PDA

View Full Version : Total Access tonight

rpmpit
07-21-2009, 09:01 PM
So the Steelers were No. 1 on the "32 Teams in 32 Days" thing on Total Access. Figures they have that piece of crap Irvin on tonight to discuss them. He basically said that Tom Brady coming back makes the Patriots his No. 1 team. I know it shouldn't bother us, but I really wish we were playing the Pats on opening night this year :twisted:

Why do all of these "experts" forget that the Giants defense dominated the Pats in Brady's last meaningful game? And although we get pressure on the edge and not up the middle like the Giants, we can definitely be in his face all game long.

Discuss. Figured we needed something else to talk about today besides Ben's lawsuit.

Steelgal
07-22-2009, 09:42 AM
As soon as Irvin brought up Tom Brady, I turned it. He's never said anything positive for the STeelers and never will. I did catch the tail end of it and one of the other guys was trying to refute Irvin's points. I can listen to a lot of different commentators/opinions, but Irvins just isn't one of them. He's a douchebag :loser

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
07-22-2009, 05:59 PM
As soon as Irvin brought up Tom Brady, I turned it. He's never said anything positive for the STeelers and never will. I did catch the tail end of it and one of the other guys was trying to refute Irvin's points. I can listen to a lot of different commentators/opinions, but Irvins just isn't one of them. He's a douchebag :loser

You should have stuck it out to hear Marshal Faulk and Fran Charles ( I think thats the dudes name ) defend the ranking. I expected Faulk to be a Pasterick lover and spew the hate but he surprised me. Something like "Are they still gonna be playing defense in Pittsburgh?" , they even went so far as to say this civil suit could give the Steelers the us against the world mentality and the edge they need to repeat. He was put in his place and I loved it, now when they did the stupid 21st and prime I turned it off. I can handle Irvin alone but not with Deion

Irvin and Sanders <- :moon .

Acero
07-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Yeah, it was actually Fran Charles who said

"Are they still going to play defense in Pittsburgh?"

"Is Polamalu going to be lining up for them?"

"Is James Harrison still playing for them?"

Something to that effect. In other words, he told Irvin the Steelers D trumps Brady's comeback (which many are already assuming will be successful).

rpmpit
07-22-2009, 06:32 PM

You should have stuck it out to hear Marshal Faulk and Fran Charles ( I think thats the dudes name ) defend the ranking. I expected Faulk to be a Pasterick lover and spew the hate but he surprised me. Something like "Are they still gonna be playing defense in Pittsburgh?" , they even went so far as to say this civil suit could give the Steelers the us against the world mentality and the edge they need to repeat. He was put in his place and I loved it, now when they did the stupid 21st and prime I turned it off. I can handle Irvin alone but not with Deion

Irvin and Sanders <- :moon .

Faulk is the farthest thing from a Pat lover in the media today. Remember, it was his Rams that got robbed of a Super Bowl by those scum bags. I remember when the story first broke about the videotaping of the Rams pre-Super Bowl walk through, he really let the Pats have it on Total Access. They must have told him to ease up because I've never seen him that upset about it. But he's definitely anti-NE.

Flasteel
07-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Charles Davis not Fran Charles.

frankthetank1
07-23-2009, 07:41 AM
i love how idiot fans just bring up brady coming back so that means the pats will be in the sb. he is only one player. no one ever brings up the fact they lost their best cb in ellis hobbs. thats a major blow to an already poor secondary. nevermind their offense how are they going to stop anyone on defense? bruschi is barely good enough to start in the nfl these days. oh but they did add joey galloway who is older than dirt and fragile fred taylor to go along with sammy morris and maroney, two other rb's that are always hurt. i would worry more about the ravens than the pats

RuthlessBurgher
07-23-2009, 09:32 AM
i love how idiot fans just bring up brady coming back so that means the pats will be in the sb. he is only one player. no one ever brings up the fact they lost their best cb in ellis hobbs. thats a major blow to an already poor secondary. nevermind their offense how are they going to stop anyone on defense? bruschi is barely good enough to start in the nfl these days. oh but they did add joey galloway who is older than dirt and fragile fred taylor to go along with sammy morris and maroney, two other rb's that are always hurt. i would worry more about the ravens than the pats

Regarding New England's secondary, they did sign Shawn Springs and Leigh Bodden in free agency, then drafted safety Patrick Chung and corner Darius Butler in the 2nd round of the draft. They aren't our defense by any means, but they aren't hurting either. They aren't on our schedule this season, though, so I am not concerning myself with them. If we meet in the playoffs, so be it. I think Tomlin will have the fellas ready.

Oviedo
07-23-2009, 09:48 AM

Regarding New England's secondary, they did sign Shawn Springs and Leigh Bodden in free agency, then drafted safety Patrick Chung and corner Darius Butler in the 2nd round of the draft. They aren't our defense by any means, but they aren't hurting either. They aren't on our schedule this season, though, so I am not concerning myself with them. If we meet in the playoffs, so be it. I think Tomlin will have the fellas ready.

They also play in the AFC East which will be good for a minimum of 4 wins. I think the Steelers, Titans, Colts and Chargers will all end up with between 10 and 12 wins. Seeding for the playoffs will be very tight.

Acero
07-23-2009, 09:51 AM
I think the Steelers, Titans, Colts and Chargers will all end up with between 10 and 12 wins. Seeding for the playoffs will be very tight.

Add the Ravens in the mix, and that leaves only one spot in the conference for the East champ.

Again.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
07-23-2009, 10:02 AM

They also play in the AFC East which will be good for a minimum of 4 wins. I think the Steelers, Titans, Colts and Chargers will all end up with between 10 and 12 wins. Seeding for the playoffs will be very tight.

I don't know about Indy, this might be the year that they take that step backwards. They play in a division with the Titans and I also expect Jacksonville and Houston to be improved. This might be the year that Peyton is on the outside looking in.

RuthlessBurgher
07-23-2009, 10:14 AM

I don't know about Indy, this might be the year that they take that step backwards. They play in a division with the Titans and I also expect Jacksonville and Houston to be improved. This might be the year that Peyton is on the outside looking in.

I think the Texans overtake the Titans. The Titans lost Haynesworth, but the Texans still have Mario Williams. At this point in their repective careers, I would prefer to have DeMeco Ryans leading my LB corps than Keith Bulluck. I think Matt Schaub throwing to Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter, and Owen Daniels is light years ahead of Kerry Collins throwing to the likes of Justin Gage, Nate Washington, and Bo Scaife.

frankthetank1
07-23-2009, 11:44 AM

bodden is average but shawn springs is past his prime. he was never that good to begain with. i would say they have the worst defense in the afc east right now. butler should be a good cb, not sure about chung. they are both rookies though so how much can they really contribute from day one? i agree the steelers probably wont play them so there is no reason for concern.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
07-23-2009, 11:55 AM

I think the Texans overtake the Titans. The Titans lost Haynesworth, but the Texans still have Mario Williams. At this point in their repective careers, I would prefer to have DeMeco Ryans leading my LB corps than Keith Bulluck. I think Matt Schaub throwing to Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter, and Owen Daniels is light years ahead of Kerry Collins throwing to the likes of Justin Gage, Nate Washington, and Bo Scaife.

Could be - and you also can't count out Jacksonville. A year ago at this time they were coming off of a season that included a playoff victory - I forget who they beat though. :?

All of a sudden their OL was decimated by everything imaginable, and they hit the tank. If they can sort out the OL issues then this is once again a team of playoff caliber.

That could give the division 4 teams with legit playoff aspirations. IMO there is only one
spot apiece for the East and the West. The 2 wildcard spots will be contested by the leftover North team and the three non-winning South teams.

Two of Pitt/Balt and Indy/Tenn/Houston/Jacksonville can't make it.