PDA

View Full Version : Redskins get Kentucky d-lineman Supplemental Draft 3rd round

RuthlessBurgher
07-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Once again, the Supplemental Draft goes by without any action by our Steelers (not that I was expecting anything). I was interested in Jared Gaither in the supplemental draft a few years ago, but apparently the team is not interested in using any of next year's draft picks for a guy who likely has some type of character flaw (or else he would be in regular draft with everyone else).

Updated: July 16, 2009, 2:43 PM ET
Jarmon picked in third round
ESPN.com news services

The Washington Redskins selected defensive lineman Jeremy Jarmon in the third round of Thursday's supplemental draft.

Jarmon was the only player selected.

The 6-foot-3, 278-pound Jarmon left Kentucky because he was declared ineligible for his senior year because of a failed drug test after testing positive for a banned diuretic supplement.

Jarmon fits perfectly in a 4-3 defense. He can play end or tackle.

Jarmon took the supplement while recovering from a shoulder injury and was not taking part in activities. He had been taking the supplement for 15 days before checking with the training staff, who told him to stop taking it.

"But it was too late," Jarmon said, reading from a prepared statement in May.

Jarmon said his goal in the offseason was to become leaner. He bought a dietary supplement while shopping for vitamins on the recommendation of a worker at a nutrition store, not knowing that it contained a banned substance.

"I do not need to cheat to be successful," he said.

Jarmon has the third-most sacks in Kentucky history. He was an honorable mention on last season's AP All-Southeastern Conference team.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0716/nfl_i_jarmon1_sw_200.jpg

The Redskins added depth to their defensive line with the selection of Jeremy Jarmon.

Information from ESPN.com's John Clayton and The Associated Press was used in this report.

True Fan
07-16-2009, 03:47 PM
gosh these guys are stupid

phillyesq
07-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Once again, the Supplemental Draft goes by without any action by our Steelers (not that I was expecting anything). I was interested in Jared Gaither in the supplemental draft a few years ago, but apparently the team is not interested in using any of next year's draft picks for a guy who likely has some type of character flaw (or else he would be in regular draft with everyone else).

I remember that there was a lot of board discussion about Gaither a few years ago. He would have ended up being a nice pick. Aside from Gaither, I can't think of many supplemental draft players who have panned out. It seems like the character flaws usually win out over the athletic ability.

fordfixer
07-16-2009, 09:05 PM

Updated: July 16, 2009, 2:43 PM ET
Jarmon picked in third round
ESPN.com news services

The Washington Redskins selected defensive lineman Jeremy Jarmon in the third round of Thursday's supplemental draft.

Jarmon was the only player selected.

The 6-foot-3, 278-pound Jarmon left Kentucky because he was declared ineligible for his senior year because of a failed drug test after testing positive for a banned diuretic supplement.

Jarmon fits perfectly in a 4-3 defense. He can play end or tackle.

Jarmon took the supplement while recovering from a shoulder injury and was not taking part in activities. He had been taking the supplement for 15 days before checking with the training staff, who told him to stop taking it.

"But it was too late," Jarmon said, reading from a prepared statement in May.

Jarmon said his goal in the offseason was to become leaner. He bought a dietary supplement while shopping for vitamins on the recommendation of a worker at a nutrition store, not knowing that it contained a banned substance.

"I do not need to cheat to be successful," he said.

Jarmon has the third-most sacks in Kentucky history. He was an honorable mention on last season's AP All-Southeastern Conference team.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0716/nfl_i_jarmon1_sw_200.jpg

The Redskins added depth to their defensive line with the selection of Jeremy Jarmon.

Information from ESPN.com's John Clayton and The Associated Press was used in this report.
:?: What's a leaner?

RuthlessBurgher
07-16-2009, 09:40 PM

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2220/1525680392_49e938db9e.jpg

fordfixer
07-17-2009, 01:27 AM

Thanks Yoda :lol: :lol:

Jooser
07-17-2009, 08:45 AM

Thanks Yoda :lol: :lol:

freakin' sweet. :Clap

grotonsteel
07-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Why would someone use a 3rd Rd draft pick on a player who tested positive for a banned substance in college? Also they already had selected B Orakpo in 1st Rd.