PDA

View Full Version : Ravens/Steelers rivalry best in NFL

fordfixer
07-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Ravens/Steelers rivalry best in NFL
July 12, 11:55 AM

http://www.examiner.com/x-1089-Baltimor ... est-in-NFL (http://www.examiner.com/x-1089-Baltimore-Sports-Examiner~y2009m7d12-RavensSteelers-rivalry-best-in-NFL)

After spending so much time on the Steve McNair tragedy, I want to shift gears and get into what is the best rivalry in the NFL.

The Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers hate each other, and it's not just for show. Unlike many 'rivalries' when the players all yuck it up with each other after the game, you won't be seeing that following this battle. Most of the players on both sides truly don't like one another.

It doesn't get any better than seeing these two hard-nosed teams slug it out on a cold winter day with the division title and a playoff berth at stake. Can you tell I'm starting to get excited for football season?

It's definitely one of the most enjoyable games to attend as a fan, especially when you can send those brave enough to march into M&T with their mullet and holding their ugly yellow rag home unhappy.

I haven't made a trip up to Heinz Field yet but am contemplating the possibility. I enjoy seeing other stadiums in any sport and getting a feel for the atmosphere and their fans, but I can't say that I'm excited to go to that city. I can't imagine what there is to do other than go to the game and hang out at the hotel.

It's tough to get tickets to either game. Steelers tickets are obviously always in high demand while the Ravens have built themselves quite a fanbase in the past decade or so. You may have to pay an arm and a leg to get tickets to this game through a ticket broker, but trust me, it's worth it.

I urge you to go see this game live at the stadium, even if you have to travel to Pittsburgh to do it. You won't be disappointed.

stlrz d
07-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Foul on you FF!!!!!

Posting of Steve Declueless blogs on this forum is verboten!!!

It doesn't matter what he's got to say, his opinion is worthless and not welcome here!!!

:nono

You've been warned!!! :P

fordfixer
07-13-2009, 12:36 AM
Foul on you FF!!!!!

It doesn't matter what he's got to say, his opinion is worthless and not welcome here!!!

:shock:
So is that a 15 yard penalty, or banishment from the board ? Just asking :lol:

stlrz d
07-13-2009, 06:29 AM
Foul on you FF!!!!!

Your punishment is to read and respond to every one of my 5,000 + posts! :D

fezziwig
07-13-2009, 05:52 PM
He's a bag. His back handed remarks about coming to Pittsburgh are enough for me to know this slime.
He has forgotten we own his team. We have less crime, and voted the best city.

fordfixer
07-13-2009, 10:39 PM
[quote="stlrz d":23w6676l]Foul on you FF!!!!!

Your punishment is to read and respond to every one of my 5,000 + posts! :D[/quote:23w6676l]

O.k. But it could take a while I fell asleep reading this one :lol:

TallyStiller
07-14-2009, 06:13 PM
Tickets are hard to get? It was what, 2008? 2007? that Brian Billick went public in the Baltimore media BEGGING their pathetic fan base not to sell their Steeler game tickets for crack mon... er... extra cash? What next? Is he gonna ask their fans' wives to stop turning tricks for extra boxes of Sudafed for the meth lab back in the trailer?