PDA

View Full Version : Chargers Vs. Steelers 3rd Quarter

Jigawatts
07-31-2009, 06:00 PM
Thought this would be fun to make before the season starts.

One of the most dominate quarters ever. :tt1

[youtube:2fc6pets]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RX3M3Bt0aT4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RX3M3Bt0aT4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:2fc6pets]

RuthlessBurgher
07-31-2009, 06:29 PM
That quarter was nice. One offensive play for the Chargers which resulted in an interception. But the most dominant quarter of football ever has to the 2nd quarter of Super Bowl XXII in which the Redskins scored 35 points and the Broncos scored nothing.

papillon
07-31-2009, 07:06 PM
Impressive, but I wouldn't call it dominant. Here's why:

4 third and long conversions
Gave up a long return
Got the ball back with 6 minutes and change and had to punt.
Hitting the guys helmet was pure luck
Stuffed on the last play of the quarter

That was typical Steeler football; it was wild ride last year guys and gals. I'd like to see a little more consistent offense this year.

The most astounding statement during that clip: "The pocket was sealed" I wasn't used to hearing that last year. :stirpot

Pappy

Jigawatts
07-31-2009, 07:19 PM
Chargers had the ball 17 seconds the entire quarter.

I don't care how it happened, that's dominating your opponent.

Uncle Rico
07-31-2009, 08:07 PM

[youtube:3fag0hvl]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RX3M3Bt0aT4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RX3M3Bt0aT4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:3fag0hvl]
That's good stuff right there.

proudpittsburgher
08-01-2009, 10:05 AM

[youtube:1bi7i89c]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RX3M3Bt0aT4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RX3M3Bt0aT4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:1bi7i89c]
That's good stuff right there.

One could argue that the third quarter against the Patriots* earlier in the year was the most dominating, but that was because it involved a lot of turnovers, and some slobberknocker hitting. And a certain sense of "take that MFers", because our hatred for the Chargers isn't as high as it is for the Pats**. :Beer

stlrz d
08-01-2009, 10:24 AM
This has me pumped for that Sunday night game!!!

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

My vacation request has already been submitted and approved!

fordfixer
08-01-2009, 10:29 AM

Darn i was hoping to get your ticket from you :lol:

stlrz d
08-01-2009, 11:06 AM

:moon

fordfixer
08-01-2009, 12:14 PM
[quote="stlrz d":38h640f6]This has me pumped for that Sunday night game!!!

:moon[/quote:38h640f6]

Now that's just not nice :Hater :lol:

Jooser
08-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Well, this post has me fire up today to really watch some football. Since my honey-do list is done for the day, I decided to turn on the Chargers game and watch it all. This hasn't quenched my fire yet, so I'll probably keep going until I watch the Super Bowl. :tt2

A few things I took away from this game:

-Santonio Holmes - Wow. If 'Tone picks back up where he left off, he's going to the Pro Bowl this year. He is truly gifted and is wasted at times in this offense. He has incredible speed and usually catches anything thrown his way that's within reason. Ben over threw him twice in this game where he had the coverage absolutely smoked ( :D ).

-Willie Parker- 149 yrds. and two TDs. The running game was working very well this game. We were using our third TE McHugh as a blocking FB, and what do you know, it worked! I hope Carey Davis is gone before week one.

-Big Ben- Came back from his injury and had a great game. He made good decisions with the ball and his arm was fresh. His passes were crisp and tight and on the money for the most part (except the 2 to 'tonio). Our 2 minute offense is the stuff of legends after the Super Bowl, but the drive for 7 at the end of the half really got our offense cranking.

-Lamarr Woodley- If you're not an NFL tackle, he's going to bull rush right over you, even if you are a tackle, he'll still rush over you most of the time. The Chargers were using RB's and TE's to try to stop him, but to no avail. Wood's a beast. He played a great game vs. the Chargers and throughout the playoffs. I predict he'll be even bigger this year.

-James Harrison- The league has your number, bad boy. Jimmy Hate was held the whole game. The Charger's tackle McNiell looked like a star on professional wrestling. Jimmy ate him alive the whole game and never got one holding call-an absolute crime. The only way to stop him is to take him down by the jersey.

-Stellar Defense- A once in a lifetime group that plays lights out 99% of the time. They abuse and confuse the opponents offense into submission. If this group would quit making the occasional mental mistake, they'd hold most opponents to less than 10 pts. per game. Sprole's TD at the end of this game was rediculous, and shouldn't have happened.

-Cornerbacks- Neither Ike nor McFadden looked good this game. They were both getting torched too often. Ike has absolutely no nose for the ball. He's big and he's fast and that keeps him in most plays. The first TD by SD though was all on Ike. He got smoked and then committed PI at the end, so SD had the ball on the one even if Jackson hadn't caught it. I think this is an area for improvement.

-Short Yardage Rushing- Need I bang my head any more here. This game was a blow out if we could've scored from the one. This was constant theme last season and I think Tomlin will fix it this season.

-Willie Colon- He got called for illegal formation. After that play I started to watch him. He really telegraphs the play call with the way he lines up. When it's a run play, he's waaaayy up there on the line, on the pass plays, he cheats waaaaay back. I realize that this is normal for tackles to creep back when they are setting up for pass protection, but Willie takes it to an extreme. (it's true, just watch :wink: )

Well, that's my 0.20 cents, I guess I'm gonna watch the AFCCG now. Peace out, my Steeler brethren!

Jooser
08-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Half time of the AFCCG, and I'm still laughing at Mitch Berger. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

100$handshake
08-01-2009, 06:25 PM
3rd QTR of the Chargers game? Thanks for reminding me ! Comcast went dead in Western Pa and most of us missed the third and half the 4th QTR !

Lonbull
08-01-2009, 11:12 PM
The Two distinct memories I have about this game (thanks for the link by the way) is that -

A. I hated how "lucky" we were getting in this quarter. Yeah I know it's a strange thing to read, but it always seems that when the Steelers get really lucky in one game they follow it with the ball bouncing the other way the next. I'd prefer to watch a game where the Steelers win on talent and determination, and the other team has to hope for luck.

B. I remember as soon as the ball was tipped on Philip Rivers pass - I started thinking about all of the posts (pre-2004 NFL Draft) on the former message board about how his unusual throwing motion could lead to an unusually high amount of tipped balls from the Defensive Line of scrimmage. It just seemed like the ball hung in the air for five minutes, and in that time I'm thinking "huh - that was a good call by those NFL Scouts, and how about that Steelers Message Board for posting it!"

L.B.

mshifko
08-02-2009, 10:21 PM

i'm with ya on this JIGA man PIMP C and B-U-N B

RuthlessBurgher
08-03-2009, 09:39 AM

I have no idea what you just said. :lol:

Jigawatts
08-03-2009, 01:53 PM
3rd QTR of the Chargers game? Thanks for reminding me ! Comcast went dead in Western Pa and most of us missed the third and half the 4th QTR !

I'd hate to be a customer service representative for Comcast that day. :D

shifko's Big Pimpin', that's all.

Let's RI-I-I-I-I-IDE.

RuthlessBurgher
08-03-2009, 02:06 PM

I'd hate to be a customer service representative for Comcast that day. :D

shifko's Big Pimpin', that's all.

Let's RI-I-I-I-I-IDE.

I'm obviously not up to that level, my bruthas...

http://temple.fpsbanana.com/ico/sprays/medium.jpg

Ghost
08-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Not being able to advance the football on a muffed punt is the lamest rule ever. Should have been a TD for Gay.