PDA

View Full Version : M. Vick an Eagle

anger 82&95
08-14-2009, 06:20 AM
Michael Vick, recently reinstated to the NFL after being freed from federal prison after a dogfighting-related conviction, has signed a two-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles, according to his agent, Joel Segal. The former Atlanta Falcons quarterback reports to Philadelphia on Friday, Segal told CNN. Details of the deal were not immediately available Thursday night.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/08/13/vick.eagles/index.html

SteelBucks
08-14-2009, 07:20 AM
"Hide your beagle, Vick's an Eagle."

Heard that one driving in to work here in Philly. :D

phillyesq
08-14-2009, 09:33 AM
"Hide your beagle, Vick's an Eagle."

Heard that one driving in to work here in Philly. :D

Haha -- that is great!

Like I said in the other thread, this is a double win for those of us in Philly. Not only do we not have to hear the nonsense about Vick to the Steelers, we get to revel in the controversy over here.

feltdizz
08-14-2009, 10:06 AM
I love it.. I bet Donavon begged for this.. no more of the crazy.. bring in the back up talk after McNabb has a bad game...LOL!!!

Philly fans deserve a guy like Vick.. it takes pressure off of McNabb and Reid(who has 2 jail bird thugged out heroine dealing kids)

but anyway... I'm glad the whole Vick to who talk is done..

kindlecatsb'ng
08-14-2009, 04:53 PM
PRICELESS:

"All of this on a night that the Vick news broke!

The dog killer is going to the Eagles, which is a heck of a lot better than him coming to the Steelers. There was just no way that was going to happen. The Rooneys aren't into convicted felons. Their team doesn't need the sort of distraction that Vick would cause.

Philadelphia can have Vick. It deserves him.

The only regret? Vick didn't sign with Cleveland."

Ron Cook can be reached at rcook@post-gazette.com

birtikidis
08-14-2009, 05:16 PM
I was hopeful that vick would rot in hell.
guess i got my wish.

Lonbull
08-14-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm curious as to what the Eagles are doing here.

I mean they have a very solid trio at QB with:

Donovan McNabb - Starter
Kevin Kolb - Young Back-up that should be ready to take over if necessary.
A.J. Feeley - Perfect 3rd String guy who has plenty of game experience and knows the system well.

And then you add Michael Vick??????

Sounds to me like someone just became very expendable....but who?

The Eagles aren't going to trade away Kevin Kolb - unless they've figured out he's a complete bust.

They shouldn't trade A.J. Feeley who has plenty of experience and makes all the sense in the world as a 3rd String guy.

And then there's McNabb.....now that makes you wonder --- Doesn't McNabb reuniting with his old Offensive Coordinator - Head Coach Brad Childress - up in Minnesota (who could desperately use a guy like McNabb) make a lot of sense?

Is McNabb worth a 1st or 2nd round draft pick to the Vikings???

To me it sounds like Highway robbery - however with the defense the Vikings have, the running game and the solid WR corp they have - QB is the only thing they really need.

Just a thought - because Vick to the Eagles doesn't make much sense without someone being moved. And why would the Eagles move any of the QB's they have unless they think they can get something of value.

This could end up being a real shake-up.

L.B.

NKySteeler
08-14-2009, 11:54 PM
Hate to tell all the Vick fans out there... But he's gonna be worse, not better.

He spent two years in prison, with no coaching, and no instruction as to tweaking his abilities.

Do you think he said; "Hey, you're in here for killing your teacher, so you can work out with me." or "You're in here for slashing your mother's throat, so you can run routes for me to practice my passing skills."

The qb position in the NFL is a highly skilled position, and being removed as long as he was without any coaching or quality work, Vick's skills have only diminished. It's common sense.

... McNabb is the starter, and barring any sort of meltdown between him and coaching/management during the season, Vick will "serve" (pardon the pun) one year in Philly then move on to somewhere else... I don't see the bigger "2nd year" numbers being a factor because it is at the team's descretion....