PDA

View Full Version : Apparently Sirius NFL

stlrz d
07-22-2009, 08:46 PM
feels that Ray Rice is going to lead the AFCN in rushing.

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=207537

Discuss....

Jom112
07-22-2009, 09:42 PM
I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if he does. Don't think he will be the leading rusher, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Parker and Mendenhall will probably split carries more than last season. Plus Moore will take time away from both on 3rd downs.

Benson although looks improved still has to play the Steelers and Ravens twice a year, so there are 4 games that you can count where he'll be under 90 yards rushing. I'd be happy with 80 yards in those games.

Jamal Lewis, is well Jamal Lewis.

Ray Rice could be one McGahee injury/rehab setback away from having a good shot at the most rushing yards in the AFCN. Plus he's been the #1 back, with McGahee as the #2 so far this offseason in the Raven's practices...

RuthlessBurgher
07-23-2009, 09:22 AM
Don't care what the raw numbers are, as long as Willie Parker, Rashard Mendenhall, Mewelde Moore, etc. lead the AFC North in wins. It never bothered me when Carson Palmer had more passing yards than Ben, if Ben had more wins. Stats are for fantasy football.

phillyesq
07-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Don't care what the raw numbers are, as long as Willie Parker, Rashard Mendenhall, Mewelde Moore, etc. lead the AFC North in wins. It never bothered me when Carson Palmer had more passing yards than Ben, if Ben had more wins. Stats are for fantasy football.

:Clap :Clap :Clap

I completely agree. As long as some combination of Steelers back is effective running the football, I'm not too worried about their individual stats.

Oviedo
07-23-2009, 10:18 AM
feels that Ray Rice is going to lead the AFCN in rushing.

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=207537

Discuss....

He may because the Ravens are going to have to run a ton after they realize Flacco is not the next Brett Favre/Dan Marino and the league has him figured out.

stlrz d
07-23-2009, 06:21 PM
I agree that stats are for fantasy football...my point is that he's done nothing to show that he's the back capable of putting up the most yardage in the division.

RuthlessBurgher
07-23-2009, 07:17 PM
I agree that stats are for fantasy football...my point is that he's done nothing to show that he's the back capable of putting up the most yardage in the division.

Considering that he had the 3rd most rushing yardage on his own d@mn team last year (McClain 902 yards and 10 TD's, McGahee 671 yards and 7 TD's, Rice 454 yards and no TD's), you probably have a point.

stlrz d
07-23-2009, 07:41 PM

Considering that he had the 3rd most rushing yardage on his own d@mn team last year (McClain 902 yards and 10 TD's, McGahee 671 yards and 7 TD's, Rice 454 yards and no TD's), you probably have a point.

Why thank you. :D

Jooser
07-23-2009, 07:56 PM
atta boy...

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii35/Lepchin/blackheavenboobsmotivation.jpg :D

Jom112
07-24-2009, 12:15 AM

To play devils advocate, Ray Rice also had 273 yards receiving. Not a lot I know, but he did show some versatility out there. He could be a back that doesn't need to be taken out of games because he can't catch out of the backfield. He's not elite by any means but I think I've seen enough to say I wouldn't be surprised if he lead the AFCN in rushing...

Iron Shiek
07-24-2009, 01:17 AM
I've got some great, sound analysis to conclude this thread:

Ray Rice sucks donkey balls. :ratsuck

Not bad, eh?

stlrz d
07-24-2009, 06:21 AM

To play devils advocate, Ray Rice also had 273 yards receiving. Not a lot I know, but he did show some versatility out there. He could be a back that doesn't need to be taken out of games because he can't catch out of the backfield. He's not elite by any means but I think I've seen enough to say I wouldn't be surprised if he lead the AFCN in rushing...

I'd be shocked.

Iron Shiek
07-24-2009, 08:41 AM
[quote="stlrz d":vryslgdq]I agree that stats are for fantasy football...my point is that he's done nothing to show that he's the back capable of putting up the most yardage in the division.

I'd be shocked.[/quote:vryslgdq]

This is how shocked I'd be: :shock: or :wft

Jom112
07-24-2009, 09:35 AM
I'd be shocked.

Considering Jamal Lewis lead the AFCN in rushing last season, I wouldn't...

RuthlessBurgher
07-24-2009, 01:40 PM

The yards he gets catching the ball out of the backfield doesn't count toward his rushing totals, so while his all-purpose yardage may end up being pretty good, I still don't see him leading the division in actual rushing yardage (but stranger things have happened).

stlrz d
07-24-2009, 09:29 PM
I'd be shocked.

Your boy Benson will have more rushing yards than Rice.

Jom112
07-24-2009, 11:45 PM
[quote="stlrz d":30xs9eea]

I'd be shocked.

Your boy Benson will have more rushing yards than Rice.[/quote:30xs9eea]

That would be my pick. I think Benson will have the most yards in the AFCN, especially considering that Willie and Rice will be splitting carries a lot more than him.

I just hope as a team our rushing total per game will be in the top half of the league this year...