baltimore
12 Pittsburgh/Baltimore
13 Titans/Colts
14 Philly/Giants
15 Atlanta/Jets
16 San Diego/Titans
17 New Orleans/Carolina

Starlifter

week 1. chicago at green bay
week 2. steelers at chicago
week 3. denver at oakland
week 4. green bay at minn
week 5. indy at tenn
week 6. buff at jets
week 7. arizona at giants
week 8. stl at detroit
week 9. dallas at philly
week 10. tenn at houston
week 12. steelers at baltimore
week 13. dallas at NYG
week 14. philly at NYG
week 15. miami at tenn
week 16. baltimore at steelers
week 17. philly at dallas

Neclams

1 Jax @ Ind
2 Oak @ KC
3 Was @ Det
4 GB @ Min
5 NYJ @ Mia
6 Ten @ NE
7 Min @ Pit
8 Min @ GB
9 SD @ NYG
10 NE @ Ind
11 SD @ Den
12 Pit @ Bal
13 Dal @ NYG
14 NO at Atl
15 Dal @ NO
16 Bal @ Pit
17 Phi @ Dal

Doogie36

Week 1- TENN-PITT
Week 2- BAL-SD
Week 3- INDY-ARZ
Week 4- BAL-NE
Week 5- INDY-TENN
Week 6- GIANTS-NO
Week 7- ATL-DAL
Week 8- MIN-GB
Week 9- DAL-PHILLY
Week 10-NEW-INDY
Week 11-INDY-BAL
Week 12-PITT-BAL
Week 13-TENN-INDY
Week 14-PHILLY-GIANTS
Week 15-GB-PITT
Week 16-BAL-PITT
Week 17-GIANTS-MIN

Iron Shiek

Week 1 - NYJ at HOU
Week 2 - BAL at SD
Week 3 - CHI at SEA
Week 4 - SD at PIT
Week 5 - NYJ at MIA
Week 6 - NYG at NO
Week 7 - ATL at DAL
Week 8 - NYG at PHI
Week 9 - HOU at IND
Week 10 - DAL at GB
Week 11 - IND at BAL
Week 12 - CHI at MIN
Week 13 - TEN at IND
Week 14 - PHI at NYG
Week 15 - GB at PIT
Week 16 - HOU at MIA
Week 17 - TEN at SEA

Jigawatts

Week 1: Jacksonville at Indianapolis
Week 2: Baltimore at San Diego
Week 3: Washington at Detroit
Week 4: Baltimore at New England
Week 5: Indianapolis at Tennessee
Week 6: Chicago at Atlanta
Week 7: Minnesota at Pittsburgh
Week 8: Minnesota at Green Bay
Week 9: San Diego at NY Giants
Week 10: Dallas at Green Bay
Week 11: Atlanta at NY Giants
Week 12: Pittsburgh at
Week 13: New Orleans at Washington
Week 14: San Diego at Dallas
Week 15: Green Bay at Pittsburgh
Week 16: San Diego at Tennessee
Week 17: Kansas City at Denver

Flippinburghers

1. Philly vs Carolina
2. Giants vs Dallas
3. Indy vs AZ
4. Green Bay vs Minny
5. Tampa vs Philly
6. Balt vs Minny
7. Minny vs PIT
8. Minny vs GB
9. Dallas vs Philly
10. NE vs Indy
11. Indy vs Balt
12. Pit vs Baltimore
13. Ten vs Indy
14. Philly vs Giants
15. GB vs PIT
16. Tampa vs NO
17. Carolina vs NO

Papillion

Week 1: Chicago @ Green Bay
Week 2: Baltimore @ San Diego
Week 3: Denver @ Oakland
Week 4: Seattle @ Indianapolis
Week 5: Cleveland @ Buffalo
Week 6: Arizona @ Seattle
Week 7: Atlanta @ Dallas
Week 8: Giants @ Philly
Week 9: Arizona @ Chicago
Week 10: Atlanta @ Carolina
Week 12: New England @ New Orleans
Week 13: Baltimore @ GReen Bay
Week 14: Buffalo @ Kansas City
Week 15: Minnesota @ Carolina
Week 16: San Diego @ Tennessee
Week 17: Cincinnati @ New York Jets

Chadman

WEEK 1- NEW YORK JETS @ HOUSTON
WEEK 2- NEW ORLEANS @ PHILADELPHIA
WEEK 3- PITTSBURGH @ CINCINNATI
WEEK 4- BUFFALO @ MIAMI
WEEK 5- INDIANAPOLIS @ TENNESSEE
WEEK 6- ARIZONA @ SEATTLE
WEEK 7- MINNESOTA @ PITTSBURGH
WEEK 8- ST LOUIS @ DETROIT
WEEK 9-DALLAS @ PHILADELPHIA
WEEK 10-NEW ENGLAND @ INDIANAPOLIS
WEEK 11-SEATTLE @ MINNESOTA
WEEK 12-NEW ENGLAND @ NEW ORLEANS
WEEK 13-DALLAS @ NEW YORK GIANTS
WEEK 14-NEW YORK JETS @ TAMPA BAY
WEEK 15-GREEN BAY @ PITTSBURGH
WEEK 16-BALTIMORE @ PITTSBURGH
WEEK 17-PHILADELPHIA @ DALLAS

Angry Asian

WEEK#1- JAC @ IND
WEEK#2- NO @ PHI
WEEK#3- MIA @ SD
WEEK#4- BAL @ NE
WEEK#5- IND @ TEN
WEEK#6- ARI @ SEA
WEEK#7- ARI @ NYG
WEEK#8- MIN @ GB
WEEK#9- SD @ NYG
WEEK#10- NE @ IND
WEEK#11- IND @ BAL
WEEK#12- CLE @ CIN
WEEK#13- PHI @ ATL
WEEK#14- MIA @ JAC
WEEK#15- OAK @ DEN
WEEK#16- MIN @ CHI
WEEK#17- PHI @ DAL

JAR

Week One - Philadelphia at Carolina
Week Two -NY Giants at Dallas
Week Three-Washington at Detroit
Week Four-San Diego at Pittsburgh
Week Five-Indianapolis at Tennessee
Week Six+Buffalo at NY Jets
Week Seven-Atlanta at Dallas
Week Eight-Minnesota at Green Bay
Week Nine-Houston at Indianapolis
Week Ten-New Orleans at St. Louis
Week Eleven-San Diego at Denver
Week Twelve-Pittsburgh at Baltimore
Week Thirteen-New England at Miami
Week Fourteen-Philadelphia at NY Giants
Week Fifteen-Chicago at Baltimore
Week Sixteen-Kansas City at Cincinnati
Week Seventeen-Green Bay at Arizona

Lonbull
09-11-2009, 02:11 AM
MNF Exec 2009 - Kickoff -

I just thought I'd drop a quick couple of reminders to all of our players - many of whom are crafy veterans and of course the few new rookies we have joining the game.

First I have posted the schedules of all of the players - one reminder, while I do my best to score the games accurately and make sure you receive the proper points there's always a chance a mistake will be made. I do my best to run a fair and honest game but similiar to the game of golf please keep an eye on your own score and make sure you've received the proper points.

Ghost does a great job of helping me with all of the scores - and it really makes the game much better - as always thank you Ghost.

I post all of the scores usually on Tuesday morning - so you can check in on Tuesday to see how well you did.

What's the Goose Egg Lounge you ask? It's my nice way of telling you, that you didn't score any points that week - zero, nada - it's happened to the best of them. Who am I kidding - it's usually where you can find me any given week.

If you have any questions - please PM me or post them in this thread. Hope we have a great - nailbiting season!

Looking at Week 1 it appears a number of our players think Sanchez might snatch that Rookie Bonus in Game 1 and give some Exec's a 25 point bump? We'll see how it all plays out! Meanwhile as I write this we know for sure that Pfelix73 and Doogie36 have points in their pockets and can watch the rest of us sweat it out! Great game to kickoff the season!

New York Jets @ Houston – Ruthlessburgher, Steelernation1, Stlrz D, WVSteeler, Iron Shiek, Chadman

Philadelphia @ Carolina – Lonbull, Mshifko, Falconfan, Flippinburghers, JAR

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh – Pfelix73, Doogie36

Minnesota @ Cleveland – MeetjoeGreene, Ghost

Jacksonville @ Indy – Dsmith, Neclams, Jigawatts, Angry Asian

Washington @ Giants – BigLebowski, Jooser

St. Louis @ Seattle – Chavezz

Chicago @ Green Bay – Starlifter, Papillion

flippy
09-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Good luck to everyone!!!

And thanks again to LB for running the best game in all of sports!!!!

It might be fun to see some folks do a weekly photoshop of the Goose Egg Lounge....

Doogie36
09-11-2009, 09:03 AM
ME AND PF sure do have some POINTS in our pockets.....What a FINISH!!!!

Great way to start this season and this contest.

Good luck everyone!!!

Lonbull
09-15-2009, 02:18 AM
Monday Night Football Exec. Standings

ESPN- 120
NBC - 55
Ghost - 45
Meetjoegreene - 45
Doogie36 - 40
Pfelix73 - 40
Steelerbot - 40
DSmith - 35
Neclams - 35
Jigawatts - 35
Angry Asian - 35
Ruthlessburgher - 25
Steelernation1 - 25
Strlz D - 25
WVSteeler - 25
Iron Shiek - 25
Chadman - 25
Starlifter - 15
Papillion - 15
BigLebowski - 15
Jooser - 15
Lonbull - 15
Mshifko - 15
Falconfan - 15
Flippinburghers - 15
JAR - 15
Chavezz - 5

Monday Night belonged to ESPN.....in more ways than one.

For the past few seasons the Suits at the Networks (ESPN / NBC) haven't scored particularly well in this challenge. I've had to hear some excuses like "ESPN and NBC need to showcase a variety of Teams" --- "They don't understand or play by our rules" .... etc - and then I've watched NBC flex schedule to the best upcoming games on MNF Executive they could find.

Don't tell me they don't know the rules --- because clearly one of them (ESPN) is out for blood this year!

At first I thought the weekend belonged to MeetjoeGreene and Ghost who both capitalized with the Percy Harvin Rookie Bonus. With an easy 25 points in their pocket, they would also enjoy solid defensive play (by the Vikings) and a three touchdown day by Adrian Peterson.

And while it wasn't for as many points Ruthlessburgher, Steelernation1, Stlrz D, WVSteeler, Iron Shiek, and Chadman also wrapped up the Sanchez Rookie Bonus when the Jets came out and (to my surprise) beat the Texans!

First weekend in - and two bonuses gone! This could be the makings for a wild season.

For those of you who are newer to the game (and probably only have 15 points) and are looking at the huge gap to 120 where ESPN stands. Most Veteran players will tell you an early lead will just bring a larger free fall - DSmith and Angry Asian would probably attest to that - so while we all have a large hill to climb - it can be done. And in this game it probably will be done.

Also keep in mind that ESPN and NBC enjoyed 2 games apiece this weekend - however I'm still very impressed that ESPN put up 70 points in the Bills / Patriots game and then followed it with a 50 point Chargers / Raiders showing!

Looking ahead you'll see that ESPN is once again all alone on Monday Night - and yours truly is hoping to knock off one more Rookie Bonus all by himself!!

Good luck this weekend - Your leader is in RED

Week 2

Colts @ Miami - ESPN

New Orleans @ Philadelphia – Ruthlessburgher, Pfelix73, Jooser, Chadman, Angry Asian

Pittsburgh @ Chicago - Steelernation1, Mshifko, Dsmith, Starlifter

Cleveland @ Denver – Lonbull

Baltimore @ San Diego – MeetjoeGreene, BigLebowski, Falconfan, Stlrz D, Doogie36, Iron Shiek, Jigawatts, Papillion

NY Giants @ Dallas – Ghost, WVSteeler, Flippinburghers, JAR, NBC
Carolina @ Atlanta – Chavezz
Oakland @ Kansas City – Neclams

flippy
09-15-2009, 09:12 AM
No Goose this weekend....that has to be a first...

AngryAsian
09-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Who is ESPN and NBC...

Asian's have a hard time with the ambiguity-ladened font writing of Engrish. Maybe one day you all will evolve into character writing. Are they actual site member's pseudo's or the actual network entities.

Lonbull
09-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Who is ESPN and NBC...

Asian's have a hard time with the ambiguity-ladened font writing of Engrish. Maybe one day you all will evolve into character writing. Are they actual site member's pseudo's or the actual network entities.

Asian -

They are the actual network entities.

Since this game is all about picking the best prime time game - I include their games as well. NBC usually does horribly, and I don't allow their flex scheduling, I use whatever schedule they post before the season starts.

ESPN over the past few years has been very competitive and so far they look flat out scary!

Steelerbot - is just the Steeler games and cannot actually "win" this contest. However if we're defeated by the "suits" at NBC and ESPN - then they will rightfully be declared the MNF Exec Champion.

L.B.

dsmith
09-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Most Veteran players will tell you an early lead will just bring a larger free fall - DSmith and Angry Asian would probably attest to that -

Ouch. Do you want to kick my dog while your at it LB? Time to call my therapist again.

btw - Is Angry Asian now just Asian? Why is he not angry anymore? Will this game and reminder of his loosing ways cause his anger to come back? I always liked the qualifier so that I knew his outlook in life.

RuthlessBurgher
09-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Most Veteran players will tell you an early lead will just bring a larger free fall - DSmith and Angry Asian would probably attest to that -

Ouch. Do you want to kick my dog while your at it LB? Time to call my therapist again.

btw - Is Angry Asian now just Asian? Why is he not angry anymore? Will this game and reminder of his loosing ways cause his anger to come back? I always liked the qualifier so that I knew his outlook in life.

You missed the "AsianSteel" variation in the middle.

He did recently change his fantasy team name from Hines' Clone to the AngryAsians, so there is still some pent-up anger lingering in there somewhere.

Lonbull
09-15-2009, 02:51 PM

DSmith - Your rise to the top is most memorable because it was the first. And I didn't intend to kick you while you were down - keep in mind I've never been in first place......ever.

Yeah! I came to this board for some Angry Asian Action - what's the story there?
Maybe when you "lose a step" as a poster you go from being Angry Asian - to just Asian. :stirpot

L.B.

AngryAsian
09-15-2009, 05:12 PM

DSmith - Your rise to the top is most memorable because it was the first. And I didn't intend to kick you while you were down - keep in mind I've never been in first place......ever.

Yeah! I came to this board for some Angry Asian Action - what's the story there?
Maybe when you "lose a step" as a poster you go from being Angry Asian - to just Asian. :stirpot

L.B.

When I first came to the Trib board, I used the AngryAsian moniker because it was easier for me to remember the log in name for my online football pool associated with work. Then the first friend I made on the board (Chadman) noted me to be quite friendly and a far cry from the Angry qualifier. And then after a whole 2 years of having that name, there was that horrific shooting at VaTech by a deluded Asian gunman which brought on a litany of comments from others, associating me with the gunman... I guess if I were AngryMiddleEastern I would be blamed for 9/11. At any rate, I changed it so that the less enlightened individuals who drop by these boards would be more apt to listen to the content of my posts as opposed to my nationality.

As for being Angry... in truth, I rarely am... except when my beloved Steelers are losing a game... and then I'm InconsolableAsian. Maybe I should take a poll and see what my Planet Brethren have to say in the matter. I remember there was a survey on the old Trib board on what my name should be when I was considering changing it and one poster came up with some hoots.... the only ones that I recall were:

Irate Indonesian

Kranky Korean

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So what do you think? Should I bring it back? BTW, I'm a rookie at the MNF Exec Game.... but I intend to win.

RuthlessBurgher
09-15-2009, 06:20 PM

L.B.

When I first came to the Trib board, I used the AngryAsian moniker because it was easier for me to remember the log in name for my online football pool associated with work. Then the first friend I made on the board (Chadman) noted me to be quite friendly and a far cry from the Angry qualifier. And then after a whole 2 years of having that name, there was that horrific shooting at VaTech by a deluded Asian gunman which brought on a litany of comments from others, associating me with the gunman... I guess if I were AngryMiddleEastern I would be blamed for 9/11. At any rate, I changed it so that the less enlightened individuals who drop by these boards would be more apt to listen to the content of my posts as opposed to my nationality.

As for being Angry... in truth, I rarely am... except when my beloved Steelers are losing a game... and then I'm InconsolableAsian. Maybe I should take a poll and see what my Planet Brethren have to say in the matter. I remember there was a survey on the old Trib board on what my name should be when I was considering changing it and one poster came up with some hoots.... the only ones that I recall were:

Irate Indonesian

Kranky Korean

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So what do you think? Should I bring it back? BTW, I'm a rookie at the MNF Exec Game.... but I intend to win.

FuriousFilipinoFloyd

Instead of Triple H, we'd have Triple F.

And you both are famous for bald guy avatars. :lol:

Jigawatts
09-16-2009, 12:30 PM
How about DiscoAsian?

Nothing screams tomfoolery like a disco loving Asian man.

RuthlessBurgher
09-16-2009, 12:33 PM
MeHateYouLongTime

Lonbull
09-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Angry Asian -

Now I understand why you dropped the Angry part and it certainly makes sense. You'll always be A.A. to me.

That being said - dude I'm pretty sure you played in our second year of MNF Exec. over on the Trib Board. I specifically remember you charging to the top of the standings in the middle of the season before Flippy finally won it all.

How many Angry Asians are there out there?

L.B.

AngryAsian
09-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Angry Asian -

Now I understand why you dropped the Angry part and it certainly makes sense. You'll always be A.A. to me.

That being said - dude I'm pretty sure you played in our second year of MNF Exec. over on the Trib Board. I specifically remember you charging to the top of the standings in the middle of the season before Flippy finally won it all.

How many Angry Asians are there out there?

L.B.

I did play but fell out near the end the end. I had a great charge, but then quickly fell to the mid-pack range at the tail end of the 2006 season. I didn't play 2007 because that's when, for me, the Trib board became very hostile... and so I inevitably migrated here. But I'm really glad you made it over here L.B. and now the games can resume. PM me with some ideas you'd like for a MNF Exec. Championship sig line. I'll be more than happy to create one for the champ.... since it will be me.

:x = the newly appointed AngryAsian icon. (or it could look like some Asian taking a dump.. either way, I like.)

Iron Shiek
09-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Dooood! That is like a miniature version of your avatar...holy hel!

:D

Chadman
09-18-2009, 01:16 AM
Somewhere over in Florida, ASIAN is getting quite furious about having to continually answers questions about his name.

Anyway, as for a 'new' name- it's really quite simple.

You were "ANGRY ASIAN"

You are now "ASIAN"

Given that you continue to drop letters from your name, it's obvious that you should now be known simply as IAN.

Actually, your first board name was ANGRY AS IAN.

You've simply become IAN as opposed to being merely as angry as him.

You are, in fact, a bodysnatcher, aren't you IAN?

So from one :shock: to one :x - Chadman is on to you!

RuthlessBurgher
09-18-2009, 08:55 AM
Somewhere over in Florida, ASIAN is getting quite furious about having to continually answers questions about his name.

You were "ANGRY ASIAN"

You are now "ASIAN"

Given that you continue to drop letters from your name, it's obvious that you should now be known simply as IAN.

One of my best friends from college was an Asian-Canadian guy named Ian.

Whenever he heard the old song "Secret Agent Man" he thought he heard "Secret Asian Man" instead.

So on all of his hockey jerseys, he has "Secret AsIAN Man" on the nameplate (Asian dude named Ian...get it?)

AngryAsian
09-18-2009, 08:57 AM

You were "ANGRY ASIAN"

You are now "ASIAN"

To the average, Joe... your logic may appear to be sound but knowing you for as many years as board brother, I know the truth. Your brain has been warped because of all the late night feedings of the little one known as Chadbaby. No doubt that is the true culprit of this insane theory. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :x

MeetJoeGreene
09-18-2009, 09:48 AM

You were "ANGRY ASIAN"

You are now "ASIAN"

To the average, Joe... your logic may appear to be sound but knowing you for as many years as board brother, I know the truth. Your brain has been warped because of all the late night feedings of the little one known as Chadbaby. No doubt that is the true culprit of this insane theory. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :x

Its not really my style to trash talk an opponent, but does it seem to anyone else that the MNF Exec score of AngryAsian/AsianSteel/Asian/Ian continues to plumment as he removes letters from his username? Coincidence? Just go for it and change your name to a little "a".

Lonbull
09-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Its not really my style to trash talk an opponent, but does it seem to anyone else that the MNF Exec score of AngryAsian/AsianSteel/Asian/Ian continues to plumment as he removes letters from his username? Coincidence? Just go for it and change your name to a little "a".

Then again maybe when he's going as Asian - he's like Bruce Banner.....you don't want to make him.....angry - thereby turning him into the Incredible Hulk / Angry Asian.

L.B.

pfelix73
09-20-2009, 10:16 PM
This is pretty cool the way it works. We can't edit games from here on out- correct? The games are locked in now....?

Chadman
09-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Stupid game.... :Hater

Lonbull
09-20-2009, 10:41 PM
This is pretty cool the way it works. We can't edit games from here on out- correct? The games are locked in now....?

PFelix73 -

That's correct your schedule is locked. The idea is that this is supposed to be similiar to how ESPN has to come up with a Monday Night Schedule (without Flex).

A large portion of the game is skill - but there's so much luck involved as well - who knew Denver would be 2-0 at this point, or Tennessee would be 0-2?

L.B.

Lonbull
09-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Stupid game.... :Hater

Hey at least you aren't in the Goose Egg lounge...... :HeadBanger (stupid game!!)

L.B.

Lonbull
09-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Week 2

ESPN- 135
NBC - 125
Ghost - 115
WVSteeler - 95
Steelerbot - 85
Flippinburghers - 85
JAR - 85
DSmith - 80
Neclams - 75
Steelernation1 - 70
Meetjoegreene - 60
Starlifter - 60
Mshifko - 60
Doogie36 - 55
Jigawatts - 50
Pfelix73 - 45
Angry Asian - 40
Strlz D - 40
Iron Shiek - 40
Ruthlessburgher - 30
Chadman - 30
Papillion - 30
BigLebowski - 30
Falconfan - 30
Jooser - 20
Lonbull - 15
Chavezz - 10

At the end of last week Former MNF Exec Champion Flippinburghers made a comment that no one had spent the week in the Goose Egg Lounge - well seeing how this is a new message board for MNF Exec. - I needed to make sure there was a Goose Egg Lounge at Planet Steelers.....and sadly I found it - sat down in an old familiar booth - and ordered myself up the usual Goose Platter with a Greg Goose and Tonic to wash it all down....still tastes as bitter as ever.

Moving on if you look at the top of the board you'll find the two former champs Ghost and Flippinburghers leading the points charge - I'd be very interested in hearing what these two former champs have to say about their strong start. Historically strong starts have come crashiing down in the mid-season, leaving early leaders often wondering where it all went wrong. What do you say gentlemen - are you confident or concerned?

Chavezz and I (Lonbull) are certainly hoping that Flippenburghers continues his strong scoring surge as we'll all be looking to gain some ground on NBC's Sunday Night game.

One Exec that's got me scratching my head is Neclams - who has done very well with some unorthodox choices - he could very well be a wild-card in all of this. He's looking for Detroit to pick up an extra 55 points for him this week - watch out!

I'm also very intrigued by WVSteeler and Jar's (also hoping for a Lions Win) early appearance towards the top of the board. I'll be looking for comments from them in this thread as well. WVSteeler, Jar - how does it feel in the rarified air you're enjoying right now at the top?

Looking ahead - a lot rides on that Detroit game, and the Ziggy Hood and Moreno Rookie points are still alive as well - could be a really fun weekend -

You're leader is in RED

Good Luck!

Carolina @ Dallas – Ruthlessburgher, ESPN
Miami @ San Diego - Steelernation1, Dsmith, Angry Asian
Indianapolis @ Arizona – Lonbull, Stlrz D, Chavezz, Doogie36, Flippinburghers, NBC
Atlanta @ New England - Pfelix73, Mshifko, MeetjoeGreene
Jacksonville @ Houston – BigLebowski
Washington @ Detroit – Falconfan, WVSteeler, Neclams, Jigawatts, JAR
Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati – Ghost, Chadman
Denver @ Oakland – Jooser, Starlifter, Papillion
Chicago @ Seattle - Iron Shiek

Jooser
09-22-2009, 03:44 PM
The lack of McNabbage definitely cost the jooser some points! :loser

MeetJoeGreene
09-22-2009, 04:13 PM
If San Diego had just scored at the end of that Baltimore game.... grrrr.

Jigawatts
09-22-2009, 06:11 PM

:Agree :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

Starlifter
09-23-2009, 12:06 AM

lol, just like if GB had kicked a FG to win instead of a TD in week 1.........

moving up the board though and feeling good about my pick for week 3. I think i'll dub that game 'the futility bowl'. i hope oakland wins by a safety, 2-0. :tt2 :tt2

JAR
09-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Go Lions!!!

flippy
09-23-2009, 07:44 PM
I look at the first 5 games as gravy. We're in the middle of the most insignificant weeks of this game. This is the time to have some drinks with the Geese in the lounge, smoke our cigars, and get ready for the real season.

The only thing I know about this game is to expect the unexpected.

While I've never finished a season lower than 2nd place, I'll be happy if I finish this year better than last place at this point.

I'm a little concerned about my week 17 game. I thought Carolina and NO would both be closer to middle of the pack by the end of the year and fighting for their playoff lives. 2 weeks in, I'm feeling like I'm way off on that prediction.

And there seems to be more teams surprising me early this year that I didn't expect. This is gonna be a fun ride. I fully expect this list to flip soon. And then back again. And again.

wvsteeler
09-23-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm pretty happy about my 4th place ranking so far, but it's still pretty early in the game. I actually first played MNFE a couple years ago -- somehow my name ended up as "wvkeeper" on the scoring sheet, but I let it slide since I figured Lonbull had enough stuff going on between his recipes and trying to keep track of the scores. So you're not the only one with name-change issues, Angry Asian. lol.

Ghost
09-24-2009, 08:40 AM
I'd gladly sacrifice Executive points to see the Steelers blow the doors off the Bengals. Maybe Ben has 3TD's to keep me out of the Goose Egg Lounge.

Lonbull
09-24-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm pretty happy about my 4th place ranking so far, but it's still pretty early in the game. I actually first played MNFE a couple years ago -- somehow my name ended up as "wvkeeper" on the scoring sheet, but I let it slide since I figured Lonbull had enough stuff going on between his recipes and trying to keep track of the scores. So you're not the only one with name-change issues, Angry Asian. lol.

D'oh!

:oops:

Sorry about that - WVSteeler - at least it's been corrected now.

Hmmm....maybe just to be fair I should change everyone's name at least once in the course of this season -

Slidingburghers
Spirit (Ghost)
NeShrimps
Planetlifter.....

I'll think about it.

Loncalf.

MeetJoeGreene
09-24-2009, 05:04 PM

D'oh!

Hmmm....maybe just to be fair I should change everyone's name at least once in the course of this season -

Slidingburghers
Spirit (Ghost)
NeShrimps
Planetlifter.....

I'll think about it.

Loncalf.

A lot of folks get mine regularly wrong calling me MEANJoeGreene or MeetJoeGreen.

When it is, in fact, MeetJoeGreene.

or MJG for short.

RuthlessBurgher
09-24-2009, 05:32 PM

D'oh!

Slidingburghers
Spirit (Ghost)
NeShrimps
Planetlifter.....

I'll think about it.

Loncalf.

A lot of folks get mine regularly wrong calling me MEANJoeGreene or MeetJoeGreen.

When it is, in fact, MeetJoeGreene.

or MJG for short.

MJG...like that pint-sized RB in Jacksonville who suddenly doesn't seem quite as small now that he is no longer in Fred Taylor's shadow...you know, Maurice Jones-Grew. :lol:

flippy
09-24-2009, 11:52 PM
While we're at it, let's change everyone's name....

Ruthlessburgher - In_and_Out_Burger
Steelernation1 - Banner_Boy
Lonbull - Mr_MNFE
Pfelix73 - Prefix
Mshifko - Mrs_Hifko
MeetjoeGreene - Mean Gene Okerlund
Dsmith - CDeez_Nutz
BigLebowski - The_Dude
Falconfan - Falcon_Crest_Fan
Ghost - Casper
Jooser - Hebrewster
Stlrz D - rfewfaw
Chavezz - CVS
WVSteeler - MaryLouRetton_Fan
Starlifter - Steelers_Pilot
Neclams - Clam_Chowder
Doogie36 - Neal_Patrick_Harris
Iron Shiek - Camel_Clutch
Jigawatts - McFly
Flippinburghers - Flinging_Boogers
Papillion - Weiner_Dog
Chadman - ThunderDownUnder
Angry Asian - FuManchu
JAR - PeanutButter

MeetJoeGreene
09-25-2009, 08:01 AM
Now you just need to come up with avItars for each

Ruthlessburgher - In_and_Out_Burger
Steelernation1 - Banner_Boy
Lonbull - Mr_MNFE
Pfelix73 - Prefix
Mshifko - Mrs_Hifko
MeetjoeGreene - Mean Gene Okerlund
Dsmith - CDeez_Nutz
BigLebowski - The_Dude
Falconfan - Falcon_Crest_Fan
Ghost - Casper
Jooser - Hebrewster
Stlrz D - rfewfaw
Chavezz - CVS
WVSteeler - MaryLouRetton_Fan
Starlifter - Steelers_Pilot
Neclams - Clam_Chowder
Doogie36 - Neal_Patrick_Harris
Iron Shiek - Camel_Clutch
Jigawatts - McFly
Flippinburghers - Flinging_Boogers
Papillion - Weiner_Dog
Chadman - ThunderDownUnder
Angry Asian - FuManchu
JAR - PeanutButter

Iron Shiek
09-25-2009, 08:23 AM
I'm sure Ruthlessburgher (i mean In and "Out" Burger) can easily oblige and pull these 20 or so pictures out of his google database.

SteelerNation1
09-25-2009, 09:03 AM
I'm sure Ruthlessburgher (i mean In and "Out" Burger) can easily oblige and pull these 20 or so pictures out of his google database.
I can't believe he hasnt done it already! He's slipping!

RuthlessBurgher
09-25-2009, 09:28 AM
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/christ-middle-finger.jpg

http://www.monkeypolice.co.uk/sanfrancisco2005/Images/545-IN-N-OUT-BURGER-ED.jpg

:lol:

SteelerNation1
09-25-2009, 09:56 AM
:Clap :Clap :Clap

Jigawatts
09-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Can I be Mayor Goldie Wilson instead? MGW for short.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/bttf/images/thumb/9/9e/Goldie_1955.jpg/250px-Goldie_1955.jpg

Or how about Mr. Fusion?

http://dvice.com/pics/mr_fusion.jpg

stlrz d
09-25-2009, 08:22 PM

Stlrz D - rfewfaw

:?:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7f/Over_My_Head_single.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
09-25-2009, 11:40 PM

Stlrz D - rfewfaw

I didn't get that one either. I assumed that it must have been some sort of inside joke between you and flippy that I was not privy to. Guess not, eh?

flippy
09-27-2009, 01:05 PM

Stlrz D - rfewfaw

Your username is garbled, so I replaced it with another garbled word....

stlrz d
09-27-2009, 01:31 PM

Stlrz D - rfewfaw

Your username is garbled, so I replaced it with another garbled word....

But from my username it's easy to understand that it's "Steelers D"...so what's the garbled word you replaced it with? :D

flippy
09-27-2009, 02:39 PM
That was the first gabled word that came into Willis McGahee's head after he got hit by Ryan Clark last year.

Lonbull
09-29-2009, 12:19 AM
Week 3

Ghost - 175
WVSteeler - 165
JAR - 155
ESPN- 150
Steelerbot - 145
Neclams - 145
NBC - 135
Jigawatts - 120
Falconfan - 100
Flippinburghers - 95
Chadman - 90
DSmith - 80
Steelernation1 - 70
Doogie36 - 65
Meetjoegreene - 60
Starlifter - 60
Mshifko - 60
Iron Shiek - 60
BigLebowski - 55
Strlz D - 50
Pfelix73 - 45
Ruthlessburgher - 45
Angry Asian - 40
Papillion - 30
Lonbull - 25
Jooser - 20
Chavezz - 20

Falconfan, WVSteeler, Neclams, Jigawatts and JAR were indeed the week's big winners with a total of 70 points secured by a calculated gamble that the Detroit Lions would finally win a game - however it wasn't enough to keep Ghost, who racked up a 60 point earning, from becoming the new leader!

**Unfortunately Ghost and Chadman's 60 points were in the Steelers v Cincinnati game. So while Ghost is in the lead - I promise you he's sick about it.

Talk about getting sick or a little quesy --- a total of 9 Execs found themselves with an open bar tab at the Goose Egg Lounge - Don't forget to tip your bartenders gentlemen.

Another glance at the leaderboard has me eyeing WVSteelers and Jar stalking the leader. That's usually a position that Ghost likes to take but instead could he be looking to go wire to wire in this thing --- never giving up the lead has never been done in MNF Exec?

Tell us Ghost - are you at all concerned with the annual MNF Exec free fall - or do you think this game is already over after 3 weeks?

The other exec I'm watching is the mysterious unpredicatable NeClams....what kind of Monday Night Mojo is he working?

Looking ahead you'll see most of us like either the New England v Baltimore, Green Bay / Minnesota match-ups or the San Diego v Pittsburgh game on Sunday Night. If one of these games fizzles it could certainly either tigheten up the leaderboard - or (unfortunately for us bottom dwellers) turn this game into a runaway train at the top that could become uncatchable for us in the bottom half.

One final reminder - next week is when team's win/loss records become part of the scoring process.

You're leader is in RED

Good Luck!

Baltimore @ New England - Ghost, Jooser, Doogie36, Jigawatts, Angry Asian, Steelernation1, Dsmith,

San Diego @ Pittsburgh – Ruthlessburgher, Lonbull, Pfelix73, Chavezz, WVSteeler, Iron Shiek, JAR, NBC

Green Bay @ Minnesota – BigLebowski, Stlrz D, Starlifter, Neclams, Flippinburghers, ESPN

Cincinnati @ Cleveland – Mshifko, MeetjoeGreene

Tennessee @ Jacksonville – Falconfan
Seattle @ Indianapolis – Papillion
Buffalo @ Miami – Chadman

flippy
09-30-2009, 03:27 PM
another couple weeks and we finally get started ;)

MeetJoeGreene
10-06-2009, 12:44 PM
I had a good week.

I demand the results be posted per the agreed-upon SLA (Service Leve Agreement)!!!!!!!

Lonbull
10-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Week 4

Ghost - 190
WVSteeler - 170
ESPN- 170
Neclams - 165
JAR - 160
Steelerbot - 150
NBC - 140
Jigawatts - 135
Falconfan - 120
Meetjoegreene - 120
Mshifko - 120
Flippinburghers - 115
Chadman - 105
DSmith - 95
Steelernation1 - 85
Doogie36 - 80
Starlifter - 80
BigLebowski - 75
Strlz D - 70
Iron Shiek - 65
Angry Asian - 55
Pfelix73 - 50
Ruthlessburgher - 50
Papillion - 45
Jooser - 35
Lonbull - 30
Chavezz - 25

At the end of Week 4 Ghost remains at the top of the leaderboard with WVSteelers only twenty points behind. However the big point scorers this week were Mshifko and MeetJoeGreene who took away 60 points from their surprising Cincinnati v Cleveland overtime match-up.

For a number of us the Steelers v. Chargers game was barely salvaged by Philip Rivers throwing for 3 TD's and keeping us all out of the Goose Egg Lounge. I'm sure while many of us now wish it were a closer game --- when the game was playing I was praying we wouldn't be tacking on 35 points to this game for a team coming from behind that was once down by 17 points! Whew.

This week (in honor of PlanetSteelers) I've come up with a new phrase - the Atlas Position....or the Atlas....(or even the At last). Many of you may remember from your Greek Mythology that Atlas was punished by Zeus and forced to carry the weight of the heavens and the Planet on his shoulders. Hence if you're in last place you are the Atlas - because you are at the bottom of the PlanetSteelers MNF Executive Board.

Sound like maybe I'm picking on Chavezz a little ---- well I'm not because looking ahead he's the only player going into this week with a bonus....a 25 point bonus at that. He's literally going to be doubling his score at kickoff! And should fate be on his side ---- he may even pick up a Rookie Bonus.....which would triple his score!

So odds are this new phrase is just a working title for myself :HeadBanger

That aside - outside of Chavezz - we'll all be working hard to stay out of the Goose Egg Lounge this week ---- it's difficult to believe that the Colts vs. Titans game isn't offering any bonus points at all this week, it must have seemed like a lock for the 11 Execs, including NBC that thought this would be the game of the week --- who knew that it was really Cincinnati v Baltimore?

You're leader is in RED

Good Luck

New England @ Denver - (+25) Chavezz

Indianapolis @ Tennessee – Ghost, WVSteeler, Starlifter, Doogie36, Jigawatts, Chadman, Angry Asian, JAR, NBC, Ruthlessburgher, Falconfan

Houston @ Arizona - Steelernation1, Pfelix73, Mshifko, MeetjoeGreene, Jooser
NY Jets @ Miami – Lonbull, Neclams, Iron Shiek, ESPN

Jacksonville @ Seattle – Dsmith
Washington @ Carolina – BigLebowski, Stlrz D

Tampa Bay @ Philadelphia – Flippinburghers
Cleveland @ Buffalo – Papillion

Starlifter
10-06-2009, 07:40 PM
hey lonbull, can i get a mulligan on my tennessee pick this week? that looked so good 4 weeks ago....... :lol: :lol:

Chadman
10-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Chadman will start to make his move soon...........perhaps........

Iron Shiek
10-06-2009, 07:51 PM
count me in on your big hostile takeover chadman.

Lonbull
10-06-2009, 08:48 PM
hey lonbull, can i get a mulligan on my tennessee pick this week? that looked so good 4 weeks ago....... :lol: :lol:

At least your game might still be a good game to watch!

Miami v Jets...... :HeadBanger :wft :oops:

AngryAsian
10-06-2009, 09:37 PM
This is yet another avenue that the white man used to keep the yellow man down. We'll not stand for it. RISE UP MY YELLOW BROTHERS OF THE BOARD!

(***crickets chirping***)

Okay, maybe later. :x

Chadman
10-06-2009, 10:17 PM
This is yet another avenue that the white man used to keep the yellow man down. We'll not stand for it. RISE UP MY YELLOW BROTHER OF THE BOARD!

Yeah, yeah....shut up & sit down Hines!!

:stirpot

Jooser
10-07-2009, 09:35 AM
This is yet another avenue that the white man used to keep the yellow man down. We'll not stand for it. RISE UP MY YELLOW BROTHER OF THE BOARD!

Yeah, chick magnet.

RuthlessBurgher
10-07-2009, 09:40 AM
This is yet another avenue that the white man used to keep the yellow man down. We'll not stand for it. RISE UP MY YELLOW BROTHERS OF THE BOARD!

http://coldleftovers.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/simpsons-mob.jpg

(Well, Simpsons characters are literally yellow, if not :x yellow). :P

MeetJoeGreene
10-07-2009, 12:36 PM

Too funny,

My Chargers friend at the tailgate said after 5 minutes -- That dude looks like Hines Ward...

RuthlessBurgher
10-07-2009, 12:40 PM

Too funny,

My Chargers friend at the tailgate said after 5 minutes -- That dude looks like Hines Ward...

And then he held his jaw in fear. :lol:

stlrz d
10-07-2009, 12:56 PM

Too funny,

They all look alike...and they can fly! :lol:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee320/dconran/asians.jpg

Iron Shiek
10-07-2009, 07:00 PM
LMAO!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chavezz
10-07-2009, 08:57 PM
There is a method to my madness. 1st few weeks are toss ups.

I'm coming.

Jigawatts
10-07-2009, 08:59 PM

I second that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AngryAsian
10-07-2009, 09:00 PM

I second that.

http://hongki.at/images/typography/3d/boom.jpg

stlrz d
10-07-2009, 09:09 PM

I second that.

You guys laughing at this?

They all look alike...and they can fly! :lol:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee320/dconran/asians.jpg

:lol: :lol:

Jigawatts
10-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Yep, d. That actually did make me LOL. I LOL'd a lot.

BOOM.
I'm going to have rip that off my XL dvd and post it on youtube because I can't find a single clip of it.

stlrz d
10-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Yep, d. That actually did make me LOL. I LOL'd a lot.

BOOM.
I'm going to have rip that off my XL dvd and post it on youtube because I can't find a single clip of it.

It did me too...that's why I had to post it again! :D

Lonbull
10-13-2009, 12:37 AM
Week 5

ESPN- 220
Neclams - 215
Ghost - 195
WVSteeler - 175
JAR - 165
Steelerbot - 155
NBC - 145
Jigawatts - 140
Meetjoegreene - 135
Mshifko - 135
Flippinburghers - 135
Falconfan - 125
Iron Shiek - 115
Chadman - 110
DSmith - 105
Steelernation1 - 100
BigLebowski - 100
Strlz D - 95
Chavezz - 90
Doogie36 - 85
Starlifter - 85
Lonbull - 80
Papillion - 70
Pfelix73 - 65
Angry Asian - 60
Ruthlessburgher - 55
Jooser - 50

The good news for many MNF Exec's is that nobody ended up in the Goose Egg Lounge in Week 5 - and when you consider that only Chavezz (who picked up the week's high score of 65 points all by himself) was the only one who had bonus points at kickoff that's a substantial accomplishment.

Many of you just squeeked by with 5 points - compliments of Peyton Manning putting 3 TD's on the board - but in MNF Exec you take the points where you can get them.

As you can see ESPN returned to the top of the leaderboard - however keep in mind they have an "extra" game on everyone else at this point - so the one to give heavy consideration too may be NeClams who presents himself in second place. Both NeClams and ESPN enjoyed a 50 point wildcat Jets v. Dolphins game featured on Monday Night - that this writer was surprised to see was such an exciting game! (Of course this writer also had that game on his own schedule and I haven't cheered that hard for a Dolphins TD since Dan Marino was in the Super Bowl).

Moving on.....NeClams shouldn't get too comfortable as Ghost will be picking up 25 bonus points at kickoff and will technically take over in second place at that time. This should surprise no one who's follwed MNF Exec. over the years, as Ghost usually likes to stalk the leader and then make a strong push at the end of the season. The question of course is - Is Ghost back to his usual tactics - or in the beginning of a classic leaderboard free fall?

As I review all of the schedules - I'm wondering if people picking Denver and Cincinnati a few more times in their schedules will make a huge difference?!? So far it looks like it could - in the last game of the season Big Pappi (Papillion) has the Bengals v Jets game all to himself -- definitely makes you think!

As we look ahead you'll see most Execs have a bonus going into next weekend - and it has the possibilities of being a very high scoring weekend. To my memory I don't remember any weekend where 3 different games were picking up 25 points!

Your leader is in RED

Good Luck

Chicago Bears @ Atlanta Falcons – (+25) NBC, Ruthlessburgher, Lonbull, Mshifko, Falconfan, Ghost, Stlrz D, Jigawatts

NY Giants @ New Orleans Saints - (+25) Steelernation1, MeetjoeGreene, Dsmith, BigLebowski, Doogie36, Iron Shiek

Baltimore @ Minnesota – (+25) Jooser, Chavezz, Flippinburghers

Denver @ San Diego - (+15) ESPN

Tennessee @ New England - Pfelix73, WVSteeler, Neclams

Buffalo @ Jets – Starlifter, JAR

Arizona @ Seattle – Papillion, Chadman, Angry Asian

neclams
10-13-2009, 02:53 PM
We shall see what happens.

Indeed, GHOST has a 25 point bonus coming his way....but will the FALCONS/BEARS game actually be close?

I don't think I was the only one that thought that NE and TENN would be above .500......but I think that the NO/NYG pick was a lot safer....however, is that game going to be close? HMMMMMMMM....at least you will get a few people with 3 TD's each in that game!

My week in first amongst the contestants.....may not last long...but it is better to have been at the top for at least one week then to have lived the entire season in the cellar...aka....CLEVELAND STYLE..... :brownssuck

Like you said....it all comes down to the last weekend when we all get the bonus points for the playoff teams we had in out schedule...and the win and in games! Should be close all the way to the end......but for now.....YOU ARE ALL LOOKING AT MY ASS!

Much love to the other football fans!

Ron

Lonbull
10-13-2009, 04:38 PM
I don't think I was the only one that thought that NE and TENN would be above .500......

NeClams - you're absolutely right - most weeks have featured the Titans because we all thought they'd at least provide bonus points via their overall record - 0-5, I don't think anybody saw that coming!

My week in first amongst the contestants.....may not last long...but it is better to have been at the top for at least one week then to have lived the entire season in the cellar...aka....CLEVELAND STYLE..... :brownssuck

You're probably wise to enjoy the lead while you've got it - this game can really humble you quickly. And I like hearing what it's like at the top --- seeing how I've never been there myself - :HeadBanger

Love the Cleveland Style --- that's even better than the "Atlas" I was writing about last week.

Good luck NeClams - keep giving Ghost a run for his money - oh and watch out for Flippinburghers he doesn't even wake up until about Week 9.

L.B.

pfelix73
10-14-2009, 09:43 AM
So how do they get the extra 25 points? Still learnin' this interesting game. Guess I'm destined to be the bottom feeder soon.

Maybe you could throw me an extra few points my way...

RuthlessBurgher
10-14-2009, 09:47 AM
So how do they get the extra 25 points? Still learnin' this interesting game. Guess I'm destined to be the bottom feeder soon.

From Week 5 and Beyond

10 points - if both teams have a record that is .500 or above.
15 points - if both teams have a record that is .500 or above in the same division
25 points - if both teams have a record that is .600 or above
30 points - if both teams have a record that is .600 or above in the same division.

pfelix73
10-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Thanks. :tt1

Lonbull
10-14-2009, 01:47 PM

Pfelix73 -

Ruthlessburgher was correct in showing how these bonus points are collected. Looks like your next two games Atlanta v Dallas and especially Philadelpha v Giants should help you enter "bonus" land.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

L.B.

flippy
10-18-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm glad Baltimore lost, but their kicker hooking that kick just cost me, Jooser, and Chavez 60 points....

stlrz d
10-18-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm glad Baltimore lost, but their kicker hooking that kick just cost me, Jooser, and Chavez 60 points....

Awwwww....

:moon

Chavezz
10-18-2009, 04:53 PM
As long as it's a Baltimore loss, I'll gladly lose the points.

Lonbull
10-18-2009, 06:08 PM

Flippy - I don't know if it'll make you feel any better - but the kicker missing that kick only cost you 35 points - not 60.

Huge game though - by my count you racked up 85 points.

L.B.

flippy
10-18-2009, 10:57 PM

Flippy - I don't know if it'll make you feel any better - but the kicker missing that kick only cost you 35 points - not 60.

Huge game though - by my count you racked up 85 points.

L.B.

Balt was down 17 + the FG. That woulda been 35 + 25 = 60.

Either way, Rats lost which is a plus!!!!!

stlrz d
10-18-2009, 11:56 PM
Chicago Bears @ Atlanta Falcons – (+25) NBC, Ruthlessburgher, Lonbull, Mshifko, Falconfan, Ghost, Stlrz D, Jigawatts

If my figuring is right, this bunch gets 55 points...thanks to the 7 point game, both teams with records .600 or higher and with a Falcons defender having two picks!

Lonbull
10-19-2009, 01:57 AM
Balt was down 17 + the FG. That woulda been 35 + 25 = 60.

Either way, Rats lost which is a plus!!!!!

Flippy - It doesn't help when I make mistakes on my own game - if he would have made the kick you would have received an extra 40 points (not 35).

I should probably reword the rules (and in fact I will) -

You received 20 points for the Ravens attempting a game winning kick under 30 seconds in regulation - you only would have received 5 more points had that kick been from beyond the 45 and he would have made it. (You don't receive 20 for the attempt and 25 for making it beyond the 45 - you just receive 5 more points).

*I'll reword it in the rules section.

L.B.

flippy
10-19-2009, 06:57 PM
:Bow

Every day I learn how much I really don't understand this game..... :oops:

neclams
10-20-2009, 12:43 PM
NEClams are rooting for the PACKERS this weekend!

I have the Steelers/Minn game which is .600 vs .600.....bonus!

Next week I have Minn/Green Bay....that'll be .600 vs .600 same division PLUS the (+10) for picking that game!

COME ON GREEN BAY!

neclams
10-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Steelers/Minn .600 vs .600 :mrgreen:

NEClams are rooting for Green Bay this week.....If they win.......

Minn/GB next week is .600 vs .600 same division and an extra 10 bonus if Favre starts the game!

I will be rooting for the Steelers to win, but hopefully they are gentle on FAVRE!

:Beer

NEClams!

Lonbull
10-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Week 6

Ghost - 250
Neclams - 240
ESPN- 235
JAR - 220
Flippinburghers - 220
WVSteeler - 200
NBC - 200
Jigawatts - 195
Mshifko - 190
Falconfan - 180
Chavezz - 175
Steelerbot - 170
Meetjoegreene - 170
Iron Shiek - 150
Strlz D - 150
DSmith - 140
Starlifter - 140
Steelernation1 - 135
BigLebowski - 135
Lonbull - 135
Jooser - 135
Doogie36 - 120
Chadman - 110
Ruthlessburgher - 110
Pfelix73 - 90
Papillion - 70
Angry Asian - 60

For the second consecutive week Chavezz has enjoyed the Week's high score, along with Former MNF Exec Champion Flippenburghers and last week's celler dweller Jooser - all three put up 85 points and have certainly given their season some much needed hope to perhaps tackle the top spot - (of course making it all the sweeter they used a game in which Baltimore lost)!

Speaking of the top spot - Ghost is pulling out all of his Halloween tricks and treating himself to an unusual early lead in this contest. However the tables have turned on the popular poltergiest - because at the kickoff of next weekend's game he'll officially fall to second place behind NeClams - who will be enjoying a 25 point bonus in the Minnesota v. Pittsburgh game.

Ghost will also watch JAR and his old rival Flippenburghers rise to within 5 points at kickoff next Sunday - so the top spot certainly is up for grabs.

If Asian wasn't Angry before this weekend - I assure you it's safe to call him Angry Asian now - as he met up with two other gentlemen in the Goose Egg lounge this past Sunday. However the trend over the past two weeks has been for the last place contestant to score very well - and looking ahead A.A. is picking up 25 bonus points and he may have the game of the week - we'll see!

Looking ahead the bulk of the board will again be watching three 25 point bonus games go into action this week - meanwhile only three players are choosing something completely different - including the current leader Ghost.

The bad news for those three players is that their games come with zero bonus points!

Similiar to last week, there's certainly opportunity to break 100 points in one game this week - and should a group of players be so lucky - it could certainly change the outlook of this season's MNF Executive!

Good Luck this weekend!

Your leader is in RED

Arizona @ New York Giants – (+25) - Ruthlessburgher, WVSteeler, Starlifter, Angry Asian, NBC

Minnesota @ Pittsburgh - (+25) - Steelernation1, Lonbull, Mshifko, MeetjoeGreene, Stlrz D, Chavezz, Neclams, Jigawatts, Flippinburghers, Chadman

Atlanta @ Dallas - (+25) - Pfelix73, Dsmith, BigLebowski, Jooser, Doogie36, Iron Shiek, Papillion, JAR

New Orleans @ Miami – Ghost
Philadelphia @ Washington - ESPN
NY Jets @ Oakland – Falconfan

Ghost
10-20-2009, 04:01 PM
COME ON WILDCAT.... (I'll just go and wait quietly for the Goose Egg lounge to open up.... :( )

Lonbull
10-20-2009, 04:04 PM
COME ON WILDCAT.... (I'll just go and wait quietly for the Goose Egg lounge to open up.... :( )

Dude - don't worry they made a set of keys for me - so I can let you in anytime you want.

:HeadBanger

L.B.

Chadman
10-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Oh Good Grief!

Bad enough that Chadman enters the Golden Goose Egg Lounge, but for Lonbull to simply refer to him & Papillion as 'two other gentlemen'! The outrage! Snubbed so early in the proceedings!!

stlrz d
10-20-2009, 09:54 PM

http://kineticloop.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/no_loitering_small.jpg

AngryAsian
10-20-2009, 09:54 PM
Oh Good Grief!

Bad enough that Chadman enters the Golden Goose Egg Lounge, but for Lonbull to simply refer to him & Papillion as 'two other gentlemen'! The outrage! Snubbed so early in the proceedings!!

You don't have ROCKSTAR LOSER status like I do, Chadman. Just learn to deal. :x

Chadman
10-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Oh Good Grief!

You don't have ROCKSTAR LOSER status like I do, Chadman. Just learn to deal. :x
Very true Ho Chi Minh. You are the biggest loser, after all...

neclams
10-21-2009, 11:23 AM
GHOSTBUSTERS!

I am hoping Miami does nothing offensively and that game is not close. I fear Minnesota, but hopefully it ends in a "Big Ben" last second TD to give FAVRE a taste of his own medicine......besides, I don't need (or want) Minnesota to win this week for next week's bonus, I just need Favre to make it through safely and Green Bay to win this weekend!

pfelix73
10-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Hey, I'm finally gonna break 100 points!

Joy Joy Joy....

Lonbull
10-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Week 7

Ghost - 310
Neclams - 265
ESPN- 250
JAR - 250
Flippinburghers - 245
WVSteeler - 240
NBC - 240
Jigawatts - 220
Mshifko - 215
Chavezz - 200
Falconfan - 195
Steelerbot - 195
Meetjoegreene - 195
Iron Shiek - 180
Starlifter - 180
Strlz D - 175
DSmith - 170
BigLebowski - 165
Jooser - 165
Steelernation1 - 160
Lonbull - 160
Doogie36 - 150
Ruthlessburgher - 150
Chadman - 135
Pfelix73 - 120
Papillion - 100
Angry Asian - 100

Just when you think that Former MNF Exec. Champion Ghost has made a mistake with his scheduling.....just when you think its time to bring him down to earth....just when you've turned on a little Ray Parker Jr. and asked "Who you gonna call"......that's just when this Casper decides he's no friendly ghost!

Ghost pulled out the week's high score of 60 points - in a game that many thought he might be lucky to squeek out 5 or maybe 10 points max! However the Saints decided to let Miami run up more than a 17 point lead before beginning their dramatic comeback....and in doing so - help run up Ghost's league leading score.

While Ghost enjoyed the Saints marching on.....many of us were watching Keyron Fox sprint down the field and steal points away from the Minnesota v Pittsburgh game. If Minnesota would have won the game - it would have been an extra 35 points, if they would have tied it and the Steelers would have won by 3 it would have been an extra 35 points --- instead many of us watched Fox go to the house, seal a Steelers win, and leave us only hanging on to the 25 point bonus we started the game with. Kind of bittersweet - but I'm sure most of us will just be happy with a Steelers win.

Another bit of news is that everyone steered clear of the Goose Egg lounge - even the three gentlemen (one of whom is from the "down under" and really not worth mentioning by name) that spent last weekend there. Good job Execs!

Looking ahead we've got something we've never seen before and that is a 40 point bonus coming to the players who picked Favre's return to Green Bay as their game of the week! (That includes 10 points for Favre starting and 30 points for two division rivals having a record over .600).

However two other games (both involving division rivals) are enjoying 30 point bonuses - so again this could definitely be a week where one group of players could pick up over 100 points - and certainly shake up the leader board.

So for Steeler fans this is a great week to sit back and watch great football.....

On the other hand there is Starlifter and another gentlemen - who I assume thought this was the game that Detroit would get their first win in....and picked St. Louis v Detriot - tough break Starlifter (and other gentlemen) - but who knows they are evenly matched it could be a really close game.

Good Luck this weekend!

Your leader is in RED

Minnesota @ Green Bay (+40) – Ruthlessburgher, Dsmith, BigLebowski, Jooser, Neclams, Doogie36, Jigawatts, Flippinburghers, Angry Asian, JAR

Atlanta @ New Orleans – (+30) Lonbull, MeetjoeGreene, Chavezz, ESPN

Giants @ Philadelphia - (+30) Pfelix73, Falconfan, Ghost, Stlrz D, Iron Shiek, Papillion

Miami @ Jets - Steelernation1, WVSteeler
Seattle @ Dallas – Mshifko
St. Louis @ Detroit – Starlifter, Chadman

No Game – NBC.

Chadman
11-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Thank you St Louis & Detroit for giving Starlifter & that unmentionable guy some points with that last minute TD to win the game....

stlrz d
11-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Glad I had some points going in and on top of it the 3TD bonus for McNabb.

Lonbull
11-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Week 8

Ghost - 360
Neclams - 320
JAR - 305
Flippinburghers - 300
ESPN- 280
Jigawatts - 275
WVSteeler - 255
Falconfan - 245
NBC - 240
Chavezz - 230
Iron Shiek - 230
Meetjoegreene - 225
Strlz D - 225
DSmith - 225
Mshifko - 220
BigLebowski - 220
Jooser - 220
Doogie36 - 205
Ruthlessburgher - 205
Steelerbot - 195
Starlifter - 195
Lonbull - 190
Steelernation1 - 175
Pfelix73 - 170
Angry Asian - 155
Chadman - 150
Papillion - 150

Ruthlessburgher, Dsmith, BigLebowski, Jooser, Neclams, Doogie36, Jigawatts, Flippinburghers, JAR, and Angry Asian all took advantage of the Brett Favre special MNF Exec. was offering this season - and put up the week's highest score of 55 points.

However despite their solid scoring effort the scoreboard leader Ghost earned 50 points (along with five other Execs) and remains safely in the lead.

Looking at the scoreboard I must say that the 300 club - has looked very strong this season, and it's certainly no surprise that two of these players are former MNF Executive Champions. There's still plenty of time in this game, but it looks like these four players will be the major contenders going into the final stretch!

On the flip side of things Angry Asian is a moving on up......moving on up!, to the East side......moving on up!, to a de-luxe apartment in the sky......Mo-moving on up! Excuse me I went all 70's theme song there for a moment - but yes Angry Asian is out of the cellar and we'll see if he can repeat his performance from a few years ago when he streaked to the top --- after a few weeks on the bottom.

Looking ahead who would have guested that ESPN would be all alone with a 25 point pick-up in the Denver v Steelers game?

However ESPN isn't the biggest bonus winner this week - as the Houston @ Indianapolis game and the Dallas @ Philadelphia games are picking up 30 points a pop at kickoff.

You'll notice that the two highest scorers Ghost and NeClams are only picking up 10 early points this weekend - so this may be the chance for both JAR and Flippinburghers to cut into their leads!

Good Luck this weekend!

Your leader is in RED

Houston @ Indianapolis (+30) – BigLebowski, Stlrz D, Chavezz, Iron Shiek, JAR

Dallas @ Philadelphia (+30) – Mshifko, MeetjoeGreene, Starlifter, Doogie36, Flippinburghers, Chadman, NBC

Pittsburgh @ Denver (+25) - ESPN

Arizona @ Chicago (+10) – Ghost, Papillion

San Diego @ New York Giants (+10) – Ruthlessburgher, Steelernation1, Lonbull, Dsmith, Jooser, Neclams, Jigawatts, Angry Asian

Carolina @ New Orleans – Falconfan, WVSteeler

Miami @ New England - Pfelix73

neclams
11-08-2009, 09:22 PM
I would like to take this time to say "Thank You!" to GHOST.....it was very nice of you to keep my seat warm.....now let the NECLAMS sit atop the leaderboard!

I know it won't last long....so I have to enjoy it while it lasts.....anyone seen Doogie36 anywhere? I figured he was competing in this competition as he was the one that invited me to join. I mean....I scroll down and down and down....and get tired of scrolling, so maybe that's why I don't see him! LOL

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.....and GHOST, "YOU ARE WELCOME for me keeping your seat warm atop the leaderboard!" That is if you can retake the throne in the next week or 2.

RuthlessBurgher
11-09-2009, 01:00 AM
I would like to take this time to say "Thank You!" to GHOST.....it was very nice of you to keep my seat warm.....now let the NECLAMS sit atop the leaderboard!

I know it won't last long....so I have to enjoy it while it lasts.....anyone seen Doogie36 anywhere? I figured he was competing in this competition as he was the one that invited me to join. I mean....I scroll down and down and down....and get tired of scrolling, so maybe that's why I don't see him! LOL

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.....and GHOST, "YOU ARE WELCOME for me keeping your seat warm atop the leaderboard!" That is if you can retake the throne in the next week or 2.

Yeah, it sure took a while to scroll down to find poor old Doog...wait a minute! I'm tied with Doogie! Dammit!!! :lol:

Starlifter
11-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Thank you St Louis & Detroit for giving Starlifter & that unmentionable guy some points with that last minute TD to win the game....

wooooooo!!!!!!

Doogie36
11-10-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm a 2nd half team CLAMS......and YOUR MOUTH like mine always gets us in TROUBLE..............sooo shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

What a freakin game last night!!!!!!! Oh man I just LOVED IT!!!!!!!! Nothing better than Ryan Clark gettig so damn pumped when Tyrone got those picks.....it really shows you that you can have CHEMISTRY in the NFL......

Lonbull
11-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Week 9

Neclams - 420
Ghost - 395
JAR - 375
Jigawatts - 375
Flippinburghers - 345
ESPN- 325
DSmith - 325
Jooser - 320
Ruthlessburgher - 305
Chavezz - 300
Iron Shiek - 300
Strlz D - 295
BigLebowski - 290
Lonbull - 290
NBC - 285
Steelerbot - 285
Steelernation1 - 275
WVSteeler - 270
Meetjoegreene - 270
Mshifko - 265
Falconfan - 260
Angry Asian - 255
Doogie36 - 250
Starlifter - 240
Chadman - 195
Papillion - 185
Pfelix73 - 170

NeClams broke the news to all of us earlier that indeed we do have a new leader atop the leaderboard. Neclams (along with 7 other execs.) scored the week's high 100 points with the San Diego v Giants game which vaulted him to the #1 spot.

However I warn you now NeClams the top spot is infamous for melt downs - I've seen guys at the #1 spot free fall at an ugly rate - and perhaps even worse, you've just put Ghost exactly where he likes to be this time of year.

That being written - enjoy the rarified air NeClams - there are many of us who've never been there.

Most likely NeClams will be able to enjoy the lead for at least two weeks as almost everyone choose the Indy vs Patriots game as their match-up of the week. The Colts and Patriots are usually pretty automatic in terms of picking up bonus points and this season is no different as it's offering 25 points at kickoff.

However WVSteeler who has remained in striking distance throughout the entire season will certainly be hoping to make up some ground - as he is the only Exec to choose the San Diego v Philadelphia match-up which also comes with 25 points at kickoff.

And while Jigawatts is picking up less bonus points (10) - he's also in a position to knock off the leader should his Dallas v Green Bay game produce a nailbiter.

I'll go ahead and write this now - continue to keep an eye on Papillion because while he's close to the bottom now, he's the only Executive with a very dangerous Bengals v Jets game in his back pocket for Week 17. Should he start making up ground and the teams continue playing like they are he could be looking for a huge payoff in Week 17!

Good Luck this weekend!

Your leader is in RED

New England @ Indianapolis (+25) – Neclams, Ruthlessburgher, Lonbull, Pfelix73, MeetjoeGreene, BigLebowski, Falconfan, Ghost, Doogie36, Flippinburghers, Chadman, Angry Asian, Starlifter, NBC

Philadelphia @ San Diego (+25) – WVSteeler

Dallas at Green Bay (+10)– Stlrz D, Chavezz, Iron Shiek, Jigawatts

Tampa Bay @ Miami – Jooser

Baltimore @ Cleveland - ESPN

Atlanta @ Carolina - Steelernation1, Papillion

New Orleans @ St. Louis – Mshifko, JAR

Seattle at Arizona - DSmith

Chadman
11-11-2009, 08:56 PM
(Race call from Week 8 to Week 9)

Nearing the halfway mark we have ghost in the lead a full length to Neclams on the inside rail, a full length & a half back to Jar, only a nose to Flippingburghers on the outside. ESPN & Jigawatts are neck to neck, a full half length back to WVSteeler.. Falconfan trails by a neck on the outside to NBC, Iron Shiek & Chavezz sitting behind a half length. Meetjoegreen, Strlz D & D Smith come together with a bit of argey bargey, a neck to Mshifsko, Big Lebowski & Jooser. Further back now is Doogie36, neck to neck with Ruthlessburgher. A full length back to Steelerbot & Starlifter, with Lonbull a neck back on the rails.2 lengths back now to Steelernation1, neck to Pfelix & 2 lengths to Angry Asian with Chadman & Papillon bringing up the rear...

(on to week 9)

At the halfway mark Neclams has hit the whip to move in front, a full length to Ghost who settles back onto the rails, 2 lengths back Jar & Jigawatts making his move to the outside. Flippingburghers sits 2 & a half lengths back, a length back to ESPN & here's D Smith on the outside neck and neck with ESPN, with Jooser following D Smith's run on the rails a nose back. Ruthlessburgher makes his move to the outside a length and a half back, a nose ahead of Chavezz & Iron Sheik who are still going at it on the rail. Strlz D sits in behind them by a nose, a full nose to BigLebowski with Lonbull hitting the whip on the outside. NBC falling back a half head, neck & neck with Steelerbot, a head in front of Steelernation1 who's making his move on the inside. WVSteeler & Meetjoegreen come together, falling bak after tussling early on the turn, a half head to Mshifsko who seems to be hitting the skids. Falconfan sits a halfhead behind, a nose ahead of Angry Asian who is hitting the whip on the outside, a half head ahead of Doogie36 who appears to have dropped his whip. Starlifter is a half length back, 2 lengths to Chadman, half a length to Papillon both hitting the whip to keep up, with Pfelix bring up the rear..

dsmith
11-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Continuing on with the horse racing theme, it appears that this next week my horse is going to step in the massive pot-hole that is a terrible Arizona/Seahawks match-up and break his leg. Whereby, I will dust myself off and promptly shoot him in the head to put him out of his misery.

Seriously, what were all of us thinking that didn't pick the NE/Indy matchup?

neclams
11-16-2009, 10:38 AM
There should be little doubt that GHOST and FLIPPINBURGHERS would be in the top 3, afterall, they are in the Hall of Fame. What has everyone scratching their heads has got to be the CLAMS surprising lead following week 10.

CLAMS are honored to be "just hanging in there" with the past MNE Champs.

CLAMS are looking to increase their lead this week as they pick up (+30) bonus in the SD/DEN game. When asked about his pick, the CLAMS owner stated, "I think JAR made a great pick for this week!" It was the CLAMS sarcastic way of saying him and JAR were the only 2 to pick this game and max out on bonus points entering the contest!

CLAMS owner knows that it can all disappear in 1 week......but he is just talking a little trash while he is on top!

CLAMS knows that week 17, with the possible 110 points going out to a lucky pick could lose him the title.....but he will be lucky to still be in first when that time comes anyways!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Yours Truly,

The "LEADER" for another week! :wft

flippy
11-16-2009, 03:48 PM
There should be little doubt that GHOST and FLIPPINBURGHERS would be in the top 3, afterall, they are in the Hall of Fame. What has everyone scratching their heads has got to be the CLAMS surprising lead following week 10.

CLAMS are honored to be "just hanging in there" with the past MNE Champs.

CLAMS are looking to increase their lead this week as they pick up (+30) bonus in the SD/DEN game. When asked about his pick, the CLAMS owner stated, "I think JAR made a great pick for this week!" It was the CLAMS sarcastic way of saying him and JAR were the only 2 to pick this game and max out on bonus points entering the contest!

CLAMS owner knows that it can all disappear in 1 week......but he is just talking a little trash while he is on top!

CLAMS knows that week 17, with the possible 110 points going out to a lucky pick could lose him the title.....but he will be lucky to still be in first when that time comes anyways!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Yours Truly,

The "LEADER" for another week! :wft

You're good. But remember if Ghost or I lose, we'll just take down this board like we did the Trib ;)

Lonbull
11-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Week 10

Neclams - 565
Ghost - 540
Flippinburghers - 490
Ruthlessburgher - 450
BigLebowski - 435
Lonbull - 435
NBC - 430
Meetjoegreene - 415
JAR - 405
Falconfan - 405
Jigawatts - 400
Angry Asian - 400
Doogie36 - 395
Starlifter - 385
Jooser - 370
Chadman - 340
Steelerbot - 330
ESPN- 325
DSmith - 325
Chavezz - 325
Iron Shiek - 325
Strlz D - 320
Pfelix73 - 315
WVSteeler - 295
Mshifko - 295
Steelernation1 - 275
Papillion - 185

The Colts v Patriots game racked up an all-time single game high score of 145 points! Those of you who had this game can find your name and this game on page one next to the Hall of Champions - those of you who didn't have this game - certainly are feeling the effects!

It was definitely a week of the have(s) versus the have nots - as many on the board almost doubled their scores with the Colt Comeback. The player I kind of feel bad for is Jooser who took a Tampa Bay v Miami game, and without any pre-game bonus - managed to put up a very respectable 50 points - a score that any other time would have rivaled for best of the week!

Looking at the leaderboard this late in the season it shouldn't surprise anyone to see Ghost slightly off the lead and Flippenburghers making a late push in his annual attempt to steal this thing at the last minute.

However NeClams has a very solid lead - and after reviewing his overall schedule he's also selected solid remaining games. This week our leader has the week's best bonus with an extra 30 points at kickoff, and he's even still got a shot at the Moreno rookie bonus!

Looking ahead this week could be make or break for many of us - as 14 of us are fighting off a visit to the Goose Egg Lounge this weekend. Last weekend the lounge was serving a party of four.

One item of interest is that the top four players right now - NeClams / Ghost / Flippy / and Ruthlessburgher all have seperate games in Week 17. That 55 / 110 point bonus looms gentlement - so keep your eyes out for the teams you've got in that last week.

Good Luck this weekend!

Your leader is in RED

San Diego @ Denver (+30) – Neclams, JAR

Atlanta @ Giants (+10) – Jigawatts

Indy @ Baltimore (+10) – Mshifko, BigLebowski, Falconfan, Jooser, WVSteeler, Doogie36, Iron Shiek, Flippinburghers, Angry Asian

Miami @ Carolina – Ghost

Tennessee @ Houston – Ruthlessburgher, MeetjoeGreene, Stlrz D, Starlifter, Papillion, ESPN

Washington @ Dallas - Steelernation1, Chavezz

Philadelphia @ Chicago – Lonbull, Pfelix73, Dsmith, NBC

Seattle @ Minnesota – Chadman

flippy
11-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Did LonBull quietly figure out his own game? ;)

Chadman
11-17-2009, 08:20 PM

This close to the end, LB has gone into stealth mode...

neclams
11-17-2009, 08:36 PM
At the current moment, I took the teams within 150 pointsof the leader....and here is what it looks like:

NBC is within 150 points, but they have no games scheduled for week 17!

CAR/NO - FlippinBurghers (-75) New Orleans has a 4 game lead in the division and WILL win it. Carolina is a game behind 4 other teams. 55 Max, but I don't think Carolina will have a chance to make the playoffs this year....afterall, DELHOMME is due for another 6 INT game really soon!

NYG/MIN - BigLebowski (-130)/MeetJoeGreene (-150) - Minnesota has a 3 game lead in the division and should win it.......so max points in this game would be 55!

GB/AZ - RuthlessBurger (-125)/LONBULL (-130) - AZ leads their divisiona nd would need to lose their 2 game lead, otherwise......55 points maximum in this game!

CLAMS (Leader)/GHOST (-25) - PHI/DAL.....Ghost currently trails by 25....so the team that has the lead after week 16 will have the upper hand! Dallas leads the division by 1 game.....but if the NY GIANTS win the division, the EAGLES and COWBOYS (who would be tied for the lead in the Wild card with 3 other teams) could be the 110 point game!

So, it looks like the NY GIANTS will have to take over the NFC East lead, or else we are really only looking at a maximum of 55 points as a week 17 bonus......which is perfectly fine with GHOST and MYSELF at this time!

Not to crush any hearts....you know those that think they will have a miraculous comeback in week 17. It looks like the 2 in the lead are the only ones in line to get a shot at that 110. And something tells me that the GIANTS can be the team to win the NFC East.

Good pick GHOST....hehe

neclams
11-17-2009, 09:00 PM
I basically took the leaders in the wild card hint and the teams within a game of that and compared to our schedules.......

FLIP - 123 points

CLAMS/LONBULL - 106 points

BIGLEBOWSKI - 105 points

RUTHLESS - 100 points

MEETJOEGREENE - 96 points

GHOST - 90 points

Of course we won't get all these points...but someone might. Some teams have 3 or 4 teams and only 2 of them may make the wildcard game! But it is an estimate!

I am so addicted to this game....you have NO idea! I am looking at all the things that can come into play at the end!

I would love MORENO to break off a 16 yard TD......but SD has some good secondary players who react pretty quick....so it may not happen.....but I am praying......would be a nice 45 point bonus (30 for the teams record) and hopefully they keep the game really close!

GOOD LUCK! And trust me......I'm still not convinced I will win this year. I know I am missing somthing in my calculations......but GHOST and the rest are not pointing it out to me!

WHAT AM I MISSING? (Besides a life? hehe)

Chadman
11-17-2009, 09:06 PM
I basically took the leaders in the wild card hint and the teams within a game of that and compared to our schedules.......

FLIP - 123 points

BIGLEBOWSKI - 105 points

RUTHLESS - 100 points

GHOST - 90 points

Of course we won't get all these points...but someone might. Some teams have 3 or 4 teams and only 2 of them may make the wildcard game! But it is an estimate!

I am so addicted to this game....you have NO idea! I am looking at all the things that can come into play at the end!

I would love MORENO to break off a 16 yard TD......but SD has some good secondary players who react pretty quick....so it may not happen.....but I am praying......would be a nice 45 point bonus (30 for the teams record) and hopefully they keep the game really close!

GOOD LUCK! And trust me......I'm still not convinced I will win this year. I know I am missing somthing in my calculations......but GHOST and the rest are not pointing it out to me!

Don't forget this rule..
Playoff Points

3 points - For every team you include in your schedule that goes to the playoffs
9 points - For every week your schedule involved two teams that eventually go to the playoffs.

Chadman
11-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Entering the back turn it's still Neclams a full length ahead to Ghost on the rails, pushing forward on thw hip and setting the pace. It seems Neclams jockey is waving his hands hysterically however in a premature sign of victory...Flippingburghers a full 2 lengths back pushing into 3rd with a fast closing Ruthlessburgher a length and a half further back. BigLebowski has hit the whip & closes on the leaders along with Lonbull a halflength back in the field, a nose ahead of NBC coming from the middle of the pack. Meetjoegreene is making a move on the outside, a length back, half a length in front of JAR who looks to have lost his riding cap, neck and neck with a fast closing Falconfan. Jigawatts rider is barely hanging on as he falls a nose back with Angry Asian flashing along on the outside to run stride for stride.Doogie36 is following asians run on the outside, a nose back...further back to Starlifter also making his move. Jooser looks to be running out of breath as Chadman closes from the rear of the field to settle mid pack.Steelerbot makes his way to the rail, holding ground as ESPN, DSmith & Chavezz appear to have run out of gas. Add to that Iron Shiek who is finding the running too quick along with Stlrz D. Pfelix moves from the bottom of the field to settle in half a nose behind, pulling away from WVSteeler & Mshifko who seem to have come together on the turn. Steelernation's jockey is climbing back into the saddle after nearly falling off & Papillon brings up the rear on his OLD legs..the leaders are starting to pull away, stretching the field as we enter the final turn...

Chadman
11-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Looking at the remaining schedule, Chadman thinks the favourites are NECLAMS (odds on), Big Lebowski (3-1), Lonbull (5-1) & Falconfan (10-1).

All others need a miracle....

neclams
11-18-2009, 01:55 PM
neclams wrote:I basically took the leaders in the wild card hint and the teams within a game of that and compared to our schedules.......

FLIP - 123 points

BIGLEBOWSKI - 105 points

RUTHLESS - 100 points

GHOST - 90 points

That's what the points in the post you replied to were calculating! I took the teams that were in the wildcard hunt and gave each entry points for their scheduling......of course most entries have more then 6 AFC and 6 NFC teams....so they won't get the full points...but it was an estimate!

Lonbull
11-18-2009, 03:10 PM

This close to the end, LB has gone into stealth mode...

Sadly gentlemen I believe this is more about a Blind Squirrel eventually finding an acorn. I've needed back-to-back high scoring games to get into this....and this weekend's Philly vs Chicago game could end up being a real "Gooser".

So - you know, in short - four years into this thing and I still kind of blow at my game.

:owned :HeadBanger

neclams
11-19-2009, 09:02 AM
The CLAMS will be watching tonight's game particularly close as the #2 seed GHOST has picked this game for this week!

The WILDCAT meets the PANTHERS......here kitty kitty!

neclams
11-23-2009, 10:32 AM
All the Clams needed was a little performance points. Just keep it to within 7 points! That was it.

OH WELL....thank God for the 30 matchup points.

NEXT WEEK is a little tricky. Top 3 teams ALL have the PIT/BAL game....along with 10 others. Really? 13 of 24 managers picked this game....thanks for letting me keep my lead over you other 12.

Who is scaring the CLAMS this week? LonBull and BigLewbowski. LonBull trails the CLAMS by 130 going into week 12.....but loses 5 on matchup points (Clams 15, LonBull 10) but they the BULL has NO/NE game and I expect quite a few points with 3, 4, 5 TDs by multiple players in this one! He should close the gap a little! BigLewbowski trails by 115 going into this week. They are guaranteed 15 points in the IND/HOU matchup to stay even with the CLAMS.....HOWEVER, if Houston wins tonight against Tennessee, that jumps up to a 30 point bonus, making him 100 behind the CLAMS. I am hoping for an INDY blowout regardless, but, Houston normally plays them tough!

I'm still steaming from that diarrhea thing we called the KC/PIT game. What crap that was. At least the sorry Oakland team beat the Bungles to prevent us from losing ground. Currently, the last wildcard spot is ours....but not if we keep playing like crap! AHHHHHHHHHH, so pissed right now! KANSAS ****TY? Really? Unbelievable!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! Especially to Tennessee tonight......and I HATE TENNESSEE! But I need those 15 points...and we need to keep Houston from sneaking past us in the wildcard picture. It could happen folks.....so EVERYONE cheer for TENNESSEE tonight....and hope they get in a plane crash after the game!

Lonbull
11-24-2009, 01:55 AM
Week 11

Neclams - 595
Ghost - 560
Flippinburghers - 535
BigLebowski - 480
Ruthlessburgher - 475
Lonbull - 465
NBC - 460
Jigawatts - 455
Falconfan - 450
Angry Asian - 445
Meetjoegreene - 440
Doogie36 - 440
JAR - 435
Jooser - 415
Starlifter - 410
Steelerbot - 390
Chavezz - 375
Iron Shiek - 370
DSmith - 355
Chadman - 350
ESPN- 350
Strlz D - 345
Pfelix73 - 345
WVSteeler - 340
Mshifko - 340
Steelernation1 - 325
Papillion - 210

A couple of interesting storylines opened up in Week 11 as both the BigLebowski and Jigawatts made significant moves towards the top of the board.

Week 11 proved to be about survival for some - like Ghost who stayed out of the Goose Egg Lounge with a 20 point Dolphins v Carolina game, and Flippinburghers who slides even closer towards his destination with a 45 point game of his own (that most MNF Execs shared with him).

NeClams may have had his opportunity to bust this game wide open with his last week's 30 point (surprise) bonus game of San Diego v Broncos - but in the end the 30 points he started with was all he ended the game with. This could have been a pivotal week for him?

Jigawatts all alone scored the week's high score of 55 points with his Atlanta v Giants game - and he's positioned himself well for a late strike.

BigLebowski (whom yours truly had been following up the chart) makes a substantial leap over Ruthlessburgher and into 4th place. However it's Week 12 that could seriously tell us if "the Dude abides"?

BigLebowski all alone is taking the Colts v Houston game that comes with 15 point bonus - so this is a prime opportunity to make a big advance!

15 points is also the same bonus that our leader NeClams (and most of the Execs) will be enjoying this weekend with the Pittsburgh v Ravens game. Also in on the Pittsburgh game is Jigawatts, Ghost and Flippinburghers - so they'll be unable to advance on the leader this weekend.

However the question asked earlier this week was if I (Lonbull) had finally figured out my own game - I'm certainly hoping so - as I'm also hopeful that my 25 point bonus can go into overdrive and catapult me closer to the top.

Good Luck this weekend!

Your leader is in RED

New England @ New Orleans (+25) - Steelernation1, Lonbull, Chavezz, Papillion, Chadman, ESPN

Pittsburgh @ Baltimore (+15) - Neclams, Pfelix73, MeetjoeGreene, Dsmith, Falconfan, Ghost, Stlrz D, WVSteeler, Starlifter, NBC, Doogie36, Jigawatts, Flippinburghers, JAR, NBC

Indianapolis @ Houston (+15)– BigLebowski

Chicago @ Minnesota – Ruthlessburgher, Iron Shiek

Arizona @ Tennessee – Mshifko

Washington @ Philadelphia – Jooser

Cleveland @ Cincinnati - Angry Asian,

L.B.

Lonbull
12-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Week 12

Neclams - 670
Ghost - 635
Flippinburghers - 610
BigLebowski - 535
NBC - 535
Jigawatts - 530
Falconfan - 525
Meetjoegreene - 515
Doogie36 - 515
JAR - 510
Lonbull - 505
Ruthlessburgher - 495
Starlifter - 485
Steelerbot - 465
Jooser - 455
Angry Asian - 445
DSmith - 430
Strlz D - 420
Pfelix73 - 420
Chavezz - 415
WVSteeler - 415
Mshifko - 400
Iron Shiek - 390
Chadman - 390
ESPN- 390
Steelernation1 - 365
Papillion - 250

Flippinburghers often points out early in the season that to do well in MNF Exec in September doesn't mean much - it's how you close out the season that counts - sage advice from a former MNF Exec. Champion. And in Week 12 it seems that the usual "closers" (Ghost and Flippinburghers) at the top of the board got stronger while some outside contenders (such as Ruthlessburgher and myself, Lonbull) fell towards the middle of the pack.

Most executives had the game of the week Pittsburgh v Ravens which enjoyed a very solid 75 point finish...it's just too bad many of us feel like that score came with a punch to the groin!

The BigLebowski remains in contention - however he obviously loses some ground as his very solid selection of Indy v Houston produced 55 points - which is usually a standout score, but this week doesn't get him enough....just like the film - the room is nice, but without the rug it isn't enough.

Gaining ground is Falconfan - and looking ahead he (along with myself) are enjoying the best bonus of the week - the Arizona v Minnesota game that enjoys a 25 point bump. In this writers opinion if Falconfan can get some momentum he's still got an outside chance!

In general Week 13 could certainly be a make or break weekend for several executives. NeClams continues his impressive push with a solid 15 point bonus this weekend - which obviously helps keep him out of the Goose Egg Lounge (All I'll say is that in Week 12 they were serving an Asian Buffet).

Ghost and Flippinburghers have seperation from the leader - but both former champs have games that start without a bonus at kickoff - so they're of course hoping to at least keep pace at the top of the board.

In closing NeClams looks New Orleans Saints strong at this point in the game - but there's still some time left for someone to pose a challenge!

Good Luck this weekend!

Your leader is in RED

Minnesota @ Arizona (+25) – Lonbull, Falconfan

Dallas @ NY Giants (+15) – Neclams, MeetjoeGreene, Dsmith, BigLebowski, Starlifter, Chadman

Philadelphia @ Atlanta (+10) – Ruthlessburgher, Steelernation1, Angry Asian

Baltimore @ Green Bay (+10) – Papillion, ESPN

Tennessee @ Indianapolis - Pfelix73, Jooser, Chavezz, WVSteeler, Doogie36, Iron Shiek, Flippinburghers

New Orleans at Washington - Jigawatts

Denver @ Kansas City – Mshifko, Stlrz D

San Francisco @ Seattle – Ghost

New England at Miami – Jar, NBC

L.B.

Jooser
12-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Damn, who saw the Indy/Titstains game having no bonus points coming at the beginning of the season... :?:

RuthlessBurgher
12-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Damn, who saw the Indy/Titstains game having no bonus points coming at the beginning of the season... :?:

Me. That's why I picked Philly-Atlanta instead. The Curse of the Terrible Towel can be a b!tch. :twisted:

Jooser
12-04-2009, 09:13 AM

Me. That's why I picked Philly-Atlanta instead. The Curse of the Terrible Towel can be a b!tch. :twisted:

:Cheers here, here :Cheers

Lonbull
12-04-2009, 11:41 AM

Jooser -

This is one game that I think is the exception to the "rules".

I think there's some interest in this game that you probably wouldn't usually find with other teams with the same records.

The Titans are building incredible momentum and if they win here (against unbeaten Indy) I think that would be pretty big.

On top of that Chris Johnson is attempting to go over the 2000 yard mark and that too is of interest to football fans.

Hopefully it will be a great game and you'll still get a solid score.

L.B.

Lonbull
12-09-2009, 04:10 AM
Week 13

Neclams - 705
Ghost - 680
Flippinburghers - 610
Jigawatts - 595
BigLebowski - 570
NBC - 570
Falconfan - 555
Meetjoegreene - 550
JAR - 545
Lonbull - 535
Starlifter - 520
Doogie36 - 515
Ruthlessburgher - 505
Steelerbot - 505
DSmith - 465
Jooser - 455
Angry Asian - 455
Strlz D - 460
Mshifko - 440
Chadman - 425
Pfelix73 - 420
Chavezz - 415
WVSteeler - 415
ESPN- 405
Iron Shiek - 390
Steelernation1 - 375
Papillion - 265

Week 13 proved to be very unlucky, especially for 7 executives who spent their hard earned money in the Goose Egg lounge.

In contrast Ghost proved (once again) that luck seems to favor this former MNF Exec. as he gained a little ground on the leader NeClams with a very unusual choice of San Fran v Seattle - which turned up 45 points for the haunting one.

The biggest story of the week may be Jigawatts high score of 65 points with his Washington v New Orleans game. The Jig has definitely been up these past few weeks and while he's still got a substantial way to go - he has also been slowly chipping away at the leaders. Looking way ahead Jigawatts has the Kansas City @ Denver game for Week 17 all to himself - and Denver looks to definitely be a contender for the Wild Card Bonus at stake that week.

Speaking of Extra bonuses (and Denver for that matter) Mshifko and Stlrz D picked up a Rookie bonus last week when Knowshon Moreno ran a TD from 18 yards out --- so there's only one Rookie Bonus left - here's hoping Ziggy Hood gets a sack real soon.

Looking ahead to next week - Jigawatts seems to be picking up momentum with a 25 point bonus at kickoff - however the leader NeClams continues to grind away with a 15 point bonus of his own, that he also shares with current runner-up Ghost.

Flippenburghers hopes to rebound from a very difficult week, as he picks up 15 points as well - but has an advantage of playing a seperate game from the leader.

Good Luck this weekend!

Your leader is in RED

San Diego @ Dallas - (+25) Steelernation1, Jooser, Stlrz D, Jigawatts

New Orleans @ Atlanta – (+15) Neclams, Lonbull, Pfelix73, Mshifko, MeetjoeGreene, BigLebowski, Ghost, Chavezz,

Philadelphia @ NY Giants (+15)– Falconfan, WVSteeler, Starlifter, Doogie36, Iron Shiek, Flippinburghers, JAR, NBC

Miami at Jacksonville (+10)– Dsmith, Angry Asian,

Carolina @ New England – Ruthlessburgher

Buffalo @ Kansas City – Papillion

New York Jets @ Tampa Bay – Chadman

Arizona @ San Fransico - ESPN

L.B.

neclams
12-14-2009, 11:27 AM
The CLAMS can put the competition away with a big point game in the Dallas/New Orleans game!

The CLAMS hold a 25 point lead over Ghost, 105 over FlippinBurghers and Jigawatts and 135 over BigLebowski. Everyone else is 155 or more points behind.

The Clams have Dallas and New Orleans (which carries a 25 point bonus) this week. Everyone else within striking distance (150 or less) have the Pittsburgh and Green Bay game (which carries 0 points).

Ghost has the best chance of taking over first place but has the same game as the Clams in week 17....so weeks 15 and 16 are his only chance!

FlippingBurghers, which is in 3rd place has 0 chance of getting bonus points for the rest of the year and that includes the 55/110 opportunity.

For scheduling purposes in weeks 16 and 17:
Clams are guaranteed 30 and 30 more if Dallas/Philly are .600 in week 17. Also has chance at 55 in week 17!
Ghost is guaranteed 15 (10 more if Tennessee wins this weekend) and 30 more if Dallas/Philly are .600 in week 17. Also has chance at 55 in week 17! But week 17 is useless for him!
Jigawatts is not guarateed any, but gets 10 if Tennessee wins this weekend. He also has a chance at the 55 with Denver needing a win to get in in week 17.
BigLebowski is not guarateed any but gets 15 with a Steelers win this weekend. Also, he has an outside chance at 55 with the Giants in week 17.

Essentially, GHOST has this week and next weeks SD/Tennessee game to make up the points and take the lead. CLAMS only have 4 teams on their schedule that have 0 chance to make the playoffs and they are in the same 2 games.....so there is a lot of chances at 3 points and a few shots at the 9 points, so GHOST has to have a hige game in one of the next 2 weeks, otherwise the rookie (CLAMS) will see their name on the Hall of Fame! WOOHOOO.

I am rooting for the STEELERS to beat GB.....but I hope it's a blowout!

Good Luck, but the time is ticking down and the CLAMS have the ball and are trying to run out the clock!

Jigawatts
12-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Watch out Flippy. Here comes the Jiga train.

neclams
12-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Lonbull must have slept in today....although they are normally (disregard last week) out on Tuesdays!

:wft

RuthlessBurgher
12-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Lonbull must have slept in today....although they are normally (disregard last week) out on Tuesdays!

He's probably busy in the kitchen with assorted cheeses and brats, preparing an epic Green Bay themed Food for Thought this week!

http://www.octanecreative.com/ducttape/cookin/images/bratwurst.jpg http://www.cqproducts.com/images/CQ_products/101cheese.png

Lonbull
12-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Week 14

Neclams - 750
Ghost - 725
Flippinburghers - 645
Jigawatts - 645
BigLebowski - 615
NBC - 605
Meetjoegreene - 595
Falconfan - 590
JAR - 580
Lonbull - 580
Starlifter - 555
Doogie36 - 550
Ruthlessburgher - 505
Steelerbot - 520
DSmith - 510
Strlz D - 510
Jooser - 505
Angry Asian - 500
Mshifko - 485
Pfelix73 - 465
Chavezz - 460
WVSteeler - 450
ESPN- 435
Chadman - 425
Iron Shiek - 425
Steelernation1 - 425
Papillion - 280

Jigawatts continues to make a late push as he (and Steelernation1, Jooser, and Strlz D) earn the weekly high mark of 50 points. Jigawatts is now in a tie for third place with Flippinburghers - unfortunately like most Executives this week he has the Green Bay v Pittsburgh game which comes with no bonus points and it's also a game in which Second Place Ghost also has. So while everyone is hoping for a great MNF Exec Match-up none of us will be able to make up any ground on Ghost.

Meanwhile at the top of the board....NeClams has made a consistent push to remain in the lead - with every passing week he continues to pick up solid points, and it looks like it's going to be very difficult to knock him from the top spot. Looking ahead, this weekend only he and two other Exec's are enjoying the top mark of 25 bonus points at kickoff.

I certainly think things look well in hand for NeClams but with 55 bonus points still in the balance for Week 17 - and who knows maybe this is the week that Ziggy Hood comes up with his first sack - the game could still swing very violently to a different path.....you never know with MNF Exec!

Good Luck this weekend!

Your leader is in RED

Dallas @ New Orleans - (+25) – NeClams, Ruthlessburgher

San Diego @ Cincinnati – (+25) - WVSteeler

Indianapolis @ Jacksonville – (+15) - Steelernation1

Green Bay @ Pittsburgh – Lonbull, Mshifko, BigLebowski, Ghost, Jooser, Doogie36, Iron Shiek, Jigawatts, Flippinburghers, Chadman

Minnesota @ Carolina - Pfelix73, Chavezz, Papillion, NBC

Chicago @ Baltimore – MeetjoeGreene, Dsmith, Stlrz D, JAR

Oakland @ Denver – Falconfan, Angry Asian

Miami @ Tennessee – Starlifter

NY Giants @ Washington - ESPN

L.B.

RuthlessBurgher
12-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Ask and ye shall receive!

Lonbull
12-16-2009, 04:15 PM

NeClams and Ruthlessburgher -

The recent string of losses haven't made looking at the scoreboard(s) any easier. Neither Ghost or I have been terribly anxious to tally up the scores....after all who wants to review another Steelers loss!

So in short the scores are late....and it's B.A.'s fault. :D

Granted I'll go ahead and make a general announcement - the next two Tuesday's I'll be heading back home to spend Christmas with my family.....unfortunately the computer(s) at home are always a bit risky? So the scores may run a little late but I'll make sure they get finished!

L.B.

neclams
12-17-2009, 08:56 AM
LonBull,

I do the scoring during the games and have an excel worksheet that I update with the scores and it puts the players in order. I can do the scoring for you and put up "unofficial" results....up to you. I just have no idea where to lookup who attempts field goals in the last 30 seconds of a game (if they miss).

Also, you keep throwing out there that I am at risk in the last week of the season because of the 55 points thing. When in all actuality, my game is all but guaranteed to have that bonus. Philly/Dallas. Dallas has to win 1 out of next 2 to be win/in team. Philly can lose next 2 and be win/in team. I do have a question....not to mention, as long as Dallas stays one game back of the Eagles, the winner of that game would win the NFC East on the last week....so, they would both have to win to get in and that is 110. Highly unlikely though, but here's to wishing. Regardless, I am pretty much in a position where I am 80 percent chance of being guarateed to get the 55.

Who else is? GB could clinch playoff spot with a win this week and next.......Denver can clinch a spot with a win the next 2 weeks........Jags may be a win-and-in team, but who picked that game in week 17? The Steelers can be a win-and-in team, but I think it's going to be more of a need to win and get help type situation. Jags/Ravens/Dolphins and JETS are all above the Steelers....but how many of those teams were picked in week 17? Not to mention, the 55 doesnt really help the teams that are down by more than 150.

Here's to the Saint's scoring that last minute TD to win the game this Satuday night and putting the Clams up close to 100 with 2 weeks to go......... :Beer

Good luck everyone!

Hopefully this has pissed some people off and you will rally your games to break my heart! Isn't that what sports is about.....talking crap, and then getting your heart broke?

neclams
12-17-2009, 03:37 PM
In the rules it states...

My question is.....if you have 2 playoff teams in the same game how many points do you get for that game....9 points for the game or 15 points (3 for both teams and then 9 more for both being in playoffs)?

Thank you!

NEClams

Lonbull
12-17-2009, 03:41 PM
I do the scoring during the games and have an excel worksheet that I update with the scores and it puts the players in order. I can do the scoring for you and put up "unofficial" results....up to you. I just have no idea where to lookup who attempts field goals in the last 30 seconds of a game (if they miss).

NeClams - I appreciate the offer to help, but we're good for now. If you decide to play next year I may take you up on it - and if you win this year, you kind of "have to" defend your title.

Also, you keep throwing out there that I am at risk in the last week of the season because of the 55 points thing. When in all actuality, my game is all but guaranteed to have that bonus.

You're probably right - however keep in mind if both teams (Dallas and Philly) are already a lock for the playoffs (or have clinched a spot) and it's just a matter of seeding than you wouldn't receive the 55/110 points.

There's a strong chance that the bonus won't even be available in the NFC's last weekend. Whereas currently you have 4 teams tied for the last wildcard spot in the AFC.

We'll see...

L.B.

Lonbull
12-17-2009, 04:08 PM
In the rules it states...

My question is.....if you have 2 playoff teams in the same game how many points do you get for that game....9 points for the game or 15 points (3 for both teams and then 9 more for both being in playoffs)?

Thank you!

NEClams

Good question NeClams -

You would just get 9 points (total) if you have two teams in your schedule that make the playoffs.

I'll look into rewording that - the idea was - 3 points if you just used one team that made the playoffs - and then triple that if you have two teams.

L.B.

Chadman
12-18-2009, 01:35 AM
Pretty sure you guys have forgotten to factor in the 400 point bonus for all players born & living in Australia.

It catches a lot of newbies by surprise when Lonbull adds that rather tasty bonus in Week 17...

neclams
12-20-2009, 08:55 PM
NECLAMS and GHOST are all tied up. Season can be decided next week as they have same game in week 17. NECLAMS gets 15 bonus points going in and GHOST gets 10.....so it is anyones game. The season will definitely come down to the teams that make the playoffs and the NECLAMS may have that....but not by many!

GOOD GAME STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lonbull
12-21-2009, 01:33 AM
Just in case I have difficulty getting my information over the Christmas Holiday -

Week - 16

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh (+15) – Ruthlessburgher, Steelernation1, Pfelix73, BigLebowski, Falconfan, Jooser, Chavezz, Starlifter, Neclams, Doogie36, Chadman

San Diego @ Tennessee – (+10) - Lonbull, Ghost, Stlrz D, WVSteeler, Jigawatts, Papillion

Houston @ Miami – (+10) - Mshifko, Iron Shiek

Minnesota @ Chicago – MeetjoeGreene, Angry Asian, ESPN

Seattle at Green Bay – Dsmith

Tampa Bay @ New Orleans – Flippinburghers

Kansas City @ Cincinnati – JAR

Dallas @ Washington - NBC

Lonbull
12-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Week 15

Neclams - 805
Ghost - 805
Flippinburghers - 725
Jigawatts - 725
BigLebowski - 695
Falconfan - 660
Lonbull - 660
Doogie36 - 630
Meetjoegreene - 620
NBC - 610
JAR - 605
Starlifter - 600
Steelerbot - 600
Jooser - 585
Angry Asian - 570
Mshifko - 565
Ruthlessburgher - 560
DSmith - 535
Strlz D - 535
WVSteeler - 530
Chadman - 505
Iron Shiek - 505
Steelernation1 - 470
Pfelix73 - 470
Chavezz - 465
ESPN- 440
Papillion - 285

Before I break into my summary let me take this time to wish all the Monday Night Executives a very Merry Christmas - I'm thankful to once again have such a great crew to play this god forsaken game with - with that written - this past weeekend conjured up a little late season magic by giving us a tie for both first place and third place!

Once again like a bad Dickens classic Ghost has become the Ghost of Christmas Past, Present and most likely future! Like clockwork Ghost has positioned himself to cause some heartache to the leader of the board. Folks I don't know how he does it, but he does it consistently. Ghost used a heart-pounding Steeelers v Packers game to earn one of the weekly high scores of 80 points to put him neck and neck with the lead.

However - I'm certainly not counting out Jigawatts and Flippenburghers just yet (as they also picked up 80 points this past weekend) - and have seperate games from NeClams - who has a slight advantage by picking up an extra 5 or 15 points on Ghost, Jiga, and Flip.

Anyway you look at it - I think MNF Exec 2009 is going to come down to the wire - and that's exactly the way I hope it works out every season!

Again - Merry Christmas all -and Good Luck this weekend!

Your leaders are in RED

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh - (+15) – NeClams, Ruthlessburgher, Steelernation1, Pfelix73, BigLebowski, Falconfan, Jooser, Chavezz, Starlifter, Doogie36, Chadman

San Diego @ Tennessee – (+10) - Ghost, Lonbull, Stlrz D, WVSteeler, Jigawatts, Papillion

Houston @ Miami – (+10) - Mshifko, Iron Shiek

Minnesota @ Chicago – MeetjoeGreene, Angry Asian, ESPN

Seattle at Green Bay – Dsmith

Tampa Bay @ New Orleans – Flippinburghers

Kansas City @ Cincinnati – JAR

Dallas @ Washington - NBC

L.B.

stlrz d
12-23-2009, 10:36 PM
At least I'm better than ESPN...so they should get rid of who they have and give me the job!

Iron Shiek
12-24-2009, 12:35 AM
At least I'm better than ESPN...so they should get rid of who they have and give me the job!

Well by your logic, poor ol' Pap would be the only unemployed hump outta the bunch! What happened there Pap!?!? :)

RuthlessBurgher
12-24-2009, 09:52 AM
[quote="stlrz d":3rw13nqk]At least I'm better than ESPN...so they should get rid of who they have and give me the job!

Well by your logic, poor ol' Pap would be the only unemployed hump outta the bunch! What happened there Pap!?!? :)[/quote:3rw13nqk]

When two-thirds of the competators have a score in the five or six hundreds, I think Pappy's 285 is just as much of an accomplishment as the 805 by Clams and Ghost. Things really have to fall a certain way in order to achieve such a poor score. Kudos, Pap! I doubt that I could have a score in the two hundreds with only two weeks to go if I even tried (picking matchups that involved St. Louis, Cleveland, Detroit, Tampa, etc. every week). :Cheers :lol:

neclams
12-26-2009, 01:08 AM
San Diego got 5 for game points.....leaving the door WIDE OPEN for the CLAMS.

CLAMS now now tied with GHOST but any points from the Pitt/Balt game will give the CLAMS a lead. CLAMS now lead Jiggawatts by 80 with one week to go.

BigLebowski has the Pitt/Balt game and that leaves them 110 behind no matter what happens.

FlippinBurghers is down 95 giong into his NO/TB game.....and NO still has a reason to have to win.....so hopefully this game is a blowout!

Flip has the CLAMS the most worried now as he has a great chance of earning more points in the playoff teams in the scheduling department.....however, the CLAMS have GHOST covered by 19 in that department.....but who knows.....with 2 weeks to go, he has a chance to get some points for teams that make it as the CLAMS have a chance for teams to get knocked out of the playoffs!

I was devastated last week.....so happy for the STEELERS win....but so hurt that GHOST tied it all up! Now I have a chance to FINALLY wrap this competition up if the Pitt/Balt game can somehow get about 30 points (not including the 15 they get pre-game)!

papillon
12-27-2009, 09:33 AM
[quote="stlrz d":1u8aj0o0]At least I'm better than ESPN...so they should get rid of who they have and give me the job!

Well by your logic, poor ol' Pap would be the only unemployed hump outta the bunch! What happened there Pap!?!? :)

When two-thirds of the competators have a score in the five or six hundreds, I think Pappy's 285 is just as much of an accomplishment as the 805 by Clams and Ghost. Things really have to fall a certain way in order to achieve such a poor score. Kudos, Pap! I doubt that I could have a score in the two hundreds with only two weeks to go if I even tried (picking matchups that involved St. Louis, Cleveland, Detroit, Tampa, etc. every week). :Cheers :lol:[/quote:1u8aj0o0]

Thanks, I think. :Cheers

Pappy

papillon
12-27-2009, 09:37 AM
[quote="stlrz d":gezf3evh]At least I'm better than ESPN...so they should get rid of who they have and give me the job!

Well by your logic, poor ol' Pap would be the only unemployed hump outta the bunch! What happened there Pap!?!? :)[/quote:gezf3evh]

Too much :Beer while I was selecting my games for the :HeadBanger contest known as Monday Night Football Executive.

Here's a little something for all of you... :moon :moon :moon I'm :evil: and will be back with a vengeance next year, yea right :Blah

:P

Lets hope the Steelers bring one home today guys. :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Pappy

neclams
12-27-2009, 04:50 PM
ZIGGY HOOD gets his first sack today.....BONUS points for the CLAMS! :Boobs

neclams
12-27-2009, 10:42 PM
You are the only person that gets the 55 bonus points for a win and in with your CINCI/NYJ game!

You may only have 285 points.....but you can brag a little about the 55 points. I wanted the FOREDKINS to win so that I could get them with DALLAS next week....but I will step aside and let you take all the GLORY yourself!

GREAT PICK......finally....hehe.

Did I mention that ZIGGY HOOD got his first sack today? 50 point lead going into the last week and GHOST has the same game as I do.....here's to the CLAMS holding on for one more week! I need it.......to be this close and to lose the competition will be a heartbreaker!

GOOOOO STILLERS!

Lonbull
12-30-2009, 04:06 AM
Week 16

Neclams - 870
Ghost - 820
Flippinburghers - 820
BigLebowski - 760
Jigawatts - 740
Falconfan - 725
Doogie36 - 695
Lonbull - 675
Starlifter - 665
Steelerbot - 665
Meetjoegreene - 660
Jooser - 650
Ruthlessburgher - 625
JAR - 620
NBC - 610
Angry Asian - 610
Mshifko - 590
Chadman - 570
DSmith - 550
Strlz D - 550
WVSteeler - 545
Steelernation1 - 535
Pfelix73 - 535
Iron Shiek - 530
Chavezz - 530
ESPN- 480
Papillion - 300

Week 16 for many of us was a make or break weekend - and when everything was said and done NeClams extended his lead , while the rest of us simply ran out of steam. Unless a major upset can be had by Jigawatts, BigLebowski or former MNF Exec Champion Flippenburghers this game is merely just going through the motions, until we crown NeClams 2009 MNF Executive.

While I think it's improbable - I certainly don't think it's impossible, for an upset to be had. Last weekend Flippenburghers took a laughable Tampa v New Orleans game and walked away with the week's highest score of 95 points. So again it's not impossible.

I would like to add that a couple of MNF Exec. firsts have happened (or are about to happen). First of all - all of the Rookie Bonuses were "made" this year - with Ziggy Hood coming up big against the Ravens and not only getting his first career sack but his first turnover as well. Congrats to everyone who picked up those Rookie points this season.

The next first - will be enjoyed by Papillions all to himself - as this is the first season that anyone has picked up the "Week 17" points - granted last season was the first season they were introduced and that season unfortunately was cut short. So congratulations Papillion - you've had a tough season, but you're finishing strong.

Good Luck this weekend!

Your leader is in RED

Cincinnati @ NY Jets - (+65) - Papillion

Philadelphia @ Dallas – (+30) - Neclams, Mshifko, Dsmith, Ghost, Jooser, Chavezz, Starlifter, Chadman, Angry Asian

Green Bay @ Arizona – (+25) Ruthlessburgher, Lonbull, JAR

New England @ Houston - (+10) - Pfelix73

New York Giants @ Minnesota – (+10) - MeetjoeGreene, BigLebowski, Falconfan, Stlrz D, Doogie36

New Orleans @ Carolina - Steelernation1, WVSteeler, Flippinburghers

Tennessee @ Seattle - Iron Shiek

Kansas City @ Denver – Jigawatts

L.B.

Iron Shiek
12-30-2009, 09:25 AM
Cue the "Price is Right loser" horns for me with the Ten @ Sea pick.

stlrz d
12-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Cue the "Price is Right loser" horns for me with the Ten @ Sea pick.

http://priceisrightlosinghorn.com/

Iron Shiek
12-30-2009, 09:45 AM
[quote="Iron Shiek":s78vepvd]Cue the "Price is Right loser" horns for me with the Ten @ Sea pick.

http://priceisrightlosinghorn.com/[/quote:s78vepvd]

Awesome! I should make that my ringtone...

stlrz d
12-30-2009, 09:48 AM
[quote="stlrz d":1e31qfh1][quote="Iron Shiek":1e31qfh1]Cue the "Price is Right loser" horns for me with the Ten @ Sea pick.

http://priceisrightlosinghorn.com/[/quote:1e31qfh1]

Awesome! I should make that my ringtone...[/quote:1e31qfh1]

:P

Here's another one you can try: http://www.sadtrombone.com/

neclams
12-30-2009, 05:55 PM
I can see the GB/AZ game being a high scoring game. Both teams have explosive offenses. GB doesn't have a lot to play for, but nonetheless, they have something!

It has been a great season for this rookie, but I kept being told that crazy things happen, so I am still quite nervous. I am praying all games are double-digit differences on the scoreboard. :tt2

I would like to type more.....but DOOGIE36's momma :Boobs wants me to get back to doing what I do to her.....and if I am going to get my 75 cents worth, I am going to have to do that!

GOOD LUCK this weekend everyone!

neclams
01-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Not doubting the write-ups.....but doesn't Jiggy get 55 points for the Denver/KC game? Denver has not clinched and can get knocked out of the wildcard if they lose and certain other teams win.....but are in with a win. I could be wrong.....just want the scoring to be legit!

LonBull, am I being dumb here.....not sure of the ruling here or if I am missing something!

Thanks!

Ron

neclams
01-03-2010, 06:46 PM
DENVER needs NY Jets to lose to get in......OOPSIE!

LonBull.....I apologize for ever doubting your FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE! It's your game and I shouldn't have questioned it.....NFL.COM had the seedings messed up when I looked at it this morning!

Lonbull
01-05-2010, 01:43 AM
Finale

Monday Night Football Executive of the Year!

Neclams- 975

Flippinburghers - 913
Ghost - 910
BigLebowski - 867
Jigawatts - 833
Falconfan - 808
Doogie36 - 805
Lonbull - 775
Jooser - 770
Meetjoegreene - 755
NBC - 753
Starlifter - 749
Ruthlessburgher - 734
Angry Asian - 718
JAR - 717
Mshifko - 686
Chadman - 681
Strlz D - 654
DSmith - 640
Chavezz - 638
Pfelix73 - 635
Iron Shiek - 620
WVSteeler - 611
Steelernation1 - 610
ESPN- 543
Papillion - 428

The final week brought a conclusion to our MNF Executive Season - and as I look back on the season I look back to Week 2 when I wrote that an unorthodox newcomer named NeClams had my attention. By Week 9 the soon to be Monday Night Football Executive had taken the lead from former Champion Ghost and never relinquished it. In a game that so often turns on it's leaders and changes last place chumps into top of the board challengers in a blink of an eyes - this season lacked the abrupt changes we've so often seen in years past.

The difference maker may have been NeClams clever call on the bonus 55 points he got for calling the Detroit game correctly, and aside from that a late Ziggy Hood Rookie Bonus gave him a much needed 80 point cushion that clearly made a deciding difference to the game.

The final week also gave us a few surprises - Papillion was the week's high score with 65 points, so while Big Pappi certainly struggled this season - he finishes on a high note.

And while there's not much consolation in coming in at 2nd place - Flippinburghers actually scored the most "playoff" points with his schedule coming in at 93 points. Which ended up being a solid 20% better than most of the competition.

I find it very interesting that the two former Champions Flippinburghers and Ghost came so close again this season to repeating their former victories. Folks I don't know how they remain so consistent - but I find it very impressive!

To all of the Executives I thank you so much for making this such an enjoyable pursuit during the regular season - I mostly appreciate that you share in the misery I call Monday Night Football Executive.

I especially want to thank Ghost, because every season he double checks the scores (actually when the Steelers win he usually beats me in tallying up the scores) and without his help this game wouldn't be nearly as sharp - again Ghost I thank you!

Looking forward to seeing all of you back here by kickoff 2010 - but until then - congratulations to NeClams - you are the 2009 MNF Executive and your name is now in the Hall of Champions!

L.B.

MeetJoeGreene
01-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Thanks for running this again! Another fun year!

When next year comes around, I have an idea for a slight rule change -- make it so that you can only pick the same team 3 times....that is kind of what the networks do.

If you need help, give me some notice and I can put together a scoring spreadsheet that also validates this rule.... If we wanted to, we could have people PM you ...and we could send the spreadsheet for people to make the picks... might make scoring more automated.

stlrz d
01-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Thanks for running this and congrats to the winner!

It was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be...and good suggestions all around MJG.

RuthlessBurgher
01-05-2010, 10:07 AM

When next year comes around, I have an idea for a slight rule change -- make it so that you can only pick the same team 3 times....that is kind of what the networks do.

If you need help, give me some notice and I can put together a scoring spreadsheet that also validates this rule.... If we wanted to, we could have people PM you ...and we could send the spreadsheet for people to make the picks... might make scoring more automated.

Even though it wasn't a rule, I made it a point to not use any team more than twice when making my schedule. I used the Ratbirds and Jets once each, and used the Steelers, Colts, Texans, Titans, Asterisks, Chargers, Bears, Packers, Vikings, Falcons, Panthers, Saints, Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, and Cardinals twice each.

Starlifter
01-05-2010, 12:21 PM
first time out. i enjoyed it greatly. Thanks Lon and others who helped. I hope I have a better handle on it for next year. As Mrs. Starlifter says - the sky's the limit!!!

neclams
01-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Let me first say thank you for the honor of being the Champ and getting this opportunity to accept the MNFE Championship Crown.

I would like to thank the following people:

1. Doogie36. His real name is Robert and we served in the Navy together. We are both competitive and always get each other to join competitions we find. He brought this to my attention and I gladly filled out my schedule. We share a similar belief.....we don't care if we lose AS LONG AS the other person DOESN'T win. Well, Doogie, I won!

2. LonBull. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into this competition. It is a great concept and you are right, it does take a little luck to win this thing. You do a great job keeping everyone interested and I really looked forward to your Tuesday morning posts. :Clap I do remember the week 2 "unorthodox" comment....I was going to use that in this speech, but you beat me to the punch.....kinda like those many Monday's when I beat you to the punch....touche' !!!!! :Beer

3. FlippinBurghers and Ghost. The old adage goes, "In order to be the best, you have to beat the best!". You guys had some great picks this year and really had me biting my nails in the end. Ghost tying me up going into week 16 made it all that more worrisome. I knew FlippinBurghers had more points for the schedule, so I was a bit nervous about him having a big game in week 17 and was just hoping my 30 point bonus would be enough. You guys pushed me to the limit....and I thank you. When you guys were above me in the standings (way back when), I just wanted to be able to be a contender in the end. I judged my performance on how I compared to the past champions.....I am pleased to have done so well against you. I didn't expect to win, but like LonBull says, anything can happen in MNFE! Thanks for a great season you two.....way to push me down to the wire! To both of you...thanks..... :Cheers

NOW FOR SOME AWARDS:

The "I should not play this game" Award: Papillion (428 points - only team Clams doubled)

The "Highest-Climber" Award: LonBull (finished 8th after being way at the bottom)

NOW FOR RUBBING IT IN.....LONBULL GAVE ME PERMISSION TO CALL YOU BITCHES!

The "Best Rookie" Award: Dumasses, he won the damn competition......NEClams!

AND MORE RUBBING IT IN

It's no surprise I won.....I had (or tied) the weekly high score a league leading 6 times! Jigawatts did it 5 times.....had he picked the NE/INDY game....he finishes 2nd....instead he accepted 25 points points for that week instead of 145.....nice pick! Next in line with 4 weekly high scores were FlippinBurghers, FalconFan, Doogie36, SteelerBot, Jooser, AngryAsian and RuthlessBurgher.....but as good as they were, they all spent AT LEAST one week in the "Goose-Egg Lounge", FlippinBurghers spent 2 of the last 5 weeks there....and it may have cost him! :loser

Speaking of the "Goose-Egg Lounge", what does it look like? This Champion never spent a week in there! In fact, this Champion never spent a week in there! In all actuality, NE"2009MNFECHAMPS"CLAMS never scored less than 20 points! Maybe we should add a bonus for next year....everyone pick a week, and if I get 0 points that week, you get a bonus 25 points.....I'm just saying! Hint, first 5 weeks, because my .500 vs .500 or better was pretty solid after week 5!

Then there is Ghost.....you lost to a rookie. :moon Oh wait, let's back track a little....I believe you said something like "Beware Clams, I am a 2nd half team". Well, Ghost, this ROOKIE out scored you by 90 points in weeks 9-17 (and that does not include the play-off points)......hmmmmmmm......90 points over 9 weeks.....can you do the math on that? 10 points a week. Look out folks......he tears it up in the second half. :loser

BigLewbowski, I got nothing for ya.....you are safe. You never spent a week this season in the "Lounge" either. You finished in fourth. Really got nothing to rub in. I feel like you were trying to mimmick my every move and we call that "respect".....it's "respect" when someone wants to be like me....but you're not! That's the best I can do!

Moving down the totem pole.....StarLifter, MeetJoeGreene, MsHifko, NBC, Chadman, DSmith, Chavezz, PFelix, IronShiek, WVSteeler, SteelerNation1, ESPN and Papillion all spent weeks in the "Goose-Egg Lounge". Some.....more then others. The leader was 3 weeks in the season. How did AngryAsian finish so high when he spent 3 weeks with 0 points? But so did Chadman, PFelix, SteelerNation1, ESPN and Papillion! You guys really suck at scoring....I'm not the only one that thinks that....I hear a lot of the ladies say you can't score with them either! I'm not one to start rumors, but that's what I heard! They say you can't even get to second base....so here is second base for you... :Boobs

Now for the Commissioner...LonBull. You keep saying you want to win this competition sometime in the future. WELL, next year when we send you our schedules, maybe you should look at my schedule, along with Ghost's and Flippinburghers and take some notes prior to filling out your schedule! Just a thought. I would go with FlippinBurghers as he had 2 weeks with 0 points, yet still came in second place! :tt1

I said to myself that I would include EVERYONE in my speech, so I have to bring this up. Only 7 teams avoided the 0-point weeks. 5 of those 7 people finished in the top 6. The other 2, JAR and StlrzD, finished in the bottom half.....15th and 18th. They didn't even beat AngryAsian, and AA had 3 weeks of 0 points. You could say good picking.....but was it really? I mean, to finish in the bottom half and not even get to have a coctail in the "Goose-Egg Lounge" is like losing twice. :wft

Lastly, I will be starting an on-line course, MNFE 101, for those of you that want to be contenders next year!

Oh, I almost forgot.....to Doogie.......your mom! Enough said on that!

Well, bitches, until next year, bow down ( :Bow ) to the Champ! After all, :owned !

Ronald Martin
neclams@yahoo.com

Lonbull
01-05-2010, 05:18 PM

MJG - I completely agree with your idea, however I'm just taking a different approach to it.

The game in someways takes care of that on it's own - after all many players who used the Titans several times this season - paid for it. So putting all of your eggs in one basket is dangerous to begin with. I also include the Bonus points as a way of enticing players to "go for it" with teams that usually aren't very competitive.

While I appreciate the Spreadsheet idea, and would love to see it - I don't think it's necessary to limit players - Because I've never seen anyone do particularly well by picking one team for more than 4 times.

This year's champion didn't exceed using one team more than 3 times.

**However the main reason I've never enforced a rule like that is because I usually get all of the schedules within a day or two before kickoff - and I rarely have the time to comb through them and find errors before the first weekend - so if I had the technology you're talking about - I'd certainly consider it.

L.B.

Lonbull
01-05-2010, 05:22 PM
first time out. i enjoyed it greatly. Thanks Lon and others who helped. I hope I have a better handle on it for next year. As Mrs. Starlifter says - the sky's the limit!!!

Starlifter (and all) -

It's my pleasure - I really enjoy having a good crew and watching the ups and downs of this game - better luck next season.

L.B.

Lonbull
01-05-2010, 05:36 PM
2. LonBull. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into this competition. It is a great concept and you are right, it does take a little luck to win this thing. You do a great job keeping everyone interested and I really looked forward to your Tuesday morning posts. :Clap I do remember the week 2 "unorthodox" comment....I was going to use that in this speech, but you beat me to the punch.....kinda like those many Monday's when I beat you to the punch....touche' !!!!!

When I saw your schedule I noticed you only had one Tennessee game and after Week 3 (and the Detroit Bonus) I thought you'd have a shot at doing very well. This year was different in a way because usually the lead changes and players who often do well early tend to fade down the stretch - this season that really didn't happen - you and Ghost held the top spot for the bulk of the season.

The "Highest-Climber" Award: LonBull (finished 8th after being way at the bottom)

I have never been in the top spot in my own game.....how is that possible!

Now for the Commissioner...LonBull. You keep saying you want to win this competition sometime in the future. WELL, next year when we send you our schedules, maybe you should look at my schedule, along with Ghost's and Flippinburghers and take some notes prior to filling out your schedule! Just a thought. I would go with FlippinBurghers as he had 2 weeks with 0 points, yet still came in second place!

Actually while we're on the topic I try NOT to look at people's schedules until after I've finished my own. Because I offer the "ninja" status (as A.A. calls it) to players before the first kickoff - I don't look at players schedules - whom I know understand the game. Occasionally when I see a new players schedule I'll look through it just to make sure they "get" it. So in other words unless Flip and Ghost post their schedules on the main board I usually don't look at it until that glorious first Thursday (which now seems so far away)!

And because I kind of suck at my own game :HeadBanger You can rest assured that I'm probably telling the truth.

Lastly, I will be starting an on-line course, MNFE 101, for those of you that want to be contenders next year!

My revenge will be that now you're hooked to a game that can bring so much misery to any player. I'll go ahead and start making your reservations for the Goose Egg Lounge now - my guess is you're going to need it next season. But until then you are the Champ.

L.B.

JAR
01-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Yes, thanks Lon. This is a great game and this year, for awhile anyway, was the best I've ever done.

stlrz d
01-05-2010, 10:01 PM
I said to myself that I would include EVERYONE in my speech, so I have to bring this up. Only 7 teams avoided the 0-point weeks. 5 of those 7 people finished in the top 6. The other 2, JAR and StlrzD, finished in the bottom half.....15th and 18th. They didn't even beat AngryAsian, and AA had 3 weeks of 0 points. You could say good picking.....but was it really? I mean, to finish in the bottom half and not even get to have a coctail in the "Goose-Egg Lounge" is like losing twice. :wft

I don't drink...bitches.

Oh wait, it's singular here, right...bitch?

:lol:

Hilarious post...loved it!

Now get your ass to posting more often than just on this game thread!

neclams
01-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Hilarious post...loved it!

Now get your bad word to posting more often than just on this game thread![/quote]

It could have been funnier, but I had to take into consideration the fact that

1. I don't really know you guys and did not want to offend anyone....afterall, we are all on here to have fun and enjoy ourselves!

and....

2. I wasn't sure what age group views this....I didn't want to get to graphic if someone's 12 year-old daughter (whom I think Big Lebowski may be....finally, had something for him - or her), so I had to keep it clean!

dsmith
01-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Congrats NEclams. I am looking forward to how you do next year. It seems that people that do good one year continually do good the following years. And people that suck continue to suck. :cry:

Lonbull - thanks for doing this. I haven't spent much time on the board this year, but this is one of those unique games that I enjoy more every year.

Falcons Fans - congrats on beating me in this game on your first try. As can be seen by the scores though a monkey flinging feces at a chart could beat me at this f - ing game.

For all those that beat me, I give you a double middle finger salute:

..!.. :x ..!..

flippy
01-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Congrats NEClams!!!!! Every once in a while a blind squirrel finds a nut. ;)

Lonbull, Ghost, and I agreed we had to let someone else win this year so everyone didn't give up on this fun little game. If a noob can win it, well, there's hope for everyone. Hang in there dsmitty, you were the fastest out of the gate in the original game if I remember correctly.

And I'd just like to take a moment to say this - F the NFC South. I expected Carolina, Tampa, and NO to be 8-8 or 9-7 teams duking it out in the final weeks of the season for playoff spots. Boy was I wrong.

In all seriousness, thanks everyone for making this a fun game again.....LB for the writeups and LB/Ghost for scoring, and everyone for competiting.

Now Down Goes NEClams!!!!!!!

Who's got next?

Lonbull
01-06-2010, 09:27 PM
And I'd just like to take a moment to say this - F the NFC South. I expected Carolina, Tampa, and NO to be 8-8 or 9-7 teams duking it out in the final weeks of the season for playoff spots. Boy was I wrong.

In all seriousness, thanks everyone for making this a fun game again.....LB for the writeups and LB/Ghost for scoring, and everyone for competiting.

Now Down Goes NEClams!!!!!!!

Who's got next?

Classic! :tt2

Lonbull
01-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Falcons Fans - congrats on beating me in this game on your first try. As can be seen by the scores though a monkey flinging feces at a chart could beat me at this f - ing game.

I swear every year I look at my schedule and think - this is it....everybody is going to have a schedule just like mine, because ---- well it's OBVIOUS who the good teams are going to be this season.....and then around Week 4 I wonder :wft was I thinking!

Every. Year.

L.B.

Doogie36
01-07-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm just sorry i introduced him to this game......GEEZ.....talk about crazy man....LOL.........After reading his posts you'd think the STEELERS just won the darn SUPERBOWL.............LOL

I do agree for next year we should only be allowed to pick the same team no more then 3 times.

Congrats CLAMS.....lucky bastard

neclams
01-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Keep the rules the same.

I didn't pick any single team a bunch of times....it's called betting with your brain, not your heart!

There is no need for a rule change, if you don't want to pick the same team 8 times, then don't!

Some times you need to.....how else can you have chance at the same division .600 or better or even .500 or better?

It just takes a little discipline!

PLUS, if we have 3 pick max, how is STEELERBOT gonna play?

Jooser
01-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Holy Smokes! I can't believe I finished inside the top 10. I'm a little teared up!

RuthlessBurgher
01-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Holy Smokes! I can't believe I finished inside the top 10. I'm a little teared up!

"I'm a little verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic. Rhode Island is neither a road nor is it an island. Discuss."

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gjtf86CIY5s/Sn55nZspgQI/AAAAAAAAACk/mBFrJMr5xDU/s320/coffeetalk.jpg