PDA

View Full Version : Ben getting sued in Nevada

stlrz d
07-20-2009, 09:27 PM
or in other words, some chick looking to strike it rich.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... in-nevada/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/20/roethlisberger-gets-sued-in-nevada/)

Roethlisberger gets sued in Nevada
Posted by Mike Florio on July 20, 2009 7:10 PM ET

Earlier today, our own Gregg Rosenthal received a tip regarding a legal claim that was about to be made against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. And as we were doing our due diligence (primarily in order to avoid being on the wrong end of a legal claims of our own), Gregg was tipped off to the fact that a suit has indeed been filed.

According to the web site for the Second Judicial District of Washoe County, Nevada, Andrea McNulty filed suit against Roethlisberger and several others on Friday. Though the details currently are scant, the lawsuit generally has been categorized as a claim for defamation.

That said, other types of claims possibly are contained in the suit papers against one or more of the defendants.

Per Rosenthal's source, one or more of the other named defendants (John Koster, Guy Hyder, Mark Masters, Dave Monroe, Mike Rosenow, Debbie Neall, Bryan Casuscelli, and Stacy Dingman) currently work and/or used to work with McNulty at Harrah's, where McNulty is still employed.

Still, Roethlisberger's connection to the case is unclear. It's possible that she claims that he did or said something to her for which civil liability could be imposed in his capacity as a customer at Harrah's.

Given that a summons was issued on Friday, Roethlisberger might have been served suit papers while in Lake Tahoe for the 20th Annual American Century Celebrity Golf Championship.

As we hear it, Roethlisberger regularly visits the area.

Meanwhile, we're in the process of tracking down more information.

We've got a feeling that, in this regard, we're not alone.

http://www.ccwashoe.com/public/ck_publi ... &end_date= (http://www.ccwashoe.com/public/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_frames?backto=P&case_id=CV09-02222&begin_date=&end_date=)

Case ID: CV09-02222
Docket Start Date:
Docket Ending Date:

Case Description

Case ID: CV09-02222 - ANDREA McNULTY VS BEN ROETHLISBERGER, ET AL (D10)
Filing Date: Friday , July 17th, 2009
Type: DF - TORTS-DEFAMATION (LIBEL/SLAND)

Related Cases

No related cases were found.

Case Event Schedule

Guess this could explain why Ben played so poorly in the tourney.

stlrz d
07-20-2009, 09:55 PM
:HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

And now there's more.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... l-assault/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/20/roethlisberger-denies-civil-allegations-of-sexual-assault/)

Roethlisberger denies civil allegations of sexual assault
Posted by Mike Florio on July 20, 2009 8:57 PM ET

In a complaint that reads like the rape allegations made several years ago against NBA star Kobe Bryant, Harrah's employee Andrea McNulty alleges sexual assault against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in a lawsuit filed last week in Washoe County, Nevada.

But lawyer David Cornwell strongly denied the allegations Monday night, in a statement released to PFT. "Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone; especially Andrea McNulty," Cornwell said.

In the civil suit, which Cornwell confirms was served on Roethlisberger over the weekend and a copy of which our own Gregg Rosenthal has obtained, McNulty alleges that Roethlisberger asked her to come to his hotel room to fix the television, and that he thereafter forced her to have sex with him.

Roethlisberger faces one civil count of assault, one civil count of sexual assault and battery, one civil count of false imprisonment, one civil count of false pretenses, one civil count of fraud, and one civil count of intentonal infliction of emtional distress.

McNulty also claims that the coworkers named in the complaint thereafter defamed her by making allegedly false and inflammatory statements, and by allegedly serving as aiders and abettors of Roethlisberger's alleged misconduct after the fact.

Cornwell, a finalist for the position of NFLPA Executive Director who has represented in the recent past Saints running back Reggie Bush and Browns receiver Donte' Stallworth, points to the fact that no criminal complaint has been filed, and that no criminal investigation has occurred.

"The timing of the lawsuit and the absence of a criminal complaint and a criminal investigation are the most compelling evidence of the absence of any criminal conduct," Cornwell said. "If an investigation is commenced, Ben will cooperate fully and Ben will be fully exonerated."

It's unknown at this point whether McNulty ever has attempted to file criminal charges as a result of the incident, which allegedly occurred in July 2008.

"Ben will not be baited into a public discussion about his personal life, but we will defend
him vigorously," Cornwell said. "The limited value that Ms. McNulty derived from public disclosure of these viciously false allegations is the only value she will ever receive from Ben in this case."

Regardless of how this one turns out, it has the potential to serve as a significant distraction for Roethlisberger as the 2009 season approaches, especially if the lawsuit triggers a criminal probe.

Something's not right here. The incident allegedly happened in 2008, no complaint or charge was ever filed and now she's suing???

I love this part: "The limited value that Ms. McNulty derived from public disclosure of these viciously false allegations is the only value she will ever receive from Ben in this case."

His attorney's not messing around!

TCB
07-20-2009, 11:00 PM
This sounds like BS but it is an unwanted distraction, all the same.

steelernation77
07-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Remember when Bettis was accused of rape? Let's see if there's any proof at all before getting too worried. It could just be another desperate person looking for a cheap buck.

stlrz d
07-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Remember when Bettis was accused of rape? Let's see if there's any proof at all before getting too worried. It could just be another desperate person looking for a cheap buck.

I agree. The :HeadBanger was for the distraction. I don't believe this at all. Way to suspect on how this is coming out. It "happened" a year ago and nothing until today???

100$handshake
07-20-2009, 11:39 PM
But lawyer David Cornwell strongly denied the allegations Monday night, in a statement released to PFT. "Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone; especially Andrea McNulty," Cornwell said.

Ben needs to get himself a new lawyer. This is not the most brilliant statement I've ever read.

Vindrow
07-21-2009, 05:53 AM
What Ben should do is slap a law suit on her for defamation of character to show he isn't playing games.

Ozey74
07-21-2009, 07:21 AM
I'm sure Ben has so much trouble finding willing sexual partners that he had to resort to this.

:roll:

Scarletfire1970
07-21-2009, 07:46 AM
I'm sure Ben has so much trouble finding willing sexual partners that he had to resort to this.

:roll:
Same thing happened to Kobe and I am sure he wouldn't have any problems either.

phillyesq
07-21-2009, 08:18 AM
My first instinct is that this suit is b.s. We'll have to see what happens during the discovery process, but if there are no criminal charges, and no criminal investigation, this is going to be a very difficult case to prove against Ben. It sounds like she fabricated a story, and her coworkers said she was full of crap, thus leading to the charges of defamation against them. I certainly hope that this suit is bogus, and that Ben is exonerated.

This really is an unwanted distraction. Especially with the way that civil litigation goes -- a case like this can easily drag on for well over a year, depending on the scheduling rules in the jurisdiction.

rpmpit
07-21-2009, 08:33 AM
First let me say that I don't believe this for a minute. From what we know about Ben (his upbringing, his charity work, his faith, his attitude, etc.) its hard for me to believe he is capable of doing something like this. And no, we don't need this type of distraction at the beginning of a season.

All that being said, none of us really know Ben. Even if we did, how many times have people we thought we knew well, done things that have surprised us? This girl could be our sister, our girlfriend, cousin, etc. Sure, the fact that she never contacted the police makes it appear that she's just out for a payoff. But what if it really happened? Maybe she was scared and knew (as we've seen on all of these posts - mine included) that no one would believe her? Just saying that we should let all the facts come out and hope that Ben is innocent.

Rape is not a crime of sex, its a crime of violence and domination. Just because celebrities have access to as many women as they want, doesn't mean they are not capable of rape.

Oviedo
07-21-2009, 08:58 AM
Gold Digger trying to make an easy score and hoping for an out of court settlement. I hope he turns the legal "hounds of hell" loose on her.

phillyesq
07-21-2009, 10:27 AM
First let me say that I don't believe this for a minute. From what we know about Ben (his upbringing, his charity work, his faith, his attitude, etc.) its hard for me to believe he is capable of doing something like this. And no, we don't need this type of distraction at the beginning of a season.

All that being said, none of us really know Ben. Even if we did, how many times have people we thought we knew well, done things that have surprised us? This girl could be our sister, our girlfriend, cousin, etc. Sure, the fact that she never contacted the police makes it appear that she's just out for a payoff. But what if it really happened? Maybe she was scared and knew (as we've seen on all of these posts - mine included) that no one would believe her? Just saying that we should let all the facts come out and hope that Ben is innocent.

Rape is not a crime of sex, its a crime of violence and domination. Just because celebrities have access to as many women as they want, doesn't mean they are not capable of rape.

You make a good point that we shouldn't be too quick to judge the alleged victim, but I have a very hard time getting past the fact that there were no criminal charges filed. Even just a year later, I'm pretty sure that the statute of limitations for a criminal action has not yet expired.

aggiebones
07-21-2009, 10:42 AM
Maybe she has had lawyers planning this for a year. She could have a year limit for statutes of limitations. Or some other law thing and she used the whole year. Anyhoo, we'll find out, but not worth getting worried about now or even for this season. They won't likely run this all season.

Oviedo
07-21-2009, 11:13 AM
I think the timing of this right before the start of training camp is nothing more than an attempt to pressure a cash settlement. Seems pretty calculated to me.

No lawyer for a civil suit would tell their client not to file a criminal complaint during the past year because if anything that would significantly strengthen their civil suit.

This just smells to me like a gold digger wanting to make a fast buck. I hope they turn lose their own legal team and take this chick down to prevent this kind of crap from happening in the future.

RuthlessBurgher
07-21-2009, 11:30 AM
I think the timing of this right before the start of training camp is nothing more than an attempt to pressure a cash settlement. Seems pretty calculated to me.

No lawyer for a civil suit would tell their client not to file a criminal complaint during the past year because if anything that would significantly strengthen their civil suit.

This just smells to me like a gold digger wanting to make a fast buck. I hope they turn lose their own legal team and take this chick down to prevent this kind of crap from happening in the future.

The timing may be nothing more than the fact that the alleged incident supposedly took place when Ben was at the Celebrity Golf Tournament in Lake Tahoe last July, and they served him the papers this July because they knew he would be back in Lake Tahoe again for the same tournament again.

As for the validity of the allegations, I will have to withhold any comment until more information is known, particularly since this all seems to be coming from Florio at PFT so far (which is more of a rumor mill site than a news organization). There is still no mention of it whatsoever from ESPN, which seems odd. They normally blow up any time there is a potential athlete scandal.

calmkiller
07-21-2009, 11:44 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... lisberger/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/21/complaint-gets-very-specific-regarding-interaction-between-mcnulty-roethlisberger/)

Complaint gets very specific regarding interaction between McNulty, Roethlisberger
Posted by Mike Florio on July 21, 2009 10:46 AM ET
NFL_roethlisberger3.jpgWe've finally obtained a full and complete and reliable copy of the complaint filed against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in Nevada.

The complaint contains very specific allegations, which either helps prove that the event actually occurred -- or which demonstrates that the plaintiff, Andrea McNulty, has a very active imagination.

McNulty, who says in the complaint that she has worked at Harrah's since March 2003, alleges that she was assigned to serve a concierge-style function on the Penthouse floor of the hotel during the 2008 American Century Celebrity Golf Championship.

McNulty alleges that, on July 10, she and Roethlisberger had a conversation about fly fishing, and that they talked about the fact that McNulty is an avid fly fisherman. (Though, on the surface, the exchange isn't relevant, the contention -- if true -- shows that there was at least a minor relationship between McNulty and Roethlisberger prior to the incident.)

As to the incident itself, it allegedly occurred on Friday, July 11. McNulty claims that, at approximately 10:00 p.m. local time, Roethlisberger returned to his room with a young woman, who left roughly 20 minutes later.

McNulty says that Roethlisberger walked the woman to the elevator, and that Roethlisberger then stopped to talk to McNulty and other staff, for roughly 20 minutes. (Obviously, it'll be critical to determine who these other staff members are, and what they have to say.)

As he was leaving, Roethlisberger allegedly told McNulty that the sound system on his television wasn't working. She offered to have someone from engineering fix it, but Roethlisberger said he would call her about it later.

Roethlisberger allegedly called her a few minutes later, and he said that the television was still broken. She offered to have someone go to the room and fix it. He allegedly asked her to come and "take a quick look" at it.

McNulty claims that she tried to call a couple of other colleagues to handle the situation, but that she couldn't reach anyone. She alleges that Roethlisberger called again and asked her when she was going to fix the television.

Citing a direction from management to ensure that Roethlisberger had an enjoyable trip, she decided to try to fix it herself.

McNulty claims that, when she arrived at the room, he was wearing a T-shirt and athletic shorts. She adds, for no apparent reason other than to show the clarity of her recollection, that the room was a mess.

Roethlisberger showed her the television that was malfunctioning, located in suite's bedroom. Using the remote, she determined that there was no problem with the television or the sound system.

She claims that, as she tried to leave the room, Roethlisberger blocked her path, and that he "grabbed [her] and started to kiss her."

She claims that she was "shocked and stunned that this previously friendly man, that appeared to be a gentleman in her previous contacts with him was suddenly preventing her from leaving, was assaulting and battering her."

McNulty admits that she didn't try to fight Roethlisberger, citing his size and strength. She claims that she "communicated her objection and lack of consent," and that he nevertheless began "fondling [her] through her dress and between her legs."

She claims that he pushed her onto the bed, and despite her alleged protests he "pulled her underpants off and proceeded to penetrate her."

McNulty claims that she told him, "You don't want to do this." She also claims that she said, "Please don't," and that she told him she was not on any type of birth control.

She claims that he said in response, "Don't worry, I'll pull out," which he ultimately did.

At that point, he allowed her to get off the bed. McNulty claims that she went to the bathroom, and "tried to pull herself together." When she emerged, she claims that Roethlisberger asked, "There are cameras on this room, aren't there?"

She responded by saying, "Yes, there are cameras everywhere."

McNulty alleges that he then seem worried, and that his tone became "stern."

"If anyone asks you, you fixed my television," he allegedly said. "You fixed my television. Now go!"

We'll be posting separately the allegations relating to the coworkers at Harrah's, most of which are based on conduct occurring after the alleged assault.

Again, these are only allegations in a civil complaint. There is, to our knowledge, no criminal complaint or investigation, and Roethlisberger through lawyer David Cornwell has strongly denied the contention.

Still, if the allegations set forth above are true, and if sufficient evidence can be compiled to prove that, then this thing could get very ugly for Roethlisberger.

fezziwig
07-21-2009, 12:02 PM
I guess whatever happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas.

papillon
07-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Wow, that would derail a potential HOF career. Here's to hoping this is nothing more than a woman trying to make a buck on a wealthy athlete with a he said-she said scenario.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
07-21-2009, 12:28 PM
I guess whatever happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas.

Doesn't say anything about Tahoe, though.

phillyesq
07-21-2009, 12:44 PM
If Florio has obtained a copy of the complaint, I wish that he would just post a PDF already. I'd much rather see the allegations myself than have to read his "analysis."

From what was posted, the Plaintiff's comments/claims about cameras are quite interesting. I wonder if there are cameras, and if so, how long the tapes are maintained. That could either prove or disprove the allegations very quickly.

I'm still having a hard time getting past the lack of a criminal complaint. The standard of proof in a criminal matter is higher than in a civil matter. I'm sure that there are strategic reasons for either filing a criminal complaint or foregoing doing so, but I would like to find out whether there was a criminal investigation.

ikestops85
07-21-2009, 01:10 PM
If Florio has obtained a copy of the complaint, I wish that he would just post a PDF already. I'd much rather see the allegations myself than have to read his "analysis."

From what was posted, the Plaintiff's comments/claims about cameras are quite interesting. I wonder if there are cameras, and if so, how long the tapes are maintained. That could either prove or disprove the allegations very quickly.

I'm still having a hard time getting past the lack of a criminal complaint. The standard of proof in a criminal matter is higher than in a civil matter. I'm sure that there are strategic reasons for either filing a criminal complaint or foregoing doing so, but I would like to find out whether there was a criminal investigation.

They probably only keep the video for a period of time and then get rid of it. That might be why she waited so long to file the complaint. With no video it comes down to her word vs his. This sucks :HeadBanger

RuthlessBurgher
07-21-2009, 01:16 PM

They probably only keep the video for a period of time and then get rid of it. That might be why she waited so long to file the complaint. With no video it comes down to her word vs his. This sucks :HeadBanger

Even if they did have the camera footage still available it would still be her word against his. The camera would only be in the hallway, showing when she went into the room and when she came out. There is no camera inside the room showing whether she was in there fixing the T.V. or being sexually assaulted. The camera in question is not an Erin Andrews peephole type thing that would give conclusive evidence one way or the other.

SteelBucks
07-21-2009, 01:19 PM

I agree. By filing a civil suit, she is saying that no crime was committed and that she is only seeking a monetary reward from Roethlisberger. But the PFT report, if true, is rape. Something isn't adding up here.

Ugh....this is why I hate the off season.

grotonsteel
07-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Hmm..One thing for sure Big Ben has no standards....he is getting into trouble for hitting this beaver :roll: :roll: :roll: ..maybe beer googles did the trick... :lol: :lol:

http://www.news.lalate.com/pictures/mcnulty6.html
http://www.news.lalate.com/pictures/mcnulty3.html
http://www.news.lalate.com/pictures/mcnulty1.html
http://www.news.lalate.com/pictures/mcnulty2.html

phillyesq
07-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Let me be the first to say that I hate the "blame the victim" approach to alleged sexual assault cases. That said, this background info on the Plaintiff does not seem to help her credibility:

Posted by Mike Florio on July 21, 2009 11:37 AM ET
In her complaint against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, plaintiff Andrea McNulty claims that she checked into a Reno hospital on September 25, 2008, with major depression and anxiety. She attributes her condition to the alleged sexual assault.

But our friends at Joe Buck's favorite web site report that "[s]ources connected" to the case claim that her psychiatric care is unrelated to any alleged interaction with Roethlisberger.

Instead, the sources claim that McNulty's psychiatric problems arose from a bizarre situation involving McNulty and another man's wife.

Here's the story, as best we can understand it.

Per TMZ, McNulty was involved with a married man. The married man's wife created a phony e-mail account, posing as a solider in Iraq, apparently in the hopes of gaining information about McNulty's relationship with the married man. A former coworker of McNulty's claims that McNulty "fell in love" with the fictitious soldier, and that McNulty began telling people they were engaged.

The wife of the married man stopped the correspondence, and McNulty then began telling people the fictitious soldier was killed in action.

TMZ also reports that McNulty and Roethlisberger had a consensual "sexual liaison" in July 2008.

Without knowing the identity of the sources for this information, it's difficult to properly assess it. If, for example, TMZ has gotten the information from coworkers named as defendants in the case, they have a clear incentive to blame McNulty's problems on something other than the Roethlisberger situation.

Indeed, it's a standard part of the playbook for anyone who is sued in civil court. The plaintiff almost always is attacked, and a female plaintiff claiming sexual misconduct invites a healthy dose of what became known as the "nuts and sluts" defense whenever someone directed allegations of sexual misbehavior at a certain former President who eventually had no choice but to admit his deeds, as to at least one former partner.

So we're continuing to keep an open mind as to all sides of this one, and we'll continue to provide updates as events warrant.

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 21, 2009 2:02 PM ET
Less than 24 hours ago, Andrea McNulty filed a civil sexual assault case against Ben Roethlisberger. It's safe to say curiosity about her is already piqued.

TMZ has released seven pictures which they report to be of McNulty.

Other sites have alleged links to her myspace page, but they are unconfirmed.

We can confirm McNulty is a Canadian immigrant who had a visa to work at Harrah's Casino in Lake Tahoe.

Our source also told us on Monday the exact same story that Mr. Florio passed along from TMZ Tuesday morning. The source alleges that McNulty was involved a bizarre episode that is unrelated to Roethlisberger.

The accusations about McNulty are not exactly surprising.

In fact, they are essentially contained in the civil case that PFT has been able to look at.

McNulty is suing many Harrah's employees for making false and inflammatory statements about her physical and mental health.

McNulty claims in the case that any hospital stay was related to being sexually assaulted.

She also alleges that the defendents/co-workers made inflammatory statements about her "relationship with other men" and accused her of serious sexual conduct.

She is claiming that she sustained damage to her profession as a direct and indirect result of such statements.

As the story grows, which is inevitable despite ESPN's efforts, we will surely continue to learn plenty more about McNulty.

From both sides of the case.

fezziwig
07-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Here's a question I don't believe has been asked, did she every fix the TV ?

Jooser
07-21-2009, 03:11 PM
So, Ben walks out one chick, but still isn't satisfied, so he needs this horse-head next? Comon, she's a lunatic. Florio is a drama queen, and is trying his best to fan some flames here. ESPN took a wait and see approach because they realized the facts weren't adding up. This will go away, but not before Ben's name is dragged through the mud first. I hope she goes to jail for such fabrication.....

Jooser
07-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Ravens fans have declared Christmas in July!

RuthlessBurgher
07-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Ravens fans have declared Christmas in July!

While this case has not been proven by any means, there is actual photographic evidence of the Ravens' QB sexually assaulting Pamela Anderson.

http://www.bert-is-evil.de/pam.jpg

Jooser
07-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Per PPG.....

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09202/985356-100.stm

Suit claims Roethlisberger sexually assaulted woman
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
By Jonathan D. Silver, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

An employee of Harrah's Lake Tahoe hotel in Nevada has claimed in a civil lawsuit that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her in his room last July while he was in town for a celebrity golf tournament.

The complaint, filed Friday in Washoe County, Nev., also names eight Harrah's employees accused of being part of a widespread cover-up in the Harrah's organization. They include the resort's president, security chief and other supervisors.

Mr. Roethlisberger's lawyer yesterday denied that his client had sexually assaulted anyone.

Harrah's Entertainment spokeswoman Jacqueline Peterson today said the casino and hotel chain had no comment, citing the pending litigation.

At the time of the alleged assault last summer, the woman was an "executive casino host" who also worked as a concierge for the American Century Celebrity golf tournament.

The complaint said the woman was introduced to Mr. Roethlisberger by a hotel employee. They talked about fly fishing the day before the alleged assault.

One of the co-defendants, John Koster, listed as Harrah's Northern Nevada president, was paired with the quarterback for the golf event. The complaint said the woman learned that Mr. Koster "boasted" about his friendship with Mr. Roethlisberger. The security chief, identified as Guy Hyder, "emphasized how important it was for plaintiff to ensure that Roethlisberger had a nice trip."

The woman claims that around 10 p.m. on July 11 while she was at her post on the 17th floor, Mr. Roethlisberger asked her to fix a broken television sound system in his room on the same floor, according to the complaint.

She found the television working properly and tried to leave but claims that Mr. Roethlisberger grabbed, kissed and fondled her. Then, the complaint alleges, he pushed her onto his bed and had forcible intercourse with her.

After the alleged assault, the woman washed her face and "tried to pull herself together," the complaint states.

"There are cameras on this room, aren't there," Mr. Roethlisberger allegedly asked her.

"Yes," she replied, "There are cameras everywhere."

"Roethlisberger, acting very worried, sternly instructed her, 'If anyone asks you, you fixed my television. You fixed my television. Now go!' " he said sternly, according to the suit.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette does not name alleged victims of sexual assault.

The complaint details a year-long battle that the woman says she waged against her bosses, depression and anxiety.

The woman assumed hotel security would investigate and notify the hotel's executives, the complaint said. She did not go to the police because she "was afraid of the consequences of reporting it to police authorities since it was obvious to her that Harrah's and its personnel, particularly Hyder and Koster, would side with and support Roethlisberger, the celebrity friend of Koster," according to the complaint.

She said her bosses dismissed her concerns, including Mr. Hyder, who allegedly told her she was overreacting and that "most girls would feel lucky to get to have sex with someone like Ben Roethlisberger."

The complaint blames Mr. Hyder for failing to preserve any physical evidence of the alleged assault, interview witnesses or conduct an investigation.

The woman was in and out of hospitals several times since the alleged incident, ringing up $380,000 in medical bills, the suit says.

According to the complaint, while Mr. Roethlisberger was invited back to Harrah's during this year's golf tournament, which took place last week, the resort "insisted" that the woman take a paid two-week leave "to accommodate her assailant."

The suit lists 12 claims, including assault, sexual assault and battery, false imprisonment, fraud, invasion of privacy and defamation.

The woman's lawyer, Calvin R.X. Dunlap, was not available for comment.

Atlanta-based sports attorney David Cornwell issued a statement on Mr. Roethlisberger's behalf late last night.

"This weekend [the plaintiff] served Ben Roethlisberger with a civil complaint accusing him of sexually assaulting her in July 2008. Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone; especially [the plaintiff]. The timing of the lawsuit and the absence of a criminal complaint and a criminal investigation are the most compelling evidence of the absence of any criminal conduct. If an investigation is commenced, Ben will cooperate fully and Ben will be fully exonerated.

"Ben will not be baited into a public discussion about his personal life, but we will defend him vigorously. The limited value that [the plaintiff] derived from public disclosure of these viciously false allegations is the only value she will ever receive from Ben in this case," the statement said.

Sharon Flanary, administrative assistant for Washoe County District Attorney Richard Gammick, where the complaint was filed and where one of the defendants lives, confirmed today that no criminal complaint has been filed there. She said there is no investigation involving any charges against Mr. Roethlisberger.

Likewise, no criminal complaint was found in Douglas County, the location of Lake Tahoe.

"Everyone's been calling, but we have nothing," said Douglas County Sheriff Deputy Teresa Duffy. "There's been no criminal complaint. The DA's office has nothing, either."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09202/98 ... z0LvckVJIE (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09202/985356-100.stm#ixzz0LvckVJIE)

ghettoscott
07-21-2009, 04:51 PM
The woman claims that around 10 p.m. on July 11 while she was at her post on the 17th floor, Mr. Roethlisberger asked her to fix a broken television sound system in his room on the same floor, according to the complaint.

She found the television working properly and tried to leave but claims that Mr. Roethlisberger grabbed, kissed and fondled her. Then, the complaint alleges, he pushed her onto his bed and had forcible intercourse with her.

After the alleged assault, the woman washed her face and "tried to pull herself together," the complaint states.

"There are cameras on this room, aren't there," Mr. Roethlisberger allegedly asked her.

"Yes," she replied, "There are cameras everywhere."

"Roethlisberger, acting very worried, sternly instructed her, 'If anyone asks you, you fixed my television. You fixed my television. Now go!' " he said sternly, according to the suit.

This sounds like a bad porn screenplay...i hope this goes away quickly and Big Beezy is exonerated before the season starts. :?

Jooser
07-21-2009, 04:57 PM

There's the link to the PDF of the complaint.

phillyesq
07-21-2009, 05:55 PM

I've read through the complaint. The allegations against Ben include assault, sexual assault and battery, false imprisonment, false pretenses, fraud, and intentional infliction of emotional distress. There are no real new facts relating to Ben other than those that have been reported. A lot of the legal theories underlying these claims are tenuous, at best, and, depending on the rules of the jurisdiction, may be thrown out of the court in the early stages of the proceedings.

The complaints against Harrah's and its employees are basically that the casino covered everything up and refused to investigate. There are a lot of different people named, and some interesting accusations, including an accusation that Harrah's employees befriended her family, obtained a key to her home, entered her home, and altered and deleted files from her computer. I'm a bit skeptical of these allegations against Harrah's; the people that she alleges took this action were fairly high level. An expert in computer forensics would be able to find out if and when computer files were altered or deleted, and I would think that employees at the level she is describing would know that.

There are a lot of people named in the suit, and this won't go away quickly. Lots of discovery, lots of depositions, etc. Unfortunately, I fear that this is something that will be hanging over Ben's head for a while.

Jooser
07-21-2009, 06:06 PM

I've read through the complaint. The allegations against Ben include assault, sexual assault and battery, false imprisonment, false pretenses, fraud, and intentional infliction of emotional distress. There are no real new facts relating to Ben other than those that have been reported. A lot of the legal theories underlying these claims are tenuous, at best, and, depending on the rules of the jurisdiction, may be thrown out of the court in the early stages of the proceedings.

The complaints against Harrah's and its employees are basically that the casino covered everything up and refused to investigate. There are a lot of different people named, and some interesting accusations, including an accusation that Harrah's employees befriended her family, obtained a key to her home, entered her home, and altered and deleted files from her computer. I'm a bit skeptical of these allegations against Harrah's; the people that she alleges took this action were fairly high level. An expert in computer forensics would be able to find out if and when computer files were altered or deleted, and I would think that employees at the level she is describing would know that.

There are a lot of people named in the suit, and this won't go away quickly. Lots of discovery, lots of depositions, etc. Unfortunately, I fear that this is something that will be hanging over Ben's head for a while.

I think that the fact that there are SO many people and allegations is part of a "shot-gun" strategy. Get enough people involved, sling as much mud at them as possible, and hope they'll get fed up and buy her out. This is just a sick mess.

Jom112
07-21-2009, 06:26 PM
I think that the fact that there are SO many people and allegations is part of a "shot-gun" strategy. Get enough people involved, sling as much mud at them as possible, and hope they'll get fed up and buy her out. This is just a sick mess.

The other problem for Ben with the "shot-gun" strategy is that there is chance that someone named in the suit will come off looking bad. With this many people named, you have to assume that someone is going to look bad on the stand and trip over their words. Regardless of if Ben didn't anything wrong.

Just because someone else might have handled the situation poorly, it shouldn't be an indictment of Ben, but you know how these things blow up over any little thing...

Chadman
07-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Don't know 'the facts', so it's hard to have an opinion really.

It seems out of character, but really, before we had evidence, did we believe Michael Vick was breeding fighting dogs? That O.J. would kill his wife? That Steve McNair would cheat?

If Ben is innocent- let this woman rot, and let it be a warning to all others out there thinking they can grab a quick 'deal' by making celebs sweat a little. But if Ben is guilty- he's no longer a Steeler in Chadman's mind.

Is anyone else getting sick & tired of the crap that modern society is dredging up for us to consume? When did 'doing the right thing' become a 'no-no'?

stlrz d
07-21-2009, 06:58 PM
This woman is clearly a wack job.

Discipline of Steel
07-21-2009, 07:02 PM

If its untrue, it wont hang heavy.

Jooser
07-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Florio is a nut himself. He has published one article after another about Ben and he's all but crucified him already. What a moron this guys is:

Too little, too late from ESPN on Roethlisberger
Posted by Mike Florio on July 21, 2009 4:23 PM ET

ESPN spokesman Mac Nwulu has provided us with a statement from the folks in Bristol regarding their decision not to mention the civil sexual assault suit against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, which to our knowledge has been ignored by every national ESPN platform, with the exception of a player page onto which a blurb from the ESPN/ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh leaked earlier today, as pointed out by Deadspin.

"At this point, we are not reporting the allegations against Ben Roethlisberger because no criminal complaint has been filed," Nwulu said. "As far as we know, this is a civil lawsuit that Roethlisberger has yet to address publicly."

Actually, Roethlisberger has addressed the lawsuit publicly, via a Monday night statement from lawyer David Cornwell, who has been retained to represent Roethlisberger. :?

And let's be realistic about it. If he's smart (and, frankly, the jury is still out on that one), Ben won't ever comment on the case publicly, other than to say, "No comment." :wft

Besides, we don't buy for a minute the notion that a civil claim unaccompanied by a criminal complaint makes the situation not newsworthy. Indeed, ESPN posted last night on its NFL page a blurb from the AP regarding the civil suit filed by former NFL kicker Tony Zendejas, in which he claims a violation of his civil rights in connection with, coincidentally, a rape prosecution.

In that case, have the folks who allegedly violated the civil rights of Zendejas been charged criminally? Nope. But that hasn't kept ESPN from posting the AP item.

And that's the kicker on this one -- ESPN uses stuff from the AP all the time, and the AP has issued a story about the lawsuit against Roethlisberger.

So while we appreciate the fact that ESPN provided us with a statement, we choose to regard it as a hollow attempt to explain away what appears to be a strategy for remaining in the good graces of Ben Roethlisberger. :loser

This guy is a total moron today, when this story is proven untrue, I hope he's run out of business. :evil:

Is he from Baltimore or Cleveland?

Jooser
07-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Give the skank a Schrute Buck and tell her to get back to her corner...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d85/Shanigua/Schrute.jpg

calmkiller
07-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Florio is a nut himself. He has published one article after another about Ben and he's all but crucified him already. What a moron this guys is:

ESPN spokesman Mac Nwulu has provided us with a statement from the folks in Bristol regarding their decision not to mention the civil sexual assault suit against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, which to our knowledge has been ignored by every national ESPN platform, with the exception of a player page onto which a blurb from the ESPN/ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh leaked earlier today, as pointed out by Deadspin.

"At this point, we are not reporting the allegations against Ben Roethlisberger because no criminal complaint has been filed," Nwulu said. "As far as we know, this is a civil lawsuit that Roethlisberger has yet to address publicly."

Actually, Roethlisberger has addressed the lawsuit publicly, via a Monday night statement from lawyer David Cornwell, who has been retained to represent Roethlisberger. :?

And let's be realistic about it. If he's smart (and, frankly, the jury is still out on that one), Ben won't ever comment on the case publicly, other than to say, "No comment." :wft

Besides, we don't buy for a minute the notion that a civil claim unaccompanied by a criminal complaint makes the situation not newsworthy. Indeed, ESPN posted last night on its NFL page a blurb from the AP regarding the civil suit filed by former NFL kicker Tony Zendejas, in which he claims a violation of his civil rights in connection with, coincidentally, a rape prosecution.

In that case, have the folks who allegedly violated the civil rights of Zendejas been charged criminally? Nope. But that hasn't kept ESPN from posting the AP item.

And that's the kicker on this one -- ESPN uses stuff from the AP all the time, and the AP has issued a story about the lawsuit against Roethlisberger.

So while we appreciate the fact that ESPN provided us with a statement, we choose to regard it as a hollow attempt to explain away what appears to be a strategy for remaining in the good graces of Ben Roethlisberger. :loser

This guy is a total moron today, when this story is proven untrue, I hope he's run out of business. :evil:

He is referring to the fact that as a franchise QB he decided to ride a Motorcycle without a helmet....Referring to the idiotic things Ben has done in the past. I got what he meant. Jade eyes hide these things sometimes.

Jooser
07-21-2009, 10:42 PM

He is referring to the fact that as a franchise QB he decided to ride a Motorcycle without a helmet....Referring to the idiotic things Ben has done in the past. I got what he meant. Jade eyes hide these things sometimes.

Really? I'm just not seeing it, jade eyes or no. I still can find no mention of the motorcycle accident OR anything else "idiotic" that Ben has done. Please point out to me where you're reading that inflection. As far as idiotic goes, we don't even know if Ben and this woman were ever even alone in the same room together. I guess I'm just too blind to see....

stlrz d
07-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Millions of people ride helmetless...and yes, some of them are very rich...just like Ben.

Jom112
07-22-2009, 01:22 AM

I think what's really egging him on today is the ESPN angle. I don't think he cares that it's Ben.

It's not a Steeler bias, it's just something to help him attack ESPN, because they weren't reporting on the situation (Not sure if they finally did or not). Which even you guys have to admit is a bit suspect. The same network airing the video about Pacman making it rain long after the fact and the ones that post a story because Derrek Rose drove 106 mph in a 65 mph zone, is not going to report on this story?

fezziwig
07-22-2009, 07:03 AM
Without knowing the facts or the truth, I can just guess as much as the next person.

1. Ben can probably get as many quickies as he would like.

2. She just looks like a person that has issues to start with.

3. Rumors have it that Ben is a snob, etc. Would he even give her the time of day ?

4. Is Ben so stuck on himself that, he feels she is so beneath him that, he can do anything he wants ?

5. Did booze have anything to do with this ? Was Ben not thinking clearly ?

6. Bottom line, I don't think Ben is this stupid to do anything like this.

Mel Blount's G
07-22-2009, 07:53 AM
Gold Digger trying to make an easy score and hoping for an out of court settlement. I hope he turns the legal "hounds of hell" loose on her.
:Agree

Oviedo
07-22-2009, 08:47 AM
:Agree

In my uninformed opinion that is why there was no criminal complaint associated with this. If she files a criminal complaint and it is proven untrue she is up the creek without a paddle and could find herself in jail.

I would not be surprised if we find out that she is on shaky ground with regards to employment with Harrah's which would also lead to the motive and timing.

I really don't think Ben is so stupid but as a lesson guys like him need to stay away from places like Reno and Vegas. Nothing good happens there because of the character of many that are drawn to places like that or you better have a chaparone watching what you are doing 24/7.

Ghost
07-22-2009, 08:54 AM
This really pi$$es me off. For one, if it turns out to be BS (and it sure sounds like it will), this will always be a dark cloud hanging over Ben's head - even if proven completely innocent; it'll always be out there. Not to mention, it trivializes actual rape and makes it harder for real victims to come forward.

calmkiller
07-22-2009, 09:17 AM

Really? I'm just not seeing it, jade eyes or no. I still can find no mention of the motorcycle accident OR anything else "idiotic" that Ben has done. Please point out to me where you're reading that inflection. As far as idiotic goes, we don't even know if Ben and this woman were ever even alone in the same room together. I guess I'm just too blind to see....

That was just my interpretation. Personally I think anyone that rides a Motorcycle isn't looking out for their own safety, let alone without a helmet. If you are worth multimillions you shouldn't do it IMO. I consider it very stupid. I just took it as referencing what happen in the past.

ghettoscott
07-22-2009, 09:50 AM
I think what's really egging him on today is the ESPN angle. I don't think he cares that it's Ben.

It's not a Steeler bias, it's just something to help him attack ESPN, because they weren't reporting on the situation (Not sure if they finally did or not). Which even you guys have to admit is a bit suspect. The same network airing the video about Pacman making it rain long after the fact and the ones that post a story because Derrek Rose drove 106 mph in a 65 mph zone, is not going to report on this story?

I agree Jom, i was really really surprised when i turned ESPN on there was no news...nothing on the ticker or anything. I wonder if it has anything to do with that "Shaq vs." show an ABC...Big Beezy is going to be on there and maybe ESPN doesnt want to do a "alleged rape case" on him then broadcast the Shaq show with him as the star guest?....just thinking out loud here. :?

NC Steeler Fan
07-22-2009, 10:06 AM
From a female perspective? Based on everything I've read so far...

1. I think she's nut case and the allegations are false.

2. I honestly do not believe Ben has such poor judgement as to force himself upon any woman. I just don't. I don't think he has a god-complex nor does it appear that he was so drunk as to be totally out of control of his faculties.

3. Unless she was a rookie bimbo hired in from an escort service to handle the VIPs last year, the fact that this woman worked in a very high public contact job that had a lot of responsibility for VIPs means that she "should" have been trained and experienced in how to handle "issues" of this nature if they occurred. It doesn't sound like she immediately followed ANY kind of protocol or pursued this outside the organization via law enforcement in a timely ENOUGH manner (one year? gimmee a break!). I just cannot see how the alleged behaviour she described was violent or traumatizing enough to preclude ANY kind of follow up not long after the incident. Cripes, it almost sounds like it was pretty boring.

4. If she's already suffering from emotional issues, then the reappearance of Ben at a golf event this summer probably triggered a whole host of victim behaviours in her and she's lashing out in desperation.

5. Who else out there thinks this is a set up and some other team is paying her off to pull this crap at this time?

6. If Ben is innocent, he'll convince his team mates of that and it will NOT be a distraction. Only a media circus and a irritant for us fans to suffer.

Just my two cents...

Jigawatts
07-22-2009, 10:16 AM
This whole thing stinks worse than a cup of Wendys Chili with a severed finger in it.

Jooser
07-22-2009, 10:20 AM
From a female perspective? Based on everything I've read so far...

1. I think she's nut case and the allegations are false.

2. I honestly do not believe Ben has such poor judgement as to force himself upon any woman. I just don't. I don't think he has a god-complex nor does it appear that he was so drunk as to be totally out of control of his faculties.

3. Unless she was a rookie bimbo hired in from an escort service to handle the VIPs last year, the fact that this woman worked in a very high public contact job that had a lot of responsibility for VIPs means that she "should" have been trained and experienced in how to handle "issues" of this nature if they occurred. It doesn't sound like she immediately followed ANY kind of protocol or pursued this outside the organization via law enforcement in a timely ENOUGH manner (one year? gimmee a break!). I just cannot see how the alleged behaviour she described was violent or traumatizing enough to preclude ANY kind of follow up not long after the incident. Cripes, it almost sounds like it was pretty boring.

4. If she's already suffering from emotional issues, then the reappearance of Ben at a golf event this summer probably triggered a whole host of victim behaviours in her and she's lashing out in desperation.

5. Who else out there thinks this is a set up and some other team is paying her off to pull this crap at this time?

6. If Ben is innocent, he'll convince his team mates of that and it will NOT be a distraction. Only a media circus and a irritant for us fans to suffer.

Just my two cents...

:Agree Nice post NC. I have to agree with everything you said basically. Some zealot on the Ravens' board was quoting statistics to me yesterday. His point on the "year ago" aspect of this thing is that most sex victims don't come out right away and report it. So, in his mind, Ben's absolutely guilty. I don't agree with his logic given the other factors that seem to be involved here. This is a money grab, plain and simple. That's why she's suing Ben AND her employer, she thinks if she throws enough crap into the wind, some of it will stick to their sails. Ben's a cash machine and so the frack is Harrah's.

pfelix73
07-22-2009, 11:18 AM
I wonder if the lady is a Cards or Seaquawks fan????

:tt1

Chachi
07-22-2009, 11:58 AM
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7120 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7120)

RuthlessBurgher
07-22-2009, 12:01 PM
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7120 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7120)

You jinxing bastage, you. :wink:

aggiebones
07-22-2009, 12:42 PM
From what I gather, Ben found out about the suit before he played in the tourney.
If so, throwing out an 81 while knowing a lawsuit is pending is pretty ballsy.

Oviedo
07-22-2009, 12:46 PM
From what I gather, Ben found out about the suit before he played in the tourney.

Good indication this isn't going to distract him if he shot an 81.

RuthlessBurgher
07-22-2009, 12:49 PM

Ben shot an 81 at Bethpage the weekend prior to the U.S. Open, not in the Celebrity Pro-Am in Tahoe last weekend.

NC Steeler Fan
07-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Okay, wait, here's the thing...

If this woman has some $300k+ in medical bills all associated with this
hospitalization and all this anxiety from this supposed attack, don't you
think that any ONE of the health care workers involved in her care would
have come forth to SOME KIND OF LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITY if they
even SUSPECTED an incident of sexual assault?????

Nahhh, this sounds like chit, stinks like chit and looks like chit...

fezziwig
07-22-2009, 02:10 PM

Excellent point.

Also, if this incident lead her to all these troubles, doctor visits, etc then, why hasn't any of this leaked out before ? Over $300,000.00 of theraphy or whatever and what, didn't she ever mention to anyone that it was Big Ben ?
No group of people keep that information bottled up and with the internet today, it would have been heard, read around the world within two weeks.

The more I hear about this rumor and this chick, the more it sounds like a scam.

Jooser
07-22-2009, 02:22 PM

Excellent point.

Also, if this incident lead her to all these troubles, doctor visits, etc then, why hasn't any of this leaked out before ? Over $300,000.00 of theraphy or whatever and what, didn't she ever mention to anyone that it was Big Ben ?
No group of people keep that information bottled up and with the internet today, it would have been heard, read around the world within two weeks.

The more I hear about this rumor and this chick, the more it sounds like a scam.

Her original story (also supported by her family who have since changed their story too) was that all the med bills were associated with the untimely death of the fictitious soldier she was engaged to in Iraq. But now, as the new story goes, that was all just made up to protect her, they were really all associated with BB. Nucking Futs! :HeadBanger And the health care workers are bound to silence by HIPA Laws, so they can say mum until summoned to court..... Which lie do you believe here?

RuthlessBurgher
07-22-2009, 02:25 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/07/22/roethlisberger.allegations.ap/index.html

Posted: Wednesday July 22, 2009 9:16AM
Updated: Wednesday July 22, 2009 2:21PM

Deputy: No plans to investigate Roethlisberger allegations

RENO, Nev. (AP) -- Law enforcement officials in Nevada have no intention of opening a criminal investigation into allegations Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger raped a woman at a Lake Tahoe hotel-casino a year ago, the sheriff's department said Wednesday.

Douglas County Sheriff's Deputy Teresa Duffy said the accuser would have to file a criminal complaint to trigger an investigation into the incident the woman says occurred during a celebrity golf tournament last July while she was working as an executive casino host at Harrah's Lake Tahoe.

"The victim is the only one who can do that," Duffy told The Associated Press. "Unless there was a third party that actually witnessed the incident, which according to the civil case, was not the case here," she said.

The 31-year-old woman who was working as a VIP host at Harrah's Lake Tahoe at the time has filed a lawsuit saying Roethlisberger raped her in a hotel penthouse across the street from the golf course, a claim he vehemently denies.

The woman, a native of Canada who had worked at Harrah's since 2003, never went to the authorities with her story, and it's unclear why she decided to file the lawsuit seeking hundreds of thousands of dollars a full year later.

"Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone. The timing of the lawsuit and the absence of a criminal complaint and a criminal investigation are the most compelling evidence of the absence of any criminal conduct," Roethlisberger lawyer David Cornwell said in a statement. "If an investigation is commenced, Ben will cooperate fully and Ben will be fully exonerated."

He did not immediately reply to a phone message and e-mail seeking more comment.

The stunning allegations served as a major distraction for Roethlisberger as the Steelers get ready to report to camp next week. The Steelers and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said they were looking into the allegations against Roethlisberger, who has won two Super Bowls in his five-year career and is one of the biggest names in sports.

"I don't know enough of the details, but it's a civil lawsuit. It's something that we obviously will look into," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Tuesday when asked about it in New York during an unrelated news conference. "I've been in touch with the Steelers about it."

Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said the team was aware of the lawsuit, and "we are gathering information."

Lockett confirmed that Roethlisberger had canceled a news conference scheduled for Thursday to promote Shaquille O'Neal's new TV series that debuts Aug. 8 on ABC. Roethlisberger is one of the top athletes the NBA All-Star center intends to challenge in a series of skills tests in their respective sports.

The lawsuit seeks a minimum of $440,000 in damages from the quarterback, at least $50,000 in damages from the Harrah's officials and an unspecified amount of punitive damages "sufficient to deter" Roethlisberger and the others "from engaging in such conduct in the future." The suit alleges hotel officials for Harrah's Lake Tahoe tried to cover up the incident.

The woman's lawsuit says she didn't file a criminal complaint because she feared Harrah's would side with Roethlisberger and she would be fired.

The woman said Roethlisberger struck up a friendly conversation at her desk during the golf tournament.

The next night, she said he telephoned her to tell her his television sound system wasn't working and asked her to look at it. She said she was unable to find a technician so she handled it herself because she had been told it was important to please the celebrities.

In Roethlisberger's room she said she determined the TV was functioning properly but as she turned to leave, the 6-foot-5, 240-pound quarterback blocked her exit, the suit claims.

The lawsuit said he grabbed her and started to kiss her. It said she was "shocked and stunned that this previously friendly man, that appeared to be a gentleman in her previous contacts with him was suddenly preventing her from leaving, was assaulting her and battering her."

She said she feared that because he was a football player he could or would physically harm her if she tried to fight him off, but that she objected and protested several times.

"But instead of stopping, Roethlisberger began fondling plaintiff through her dress and between her legs," the suit said. He then "held her against her will and physically moved plaintiff and pushed her onto his bed" where he raped her, the suit says.

She told him, "You don't want to do this," and begged him "I am not on any type of birth control."

Afterward, he asked if there was a security camera in the hallway. She said he then instructed her to claim she had repaired his television if anyone asked why she was in his room.

The lawsuit says the woman required hospitalization for treatment for depression after the alleged attack.

Efforts to reach the woman Tuesday were unsuccessful.

The woman's lawyer, Calvin R. Dunlap, declined to answer questions about the lack of a criminal complaint and why the civil action was brought a year after the incident allegedly took place.

"Neither I nor our client will be making any comment," Dunlap said in an e-mail. "We believe the matter should be resolved in court rather than in the media."

Teresa Duffy, a spokeswoman for the sheriff's office in Douglas County, which includes part of Lake Tahoe, said no complaints were filed about such an incident either with sheriff's deputies or the district attorney's office.

The lawsuit also names eight Harrah's employees as defendants and alleges the cover-up involved the chief of security at Harrah's Lake Tahoe and was carried out with the knowledge of John Koster, president of Harrah's northern Nevada operations.

John Packer, spokesman for the hotel-casino, did not immediately return a telephone call seeking comment.

Harrah's Entertainment, the hotel-casino's parent company, declined comment.

"We don't comment on pending legal matters," Jacqueline Peterson said from company headquarters in Las Vegas.

Last week Roethlisberger played in the 20th annual American Century Celebrity Golf Tournament at Lake Tahoe, finishing tied for 30th in the field of 89 golfers. It was not immediately known if he stayed at Harrah's.

Copyright 2009 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

fezziwig
07-22-2009, 02:27 PM
ha, ha ! " Which lie do I believe here ." Funny and very well put.

flippy
07-22-2009, 02:30 PM
I wonder if JD will be summoned and his fork will be tested for DNA evidence????

JDSteeler
07-22-2009, 02:46 PM
I wonder if JD will be summoned and his fork will be tested for DNA evidence????

The "Fork" was obtained 2-years prior to this alleged matter.

Therefore, the "Fork" is of no evidence to the Plaintiff.

JD

Jooser
07-22-2009, 03:01 PM
I won't post any more of Florio's garbage on this matter, but I will say this: He's still fanning the flames, more so towards ESPN than BB at this point. He claims it's anything from poor journalistic judgment to outright racism. One thing he's failed to report today is the quote from the sheriff's office in Reno that said they have NO plans to criminally investigate BB(though RB posted it here). I guess that's sort of a wet blanket thrown over chicken little's embers. If you're going to headline the bad, you should headline the good. His website looked ever more like the sports soap opera than it usually does....

-Joos

UPDATE: PFT finally posted this story about 5 minutes ago....though they couldn't help put their own spin on the title of their post...

No Plans to Investigate Roethlisberger, YET

Their obvious emphasis on YET, of course. Yes the plaintiff could still make the ill-fated decision to go and file a criminal complaint, but if she's lying, that's a very risky move. So PFT wants to portray this in a light that arouses the most suspicion despite the real story being all the words in front of their comma.

BURGH86STEEL
07-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Amazing that athletes continue to put themselves in these situations.

SteelBucks
07-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Ben sure knows how to have interesting off seasons after a championship. Wonder what he'll do next year after they win title #7? Hopefully something useful.....develop a cure for cancer, improve the economy, fix the Pirates, etc.

I'm hoping this gets resolved quickly and doesn't linger into the season.

phillyesq
07-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Ben sure knows how to have interesting off seasons after a championship. Wonder what he'll do next year after they win title #7? Hopefully something useful.....develop a cure for cancer, improve the economy, fix the Pirates, etc.

Of the three possibilities listed for next offseason, I think that curing cancer and improving the economy much more likely to happen than fixing the Pirates. He could probably even do both in less time than it would take to fix the that mess. :lol:

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
07-22-2009, 04:36 PM

Then you know how the saying goes...
Then It is chit!!! :wink:

JAR
07-22-2009, 05:14 PM
this story is complete BS. She goes to his room because there is no one else to fix his TV, he blocks her in, she says she's not on any kind of birth control, Ben assaults her, 8 other people keep the story hidden and all she wants is money. Most victims of rape would want the SOB behind bars.

This case is going no where!

MeetJoeGreene
07-22-2009, 05:43 PM

Given the particulars of this alleged case hopefully she didn't save any physical evidence (i.e. a squirt of greatness).

:wft

phillyesq
07-22-2009, 05:54 PM
this story is complete BS. She goes to his room because there is no one else to fix his TV, he blocks her in, she says she's not on any kind of birth control, Ben assaults her, 8 other people keep the story hidden and all she wants is money. Most victims of rape would want the SOB behind bars.

This case is going no where!

And don't forget one of my personal favorites -- her allegations that high level executives at Harrah's entered her home and altered and deleted computer files as part of the alleged cover-up.

stlrz d
07-22-2009, 05:58 PM

Can you elaborate with regards to this instance?

Jom112
07-22-2009, 06:17 PM

There are a lot of limitations on what the Medical Staff can and can't do. Either way if a complaint of assault was made to the Medical Staff, it wouldn't (Or at least shouldn't) be made public. Law enforcement can probably be called in but they can't go public with any of that information. It might come out during the trial but I would doubt that any of that information would come out before hand...

Jooser
07-22-2009, 06:31 PM

Yes please do...

BURGH86STEEL
07-22-2009, 07:33 PM

Yes please do...

"The next night, she said he telephoned her to tell her his television sound system wasn't working and asked her to look at it. She said she was unable to find a technician so she handled it herself because she had been told it was important to please the celebrities."

Knowing that there are people in this world out to get athletes, he allowed himself to be in that situation.

feelthesteel
07-22-2009, 07:35 PM
Sources connected to the Ben Roethlisberger sexual assault case claim the psychiatric care the accuser says she's under has nothing to do with Ben .... it has to do with a relationship she had with a man who never existed.

Andrea McNulty has sued Roethlisberger, the Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl champ, claiming he sexually assaulted her in July 2008. Sources tell us Roethlisberger and McNulty had a sexual liaison at the time but Ben insists it was purely consensual. We're told the two knew each other because Ben had stayed at Harrah's in Lake Tahoe over the last several years for golf tournaments -- and she worked at the hotel.

Sources connected with the case tell us a former co-worker of McNulty's at Harrah's came forward with this incredible story -- that around the time McNulty hooked up with Roethlisberger, she was allegedly involved with a married man. The man's wife, we're told, created an email account, posing as a U.S. soldier in Iraq. The wife began corresponding with McNulty to gain information. We're told the former co-worker has said McNulty fell in love with the fictitious soldier and began telling people she was engaged to him. When the wife stopped the correspondence, McNulty then began telling people the soldier was killed in action.

We're told McNulty told at least one co-worker she began seeing a psychiatrist because of the phantom soldier.

We tried repeatedly getting in touch with McNulty. So far we have been unable to reach her.

feelthesteel
07-22-2009, 07:48 PM
http://www.rgj.com/assets/pdf/J7138957721.PDF

stlrz d
07-22-2009, 08:25 PM

Yes please do...

"The next night, she said he telephoned her to tell her his television sound system wasn't working and asked her to look at it. She said she was unable to find a technician so she handled it herself because she had been told it was important to please the celebrities."

Knowing that there are people in this world out to get athletes, he allowed himself to be in that situation.

So because she said this it's true?

feelthesteel
07-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Dont worry i will pull out

BURGH86STEEL
07-22-2009, 09:46 PM
[quote=BURGH86STEEL]Amazing that athletes continue to put themselves in these situations.

Yes please do...

So because she said this it's true?[/quote:3w1464t6]

Maybe there is some truth to the story? At this point, no one can say for sure.

He is in this situation for a reason. He is not the first to be in this kind of situation and he will not be the last. I find it foolish that athletes continue to put themselves in bad situations. It is really not the complicated a statement. It does not have to be over analyzed or taken the wrong way. It is what it is.

papillon
07-22-2009, 10:04 PM

I'll help him out here. A man with the financial means that Ben Roethlisberger has does not need to pick up the concierge or VIP "Head" nurse at a Las Vegas hotel to catch a nut. Get an escort or two or go for the full monte and get three if you so desire, but hire a professional that is discreet and tested regularly. That's the situation he put himself in by not using his head, well, not using the correct head for thinking.

I'm not saying Ben is at fault or did anything that heinous in this instance, however, he did put himself in a bad situation.

Pappy

fezziwig
07-22-2009, 10:10 PM

he'll probably mount some chick on his motorcycle while driving down the freeway. now that's an encore.

Herewegosteelers!
07-22-2009, 10:25 PM
The Bus came out of it okay when the false allegations where pointed at him and Ben will be okay too.

fezziwig
07-22-2009, 10:41 PM
The Bus came out of it okay when the false allegations where pointed at him and Ben will be okay too.

I hope it turns out that way too. Bens a higher profile player than the Bus so, it will probably take a little longer for the dust to settle.

BURGH86STEEL
07-22-2009, 11:27 PM

I'll help him out here. A man with the financial means that Ben Roethlisberger has does not need to pick up the concierge or VIP "Head" nurse at a Las Vegas hotel to catch a nut. Get an escort or two or go for the full monte and get three if you so desire, but hire a professional that is discreet and tested regularly. That's the situation he put himself in by not using his head, well, not using the correct head for thinking.

I'm not saying Ben is at fault or did anything that heinous in this instance, however, he did put himself in a bad situation.

Pappy

Thanks, I am glad someone understands where I am coming from. I did not insinuate that Ben did anything wrong. Ben seems like a quality individual. That being said, none of us knows him or what he is capable of doing. In a lot of cases, athletes are not use to hearing the word no from people. Who knows what they are capable of when they hear that word?

I just figure athletes would be a little more careful with the company they keep. Especially with the bad experiences that Tyson, Kobe, Vick, Lewis, teammates, and other high profile athletes have gone through. He could of had the girl sign a contract or had a witness there. That is why it amazes me and it is foolish for these athletes to continue to put themselves in bad situations. For them, there is to much at stake.

stlrz d
07-23-2009, 06:41 AM
Thank you for elaborating. Your initial statement was pretty wide open to interpretation.

frankthetank1
07-23-2009, 07:37 AM
its always something in the offseason isn't it? well i guess this isnt half as bad as his motorcycle accident or joey porter getting shot but its still annoying. my guess is this case will be dropped within the next month. first of all she never filed a criminal suit yet the allegations are extremely serious. so serious if they were really true a victim would run not walk to their nearest police station to report the incident. it happened a year ago so that is another red flag to a frivelous lawsuit. i feel bad for ben, his rep will probably always be a little tainted now. even if this lawsuit never goes to court and is proven false there will always be some people who see him as a rapist and that is sad.

Ozey74
07-23-2009, 07:56 AM
my guess is this case will be dropped within the next month.

That's what I think too. Authorities have already stated their wont be an investigation. Without an investigation, what else can come of this? No physical proof & no other witnesses makes it difficult for further action to occur.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
07-23-2009, 08:24 AM
Here's my 2 scoops of Nastiness...

First...For the ladies...No means no. If these accusations are true...Ben should have the book thrown at him like anyone else.

But...

From reading the whole complaint...One thing that really bothers me is this.

If you were raped and experienced such trama...The moment your rapist allowed you to get up and leave...The first thing that popped inside your head was the thought about loosing your job and freshining up??? I mean, scream "Bloody Rape" and get help when the evidence is on your belly!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

These next statments are in pure specualtion that Ben actually had consentual sex with this girl.

As far as one person saying "Ben putting himself in that position"...I agree. I would not be surprised...It will come out...That Ben had sex with this girl. The part about "putting yourself in that position" is this. A man of his stature takes a huge risk having sexually relations with a person they do not know or just met. Huge risk!!! Not to mention...I'm not even talking about the health risk of unprotected sex...I'm talking about the "I T Y 's"... Accountabilty, Responsibilty, and Liabilty!!! You open yourself up to nothing but possible problems. That is one reason agents tell young players it would be a good idea to find someone to settle down with when they get that big contract. If he did have sex with her...He did put himself at risk. That doesn't make him any more at fault if all this turns out to be lies...He just made a stupid decision. Even if these accusations are found to be false or can not be proven true...It very well could put a "black eye" on his career. That is truely where this "lack of judgement" could hurt him.

papillon
07-23-2009, 08:59 AM

First...For the ladies...No means no. If these accusations are true...Ben should have the book thrown at him like anyone else.

But...

If you were raped and experienced such trama...The moment your rapist allowed you to get up and leave...The first thing that popped inside your head was the thought about loosing your job and freshining up??? I mean, scream "Bloody Rape" and get help when the evidence is on your belly!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

These next statments are in pure specualtion that Ben actually had consentual sex with this girl.

As far as one person saying "Ben putting himself in that position"...I agree. I would not be surprised...It will come out...That Ben had sex with this girl. The part about "putting yourself in that position" is this. A man of his stature takes a huge risk having sexually relations with a person they do not know or just met. Huge risk!!! Not to mention...I'm not even talking about the health risk of unprotected sex...I'm talking about the "I T Y 's"... Accountabilty, Responsibilty, and Liabilty!!! You open yourself up to nothing but possible problems. That is one reason agents tell young players it would be a good idea to find someone to settle down with when they get that big contract. If he did have sex with her...He did put himself at risk. That doesn't make him any more at fault if all this turns out to be lies...He just made a stupid decision. Even if these accusations are found to be false or can not be proven true...It very well could put a "black eye" on his career. That is truely where this "lack of judgement" could hurt him.

Yea, it's one thing for the average Joe to go out clubbing and picking up a gal for the evening. Typically, even when you do succeed in this venture you actually have either met or spoken to the woman prior and have an inkling of her past. Being a 100 million dollar quarterback of the Super Bowl champions simply adds unnecessary risk to the equation. Had some other fellow staying at the hotel been her partner the lawsuit would not even have been filed. There is potential here for monetary gain and this is the only reason this lawsuit will see the light of day.

Still a bad decision on Ben's part; it's too easy for him to find a woman to take this risk.

Pappy

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
07-23-2009, 10:29 AM

But...

Yea, it's one thing for the average Joe to go out clubbing and picking up a gal for the evening. Typically, even when you do succeed in this venture you actually have either met or spoken to the woman prior and have an inkling of her past. Being a 100 million dollar quarterback of the Super Bowl champions simply adds unnecessary risk to the equation. Had some other fellow staying at the hotel been her partner the lawsuit would not even have been filed. There is potential here for monetary gain and this is the only reason this lawsuit will see the light of day.

Still a bad decision on Ben's part; it's too easy for him to find a woman to take this risk.

Pappy

And you know what Pap...The bad thing about the whole situation is we very well might never know the truth. The lawyers for Ben are going to look at both outcomes and probably advise him the best thing to do is pay her. A deal will be struck and neither sides will be able to talk about it again. An educated person will know what happened and why Ben was advised to pay her but many people will speculate in the other direction. Ben's image will be tarnished and he will be booed at visiting stadiums. The other choice would be to fight it and you never know what happens there. Still, it would be a distraction and a draining experience on Ben and his career. There really isn't a good outcome unless by some miracle Ben's attorneys agree to pay her if she comes forward and tells everyone she lied and she is mentally ill. I don't see that happening!!!

pfelix73
07-23-2009, 10:38 AM
This is a civil lawsuit for $, not criminal. It's up to the lawyer and the complainant as whether or not to drop the case.....

He may have to give her some $, or he'll be paying a fortune in atty's fees. Then if he loses, he'll be paying her atty's fees too.

phillyesq
07-23-2009, 10:57 AM
This is a civil lawsuit for $, not criminal. It's up to the lawyer and the complainant as whether or not to drop the case.....

He may have to give her some $, or he'll be paying a fortune in atty's fees. Then if he loses, he'll be paying her atty's fees too.

You are right that he will likely end up with astronomical attorneys' fees. However, it is incredibly rare for a civil defendant to have to pay attorneys' fees for the plaintiff. I'm sure that she requested them in her suit, as almost everybody does, but they are never granted. The attorney representing the plaintiff will take 33-40%, plus expenses, but at least it will come from the plaintiff, and not from Ben.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
07-23-2009, 11:12 AM

I'm not sure who you are talking to or what you are talking about? If it is me, I never said Ben's attorneys will drop the case. Since it is a civil lawsuit for $, and Ben being part of it, we all know he will be advised what is best for him...His name...His career. Money will not be the issue or the reason for the outcome. Only the girl can press criminal charges and she is holding that card as leverage. Regardless of proof, when it becomes a felony, it will get ugly. What kind of image do you think of seeing Ben walking into the police station to turn himself in after it is filed and the process begins. Ugly...to Uglier. Just like Koby when the criminal charges were dropped and the civil suit was settled out of court. Thankfully for Koby, his "black eye" healed over time. If she doesn't withdraw the complaint...That is the best Ben could ask for if she goes forward with this. I'm no lawyer but maybe someone else has better knowledge of law to confirm. She could win the civil suit and decide to press criminal charges after that as long as it is within the statute of limitations (Nevada law?). Like I said...Ugly to Uglier!

papillon
07-23-2009, 11:21 AM
[quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":2tuyxcpt]Here's my 2 scoops of Nastiness...

But...

Pappy

And you know what Pap...The bad thing about the whole situation is we very well might never know the truth. The lawyers for Ben are going to look at both outcomes and probably advise him the best thing to do is pay her. A deal will be struck and neither sides will be able to talk about it again. An educated person will know what happened and why Ben was advised to pay her but many people will speculate in the other direction. Ben's image will be tarnished and he will be booed at visiting stadiums. The other choice would be to fight it and you never know what happens there. Still, it would be a distraction and a draining experience on Ben and his career. There really isn't a good outcome unless by some miracle Ben's attorneys agree to pay her if she comes forward and tells everyone she lied and she is mentally ill. I don't see that happening!!![/quote:2tuyxcpt]

Yea, I'd like to know the truth (or maybe not), but, only two people know the truth and they each have differing account of the events of that evening. Players are warned against this behavior and are tutored about the realities of becoming rich and famous. Regardless, of how much you want to be the same guy that all your friends grew up with you simply can't be that person. You can't go out clubbing with your friends and pick up chicks, you're friends can, but you can't and you shouldn't get really drunk anywhere (particularly in public), but in the privacy of your home and then only with your most trusted friends and family.

Life changes for these young guys and it takes something like this to hammer that concept home. Hopefully, for the Steelers sake this is simply a learning experience for Ben and not damaging to his ability to quarterback the Steelers.

Pappy

Ghost
07-23-2009, 11:35 AM
I don't think Ben hired a lawyer form Atlanta who specializes in Sports cases and is nick-named "The Wolf" to play nice. He went out and got a "big gun" to fight.

It sucks that it will cost a fortune but if I was truely innocent there's no way I'd give this chick a dime!

And her attorney has come out and said he's shocked by the amount of publicity? Really, dumb-ass, you are surprised that there's interest when you are suing the QB fro the the Super Bowl Champions...

RussBII
07-23-2009, 11:40 AM
I've pretty much skimmed through this huge thread, so if this point has been made please disregard it.

One of the things I keep seeing is the notion of what a poster would do if they were in McNulty's situation. How they'd report it immediately.

I like to think that we'd all report it immediately, but god willing, not one of us really knows what happens to your mind/emotions when something this traumatic happens. Obviously, this girl has some issues from a previous episode (falling in love with a non-existent soldier). There's absolutely no way any of us can know what was actually going through her mind immediately following the encounter. Furthermore, none of us can gauge how we'd handle it.

That being said, I find this whole thing to be highly sketchy. I hope Ben is telling the truth and it works out for him. If does wind up being a phony charge, then it just makes the next athlete/rape case even more suspect, and that's not fair to any future victims.

grotonsteel
07-23-2009, 11:41 AM
I am surprised Big Ben was busting her without a rubber...is he not worried about HIV?

I think Ben should be slapped atleast 500K just for hitting that beaver...

From Natalie to Andrea...Ohh how the mighty have fallen....

Even though Big Ben seems innocent at this juncture..i think the damage has been done. He will always be called a rapist in enemy territory. He will have to live with it for rest of his life.

Best way is to pay that beaver...and close the deal ASAP.I just hope that this does not become a distraction in the camp and upcoming season.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
07-23-2009, 12:02 PM
I am surprised Big Ben was busting her without a rubber...is he not worried about HIV?

I think Ben should be slapped atleast 500K just for hitting that beaver...

From Natalie to Andrea...Ohh how the mighty have fallen....

Even though Big Ben seems innocent at this juncture..i think the damage has been done. He will always be called a rapist in enemy territory. He will have to live with it for rest of his life.

Best way is to pay that beaver...and close the deal ASAP.I just hope that this does not become a distraction in the camp and upcoming season.
Thanks...Made me smile!

ikestops85
07-23-2009, 12:33 PM
While I certainly hope none of this story is true -- or Ben will drop from being one of my favorite Steelers to one whose name is not mentioned -- why do some automatically assume Ben put himself in a bad position. Let's say Ben's tv was not working and he called down to the desk to get it fixed. That's something almost everyone would do. The plantiff finds out about it and goes to his room and fixes his tv. Now what has Ben done to put himself in a bad situation? Should he have not reported the problem about the tv? Assuming Ben did something wrong is as bad as assuming the plantiff is not telling the truth. We really don't know what the truth is and we probably never will no matter what the outcome.

Damn, when does the season start? :tt2

pfelix73
07-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Lawyer on ESPN just said a possibility to resolve this would be that Harrah's would pay her medical bills, etc considering they are a publicly held co. The lawsuit would then be dropped.

Also said IF this goes to a jury we're looking at over a year from now.

He also said it's too late for her to really file anything criminal against him.

He said/ she said kind of thing.... It would depend on if she went to the hospital right after alleged incident and there's documented records.

papillon
07-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Lawyer on ESPN just said a possibility to resolve this would be that Harrah's would pay her medical bills, etc considering they are a publicly held co. The lawsuit would then be dropped.

Also said IF this goes to a jury we're looking at over a year from now.

He also said it's too late for her to really file anything criminal against him.

He said/ she said kind of thing.... It would depend on if she went to the hospital right after alleged incident and there's documented records.

Her attorney probably told her, "file the suit for 1/2 million dollars, that's chump change for Harrahs and Roethlisberger, one of them will pay just to see this go away." They never got to level two thinking about the consequences and reactions that would most certainly occur.

Pappy

NC Steeler Fan
07-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Okay, as I understand it, the woman is seeking money for
$300k worth of medical expenses as a result of tramuatization
from this supposed assault.

My point is that if the health care workers were ever given any
inkling that this was a sexual assualt (psychotherapists, clinicians, etc.)
I believe they do have a duty to contact law enforcement.

I know all about HIPPAA from the standpoint of releasing medical conditions,
treatments, diagnoses, etc., but I'm pretty sure that evidence of a
crime has to be at least reported.

So, again, I say, howinthehell does she keep this thing under wraps for
an entire year????

Not buying it...

Oviedo
07-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Okay, as I understand it, the woman is seeking money for
$300k worth of medical expenses as a result of tramuatization
from this supposed assault.

My point is that if the health care workers were ever given any
inkling that this was a sexual assualt (psychotherapists, clinicians, etc.)
I believe they do have a duty to contact law enforcement.

I know all about HIPPAA from the standpoint of releasing medical conditions,
treatments, diagnoses, etc., but I'm pretty sure that evidence of a
crime has to be at least reported.

So, again, I say, howinthehell does she keep this thing under wraps for
an entire year????

Not buying it...

Legally Ben should go after this "lady" with everything he got until she can't wait to go running back to Canada as fast as she can. Hopefully they file slander and libel countersuits as soon as possible.

I know from a convenience standpoint Ben probably just wants this to go away but long term he owes it to himself to be exonerated.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
07-23-2009, 03:44 PM
While I certainly hope none of this story is true -- or Ben will drop from being one of my favorite Steelers to one whose name is not mentioned -- why do some automatically assume Ben put himself in a bad position. Let's say Ben's tv was not working and he called down to the desk to get it fixed. That's something almost everyone would do. The plantiff finds out about it and goes to his room and fixes his tv. Now what has Ben done to put himself in a bad situation? Should he have not reported the problem about the tv? Assuming Ben did something wrong is as bad as assuming the plantiff is not telling the truth. We really don't know what the truth is and we probably never will no matter what the outcome.

"Bad Position" is under the assumption he had consentual sex with her....A person he doesn't know. If that assumption is wrong then Ben didn't put himself in a bad situation. I'm making the assumption based upon Ben or his lawyer never denied Ben had sex with her...Just never sexually assulted her.

Oviedo
07-23-2009, 03:53 PM

"Bad Position" is under the assumption he had consentual sex with her....A person he doesn't know. If that assumption is wrong then Ben didn't put himself in a bad situation. I'm making the assumption based upon Ben or his lawyer never denied Ben had sex with her...Just never sexually assulted her.

In today's society when you are young, rich and famous you should not be anywhere alone with a single female stranger. Unless the female is a trusted confidant you had better either have someone else there or be in a public place. It is sad but when you are young, rich and famous you do not get to have normal social interactions or stuff like this happens to you. You have to have a very small inner circle of female "friends" that you trust explicitedly. Too many kooks out there.

Ben needs to go marry Missy Peregrym and be a good husband. If not he will continue to be a target for gold diggers.

RuthlessBurgher
07-23-2009, 03:56 PM

In today's society when you are young, rich and famous you should not be anywhere alone with a single female stranger. Unless the female is a trusted confidant you had better either have someone else there or be in a public place. It is sad but when you are young, rich and famous you do not get to have normal social interactions or stuff like this happens to you. You have to have a very small inner circle of female "friends" that you trust explicitedly. Too many kooks out there.

Ben needs to go marry Missy Peregrym and be a good husband. If not he will continue to be a target for gold diggers.

Marriage does not eliminate psychos and/or gold diggers from still persuing a famous athlete. See: McNair, Steve.

kindlecatsb'ng
07-23-2009, 04:08 PM
As a woman who travels quite a bit (and alone), one of the security tips is to leavie the door open & never be alone in a hotel room with a member of the staff (particularly opposite sex). The door can be propped open when someone comes from housekeeping, to fix the TV, bring in a refrigerator, room service etc.

I truly hope this drives home a lesson to the entire team. Each of those men are a rich commodity so they must use more common sense to protect themselves and their reputations.

As a woman, this civil suit reeks; however, there are those out there who will do anything for their 15 minutes of fame and $.

Looking forward to Steeler Football!

:tt2

skyhawk
07-23-2009, 05:36 PM
I just hate this kind of stuff.

I am very concerned because of the level of details and the number of people named in the suit. If things were not true it would be highly unlikely that all those details and accusations could be proven.

All this reeks of a major cover-up. To the extent that Ben raped or assaulted her may never be known, but something happened.

stlrz d
07-23-2009, 06:16 PM
He says he is going to fight this!!!

I'm thrilled!!!

That crazy beyatch doesn't deserve a damn dime!

I hope after he's proven to be innocent he turns around and buries her with a defamation of character suit!!!

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2

By the way, I loved his demeanor at his presser. He didn't sound scared at all...he sounded PISSED OFF!!!

stlrz d
07-23-2009, 06:19 PM

I am very concerned because of the level of details and the number of people named in the suit. If things were not true it would be highly unlikely that all those details and accusations could be proven.

All this reeks of a major cover-up. To the extent that Ben raped or assaulted her may never be known, but something happened.

They had consensual sex. Woman goes crazy over imaginary internet lover...woman racks up nearly $400k in hospital bills...woman doesn't know how she's going to pay those bills...woman remembers she had sex with a QB who recently signed a $100 million contract...woman changes story to rape...woman hopes to cash in and get her bills paid.

That's what happened. ;)

skyhawk
07-23-2009, 06:31 PM
I hope so. This sucks regardless of his innocence.

Ozey74
07-23-2009, 07:33 PM

They had consensual sex. Woman goes crazy over imaginary internet lover...woman racks up nearly $400k in hospital bills...woman doesn't know how she's going to pay those bills...woman remembers she had sex with a QB who recently signed a $100 million contract...woman changes story to rape...woman hopes to cash in and get her bills paid.

That's what happened. ;)

All the dots seem to connect to this scenerio Ruthless. I agree with you.

RuthlessBurgher
07-23-2009, 07:38 PM

That's what happened. ;)

All the dots seem to connect to this scenerio Ruthless. I agree with you.

Darn you! You figured me out! I am actually stlrz_d as well. :wink:

Ozey74
07-23-2009, 07:45 PM
:oops:

RuthlessBurgher
07-23-2009, 08:04 PM

If you assume that any random post was written by either me or stlrz_d's you are likely to be correct more often than not. :lol:

Ozey74
07-23-2009, 08:11 PM
I know. All the "regulars" sigs are hard to keep straight as to who's sigs go to which poster. I should make flash cards and quiz myself.

:wink:

stlrz d
07-23-2009, 09:50 PM

If you assume that any random post was written by either me or stlrz_d's you are likely to be correct more often than not. :lol:

http://www.annandave.org/Fence%20post.jpg

skyhawk
07-23-2009, 11:03 PM
That's funny!

Iron Shiek
07-24-2009, 01:20 AM
That's quite a large random post...I almost couldn't tell what your point was.

Anyway...here's another:

http://www.dklphotography.co.uk/photo-gallery/d/268-13/Paris_Metro_Lamp_Post.jpg

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
07-24-2009, 09:47 AM

Marriage does not eliminate psychos and/or gold diggers from still persuing a famous athlete. See: McNair, Steve.

Never said eliminated. But "Statistically"...A woman(some) is less likely to approach and/or pursue a man intimately if they are attached or married. Statistically. Then, some men who are attached or married "Statistically" would not pursue a woman who offered an intimate encounter. Statistically. Doesn't mean it still won't happen...But you thinned out the heard. Follow me?

Equation: Married Millionare+cheating=Half of yours is mine!

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
07-24-2009, 09:54 AM

They had consensual sex. Woman goes crazy over imaginary internet lover...woman racks up nearly $400k in hospital bills...woman doesn't know how she's going to pay those bills...Woman gets first negative write up at work...Woman gets demoted...Womans job in jeopardy...woman remembers she had sex with a QB who recently signed a $100 million contract...woman changes story to rape...woman hopes to cash in and get her bills paid.

That's what happened. ;)
Added to your plot...

Sounds like....
"Story at 11."
"Directed by Ron Howard..."
Or better yet..."Case dismissed!!!"

Steelgal
07-24-2009, 11:51 PM
Found this on another website

NFL insider Adam Schefter reported on his Twitter account that what he's hearing about Ben Roethlisberger's sexual assault allegations "look very good" for the quarterback.

"Let's just say that sometimes there are things you hear and know, and the things I'm hearing and knowing look very good for Ben," wrote Schefter. Our favorite league insider added that ESPN's handling of the Big Ben story "will be proven 100% correct."
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Ozey74
07-25-2009, 12:18 AM

NFL insider Adam Schefter reported on his Twitter account that what he's hearing about Ben Roethlisberger's sexual assault allegations "look very good" for the quarterback.

"Let's just say that sometimes there are things you hear and know, and the things I'm hearing and knowing look very good for Ben," wrote Schefter. Our favorite league insider added that ESPN's handling of the Big Ben story "will be proven 100% correct."

Great find!! Can't wait to see this unfold.

stlrz d
07-25-2009, 09:26 AM

Great find!! Can't wait to see this unfold.

Ditto!!!