PDA

View Full Version : Questions About Ryan Clark.

DkBlue
07-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Perhaps there is a doctor in the group that can provide some input from the medical side regarding Clark.

Last year his sickle cell problem surfaced in Denver supposedly based on hte altitude, slightly over 5,000 feet.

Airliners pressurize their cabins down to 7,000 feet on the average and one wonder why that does not affect Clark.

The big question is will he be able to play in Denver this year?

stlrz d
07-19-2009, 08:31 PM
I can't answer your question about planes, but I do know he has said he's taking a "wait and see" approach for the Denver game, but most believe he will not play.

DkBlue
07-19-2009, 08:48 PM
I can't answer your question about planes, but I do know he has said he's taking a "wait and see" approach for the Denver game, but most believe he will not play.

Must be kind of scary for him.

stlrz d
07-19-2009, 09:25 PM

Must be kind of scary for him.

I would think so.

RuthlessBurgher
07-20-2009, 09:12 AM
I'm not a doctor, but I would guess that the physical exertion required during the playing of the actual game can exacerbate the condition. If he spent a 3 hour flight running up and down the aisles of the plane, hitting people and being hit, it probably could cause problems for him just like in Denver. Just a thought (with no actual scientific proof behind it, so take it with a grain of salt as just a possibility from the mind of Ruthless).

DkBlue
07-20-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm not a doctor, but I would guess that the physical exertion required during the playing of the actual game can exacerbate the condition. If he spent a 3 hour flight running up and down the aisles of the plane, hitting people and being hit, it probably could cause problems for him just like in Denver. Just a thought (with no actual scientific proof behind it, so take it with a grain of salt as just a possibility from the mind of Ruthless).

That is a good point.