PDA

View Full Version : NFL fan bases...you'll enjoy this

papillon
07-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Jamie Dukes top 5 fan bases (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d811508fe/Best-fans)

Tickets to Steeler game - $200
Steeler jersey - $125
Solomon Wilcots stating..."The Steelers have 3 or 4 home stadiums in the NFL"...proceless

:tt2 :tt2 Hail the nation :tt2 :tt2

Pappy

Ozey74
07-16-2009, 09:15 AM
No arguements from me. I think it's pretty obvious that no fan base is as good as ours.

:nono

SteelerNation1
07-16-2009, 09:40 AM
No arguements from me. I think it's pretty obvious that no fan base is as good as ours.

:nono
#2 is not even in the same area code as The Nation!

JAR
07-16-2009, 03:37 PM
"At number 4, staying in new England are the NY Giants"? Umm, when did NY become part of NE?

NE at #5. Please has anyone ever seen a ****s fan outside of NE? I've been all over the country and my answer is no.

SteelerNation1
07-16-2009, 03:50 PM
"At number 4, staying in new England are the NY Giants"? Umm, when did NY become part of NE?

NE at #5. Please has anyone ever seen a ****s fan outside of NE? I've been all over the country and my answer is no.
I thought I saw one once, but it was just a red Sox fan pretending the NFL began in 2001

NC Steeler Fan
07-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Ohmygod, I wish I had seen this live and firsthand!!!!

Quote:

Tickets to Steeler game - $200
Steeler jersey - $125
Solomon Wilcots stating..."The Steelers have 3 or 4 home stadiums in the NFL"...proceless

That is freakin' awesome!

Djfan
07-17-2009, 02:49 PM
When I was in Ft Collins last week, there was a cover page article in the paper about a local college football hero who was back putting on a football clinic for kids soon. The only other person in the picture as a kid in a Ben jersey. Front page in Colorado.

We bought a copy.

buckeyehoppy
07-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Dudes...lemme tell ya something...living in Clowns c*ntry might seem like a burden, until you realize how many members of The Nation are here...and many of them are natives and not expats. That says something right there. The Steeler Universe is alive and well in C-Town!

HardlinerKC
07-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Dukes' list is hard to argue against. Not because I'm posting on a Steeler board but do believe the Steel has become America's team and not Dallas. The reasons? As cited in the NFL-N piece, it has to do with:

1) CONSISTENCY. The team has to be good over a couple of decades minimum. This speaks to the quality of the decision making, draft picks, business decisions, and coaching.

2) WINNING. No substitute as winning is the best promotion for getting folks into the stadium and being vocal once there. Winning over a long period of time also has much to do with fans traveling with their team to other venues.

I will add something else to the discussion. Any team not living up to the top 1) and 2) standards listed above, regardless of past successes, will quickly find themselves in a freefall toward the rocky bottom and it doesn't take long.

Look back to the 90s and one of the most intimidating places for any team to play was Arrowhead. Now, after about 10 years of 1) and 2) ineptness and failure, they're lucky to have folks stay awake the entire game unless, of course, the place is mainly packed with fans from the other team who rank in Dukes' top 5 fan base.

So the bad news for the top teams is simple: Keeping the faith and rabid following of your fan base means keep excelling at 1) & 2). Short of that, within a 2, 3 years top, you could find yourself drifting downward and wondering what happened.

The good news for the former glory teams? Each new season brings renewed hope that yesteryear glory can again be found and if it is, you're back knocking on the door of the top 5.