PDA

View Full Version : No News IS good news

Chachi
07-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Off season fatigue is getting thick and heavy and as I look (jones) for ANY news on our team I am reminded of one thing......

No news IS good news.

Take for instance this article (or series of).....

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/31897665/ns/sports-nfl/

"10 Biggest NFL training camp storylines"

Won't find anything Steelers related there. And that 's a GOOD thing. News these days is profoundly negative......comeback form a sever injury, angry players holding out, QB controversies, etc.

The only good off season news, for us anyway, is draft pick signings. Anything else, give or take, is news that is (potentially, almost always) negative. National news , that is. Local is always it's usual cream puff fluff.

The only (national) news I really want to see between now and the beginning of the season is the annual "Training Camp" overview the big sports sites/stations/magazines etc. do.

See anything else in the national news this time of year, and up to the beginning of the season, is just bound to be a bad thing.

No news IS good news.

Say it with me.......

Ozey74
07-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Like you, I'm starving for the season to begin. It will be here before you know it. It's just 17 days until the wind sprints in Latrobe!!

:Beer

Oviedo
07-15-2009, 08:10 AM
"No news is good news" is exactly why the national media is so anti-Steelers. They hate the fact that they can't get easy stories for the 24/7 ESPN and internet media machine they have to feed to keep their jobs.

It drives them crazy that the 'no news" Steelers just go out and win year after year without controversy, without outrageous personalities. That is why you get stupid stories and predictions like the Browns of 2008 going to the Super Bowl, tons of print about Brady "participating" in OTAs, Ocho Stinko and other trash news.

MeetJoeGreene
07-15-2009, 08:54 AM
No news IS Good News... unless it is:

-- Heath Miller extension.
-- Ryan Clark extension.

RuthlessBurgher
07-15-2009, 09:10 AM
No news IS Good News... unless it is:

-- Heath Miller extension.
-- Ryan Clark extension.

I'll add:

-- Ziggy Hood signing