PDA

View Full Version : Half way through the 2009 season

jj28west
07-25-2009, 11:24 AM
OK guys,

I can only get away with a question like this in the dead of the summer off season.

What and who do you think will be a pleasant suprise 1/2 way through that will be taking alot of thread space on the steeler boards?

At the same time what or who do you think would we most likely would be b!tchn about 1/2 way through?

I personally have no sure clue although I hope we will be praising the improvement of our field position thanks to Daniel's punting and the two rookies returning kicks and punts.

I also do not hope Gay (I know he played great last year) becomes a target for opposong teams due to Ike being a shutdown corner at times.

One thing I can guarantee is that we will be talking about Ariens in a good or bad way. :D

RuthlessBurgher
07-25-2009, 11:46 AM
OK guys,

I can only get away with a question like this in the dead of the summer off season.

What and who do you think will be a pleasant suprise 1/2 way through that will be taking alot of thread space on the steeler boards?

At the same time what or who do you think would we most likely would be b!tchn about 1/2 way through?

I personally have no sure clue although I hope we will be praising the improvement of our field position thanks to Daniel's punting and the two rookies returning kicks and punts.

I also do not hope Gay (I know he played great last year) becomes a target for opposong teams due to Ike being a shutdown corner at times.

One thing I can guarantee is that we will be talking about Ariens in a good or bad way. :D

That's fine...attack Gay. If the QB throws at Ike's side, it would result in more passes defensed, because Ike can make a play on the ball to knock it down, but cannot catch it reliably. If the QB throws at Gay's side, it would result in more interceptions, since Big Play Willie Gay is more of a playmaker (it terms of at least actually catching balls that hit him square in the hands).

RuthlessBurgher
07-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Oh, and by the way, in addition to the improvements in the punting and return departments, I think we will be impressed with the improvements from Mendenhall and Sweed. Both should be solid contributors by mid-season, starting to show what our F.O. thought of them when they were first day draft picks.

Jooser
07-25-2009, 11:52 AM
I agree with RB, I think Sweed and Mendenhall will both surprise us. I think we'll still be bitching about Ben throwing INTs and taking sacks. It's ok though, as long as we win.

Discipline of Steel
07-25-2009, 12:21 PM
I think we will be pleasantly surprised by the diversity of our attack after Arians installs a power running package featuring Summers as a true FB and a version of wildcat featuring D Dixon at the helm.