PDA

View Full Version : I'M GOING INSANE!!!

AngryAsian
07-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Just needed to let my Black and Gold brethren about my state of mind I'm in. Off-season is killing me. The worst part of it all is...... BASEBALL!!! I know most of you are very diverse in your sports enthusiasm, but FOOTBALL is my main sporting event that I love to watch and follow. Glad I have my big hospital move to pre-occupy my time. Here's the new digs:

http://209.196.57.200/Media/DesignSlideShowPages/Florida-Hospital-Memorial-Medical-Center-4.jpg

http://209.196.57.200/Media/DesignSlideShowPages/Florida-Hospital-Memorial-Medical-Center-2.jpg

If you guys are in the greater Daytona Beach area and decide to take a tumble on your motorcycle or maybe you're on vacation and decide to have open heart surgery... you'll want to be admitted here. Besides the latest diagnostics and superior care, some of the amenities you receive while staying:

All room (300+) are all private suites
Each suite with at least one wall of windows from floor to ceiling (10')
42" LCD TV mounted on the wall from which you can-

-Watch 130 channels via cable

-Call your nurse via private paging system that goes to your nurses mobile phone

-Watch instructional videos of procedures you're about to have done

-Through the intranet, send a message to environmental services to clean your suite

-Through the wireless keyboard next to your bed, go online and access millions of websites like planetsteelers.com

-Watch a bunch of pay per view movies (all free)

-Play games (has 70+ classic games like Donkey Kong, Centipede, Asteroids, Galaga...)

-If you have questions regarding new medications you are receiving... you can look-up via MICROMEDICs, which is a glossary of all pharmaceuticals, to explain how these drugs affect your anatomy and physiology.

-Not pleased with the care you may have been given by a certain nurse, physical therapist, occupational therapist, rad tech, etc...? You can send an instant message to a higher level administrative person that will address your concerns immediately.

.... okay. See how insane I am. I'm mixing work with leisure time. We need the season to start already. UGGGHHH!!!

fordfixer
07-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Just needed to let my Black and Gold brethren about my state of mind I'm in. Off-season is killing me. The worst part of it all is...... BASEBALL!!! I know most of you are very diverse in your sports enthusiasm, but FOOTBALL is my main sporting event that I love to watch and follow. Glad I have my big hospital move to pre-occupy my time. Here's the new digs:

http://209.196.57.200/Media/DesignSlideShowPages/Florida-Hospital-Memorial-Medical-Center-4.jpg

http://209.196.57.200/Media/DesignSlideShowPages/Florida-Hospital-Memorial-Medical-Center-2.jpg

If you guys are in the greater Daytona Beach area and decide to take a tumble on your motorcycle or maybe you're on vacation and decide to have open heart surgery... you'll want to be admitted here. Besides the latest diagnostics and superior care, some of the amenities you receive while staying:

-Call your nurse via private paging system that goes to your nurses mobile phone

-Through the intranet, send a message to environmental services to clean your suite

-Through the wireless keyboard next to your bed, go online and access millions of websites like planetsteelers.com

-Play games (has 70+ classic games like Donkey Kong, Centipede, Asteroids, Galaga...)

-If you have questions regarding new medications you are receiving... you can look-up via MICROMEDICs, which is a glossary of all pharmaceuticals, to explain how these drugs affect your anatomy and physiology.

-Not pleased with the care you may have been given by a certain nurse, physical therapist, occupational therapist, rad tech, etc...? You can send an instant message to a higher level administrative person that will address your concerns immediately.

.... okay. See how insane I am. I'm mixing work with leisure time. We need the season to start already. UGGGHHH!!!

Sorry if this is out of bounds but you going insane is a short trip my slant eyed friend :lol: :lol:

RKSteel
07-11-2009, 10:48 AM
I would have to my surgery elsewhere...No Sunday Ticket :D

stlrz d
07-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Dude, what do you do for a living??? I thought you were a graphic artist or summat?!?

Flasteel
07-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Dude, what do you do for a living??? I thought you were a graphic artist or summat?!?

He's a male nurse...and a damn fine one from what I hear.

SteelerNation1
07-11-2009, 12:10 PM

his real name is Gaylord focker!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
07-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Going nuts too, Asian. Let's start already!

Nice work digs! I'd get a refund from the architectural artist though ... the two drawings are not compatible - the round tower seems much taller (relative to the other building) in one photo vs the other!

stlrz d
07-11-2009, 12:28 PM

his real name is Gaylord focker!

You're in my world now Grandma!

AngryAsian
07-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Respiratory therapist. I also have a degree in Graphic Arts and Multimedia, but respiratory is my first calling. Prior to the big move into the new digs, our administration set out a new policy... all departments have to be differentiated by colored coded scrubs (so patients can easily identify each caregiver that walks in their room). Each department had to put a vote into their respective departments, of what color they wanted. Being a manager in my department, I "STRONGLY" suggested for everyone in my department to vote for BLACK. In the end, we beat out the Catherization Lab for BLACK. We had to monogram the following onto our uniforms.....

https://imgsgssl.jobing.com/company/images/44101/logo_florida_hospital.jpg

Of course, I won out in the end there too. The therapists in our department have to wear black scrubs, with gold monograms of the above logo. Black and Gold, baby!!!! I have an open heart nurse friend/rival who got his wish, too. His department has to wear navy blue and silver monograms on their uniforms. Of course being a die hard Dallas fan, he's quite ecstatic. We go back and forth during the season. Which BTW, NEEDS TO GET HERE!!!!

feelthesteel
07-11-2009, 02:37 PM
I dont know if OBAMAS plan covers me

bostonsteeler
07-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Respiratory therapist. I also have a degree in Graphic Arts and Multimedia, but respiratory is my first calling. Prior to the big move into the new digs, our administration set out a new policy... all departments have to be differentiated by colored coded scrubs (so patients can easily identify each caregiver that walks in their room). Each department had to put a vote into their respective departments, of what color they wanted. Being a manager in my department, I "STRONGLY" suggested for everyone in my department to vote for BLACK. In the end, we beat out the Catherization Lab for BLACK. We had to monogram the following onto our uniforms.....

https://imgsgssl.jobing.com/company/images/44101/logo_florida_hospital.jpg

Of course, I won out in the end there too. The therapists in our department have to wear black scrubs, with gold monograms of the above logo. Black and Gold, baby!!!!

Evil, evil ! :twisted:

Post a pic. :tt2

Oviedo
07-12-2009, 08:45 AM

I've been past the hospital quite a few times during the construction process. The picture doesn't do it justice. It is amazing looking. Good luck in the move.

Jigawatts
07-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Asian, is that hospital visible from I-95? The last few times we've driven to Orlando
we've noticed a similar building under construction. Is that your hospital?

AngryAsian
07-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Asian, is that hospital visible from I-95? The last few times we've driven to Orlando

In the words of our HC... "Yes, Sir!!!" When have you been down last. You should of given me a shout and we can finally have our girls meet. The tailgate will be a blast.

Ov- you are right... the pics only scratch the service. The inside is like a resort.

Jigawatts
07-12-2009, 09:40 AM

In the words of our HC... "Yes, Sir!!!" When have you been down last. You should of given me a shout and we can finally have our girls meet. The tailgate will be a blast.

Ov- you are right... the pics only scratch the service. The inside is like a resort.

Last time we were there was August. I've got a vacation in October but I don't think
we'll be headed there this year. :( We'll probably be back early next spring. We usually
make one trip to the beach. Cocoa is closer to where we stay (International Drive area),
but the wife prefers Daytona because we can drive the car on the beach.

I'm sure Lil' Miss Jigawatts would love to meet little Asian. BTW, she just turn 4 yesterday.
We had an awesome Strawberry Shortcake themed party. :Cheers :lol:

Chadman
07-12-2009, 08:01 PM

Don't you know D? ASIAN's a murse!

BTW ASIAN- don't need anyone to do the floor coverings in that there hospital do you? That would be one AWESOME reason for Chadman to come over..... :Boobs