PDA

View Full Version : Coming to KC to see the Steelers? You'll pay more for it.

HardlinerKC
07-20-2009, 04:32 PM
The Steelers are a hot and pricey ticket at Arrowhead this coming season, as the following news blurb indicates:

Single game tickets for Chiefs home games will go on sale on Friday, July 31st.

And if you want to see Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys and Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers at Arrowhead Stadium, itís going to cost you double.

Following the lead of many other professional and college teams, the Chiefs are requiring anyone who wants to buy seats for the Cowboys and Steelers to buy seats for one of the teamís pre-season games.

Want to see Dallas on October 11? Then youíll have to buy the same number of seats to see the Houston Texans on August 15.

Fans that want to see the defending Super Bowl champion Steelers on November 22, will have to buy tickets to see the Seattle Seahawks on August 29.

No such requirements for the other six home games against Denver, San Diego, Oakland, Cleveland, Buffalo and the New York Giants.

Hometown fans are less than pleased to be held hostage for the hot games but, it is what it is. Thought you guys would find this interesting.

Discipline of Steel
07-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Maybe its a defense against teams with fan bases that travel well.

papillon
07-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Well, if I'm paying to fly to KC, rent a hotel room, eat, go to strip clubs, drink beer and watch a Steeler game, I'm not going to worry about another $150 for a ticket I'll never use. I'll just try to sell it and if not, oh well.

I may attempt to make it to this game; I've always liked the Chiefs as much as I can like a team other than the Steelers.

Pappy

steelernation77
07-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Well I always get free skybox tickets at Arrowhead when the Stillers are in town, so don't worry about me Hardliner, I'll be there.

HardlinerKC
07-21-2009, 08:36 AM
Well, if I'm paying to fly to KC, rent a hotel room, eat, go to strip clubs, drink beer and watch a Steeler game, I'm not going to worry about another $150 for a ticket I'll never use. I'll just try to sell it and if not, oh well.

I may attempt to make it to this game; I've always liked the Chiefs as much as I can like a team other than the Steelers.

Pappy

We'll be proud to have you and the other Steeler fans, Pappy. Most all Chiefs fans I know respect the Steel and their organization. It helps, though, that the Steelers aren't in the same division as you can imagine? Ask a Chief's fan how they feel about Denver or Oakland, for example, and you'll get a far different answer.

By the way, there is this addendum news blurb on the thread topic:

Also on eBay was an auction for a pair of tickets to the Seahawks-Chiefs pre-season game at Arrowhead; thatís the game you would have to buy if you want to see the Steelers in Kansas City. There had been four bids and the price was up to $15. Not per ticket, thatís total. Another auction had a pair of lower level tickets available for the Steelers-Chiefs game with the price now at $349.

Ghost
07-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Hardliner - as a Cheifs fan to you find that kind of embarrassing? This certainly seems to be how they are limiting the number of Steelers and Cowboys fans at that particular game. I'd be embarrassed if the Steelers ever did this with Heinz field.

HardlinerKC
07-22-2009, 10:26 PM
Hardliner - as a Cheifs fan to you find that kind of embarrassing? This certainly seems to be how they are limiting the number of Steelers and Cowboys fans at that particular game. I'd be embarrassed if the Steelers ever did this with Heinz field.

Ghost,

I think it's bush league all the way and yes, embarrassing. Owner Clark Hunt is obviously feeling the pinch of a sagging economy coupled with equally sagging season ticket sales, not to mention being on the hook for about $150 Million of his own money to help fund the major renovation of Arrowhead currently underway.

If anything, he ought to be lowering ticket prices across the board given the sorry record of his team the last couple of seasons. Instead, he comes up with this bizzare ploy which is only incurring the wrath of the Chief's faithful.

You would think someone would have given him a better plan.