PDA

View Full Version : Faneca has no hard feelings toward Steelers

PSU_dropout43
07-15-2009, 01:05 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... epressbox/ (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/viewfromthepressbox/)

Northern_Blitz
07-15-2009, 06:19 AM
Stopped reading after this:

"When the time comes for the perennial Pro Bowl guard to enter the Pro Football Hall of Fame he will do so as a Steeler."

stlrz d
07-15-2009, 06:35 AM

"When the time comes for the perennial Pro Bowl guard to enter the Pro Football Hall of Fame he will do so as a Steeler."

:HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

:lol:

Oviedo
07-15-2009, 07:56 AM

Maybe the Steelers can prevent the big cry baby from going in as a Steeler. His Jets career is so successful I'm shocked he doesn't want to be forever linked with the team that gave him the payday he felt he so rightfully deserved especially since he has performed so well (sarcasm).

But at least he doesn't have to think about which Super Bowl ring he will wear because he won't ever have more than one.

MeetJoeGreene
07-15-2009, 08:06 AM
I can rest much easier now with the comfort that Alan Faneca has no hard feelings. Because that was really bugging me.

TallyStiller
07-15-2009, 08:19 AM
I'm glad the Crybaby is over whatever it was that irked him about ownership going out and hiring a real coach who wanted things done, you know, HIS way, then having the gall to resist blowing up the salary cap to overpay an aging, overrated has been.

Is there any way we can stipulate that he can wear our colors IF he gets elected, but only if the bust comes complete with black and gold pacifier?

papillon
07-15-2009, 08:47 AM
I guess you don't know much fun it is to be in the hunt for the Lombardi until you're not. :P The Jets swooned mid-season behind an aging quarterback and were non-factors. Money isn't always the elixir that you believe it to be. :P

To Alan :tt2 :tt2 #6 for the Steelers and no hard feelings. This deal did, indeed, work out for both the Steelers and Alan. The Steelers got what they desire and Alan received the cash. It really was a win-win for everyone.

Pappy

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
07-15-2009, 08:50 AM
I have no hard feelings toward Faneca in the end. I was disapponted he didn't take less to stay with the Steelers. But in the end...Steeler for life! Any player who leaves the Steelers and still respects the team, the city, and its fans...Is ok in my book!

Oviedo
07-15-2009, 09:19 AM
I have no hard feelings toward Faneca in the end. I was disapponted he didn't take less to stay with the Steelers. But in the end...Steeler for life! Any player who leaves the Steelers and still respects the team, the city, and its fans...Is ok in my book!

He didn't act like he respected the team, city, fans or coaches when he left. IMO too little too late. Should have shown some class and professionalism two years ago.

RuthlessBurgher
07-15-2009, 09:34 AM
Hey, Alan...is it exciting for you to see what happens this year when you replace a Hall of Fame QB like Brett Favre with a #5 overall draft pick in Mark Sanchez?

“Exciting? No, it’s not exciting. Do you want to go work with some little young kid who’s just out of college?”

:lol:

ikestops85
07-15-2009, 12:37 PM
I had no problem with Faneca leaving for a pile of cash. My only problem was his lack of respect towards the organization that made the payday possible. I really don't care how he feels now that he is on a loser.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
07-15-2009, 01:23 PM

He didn't act like he respected the team, city, fans or coaches when he left. IMO too little too late. Should have shown some class and professionalism two years ago.
:Agree

Also, didn't we figure out that they don't go in as a member of any team, they go as the player (see discussion last week on Woodson)?

Signed,

Heat-stroked in San Antonio

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
07-15-2009, 03:06 PM

I didn't like he opened his mouth during his last camp here either. But that didn't show any lack of respect for the fans or coaches. He wasn't happy with the FO and he didn't handle it correctly. Faneca is a professional and handled himself like one when the season started. He didn't act like one when he was talking about his contract situation...I agree there. The issue is what he said now. Again...A true professional!

NKySteeler
07-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Also, didn't we figure out that they don't go in as a member of any team, they go as the player (see discussion last week on Woodson)?

Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/Selec ... ssFAQ.aspx (http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/SelectionProcessFAQ.aspx)

Jooser
07-15-2009, 03:35 PM
[quote="Northern_Blitz":1c3x3q4t]Stopped reading after this:

:HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

:lol:[/quote:1c3x3q4t]

Dear Lord, stlrs_d just went stark raving mad! http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww116/cute_mallow21/crazy.jpg