PDA

View Full Version : Cribbs not planning to play under current contract

fordfixer
07-13-2009, 11:39 PM
Cribbs not planning to play under current contract

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/07/10/cribbs- ... -contract/ (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/07/10/cribbs-not-planning-to-play-for-browns-under-current-contract/)

Posted: July 10th, 2009

| Steve Wyche

Wide receiver/kick returner Joshua Cribbs doesn’t plan to play a game for the Browns under the terms of his current contract. But Cribbs, who has four years remaining on a six-year, $6.7 million contract, hopes a deal can be worked out by the start of the regular season, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Cribbs’ representatives are expected to meet with Browns coach Eric Mangini and general manager George Kokinis next week to discuss reworking the contract. What transpires at that meeting could dictate Cribbs’ next course of action. A holdout, trade demand or leaving training camp at some point are all possibilities, but reaching a compromise on a new contract before things get to those points are the goal, the source said.

Cribbs is one of the NFL’s top kick returners and a versatile offensive weapon who can play wide receiver or come out of the backfield. The Browns also have experimented with using Cribbs some at safety during offseason workouts.

Cribbs said that the Browns’ previous regime of GM Phil Savage and coach Romeo Crennel promised to re-do his contract, but they were fired. Mangini and Kokinis said they aren’t beholden to any commitments made by the prior administration.

– Steve Wyche

phillyesq
07-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Beautiful. Not that the Browns were a threat anyway, but I always enjoy seeing dissension from our division rivals.

Northern_Blitz
07-14-2009, 09:36 AM
I hate the Browns as much as the next guy. BUT, I think trying to renegotiate a contract 2 years into a 6 year deal is rediculous!

I hope they don't cave. This is the kind of stuff that stupid teams do that screws the whole league up (like contracts for OGs).

Oviedo
07-14-2009, 10:00 AM
Cribbs knows that the Browns are entering a cycle of "suck" under Mangenius and he wants to get out of there as fast as possible. The career of a returner is short and he knows he will never win with the Stains.

MeetJoeGreene
07-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Beautiful. Not that the Browns were a threat anyway, but I always enjoy seeing dissension from our division rivals.

:Agree

msp26505
07-14-2009, 02:18 PM
I hate the Browns as much as the next guy. BUT, I think trying to renegotiate a contract 2 years into a 6 year deal is rediculous!

I hope they don't cave. This is the kind of stuff that stupid teams do that screws the whole league up (like contracts for OGs).

Quoted for truth.

RuthlessBurgher
07-14-2009, 03:28 PM

Quoted for truth.

I disagree. I hope they renegotiate his deal and pay him a salary cap crippling gazillion dollar contract. :twisted:

If our players come to us later asking we won't renegotiate their contracts when they are only 2 years into a 6 year deal like the Browns do, we can just explain that is why the Steelers have more Super Bowl Championships than any other organization, while the Browns are one of the biggest @#$%ing loser organizations in all of pro sports.

:brownssuck

NorthCoast
07-18-2009, 10:59 AM

Quoted for truth.

I disagree. I hope they renegotiate his deal and pay him a salary cap crippling gazillion dollar contract. :twisted:

If our players come to us later asking we won't renegotiate their contracts when they are only 2 years into a 6 year deal like the Browns do, we can just explain that is why the Steelers have more Super Bowl Championships than any other organization, while the Browns are one of the biggest @#$%ing loser organizations in all of pro sports.

I'm too busy to look this up, but I am curious how many Steelers have asked for a renog in the middle of their contract.

RuthlessBurgher
07-18-2009, 11:17 AM

Quoted for truth.

I'm too busy to look this up, but I am curious how many Steelers have asked for a renog in the middle of their contract.

They can ask all they want. They ain't gettin' one until there is one year left on their current contract (or two years left if they are a QB).

buckeyehoppy
07-18-2009, 02:38 PM

Quoted for truth.

The Clowns WILL cave and screw their SC into the ground. It's why they have in the past, do in the present, and will in the future, suck gargantuan donkey b@lls.

If a Steeler wandered into the FO with a demand like that, he'd be laughed right back out the door. 2 SBs in 4 years gives the team that kind of leverage.

Cribbs will walk into Kokainises office and the GM will wet his drawers before he drops to his knees. That's the leverage a star player on a pile of $hit team has.