PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence "The Dream" Timmons?

PSU_dropout43
07-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Can you guess the connection?

Chadman
07-14-2009, 11:52 PM

He's your ideal man?

Chadman
07-14-2009, 11:53 PM
He's African-American, much the same as Terius Hagert Youngdell Nash, aka "The Dream" ?

Chadman
07-14-2009, 11:56 PM
Chadman, an Australian, was quite vocal in his support for Lawrence Timmons the year he was drafted.

Australian Aboriginals often refer to their mythology as 'The Dreamtime'.

Chadman is Australian, he liked Timmons coming out of college, Aboriginals are Australian, they have Dreamtime...therefore Timmons has some connection to Dreamtime?

Chadman
07-14-2009, 11:57 PM
You had a dream in which Lawrence Timmons made an appearance?

Chadman
07-15-2009, 12:07 AM
On July 11th, 2009 LIBERTY defeated ATLANTA "DREAM" 71-69, at the GARDEN.

The United States has the 'Statue of LIBERTY'.

Lawrence Timmons is an American.

ATLANTA has an NFL football team.

They have a womens basketball team called 'DREAM'.

America has women in it.

LAWRENCE TIMMONS lives in America, where there are WOMEN.

The NFL allows players to wear the numbers 71 & 69. They also allow nearly all derivetives of these numbers.

The Pittsburgh Steelers have players who wear 69 (Jason Capizzi) & 71 (Scott Paxson). If you add 71 to 69, you get 140. 140 is EXACTLY 46 numbers higher than Lawrence Timmons' number of 94. Number 46 for the Pittsburgh Steelers is a guy called Andrew Schantz, who is, weirdly, a LINEBACKER. Lawrence Timmons is a LINEBACKER.

America has GARDEN's. Lawrence Timmons lives in AMERICA.

Is Chadman close?

PSU_dropout43
07-15-2009, 12:19 AM

He's your ideal man?
Hell, no!

I'm not a homo.

Chadman, you're quite funny.

PSU_dropout43
07-15-2009, 12:26 AM
He's African-American, much the same as Terius Hagert Youngdell Nash, aka "The Dream" ?

This is very close.

"The Dream" is the nickname of a famous NBA player, Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon.

Timmons' mom gave Lawrence the middle name Olajuwon after her favourite NBA player.
Thus Lawrence Olajuwon Timmons. That's the connection.

Kind of lame, I know.

Chadman
07-15-2009, 01:41 AM
So close....yet so far away....

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/8/17/cheezburger128634747705842255.jpg

Oviedo
07-15-2009, 07:59 AM
Can we just start training camp. My head hurts after reading this. :? :? :?

AngryAsian
07-15-2009, 08:16 AM

Tell me about it. Big props though to Chadman. On the Trib board, I remember his mock draft that year and he not only said that the Steelers would take Lawrence Timmons in the draft, but received a whole bunch of slack from a lot of the members, saying that "Timmons was a bum" and "he'll never fit in our scheme" etc...

As for Olajawon (however you spell it). I think that's pretty cool. Obviously his mom was a big basketball fan. The Dream was a great ambassador to the game. Not only was he extremely educated, but I remember the year the Rockets won their NBA championship against the Magic (I think it was '95) they were doing all these player interviews, and his team mates remarked that Hakeem was no fun to go on the road with. While the others were partying it up in whatever city they were visiting, The Dream was in his hotel suite reading books on philosophy. The guy was also fluent in Spanish, French, Arabic and Nigerian.

The Dream was great because recognized that as one of the NBAs 50 Greatest Players, he was not only a sports icon, but whether he liked it or not, he was a role model, and behaved as such. That merits a whole heep of respect in my book.

Oviedo
07-15-2009, 09:21 AM

Tell me about it. Big props though to Chadman. On the Trib board, I remember his mock draft that year and he not only said that the Steelers would take Lawrence Timmons in the draft, but received a whole bunch of slack from a lot of the members, saying that "Timmons was a bum" and "he'll never fit in our scheme" etc...

As for Olajawon (however you spell it). I think that's pretty cool. Obviously his mom was a big basketball fan. The Dream was a great ambassador to the game. Not only was he extremely educated, but I remember the year the Rockets won their NBA championship against the Magic (I think it was '95) they were doing all these player interviews, and his team mates remarked that Hakeem was no fun to go on the road with. While the others were partying it up in whatever city they were visiting, The Dream was in his hotel suite reading books on philosophy. The guy was also fluent in Spanish, French, Arabic and Nigerian.

The Dream was great because recognized that as one of the NBAs 50 Greatest Players, he was not only a sports icon, but whether he liked it or not, he was a role model, and behaved as such. That merits a whole heep of respect in my book.

Don't you have a hospital to fill up or something? Get back to work!

Big news story on TV here about your move. The logistics seemed really challenging.

Jooser
07-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Chadman, I was fearful that you had ingested too much Aboriginal dream potion (called peyote here in the states) or perhaps a funnel web spider had climbed into you boot and you were delirious from the bite! :lol: