PDA

View Full Version : Rod Woodson to enter Hall of Fame as a Pittsburgh Steeler...

Discipline of Steel
07-08-2009, 10:05 PM
...if he had to choose a team. Ha! Got you StlrzD :D

http://steelersmill.com/2009/07/08/wood ... a-steeler/ (http://steelersmill.com/2009/07/08/woodson-says-hed-enter-the-hall-of-fame-as-a-steeler/)

Woodson Says Hed Enter the Hall of Fame as a Steeler
July 8th, 2009 | by Matt Loede |

One of the greatest cornerbacks of all-time is being rewarded with a bust in Canton, OH this August in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and when it comes to what team he wants to be represented by on his bio, Rod Woodson says its the black and gold.

If youre a Steeler - once a Steeler, always a Steeler. I mean the Steelers faithful travel extremely well, Woodson said to KNBR in San Francisco. But as an individual, if they made me choose a team going in to the Hall of Fame, I would have chosen the Pittsburgh Steelers, but as a whole, I have to thank every single team that I played with.

I enjoyed the ten years that I had with the Steelers, it was remarkable, it was my start, but it wasnt my finish. I think the vast majority of the body of work was done in Pittsburgh but the four years I spent in Baltimore, I got the ring, I transitioned positions in Baltimore, met a lot of great individual players, have a lot of great friendships from there. Same thing with the 49ers and same thing with the Raiders, so you know, its kind of hard. Im a bi-racial person in life, Im a mixed race, and Im a mutt in football. I played on multiple teams and it was fun.

Woodson was always a class act with the Steelers, and it was tough to see him finish his career with other teams such as the Niners, Ravens and Raiders. That being said its good to see him appreciate the team that he spent the biggest part of his career with, and the team that gave him his start.

stlrz d
07-08-2009, 10:23 PM
:moon

:lol:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
07-09-2009, 10:52 AM

http://steelersmill.com/2009/07/08/wood ... a-steeler/ (http://steelersmill.com/2009/07/08/woodson-says-hed-enter-the-hall-of-fame-as-a-steeler/)

One of the greatest cornerbacks of all-time is being rewarded with a bust in Canton, OH this August in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and when it comes to what team he wants to be represented by on his bio, Rod Woodson says its the black and gold.

If youre a Steeler - once a Steeler, always a Steeler. I mean the Steelers faithful travel extremely well, Woodson said to KNBR in San Francisco. But as an individual, if they made me choose a team going in to the Hall of Fame, I would have chosen the Pittsburgh Steelers, but as a whole, I have to thank every single team that I played with.

I enjoyed the ten years that I had with the Steelers, it was remarkable, it was my start, but it wasnt my finish. I think the vast majority of the body of work was done in Pittsburgh but the four years I spent in Baltimore, I got the ring, I transitioned positions in Baltimore, met a lot of great individual players, have a lot of great friendships from there. Same thing with the 49ers and same thing with the Raiders, so you know, its kind of hard. Im a bi-racial person in life, Im a mixed race, and Im a mutt in football. I played on multiple teams and it was fun.

Woodson was always a class act with the Steelers, and it was tough to see him finish his career with other teams such as the Niners, Ravens and Raiders. That being said its good to see him appreciate the team that he spent the biggest part of his career with, and the team that gave him his start.

Help out this ignorant fan here please ...

He seems to be talking conditionally ... "If they made me choose ... I would have chosen ... ".

When people go in, do they actually choose what team they go in as? Or is it all generic, all about the player, not the team?

Thanks!

RuthlessBurgher
07-09-2009, 11:01 AM

He seems to be talking conditionally ... "If they made me choose ... I would have chosen ... ".

When people go in, do they actually choose what team they go in as? Or is it all generic, all about the player, not the team?

Thanks!

Unlike the baseball hall of fame in Cooperstown, they do not put a cap with a certain team logo on the busts in Canton. They list your name, and each of the teams you played for below it. As stlrz_d will be happy to tell you, you do not go into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a member of a specific team.

fezziwig
07-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Will he need to be signed as a Steeler for a little bit and then go in as a Steeler ?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
07-09-2009, 01:45 PM

Thanks!

Unlike the baseball hall of fame in Cooperstown, they do not put a cap with a certain team logo on the busts in Canton. They list your name, and each of the teams you played for below it. As stlrz_d will be happy to tell you, you do not go into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a member of a specific team.

Ah yes, another crucial piece of life information I've learned from this great forum. All is well with the universe - thanks!

proudpittsburgher
07-12-2009, 08:59 PM
for those indiana stelers fans, there will be a tribute to Woodson Monday night in Fort Wayne at beautiful Parkview Field in downtown fort wayne.