PDA

View Full Version : America's most hated team

PSU_dropout43
07-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Poll: Cowboys America's most hated team
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal

In a poll taken by ESPN, the reality show loving Dallas Cowboys fended off a Spygate-fueled challenge from the New England Patriots to win the title of America's most hated team.

Only five teams were listed as possible answers, led by the Cowboys (36%), Patriots (34%), Steelers (12%), Giants (9%), and Raiders (9%).

And while the poll is clearly being used as an artificial time-waster during the NFL's sssslow period, the 870,000 votes cast across 25 topics reveal other interesting glimpses into what football fans think.

Michael Vick, for instance, has roughly three times the fan support of other exiled players Donte' Stallworth and Plaxico Burress. And fans would still rather have Vick or Stallworth on their team than Terrell Owens. (Perhaps Joanna Krupa voted.)

The answers to two other topics may catch the league office's attention.

64% of respondents are in favor of an 18-game season. No surprise there.

A whopping 77% of NFL fans said they'd "appreciate" legal gambling on those games in their state. Even less of a surprise there.

fezziwig
07-13-2009, 05:46 PM
I can understand the hate for the Cowboys, Cheats and even the Steelers and possibly the Raiders.

ALL IMHO:

Cowboys are hated for many reasons I believe.
1. Just calling them Americans team is enough for me and most. I and many individuals will pick the team we like. We don't need the NFL or media telling us that. No one likes words put in their mouth.

2. The arrogance this team has had over their history is a turn off.

3. Their owner is an egomaniac.

4. The troubles and criminals they have had has cost them the respect.

Patricheats:

1. No one likes a cheater.

2. No one respects or likes their bulldog faced coach.

3. Even when they're not cheating with films, headsets etc they, get away with so much crap on the field, people are sick of it.

4. The NFL handed them their start with the tuck rule BS.

5. People want football players, not media hyped pretty boy QB's.

6. Most of all and the Cheat fans don't want to believe this, the country knows they cheated to succeed. The biggest and probably the only true reason why they are hated.

Steelers:

1. They're not truly hated as much as it is envy. Everyone likes a winner for so long and then, it turns to jealousy.

2. The Rats, Bungles, Cleveland fans probably hate us but, that is natural from division opponents and especially ones that have to lick the Steelers boots practically every season. It's the Steelers division and the other teams just go through the motions of being a football team or contender each season.

Raiders ?

1. It must be from way back days when they actually made a difference in the NFL. You have to win to be hated.

2. Maybe they are just hated because of Al Davis ?

Giants ?

1. I don't understand this one either. It's not like they are the bully on the block each season that you have to defeat. Maybe it's that Eli is on the team ?

I really don't see how the Cowboys edged the Cheats being, at least the Cowboys earned their trophies.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
07-14-2009, 12:55 AM
Of the 12% who chose the Steelers, how many are fans of:

Dallas
New England
Baltimore
Cincy
Cleveland

I'd say about 75%

us_steelinfrance
07-14-2009, 05:26 AM
Of the 12% who chose the Steelers, how many are fans of:

Dallas
New England
Baltimore
Cincy
Cleveland

I'd say about 75%

Don't forget Seattle. They'll never let go.

stlrz d
07-14-2009, 06:29 AM
[quote="steeler_fan_in_t.o.":tby1t9s8]Of the 12% who chose the Steelers, how many are fans of:

Dallas
New England
Baltimore
Cincy
Cleveland

I'd say about 75%

Don't forget Seattle. They'll never let go.[/quote:tby1t9s8]

And AZ.

Ghost
07-14-2009, 07:53 AM
"64% of respondents are in favor of an 18-game season. No surprise there."

Stupid. These same fans will be crying when their favorites get hurt with the extra 2 games. Teams barely make it out of 16 games. I hope this doesn't happen.

TallyStiller
07-14-2009, 08:14 AM
Raider fans still believe that WE got our start from a blown officials' call... they believe that Frenchy Fuqua illegally touched the "Immaculate Reception", and that the play should've been called back...

The Raiders are hated by older fans because of the fact that they DID do a lot of winning from their old AFL days through the early '90's, because they promoted a dirty, cheap shotting, anything goes style of play while condoning any type of sociopathic behavior off the field to the point where they are even now considered a natural landing place for Michael Vick, Plaxico Burress, or any other player who gets in trouble to the point where they are not employable by the other 31 franchises, and because before he became a national spokesperson for Depends Undergarments waiting to happen, Al Davis was the Evil Lord Voldemort of football.

Hatred of the Giants may come from people like me who hate the Yankees so much that we let it bleed over into dislike for all of New York's other teams in pro sports...

msp26505
07-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Raider fans still believe that WE got our start from a blown officials' call... they believe that Frenchy Fuqua illegally touched the "Immaculate Reception", and that the play should've been called back...

That excuse always makes me laugh. The Steelers didn't even win their first Super Bowl until TWO years after the Immaculate Reception.

It's mostly fueled by John Madden. :Blah

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
07-14-2009, 11:49 AM
[quote="steeler_fan_in_t.o.":2gpfxp14]Of the 12% who chose the Steelers, how many are fans of:

Dallas
New England
Baltimore
Cincy
Cleveland

I'd say about 75%

Don't forget Seattle. They'll never let go.[/quote:2gpfxp14]

Yes - the eight of them took time away from sipping lattes to vote for us. :lol:

Jigawatts
07-14-2009, 03:19 PM
I hate the *'s more than the Cowboys. I still feel the sting over those two AFC
championship games. "It's easy when you have the answers to the test." :evil:

The self-proclaimed "Americas Team" Cowboys are a joke. They remind me of a
WWF mid-card wrestler with an over inflated ego managed by Bobby "The Brain" Heenan.

RuthlessBurgher
07-14-2009, 03:32 PM

WWF mid-card wrestler with an over inflated ego managed by Bobby "The Brain" Heenan.

http://www.testedich.de/quiz24/picture/pic_1192970387_18.jpg http://feigningenius.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/jerry-jones.jpg

:lol:

Sugar
07-14-2009, 03:51 PM
"64% of respondents are in favor of an 18-game season. No surprise there."

Stupid. These same fans will be crying when their favorites get hurt with the extra 2 games. Teams barely make it out of 16 games. I hope this doesn't happen.

:Agree

anger 82&95
07-14-2009, 04:48 PM

WWF mid-card wrestler with an over inflated ego managed by Bobby "The Brain" Heenan.Yep, that pretty much covers it, I'll go with this response.

TallyStiller
07-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Guess it can kind of depend on how much you remember of the battles in the '70's. The old timers are gonna tend towards holding onto hatred for the Cowboys and Raiders, or Clownstains, if they go all the way back to the '50's and '60's. The newer generation probably is feeling the more recent vintage *'s and Ratturds battles.

The *'s have a special place because, a. they won a couple over us that should've been ours, and b. they cheated to do it.

That said, Rodney Harrison aside, they are nowhere near as dirty as the '70's Raiders were, nor as arrogant as the '70's Cowboys. I could live to be 120 and I don't think I will EVER see something as thoroughly enjoyable as beating them twice in X and XIII with everything on the line. It combined the sheer joy of SB's XL and XLIII, watching us win, with the pure schadenfreude of SB XLII, watching the Death Star explode.