PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Steelers Defensive MVP

Discipline of Steel
08-26-2009, 07:37 PM
...and the award goes to

James Harrison

By all accounts, he is more ferocious than ever. He blasted FattMaxx back into Ben to cause his current injury. I dont think the league gets a handle on him this year, no way. Especially if they are tighter on holding calls as promised. What do you think?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-26-2009, 11:27 PM
Just out of curiosity, with 12 men on the list why is our starting RE not there?

Is there really a greater chance of Deshea or Ziggy being our DPOY than Keisel?

Discipline of Steel
08-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Just out of curiosity, with 12 men on the list why is our starting RE not there?

Is there really a greater chance of Deshea or Ziggy being our DPOY than Keisel?

So far with Zigs, the answer is yes.
DT? I just like him better.

Mel Blount's G
08-27-2009, 05:25 AM
L-Wood gets my vote. He will emerge as a supreme force and be rag-dolling qb's all year long

frankthetank1
08-27-2009, 07:15 AM
im pretty shocked no one voted for troy. i was torn between troy woodley and harrison but went with harrison

RuthlessBurgher
08-27-2009, 07:41 AM
im pretty shocked no one voted for troy. i was torn between troy woodley and harrison but went with harrison

I was surprised that I was the one who broke Troy's voteless streak among the first 13 voters. Troy had an MVP level season last year that was overshadowed by Harrison's record breaking year. Everything from the diving fingertip interceptions to the backward tackle to the return TD to clinch the division against Flacco's eyebrow.

stlrz d
08-27-2009, 09:57 AM
I was torn between Troy and Woodley.

I just think the presence of Timmons is going to put even more pressure on O lines to pick their poison and they definitely won't lose focus on Harrison...and I suspect Timmons rushing from the inside will command more attention as well, meaning the RB will have to commit to him. So I'm thinking by default teams will leave a guy one on one with Woodley since he's not coming from the blind side. Mistake. :)

Plus backside pressure from Jimmy Hate and inside pressure from Timmons may flush QBs right to a waiting Woodley.

ikestops85
08-27-2009, 10:54 AM

I just think the presence of Timmons is going to put even more pressure on O lines to pick their poison and they definitely won't lose focus on Harrison...and I suspect Timmons rushing from the inside will command more attention as well, meaning the RB will have to commit to him. So I'm thinking by default teams will leave a guy one on one with Woodley since he's not coming from the blind side. Mistake. :)

Plus backside pressure from Jimmy Hate and inside pressure from Timmons may flush QBs right to a waiting Woodley.

+1

SteelBucks
08-27-2009, 12:47 PM
I'll think outside the box and say Farrior. He's reliable, always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Heck, he got screwed out of the Defensive Player of the Year award only a couple of seasons ago, so you know he has a lot left in the tank.

grotonsteel
08-27-2009, 03:29 PM

:Agree