PDA

View Full Version : Jooser's Mtn. Mama FF League 2009 Edition

Pages : [1] 2

Jooser
07-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Ok, so I know it's early on this year, but Fantasy Football is still just around the corner. I'll be running a league of my own this year, like I always do. I'll probably use Yahoo, as that's the free one that I am used to, so no since in changing as far as I'm concerned. If anyone's interested, PM me as I'll probably start organizing everything in the next couple of weeks or so. I usually take around 10 ~ 12 folks and get it going. Here's to another competitive season!

-Joos

I'm planning on running this league exclusively with board members, no folks outside our ranks are permitted in order to keep everything square. :wink:

stlrz d
07-01-2009, 08:41 PM
I can't get in because I'm in too many as it is, but just a hint for you on a good FF experience: Yahoo makes you pay for live scoring. CBSSportsline does not.

SteelTorch
07-01-2009, 11:09 PM
I'll let you know if I decide to join. I'm new to this whole fantasy football thing though, so you are warned. :)

Iron Shiek
07-02-2009, 08:57 AM
I've gotta defend my title...I'm in.

:Cheers

RuthlessBurgher
07-02-2009, 09:07 AM
I've gotta defend my title...I'm in.

:Cheers
YOUR TITLE?!?! You must have been in the lowly South Division, because I ran roughshod over the North Division. I'll be willing to provide you with a dose of humility by beating you head-to-head this year.

Jooser
07-02-2009, 09:27 AM
I'm going to be checking out CBS Sportsline's fantasy page today and I'll make a decision on which one I'll use. As soon as I set everything up, I'll post the URL and passwords, and I guess it'll be first come, first in. I still would like some feedback on who's interested so I know how many teams to allow in the league and that sort of thing.

Thanks,
Jooser

RuthlessBurgher
07-02-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm going to be checking out CBS Sportsline's fantasy page today and I'll make a decision on which one I'll use. As soon as I set everything up, I'll post the URL and passwords, and I guess it'll be first come, first in. I still would like some feedback on who's interested so I know how many teams to allow in the league and that sort of thing.

Thanks,
Jooser

I think a 12 team league is pretty much standard. Last year, we had a North Division, a South Division, and Chadman's "Down Under" league as well, and each of those had 12 if I recall correctly.

Iron Shiek
07-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Ruthless...you had a great squad last year. And its hard to tell who would've done better since we were in seperate leagues, but I have confidence in rolling you this year!

Deangelo Williams saved me in the Championship game. But it won't be that close this time.

Jooser
07-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Ok, after looking at a few different league formats, I've decided to stay with Yahoo because it's what I'm familiar with. BTW, the free league now offers free Live Scoring with Stat Tracker, which is new this year and is the deciding factor for me. I'll post the details here in a bit so you can sign up....

Joos

proudpittsburgher
07-02-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm interested if you are still looking for people. Just let me know about drafts. And that's good news abotu stattracker. I have always founr Yahoo to be best for baseballa nd football, but paying for stats kind of sucked.

Jooser
07-02-2009, 04:03 PM
OK, here we go. I'm posting all the info that I have. Basically, it's a 12 man league with 2 divisions (the Hatfields & McCoys, naturally :wink: ). There will be 4 teams that make the playoffs with Division Winners taking the high seeds. Look at my scoring settings, I'm happy to make changes as long as the majority in the league agrees with the suggestion. I have a live draft tentatively scheduled for Sunday morning, August the 23 @ 10:00 AM EST. If you'd rather have an automated draft, we can discuss it after we've filled the league. I can also pick a different day and time if the one I've chosen is no good for you guys. So, here we go. Sign on up and let's have some fun.

League Name: Jooser's Mountain Mama League

League ID# 189023
Password: steelers

League Details:

Scoring & Settings
Setting Value
League ID#: 189023
League Name: Jooser's Mountain Mama League
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Sun Aug 23 1:00pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 1
Trade End Date: November 20, 2009
Trade Review: League Votes
Waiver Time: No waivers
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Weekly Waivers Sunday - Tuesday
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Playoffs: Week 15 and 16 (4 teams)
Divisions: Yes (2 divisions)
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Fractional Points: Yes
Negative Points: Yes

Offense
Passing Yards 20 yards per point; Bonus: 5 points at 300 yards; 10 points at 400 yards
Passing Touchdowns 6
Interceptions -1
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point; Bonus: 2 points at 100 yards; 4 points at 130 yards; 6 points at 150 yards
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Reception Yards 10 yards per point; Bonus: 5 points at 100 yards
Reception Touchdowns 6
Return Yards 10 yards per point
Return Touchdowns 6
2-Point Conversions 2
Fumbles Lost -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6
Kickers
Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
Point After Attempt Made 1

Defense/Special Teams
Sack 1
Interception 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Touchdown 6
Safety 2
Block Kick 2
Return Yards 10 yards per point
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6
Points Allowed 0 points 10
Points Allowed 1-6 points 7
Points Allowed 7-13 points 4
Points Allowed 14-20 points 1
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
Points Allowed 28-34 points -1
Points Allowed 35+ points -4

All of this is available on our league page, you can view it better there after you sign up.

Jooser
07-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Can we sticky this mods?

stlrz d
07-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Ok, after looking at a few different league formats, I've decided to stay with Yahoo because it's what I'm familiar with. BTW, the free league now offers free Live Scoring with Stat Tracker, which is new this year and is the deciding factor for me. I'll post the details here in a bit so you can sign up....

Joos

You sure it's free all season? Usually they give it free for the first week and then you have to pay to use it after that. They've always had stat tracker, but only free for the first week.

Jooser
07-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Yep, that's what it said. NEW this year, stat tracker Live is free.

The #1 Fantasy Football Game Just Got Better!

* Free real-time scoring updates with StatTracker®
* Create a custom league or join a public one
* Control league size, scoring system and more
* Upgrade your team with Draft Kit and Scouting Report

Jooser
07-02-2009, 08:19 PM
What's the difference between Football PLUS '09 and Football '09?
Comparison Chart PLUS Free
Live Scoring yes yes
Keeper Leagues yes yes
Custom Schedules yes yes
Divisions yes yes
Wireless Access yes yes
Live Draft Application yes yes
League Prizes yes N/A
Preferred Draft Times yes N/A
Expedited Customer Service yes N/A
Draft Kit yes $9.99*
Scouting Report yes $9.99*
Team: $14.95 - League: $29.95 Free
* Can be purchased as an add-on to free Football '09.

Basically, you can now pay for upgrades such as a Draft Kit and Scouting Report, but the Live scoring is now free.....

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f2/signup

AngryAsian
07-02-2009, 09:02 PM
You should already start taking names down on this thread and update the thread as they chime in with their interest in participating. Last year was a rookie year for me, but this year, I plan to mop the floor with Ruthless and his "Belicheck-esque"- videotaping ways in our league last year. This is the year of the ASIAN!!

Iron Shiek
07-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Im in...locked n loaded. Thanks for settin it up Joose...

RuthlessBurgher
07-03-2009, 12:04 AM
I'm third man in on Yahoo (I'm a Hatfield along with Jooser...Shieky's Terror Squad avoids my direct wrath since he is a McCoy...I'll guess I'll see you in the final when we both win our divisions).

Since that formality has now been settled, I will have to make the first (of many...just you wait IS) formal trade offers. I would like to officially offer Willie Parker, Santonio Holmes, and the Steeler D in exchange for Adrian Peterson, Michael Turner, and Maurice Jones-Drew. Any takers, you homers? :lol:

AngryAsian
07-03-2009, 01:26 AM
I'm in as the fourth man in.... 8 more to go....

JAR
07-03-2009, 07:01 AM
I'll take a spot.

Jooser
07-03-2009, 07:31 AM
OK, so far this morning, we now have Asian, Iron Shiek, RB, and myself signed up. I've received PMs from Chadman, Proudpittsburgher, and JAR saying they are interested. I'm posting the info to sign up again in case it was lost earlier in this thread. I'm liking the smack talk already, this is going to get good this season :Clap !

ID # 189023
Password steelers

Yahoo Fantasy Football

proudpittsburgher
07-03-2009, 09:01 AM
It's about time they offered up stattracker for free. Honestly, I still thought Yahoo was the best, but I optioned out of stattracker in the past for football. Easier to just score it myself while I'm watching the games. Either way, I'm in! Let the butt kicking begin.

Chadman
07-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Signed in & ready to win... :Cheers

Jooser
07-03-2009, 11:27 AM
It's about time they offered up stattracker for free. Honestly, I still thought Yahoo was the best, but I optioned out of stattracker in the past for football. Easier to just score it myself while I'm watching the games. Either way, I'm in! Let the butt kicking begin.

I also favor the Yahoo format. I find it's easy to move players around and checking out free agents is easy as well. As for the Stat-tracker, I looked around and it seems most leagues are offering for free this season, I guess they're just trying to stay competitive. ESPN is offering free this year too.

Jooser
07-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Signed in & ready to win... :Cheers

Sweet, welcome aboard Chadman & Proudpittsburgher! That makes 6, we're half way to filling the Mountain Mama Fantasy Football League!

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

AngryAsian
07-03-2009, 12:03 PM
In there like swimwear!!!

HINES' CLONE is to be feared!

Jooser
07-03-2009, 12:17 PM

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc111/goranche/hilarious.gif

Wait, look, RB has his FF Game Shorts on!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k211/josephinegusmano/hilarious.jpg

AngryAsian
07-03-2009, 12:22 PM

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc111/goranche/hilarious.gif

Wait, look, RB has his FF Game Shorts on!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k211/josephinegusmano/hilarious.jpg

http://studiocsk.com/data/vomit.jpg

Jooser
07-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Wrong Fantasy Shorts RB! -very WRONG!

Jooser
07-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Hine's Clone FF team photo....

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu267/pookiegonzalez70/asian-midgets-wrestlers.jpg http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/10.gif

RuthlessBurgher
07-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Wrong Fantasy Shorts RB! -very WRONG!

You are forgiven, my son.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/rbjesus.jpg

:P

Jooser
07-03-2009, 02:24 PM
classic

costanza2k1
07-03-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm in b!tches! Get ready to get worked this season...

signed---this year's FF champ.

Jooser
07-04-2009, 06:57 AM
Ok, cool. We're up to 8 and have 4 spots left. Tell, how do you guys feel about the live draft?

-Serenity NOW!

RuthlessBurgher
07-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Ok, cool. We're up to 8 and have 4 spots left. Tell, how do you guys feel about the live draft?

-Serenity NOW!

Automated drafts suck. What is the point of fantasy football if you can't pick your own players? I realize that you can pre-rank the players you like and all, but what if the computer automatically chooses the next best player on your list each time and you just happen to end up with 4 WR and 2 QB before your first RB?

Chadman
07-04-2009, 10:18 AM

-Serenity NOW!

Automated drafts suck. What is the point of fantasy football if you can't pick your own players? I realize that you can pre-rank the players you like and all, but what if the computer automatically chooses the next best player on your list each time and you just happen to end up with 4 WR and 2 QB before your first RB?

Agreed- but Chadman got SCREWED OVER by not being able to LOG IN to the live draft last year- causing great distress for Chadman, but much glee for the evil Chavezz..

RuthlessBurgher
07-04-2009, 10:36 AM

-Serenity NOW!

Agreed- but Chadman got SCREWED OVER by not being able to LOG IN to the live draft last year- causing great distress for Chadman, but much glee for the evil Chavezz..

Speaking of Chadman getting screwed over, we may have to modify the draft time, Joose. On the site it says: "Draft Time: Sun Aug 23 1:00pm EDT" That would be 3:00 a.m. Down Under. I realize that Chadbaby probably keeps him up most of the night anyway, so a 3:00 a.m. draft may not seem unusual, but it would be nice to have one during his normal waking hours, no?

Jooser
07-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Grr...I thought I requested 10 AM, but I guess that's still midnight for Chadman. So Chadman, would you rather do this in your AM or PM, as we're the opposite here, just tell me what's best so you don't have any excuses this year. :wink:

Iron Shiek
07-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Way to muck things up chadman...we gotta always cater to the austrian (haha...okay...australian...)

Dashboard jesus...I will be right there with you in the trade department, but don't think I can hang with you the way you were trading last year.

RuthlessBurgher
07-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Way to muck things up chadman...we gotta always cater to the austrian (haha...okay...australian...)

Dashboard jesus...I will be right there with you in the trade department, but don't think I can hang with you the way you were trading last year.

I think I managed to trade Rudi Johnson three different times last year. I pick him up off waivers, then I trade him, the guy I traded him to realizes he still sucks, he is put back onto waivers, I pick him up off waivers again, trade him to somebody else, lather, rinse, repeat. :lol:

Jooser
07-04-2009, 01:50 PM
RB, are you as bored as I am today, hanging out on the Steelers Forum waiting on the fireworks? :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
07-04-2009, 02:13 PM
RB, are you as bored as I am today, hanging out on the Steelers Forum waiting on the fireworks? :lol:

Here you go.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee113/MarkBellinghaus/fireworksAnimation.gif

Actually, we had our big fireworks display last night. It was at the middle school, which is strategically located right next to the State Psychiatric Hospital.

:wft

I'm heading over to my in-laws now for a cookout, then I have to head back to the hospital to relieve my wife. Our daughter has been in the hospital since Wednesday morning with a bladder infection (we tried oral antibiotics on Tuesday night, but she threw up 3 times and spiked a 103 fever overnight, so they admitted her the next morning. My wife was away on business in NYC on Wednesday and Thursday, so I had to take both of those days off from work and spend the night at the hospital. My wife stayed over the last two nights, but I will likely be manning that hospital recliner this evening again. You guys have been a help in relieving some of the monotony for me, since I have been checking in on the board via my cell phone when Riley took naps.

I don't mean to steer us away from the trash-talking of the Fantasy thread with this stuff. Now feel free to continue bashing each other and me here. To get us back on track again:

"All you @#$% are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the @#$%-lickers. We're gonna @#$% your mothers while you watch and cry like little @#$% . Once we get to Hollywood and find those Miramax @#$% who are making that movie, we're gonna make 'em eat our @#$% , then @#$% out our @#$%, then eat their @#$% which is made up of our @#$% that we made 'em eat. Then you're all you @#$% are next. Love, Jay, Silent Bob, and RuthlessBurgher."

Jooser
07-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Dude, that's really crappy about your daughter. I hope she feels better soon. Those nights in the hospital when the younguns are sick really put you through it. Give her our best.

P.S. Don't expect any mercy you @*$#&% !!!! :D

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r25/mrdandrea/getwellsoon.gif
Get Well Soon, Little Miss Ruthlessburger!

AngryAsian
07-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Ruthless, my family thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I'm sure she'll be back in action in no time. All this sympathy will do nothing for you during the FF season. I will wipe the floor with you. :twisted:

RuthlessBurgher
07-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the well wishes you fine fellas...I mean fantasy football losers. :wink:

The wife decided that she doesn't want to leave her bedside until Riley is discharged, so she ended up sending me home with Jake. At least I was able to give her a couple of hours this evening to head over to the gym for a break and to go home and shower in her own bathroom for the first time in a few days.

While she was gone, I got to watch some fireworks from the hospital room (she does have a heck of a view of Nay Aug Park from the huge window on the 4th floor at Community Medical Center in Scranton). The show wasn't as impressive as the one I saw the night before with my son Jake and my sister Leigh Anne, but since we were inside, the sounds were muffled so Riley was not scared of them as if we were outdoors and experiencing the full force of all those booms.

After that, we took a break from the incessant Spongebob and iCarly shows on her hospital TV to see the Macy's Firework Show from NYC and then the Firework Show from D.C., which featured some songs from the Sesame Street Muppets.

She was glad that for the first time since she has been there, she does not have to be connected to her IV tube 24-7. They just give her the antibiotics via the IV at noon and midnight, but she doesn't need the continuous drip anymore which meant that I had to walk her to the bathroom everytime with the IV machine in tow (and girls with bladder infections tend to go to the bathroom often).

So as we were celebrating the freedom of our country, she was celebrating freedom from the IV tube. Now she could get up and dance or run down the hallway without anything attached to her. Good times.

Oh and by the way...in this upcoming fantasy draft, I am the Kevin Colbert, while the rest of you are the front offices of the Browns, Bengals, Lions, Rams, etc. Luckily for me, as the Kevin Colbert of our fantasy league, I don't have to draft any o-lineman, which seems to be Colbert's kryptonite when it comes to drafting prowess.

Jooser
07-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Fine, be Kevin Colbert if you want to, pinhead!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/seraphine3272/pinhead.jpg

oops, sorry for calling you a name :cry:

Chadman
07-05-2009, 06:20 PM
RB- hopefully Little Miss Ruthless is feeling much better. Chadman hates hearing about little ones not feeling well, so the Chadfamily's thoughts are with you until she's bouncing out that door & coming home.

As for the timezone thing- don't worry yourselves about Chadman's different timezone- he's been dealing with it for....however many years he's been bothering you guys for...so there's no need to change things to suit him. Besides- if it works for the majority- why change things to suit the one minority? Seriously- Chadman will kick you all around this FF thing regardless, so you may as well use whatever advantage you can find right now... :stirpot

Jooser
07-05-2009, 06:56 PM
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc167/komacro/Ass_Kicking.gif

Jooser
07-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Aight Chadman, I changed the draft to Saturday, Aug. 22 @ 10 A.M. EST. If Chadman approves, I'll need a majority vote to change it.....

Chadman
07-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Aight Chadman, I changed the draft to Saturday, Aug. 22 @ 10 A.M. EST. If Chadman approves, I'll need a majority vote to change it.....

Whatever works- you'll all be owned by the Wombats regardless...

Iron Shiek
07-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Can't wait.

Nobody pick Adrian Peterson (the Vikings version)..I hear he contracted ghonerea and is not playing at all this year. So if you have autopick...just go ahead and take him off your list please. Thanks.

Carry on.

Jooser
07-06-2009, 06:54 PM
we need 4 more players to sign up!!!!

pfelix73
07-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Hey,

If you don't already have the 12 teams, you can add me to it.

:tt1

RuthlessBurgher
07-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Hey,

If you don't already have the 12 teams, you can add me to it.

You will have to log in to Yahoo, then join Jooser's league here:

League ID# 189023

pfelix73
07-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Thanks...

:D

pfelix73
07-08-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm in.....

Ya'll better watch out...

pfelix73
07-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Arrrggghhh matey......

A Pirates Life For Me......

RuthlessBurgher
07-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Arrrggghhh matey......

A Pirates Life For Me......

Predicting a last place finish at the start just like your Buccos, eh? :twisted:

RuthlessBurgher
07-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Fine, be Kevin Colbert if you want to, pinhead!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/seraphine3272/pinhead.jpg

oops, sorry for calling you a name :cry:

You callin' me a Hellraiser? You better believe it...

http://homepage.mac.com/clvandeventer/artwork/rundmc/raising_hell.jpg

I'll be "Raising Hell" in this league for sure.

"It's Tricky" to beat someone as good as me.

My team will be striving for "Perfection" this season.

"You Be Illin'" if you think you can beat me.

You just wish you were good enough to "Walk This Way" in "My Adidas."

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080623/run-dmc-raising-hell_l.jpg

Jooser
07-08-2009, 02:33 PM
:lol:

pfelix73
07-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Ah- I see you made the Pitt Bucco mistake!

I'm a 'bucco' of the East Carolina clan...... Skip has us on a roll now.....

arrgggghhh.

Jooser
07-08-2009, 03:14 PM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/worship.gif Dashboard Ruthless http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/worship.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
07-08-2009, 03:20 PM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/worship.gif Dashboard Ruthless http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/worship.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get used to bowing down to the Dashboard Ruthless (or praying to me for mercy...whichever works for you). I will be passing around the offering plate at the end of the season. :lol:

Jooser
07-08-2009, 03:20 PM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/3997_1999_football-player-names.jpg

we got room for three more FF players!

Jooser
07-08-2009, 05:51 PM
and, BTW, welcome aboard felix!...... :tt2

pfelix73
07-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Thank you. Thank you very much............

I promise I'll be a good guest.

Iron Shiek
07-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Welcome to the league. In case you didn't read the previous messages in this forum...you may want to click the "Hide email address" button on the league settings so that Ruthless doesn't flood your email inbox with trade offers. Or just create a rule to send his emails to the spam folder.

pfelix73
07-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Well, if that's the case, maybe we could 'charge' a small transaction fee per email sent.

Oops, we ain't playin' for $.

I'm used to playing in the leagues where the scoring is on TD's, FG's, etc only.

So, this one will be a challenge for me.....

Looking forward to it.....

Iron Shiek
07-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Actually Smash ran one of the forum leagues last year and we did actually play for money. We made it voluntary...so those that volunteered to pay were eligible to win the pot by getting the furthest or having the best record if none made playoffs. I won the league and took home like $70 or $80 (it was just $10 a person..sent check/paypal to smash prior to season, he sent me check at end). It worked out pretty good.

RuthlessBurgher
07-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Actually Smash ran one of the forum leagues last year and we did actually play for money. We made it voluntary...so those that volunteered to pay were eligible to win the pot by getting the furthest or having the best record if none made playoffs. I won the league and took home like $70 or $80 (it was just $10 a person..sent check/paypal to smash prior to season, he sent me check at end). It worked out pretty good.

We had a voluntary pay system as well. Only a few of us agreed to pay the winner at the beginning, but we never sent anything to the commish at the start of the season. I won, but never got paid. Oh well, it is not like that is what I was playing for anyway (I have a league at work where we each throw in $50, so you can make a little coin there if you win, but these message board leagues are more about bragging rights than anything). In my case, it would have been maybe 30 bucks insted of 80, so it was not a big deal. Our league was weird though, because NKy left midseason because of some issues with SMG if I recall correctly, then SMG was gone shortly after the death of the Trib...stuff happens. Maybe we can get a Stemmy/P.L.A.Y.A. award as fantasy champion or something like that.

Jooser
07-09-2009, 04:34 PM
That sounds cool, RB. What'll the trophy look like, a corn-cob :wink: pipe?

Jooser
07-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Welcome to the League PsychoWard, uh...who are u BTW? :?:

Jooser
07-10-2009, 08:45 AM
We're down to our last two FF roster spots, who's gonna step up?

DrCalculus
07-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Hey, thanks for the Welcome and letting me join the league!

I hardly ever post on here --- mostly just lurk. I used to post on alt.sports.football.pittsburgh-steelers before it started to generate into crap (shortly before the cable internet providers stopped offering service). I came over here probably about a year or so ago, after 2008 draft I think.

Anyway, thanks again for making the league available. I was hoping to find a free league that wasn't going to be completely full of either (a) douche bags who decide the run the new guy out of town or (b) know-nothings who don't bother to respond to trade offers and have no clue how to draft a team to make a competitive league. Those have been my experiences in a couple of Yahoo based leagues the past two years, and I'm looking forward to getting back to a fun, competitive league.

-Phil

:ratsuck

Jooser
07-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Well, Phil, I am assuming you are PsychoWard(?). Welcome to the league, and the forum. Don't be a stranger, make yourself known on the forum, we're a decent group of folks (sometimes :wink: ). I can't promise you I know enough to make it a competitive league, but I'll give it a whirl. By the way, Ruthless is a douchebag :D . Arrrg, my bad I got his name mixed up, it's DASHBOARD Ruthless. He's still getting whipped this season. GO JOOSE PIGS!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

DrCalculus
07-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Yes, I should have included in that post that DrCalculus = team owner for PsychoWard

As for this league being competitive, I'll just give you a comparison of what we saw last year on draft day:

Owner with the #2 overall pick selects...Steve Smith, WR, Carolina. (He wasn't even a consensus top 5 WR, much less the second overall pick in the draft...the owner? yeah, she liked Carolina...probably thought those kitties on their helmets were cute).

Owner with the #4 overall pick selects Tom Brady, which wasn't a bad pick considering the Pats went 16-0 in 2007. However, that apparently was as far as he bothered to read in the Fantasy Football publications, because he then tagged MASON CROSBY, PK, Green Bay with his second round pick...yes, a kicker with the 21st overall selection in the draft. The owners who followed him were so stunned one of them actually missed his turn.

:HeadBanger

And these picks were just the tip of the iceberg...and no alcohol was involved, since the draft commenced at mid-day on a Thursday from the office. Just good old ignorance.

So I am hoping that this league will be a little more competitive than that...

fordfixer
07-10-2009, 11:12 PM
O.K. I'm in, this will be my first try at FF so take it easy on me.

Jooser
07-11-2009, 05:48 AM
O.K. I'm in, this will be my first try at FF so take it easy on me.

welcome noob! :tt2

Jooser
07-12-2009, 02:54 PM
we have room for ONE mo'!

RuthlessBurgher
07-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Well, Phil, I am assuming you are PsychoWard(?). Welcome to the league, and the forum. Don't be a stranger, make yourself known on the forum, we're a decent group of folks (sometimes :wink: ). I can't promise you I know enough to make it a competitive league, but I'll give it a whirl. By the way, Ruthless is a douchebag :D . Arrrg, my bad I got his name mixed up, it's DASHBOARD Ruthless. He's still getting whipped this season. GO JOOSE PIGS!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Back in my days at Cornell, I majored in Psychology and only minored in Douchebaggery (unlike some of our Ivy League counterparts like Harvard, Princeton, and Yale, which require students to major in Douchebaggery).

I'm glad that our latest member, who appears to have a Ph.D in Mathematics (should be helpful in the sabremetrical analysis required to be a fantasy football prodigy like me), is able to spell Psycho Ward at least. Does anyone remember when there was a poster on the Trib whose name was Physco Ward (or some other butchering like that)?

Jooser
07-13-2009, 06:45 PM
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff282/jbourbeau1483/EWR/Workers/Celebs/Television/Television%20A/Andy_Bernard.jpg

I went to a little school called Cornell. You might have heard of it? :wink: :lol:

Chadman
07-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Chadman is busy whipping the beasts into a frenzy for feeding time on FF....

http://collateraldamage.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/wombat.jpg?w=329&h=193

Be afraid.

Be very, very afraid....

Iron Shiek
07-13-2009, 09:22 PM
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff282/jbourbeau1483/EWR/Workers/Celebs/Television/Television%20A/Andy_Bernard.jpg

I went to a little school called Cornell. You might have heard of it? :wink: :lol:

Nice Jooser....how'd that taste "Tuna"....I mean ruthless!?

RuthlessBurgher
07-13-2009, 09:23 PM

Dunder Mifflin is in Scranton, and so am I. Coincidence? Or something more...

RuthlessBurgher
07-13-2009, 09:27 PM

Be afraid.

Be very, very afraid....

I'm busy genetically engineering kiwi birds to grow to the size of a Tyrannasaurus Rex. As soon as I am able to solve the whole "flightless" dilemma, they are on their way from New Zealand to Australia to stomp on your pathetic little wombats and swallow them whole.

http://img2.travelblog.org/Photos/4657/57551/f/331083-A-Kiwi-bird-the-size-of-a-Tyranasaurus-Rex-1.jpg

Jooser
07-14-2009, 09:11 AM

Dunder Mifflin is in Scranton, and so am I. Coincidence? Or something more...

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo124/casey_gus/dwight_schrute.gif

...and Dwight Schrute is my Sensei, coincidence?

Jooser
07-14-2009, 09:15 AM

Be afraid.

Be very, very afraid....

I'm busy genetically engineering kiwi birds to grow to the size of a Tyrannasaurus Rex. As soon as I am able to solve the whole "flightless" dilemma, they are on their way from New Zealand to Australia to stomp on your pathetic little wombats and swallow them whole.

http://img2.travelblog.org/Photos/4657/57551/f/331083-A-Kiwi-bird-the-size-of-a-Tyranasaurus-Rex-1.jpg

Forget it RB, my genetically altered funnel web spiders are already the size of Rottweilers, I think they'll handle the wombats sufficiently enough.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/MarkV6/Spiders/FW3.jpg

(Gosh, now I'll have nightmares just thinking about those things! How can you take it Chandman? :HeadBanger )

Chadman
07-21-2009, 06:46 PM

Be afraid.

Be very, very afraid....

Forget it RB, my genetically altered funnel web spiders are already the size of Rottweilers, I think they'll handle the wombats sufficiently enough.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/MarkV6/Spiders/FW3.jpg

(Gosh, now I'll have nightmares just thinking about those things! How can you take it Chandman? :HeadBanger )

Funnel Web's are for sooks! :Binky

Actually- they are viscious little buggers- they rear up & jump when attacking- go figure- a spider jumping at you to attack!

Did we get that last player yet? Maybe we should just randomly pick someone that is on this board & 'force' them to play along...

Jooser
07-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Nope, not yet Chadman. I know there has to be someone amongst us who'll volunteer to be canon fodder, the question is only - who!?!

fordfixer
07-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Nope, not yet Chadman. I know there has to be someone amongst us who'll volunteer to be canon fodder, the question is only - who!?!
Hay that's my job. :shock: :oops:

Chadman
07-21-2009, 09:45 PM

It might be worth you honing your 'razzing' skills Ford- you can't be a noob at FF & trash talking!

Get it together, or Chadman will squish you!

LIKE A GRAPE!!!!! ARGHHHH!!!!!
:loser :stirpot

Jooser
07-21-2009, 10:49 PM
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/jeremytonkin/scottsquish.jpg

Squished like a grape!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chadman
07-21-2009, 11:02 PM
Right- you're on Juisy....

Chadman
07-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Joose is a self confessed Fugly...

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/ugly-people-get-beat-demotivational-poster.jpg

Chadman
07-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Joose wedding night photos...

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/dancing-wrong-demotivational-poster1.jpg

Chadman
07-21-2009, 11:08 PM
Later that night....

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/ghb-rape-funny-demotivational-poster.jpg

Chadman
07-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Bucco rolling with the spoils of war...at ASAIN'S expense...

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/pirates-demotivational-poster.jpg

fordfixer
07-22-2009, 12:11 AM

It might be worth you honing your 'razzing' skills Ford- you can't be a noob at FF & trash talking!

uummm I'll have to work on both of them :lol:

Chadman
07-22-2009, 12:41 AM

Until then, here's something to aim for...

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/nintendo-demotivational-poster.jpg

fordfixer
07-22-2009, 12:55 AM

Do you think I could?

Chadman
07-22-2009, 01:00 AM

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/nintendo-demotivational-poster.jpg[/quote]
Do you think I could?[/quote][/quote]

If you work hard, maybe- just maybe.

It'll help if you get yourself some "Harry Highpants" action going on....

Upon hearing this news, FF did the dance of joy...

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/excuse-me-wtf-demotivational-poster.jpg

fordfixer
07-22-2009, 01:02 AM

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/excuse-me-wtf-demotivational-poster.jpg[/quote]
:lol: :lol:

Jooser
07-22-2009, 10:07 AM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/redneck-1.gif

Ever see a Wombat with no teeth?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
07-22-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm in

RuthlessBurgher
07-22-2009, 10:17 AM
I'm in

Wow...first we couldn't find a person for the last spot for a few weeks, and now Pappy, Epi, and Toronto fighting over it (sorry, can't call you "T.O." especially since he is so close to you in Buffalo, and will be playing a home game in your fine city this year).

Jooser
07-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Welcome aboard Steeler Fan, er um, we'll just call you cannon fodder! :o

Jooser
07-22-2009, 10:55 AM
Hatfields
- Joose Pigs
- Dashboard Ruthless
- Swashbucklers
- Bradshaw's bunch
- Fastback
- Hines' Clone

McCoys
- PsychoWard
- C2k1's Dominators
- Terror Squad
- Toe Jam Football
- Wombats of Doom
- steeler_fan_in_t.o.

The stage is set, the battle lines have been drawn. Let the BLOODSHED commence!!!!!!!!

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb22/nub_666/Bloodshed.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
07-22-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm trying to figure out who everyone is (since the team names are not necessarily related to everyone's user ID here). I think I was able to figure out most of you at first glance, but I seem to be missing a couple. Hmmm...

Hatfields
- Joose Pigs JOOSER
- Dashboard Ruthless RUTHLESSBURGHER
- Swashbucklers PFELIX73
- Bradshaw's bunch PROUDPITTSBURGHER
- Fastback
- Hines' Clone ASIAN

McCoys
- PsychoWard DR.CALCULUS
- C2k1's Dominators COSTANZA2K1
- Terror Squad IRON SHEIK
- Toe Jam Football
- Wombats of Doom CHADMAN
- steeler_fan_in_t.o. STEELER FAN IN T.O. (that was a tough one)

Iron Shiek
07-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Crap...Toe Jam Football was in the South Division last year, but I can't remember who it was.

Anyway, while trying to search for it in the old South Division thread, I came across my post draft roster...still can't believe Portis fell so low and look where I got Forte!!

My WRs were terrible, good thing I made so many trades and someone dropped Deangelo Williams in the beginning of the year giving me some trade bait with my other Rbs.

And I love how I called my shot..."Championship". Time to Repeat.

Lock it up...Championship. lol. How did Portis fall to #23 to me!!! Insane. Overall a good draft though...for everyone.

QB 4 (#47) Cutler, Jay (QB DEN)
RB 1 (#2) Peterson, Adrian (RB MIN)
RB 2 (#23) Portis, Clinton (RB WAS)
WR 3 (#26) Colston, Marques (WR NO)
WR 5 (#50) Williams, Roy (WR DET)
WR 6 (#71) Moss, Santana (WR WAS)
TE 12 (#143) Scheffler, Tony (TE DEN)
K 13 (#146) Crosby, Mason (K GB)
DST 14 (#167) Ravens (DST BAL)
RS 7 (#74) Young, Selvin (RB DEN)
RS 9 (#98) Forte, Matt (RB CHI)
RS 10 (#119) Taylor, Chester (RB MIN)
RS 8 (#95) Burleson, Nate (WR SEA)
RS 11 (#122) Williams, Reggie (WR JAC)

Jooser
07-22-2009, 02:14 PM
fastback is fordfixer (tow truck :D )

toe jam is I think it's JAR

Jooser
07-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Hine's Clone FF team photo....

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu267/pookiegonzalez70/asian-midgets-wrestlers.jpg http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/10.gif

just had to repost this for Chadman....

JAR
07-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Yes, I am Toe Jam

fordfixer
07-22-2009, 10:49 PM

:evil: not all fords need a tow truck

fordfixer
07-22-2009, 11:05 PM

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/excuse-me-wtf-demotivational-poster.jpg[/quote]

CHADMAN What's up with all of your image's, they seem to be dissipating much like the wombat's will as the season goes on :P

proudpittsburgher
07-23-2009, 08:47 AM
Let the bodies hit the floor!

RuthlessBurgher
07-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Yes, I am Toe Jam

Come Together.

Right Now.

Over Me.

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/tje-cover.jpg

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Music/Pix/pictures/2008/06/26/toejam.jpg

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Music/Pix/pictures/2008/06/26/smiley.jpg

[youtube:309wyi4l]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oarqwmbZi8k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oarqwmbZi8k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube:309wyi4l]

Jooser
07-23-2009, 07:26 PM

:evil: not all fords need a tow truck

Well, yours is gonna, punk!

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/dwighthitsmannequin.gif

Iron Shiek
07-24-2009, 01:14 AM
Posting fancy videos and pics, while funny, doesn't help you win fantasy football. If it did, you guys would be the best ever of all time ever in history forever, but it doesn't help. So you still all suck...eat it...and you will all succumb to the Terror Squad one way or the other. Don't get excited if you beat me in the regular season either...I'm winnin the championship like my man says: Hoeshmazode....lock it up...championship:

[youtube:245p0g6e]0QmH4jkqJFQ[/youtube:245p0g6e]

Rackers is dope...but what were they thinking putting chris simms in that commercial..and braylon edwards for that matter.

proudpittsburgher
07-24-2009, 09:51 AM
Rackers is dope...but what were they thinking putting chris simms in that commercial..and braylon edwards for that matter.

Funny part is, Braylon can't catch a football when he can se it coming. What in the hell makes them think he can do it blindfolded?? :wft

Iron Shiek
07-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Right? Highly unbelievable. They definitely blew their cover on the "authenticity" of those video clips.

Jooser
07-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Shiek, you are about to become the human flogging post of the Mountain Mama League!

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n208/Michael_Dale_Francis/KOREA%20TRIP/IMG_1486.jpg

Iron Shiek
07-27-2009, 09:36 PM
everything hurts less when you are winning...which i plan on doing repeatedly.

Jooser
07-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Winning in excess, that's what Joose Pigs do!

RuthlessBurgher
07-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Winning in excess, that's what Joose Pigs do!

Joose Pigs winning INXS? Really? I never watched that show. :wink:

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/kennyerj/2005/RockStarINXS-CBS.jpg

Jooser
07-28-2009, 01:25 PM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/dance_boat.gif

INXS Victory Dance

RuthlessBurgher
07-28-2009, 01:41 PM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/dance_boat.gif

INXS Victory Dance

As long your INXS victory dance does not include any dangerous autoerotic asphyxiation maneuvers, since that supposedly is what killed their original singer, you should be okay.

Jooser
07-29-2009, 10:45 AM
I should be in the clear since I don't choke myself in two places at once. :D :shock:

Chadman
07-29-2009, 06:52 PM
When's the draft?

Chadman is preparing to impart righteous destruction & humiliation upon you!

RuthlessBurgher
07-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Your live online draft is set for Sat Aug 22 7:00am PDT [ Add to My Calendar ], which is 23 days, 14 hours, and 51 minutes from now. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early since your draft will start promptly at the assigned time.

Thank you, come again.

Wait...that was costanza's line. Oh well.

costanza2k1
07-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Your live online draft is set for Sat Aug 22 7:00am PDT [ Add to My Calendar ], which is 23 days, 14 hours, and 51 minutes from now. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early since your draft will start promptly at the assigned time.

Thank you, come again.

haha, so looks like it will be an early draft for me. The destruction of all you fools starts early in the am. IT IS ON!

fordfixer
07-29-2009, 10:17 PM

Thank you, come again.

haha, so looks like it will be an early draft for me. The destruction of all you fools starts early in the am. IT IS ON!

FOOLS I see no fools............ oh wait there's Ruthless. never mind :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
07-30-2009, 11:07 AM

Thank you, come again.

FOOLS I see on fools............ oh wait there's Ruthless. never mind :lol:

http://www.justnewlistings.com/blogs/uploads/I%20pity%20the%20fool!.jpg

Jooser
08-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Only 18 days to the draft! Who's drafting Beanie Wells? Did I hear a "me!" from fordfixer over there? AHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH! :tt2

Chadman
08-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Is anyone else formulating 'strategy' in their minds for this draft? Chadman has a couple of players in mind that could surprise.....McNabb in Round 1 baby!

pfelix73
08-03-2009, 09:25 PM
I'll be at work when we draft, but that shouldn't be a problem as - I'm the boss.

Just one question-

Can we start 10 kickers?

RuthlessBurgher
08-03-2009, 09:29 PM
I'll be at work when we draft, but that shouldn't be a problem as - I'm the boss.

Just one question-

Can we start 10 kickers?

Of course you can start 10 kickers...You're the Boss!!!

http://assets.hulu.com/shows/key_art_whos_the_boss.jpg

fordfixer
08-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Only 18 days to the draft! Who's drafting Beanie Wells? Did I hear a "me!" from fordfixer over there? AHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH! :tt2

Wells was hurt Saturday in his first practice after signing his contract and was taken from the field on a cart. Reports initially had indicated that Wells appeared to injure his left ankle, but Whisenhunt said the injury is to Wells's right ankle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds as if he could use a tow truck 8)

Jooser
08-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Woohoo, we have ourselves a draft this Saturday boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chadman
08-17-2009, 06:17 PM
Woohoo, we have ourselves a draft this Saturday boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know why you are so excited- just one day closer to having your backside handed to you by an Aussie...

Jooser
08-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Chadman, you do know that this isn't Fantasy Soccer or Rugby right? Any part of me getting shawalloped by an Aussie is pure fantasy, let me assure you my marsupial petting friend! :D :moon

Chadman
08-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Chadman, you do know that this isn't Fantasy Soccer or Rugby right? Any part of me getting shawalloped by an Aussie is pure fantasy, let me assure you my marsupial petting friend! :D :moon

Run along and ask Chavezz how it feels.... :tt2

Jooser
08-17-2009, 10:53 PM
Chavezz says you're a dirty gringo, and he doesn't have your back.

Chadman
08-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Chavezz says you're a dirty gringo, and he doesn't have your back.

Chavezz is Chadman's biatch- but before this season is done, you'll be fighting him out for the #1 biatch role.

Jooser
08-18-2009, 07:57 AM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/dorky1995/AustraliaTourCiaran461.jpg

Chadman, the Joose Pigs are coming for you!

Iron Shiek
08-18-2009, 09:52 AM
I finally received my kids' soccer schedule for this weekend. I normally don't like missing games anyway, but since I pay a lot of money for them to play in this Academy I really would hate missing. And unfortunately the games are at 11am and 12pm Eastern across town. Ouch.

Hopefully technology doesn't fail me and I can draft from my phone. I just performed the system test on our League home page and it was successful. I will cross my fingers.

I will pre rank my players just in case (ugh...and end up with 4 qbs)... :( If that happens, you guys are lucky as I know my way around a draft...unlike Ruthless who is like a used car salesman. :stirpot

RuthlessBurgher
08-18-2009, 10:18 AM
unlike Ruthless who is like a used car salesman. :stirpot

Shiek knows I got the goods. :lol:

http://www.impawards.com/2009/posters/goods_live_hard_sell_hard.jpg

AngryAsian
08-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Isn't the draft this Saturday at 0700 am?

RuthlessBurgher
08-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Isn't the draft this Saturday at 0700 am?

Yahoo's times are listed as Pacific. That would be 10:00 a.m. on the East Coast this Saturday.

JAR
08-19-2009, 05:45 PM
it looks like I'm going to miss the draft. Hopefully I ranked good.

Chadman
08-19-2009, 11:17 PM
It'll be Saturday around midnight here, and Chadman will make it.

Slackers.

Jooser
08-20-2009, 07:02 AM
AHAHA! Chadman will be good and liquored up, while the rest of us East Coasters will just be getting up and fresh. Draft Beanie Wells Chadman before fordfixer gets him first! AHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHHAAA!

Jooser
08-20-2009, 07:23 AM
* Your live online draft is set for Sat Aug 22 10:00am EDT [ Add to My Calendar ], which is 2 days, 2 hours, and 39 minutes from now. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early since your draft will start promptly at the assigned time.
* Test your system to ensure the draft application will work correctly.
* Rank your players up until 45 minutes before your draft.
* Join a mock draft to practice your draft strategy.
* The draft order will be randomly determined approximately 30 minutes before the draft begins.
* If you wish to leave this league, you must delete it completely.
* Leagues that complete drafts (live, auto, offline) after 11:59pm PT on Wednesday, September 9 will start scoring in week 2. However, the commissioner can adjust the league setting "Start League scoring in" to Week 1.
* Managers, make sure to check your league settings before you draft
* Upgrade to a PLUS league and all members will gain access to Draft Kit, Scouting Reports and more. You'll even get a prize for the league winner. Convert now!

Everyone please go look at how I have the league set up for scoring. If you guys want to change anything, let me know and we'll put it up for a vote. Also, the draft order will be randomly selected by Yahoo at the time the draft starts - I have no control over it.

Thanks,
Joos

RuthlessBurgher
08-20-2009, 08:40 AM
* Your live online draft is set for Sat Aug 22 10:00am EDT [ Add to My Calendar ], which is 2 days, 2 hours, and 39 minutes from now. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early since your draft will start promptly at the assigned time.
* Test your system to ensure the draft application will work correctly.
* Rank your players up until 45 minutes before your draft.
* Join a mock draft to practice your draft strategy.
* The draft order will be randomly determined approximately 30 minutes before the draft begins.
* If you wish to leave this league, you must delete it completely.
* Leagues that complete drafts (live, auto, offline) after 11:59pm PT on Wednesday, September 9 will start scoring in week 2. However, the commissioner can adjust the league setting "Start League scoring in" to Week 1.
* Managers, make sure to check your league settings before you draft
* Upgrade to a PLUS league and all members will gain access to Draft Kit, Scouting Reports and more. You'll even get a prize for the league winner. Convert now!

Everyone please go look at how I have the league set up for scoring. If you guys want to change anything, let me know and we'll put it up for a vote. Also, the draft order will be randomly selected by Yahoo at the time the draft starts - I have no control over it.

Thanks,
Joos

To make it fair, Yahoo should "randomly" make the draft order such that my first pick is not until the 5th round. Then you losers might have a slight chance against me. Mwoo-ha-ha!!!

http://www.rhodesfamily.org.uk/blog/2005/09/pix/dastardly.gif

Jooser
08-20-2009, 08:54 AM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/doggy.gif

Hee Hee Hee, Rufless is Loco!

pfelix73
08-20-2009, 09:52 PM
I'll take that 1st pick and select Jeff Reed with it---- just kidding, or course....

personally, I'd like to see a scoring system of just points scored and none of the stats, but that's just me.

RuthlessBurgher
08-20-2009, 11:49 PM
I'll take that 1st pick and select Jeff Reed with it---- just kidding, or course....

personally, I'd like to see a scoring system of just points scored and none of the stats, but that's just me.

Yup, that's just you...TD only leagues suck. When some scrub like T.J. Duckett who gets goal line carries and nothing else is potentially more valuable than someone like Brian Westbrook who contributes huge yardage both through the air and on the ground, then you know something is wrong with your scoring system. Yardage has to count in my mind.

Chadman
08-21-2009, 01:44 AM
Note to self- pfelix is becoming obsessed with Jeff Reed. Chadman must select Reed in the first couple of rounds to get in front of pfelix...

Ruthless thinks that TJ Duckeet will actually score TD's....put a line through Ruthless as a serious contender.

Fordfixer & Jooser will be battling for Beanie Wells. Must therefore select Hightower in Round 1...

JAR is a slacker & won't turn up- making him easier to beat...

ASIAN will, (ironically if you ask his wife), arrive 3 hours early at 7....meaning he'll be lethargic by draft time...

Shiek will be twittering his picks....while watching soccer...lack of concentration will lead to him selecting Rashard Mendenhall in Round 1....

Chadman has this in the bag... :D

Jooser
08-21-2009, 08:15 AM
...you mean the pouch? LOL.

Iron Shiek
08-21-2009, 09:41 AM
...you mean the pouch? LOL.

LMAO!!! :Clap

Don't you worry about me picking Mendenhall in Rd 1 chadman.

Oh and Duckett was one of my late round sleepers...don't be knocking him!

pfelix73
08-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Hey Jooser, I hope I didn't upset you with what I was saying, as I'm in both types of leagues anyway. The reason why I like the scoring based on points alone is because the scores are more in line with what the teams score. You don't have games in the NFL that are 120- 98, etc., so in a scoring based on TD's only your scores are more like 30-20, etc. And like you mentioned with someone like Duckett, picking up those extras during the 1st week or 2 after the season starts always makes it interesting. But the same goes for these as well. That Colston fellow from NO comes to mind (rookie year)

I'm looking forward to your league. Thanks for allowing me to be in it.

Now, on another note- Chadman, IF I wind up with a Brees or a Fitzgerald or even a Tomlinson (whoever he is) and you get Reed, we'll have to wheel and deal. :lol:

I'll see you all tomorrow. And good luck...... I'm going to need it. I do hope it's over before 11:30 because we are planning on going down to see the 6 Lombardies all lined up in a row at the History Center in downtown Pgh tomorrow.

Iron Shiek
08-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Nice enjoy the viewing pfelix.

I've gotta disagree with you on the scoring only because its called fantasy football for a reason..it isn't supposed to resemble real scoring. Its fake football games with fake teams...that's just my take.

CHeers.

RuthlessBurgher
08-21-2009, 09:48 AM
No, he means in the bag.

http://rlv.zcache.com/kangaroo_in_a_bag_poster-p228321906101350691tdar_210.jpg

The Aussie's throwing punches now...

http://www.geekologie.com/2009/03/09/kangaroo.jpg

Jooser
08-21-2009, 11:34 AM
pfelix, you didn't upset me at all. What I really meant was take a look at how many points I have given to each stat. It can be a fairly high scoring ordeal, but I tried to take into consideration points for all facets of the game. A good bonus area to watch is return yards. Also, a defense can virtually shut out an opposing offense but not score themselves and still be rewarded under the way it's set up now. I didn't change too much from Yahoo's default settings, but I did add some bonus points for certain positions going over certain numbers in terms of overall yardage and I added points for return yards and TD's.

As for our rowdie Aussie, he'll get his come uppins' come opening day. LOL

I'm pumped, I can't wait to draft tomorrow. WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo178/aioinfo/Yeehaw.gif

AngryAsian
08-21-2009, 02:25 PM
So there's no confusion... 10:00am tomorrow Eastern Standard Time. Right?

Jooser
08-21-2009, 02:42 PM

dang it Asian!

RuthlessBurgher
08-21-2009, 04:05 PM

Yes. It's the same time whether you are in Rhode Island or Florida.

Jooser
08-21-2009, 04:15 PM

Yes. It's the same time whether you are in Rhode Island or Florida.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/jon_heder_napoleon_dynamite_intervi.jpg

Like anyone could even know that, GOSH!

Chadman
08-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Whn you 'test your system' to see if the live draft will work- what are you supposed to see?

Chadman's pc gives a pop-up screen with "yahoo fantasy sports" written in the middle of the screen and 'connecting to server' constantly spinning under that.

Is Chadman supposed to be connected to the server yet? what's everyone else getting?

Jooser
08-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Chadman, when I do the test, it first tells me that I am connecting to the server. The next thing I see, after about 15~20 seconds, is a message in the window that says 'Test Successful'. Just out of curiosity, what browser are you using? I am using Firefox, and it appears to be working ok.

Chadman
08-21-2009, 07:32 PM
using internet explorer... :(

this is going to suck....still not connected!

Jooser
08-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Try downloading firefox, it's free. Also, if you have to use IE, make sure that you have your cookies turned on, and I think you need flashplayer. But, I really recommend Firefox mate.

Chadman
08-21-2009, 07:40 PM
ok- success- allowed cookies and we are ready to rock & roll...catch you later jooser- thanks for the help.

Jooser
08-21-2009, 08:03 PM
No problem mate. See ya at the draft!

RuthlessBurgher
08-21-2009, 08:51 PM
I'm using Internet Explorer, and I got the "Test Successful" after 15-20 seconds, so I appear to be ready to roll. The rest of you folks better beware. That was your only hope of beating me...if my system test failed.

RuthlessBurgher
08-21-2009, 10:41 PM
Okay, Joose...with less than 12 hours to go until draft time, glanced over the rules once more before finalizing my pre-draft rankings. I noticed you changed a few things from the Yahoo defaults. Some I have no problem with. Others will destroy the entire complexion of the league.

Some changes I don't mind:

Changing QB scoring from 25 yards per point to 20 yards per point and increasing the value of TD passes from 4 to 6. I don't mind these changes. They make QB's more valuable than they would be under Yahoo default rules, but it is not to the degree of QB's completely dominating the league like that playoff fantasy game that stlrz_d puts together each season. Actually, your way here is closer to what I am used to with the fantasy league that I have been doing with guys from work for years now, so I like it better this way, to be honest. Not a huge deal either way, though. No one should have any major problems with this.

You made kickoff and punt return TD's count as 6 points is you own that team's defense/special teams (instead of the Yahoo default of zero). I have no problem with this either (this is how you do it in my other league. Return TD's are rare, but if the team D/ST you pick happens to have a good returner, you might get a 6 point bonus a couple of times during the season. Fair enough. Like it. No one should have any major problems here either.

This big issue, and I mean HUGE issue, is when you decided to give one point for every 10 return yards for the individual player as well as for the team D/ST. This may not sound like much, but it throws the entire scoring system out of whack big time. If this rule stays on the books by the time we draft in the morning, and I happen to get first overall pick, I will not pick Adrian Peterson. No chance. I will pick Darren Sproles. No question. Do you think I'm crazy? Let me explain.

Let's look at the fantasy value of those 2 players based on last year's stats:

Adrian Peterson

1760 yards rushing (176.0 points)
125 yards receiving (12.5 points)
10 rushing TD's (60.0 points)

Total: 248.5 fantasy points

Darren Sproles

330 rushing yards (33.0 points)
342 receiving yards (34.2 points)
1376 kick return yards (137.6 points)
249 punt return yards (24.9 points)
1 rushing TD (6.0 points)
5 receiving TD's (30.0 points)
1 kick return TD (6.0 points)

Total: 371.7 fantasy points

Still think I'm crazy for taking Sproles first overall? The points you would gain simply from that added kick and punt return yardage is worth more than all of Andre Johnson's league-leading receiving yardage (162.5 vs. 157.5). That's just wrong.

The 1 point for every 10 return yards has to be eliminated now before the entire season goes out of whack. Sproles isn't the only example. Because of Steve Breaston's 667 kick return yards and 237 punt return yards, he is only a few points behind his teammate Larry Fitzgerald in fantasy value under these rules (215.1 vs. 209.0). This has to change now, or else guys like Jerious Norwood, Leon Washington, and Johnnie Lee Higgins will be ruling over our league with an Iron Fist. Thanks for listening to my fantasy stat rant. See y'all in the morning when we do this thing for real.

fordfixer
08-21-2009, 10:56 PM
Whn you 'test your system' to see if the live draft will work- what are you supposed to see?

Chadman's pc gives a pop-up screen with "yahoo fantasy sports" written in the middle of the screen and 'connecting to server' constantly spinning under that.

Is Chadman supposed to be connected to the server yet? what's everyone else getting?

The same thing is going on with me. On both firefox and IE I have cookies allowed. Any other ideas? :HeadBanger (should have checked this sooner) :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

RuthlessBurgher
08-21-2009, 11:27 PM

The same thing is going on with me. On both firefox and IE I have cookies allowed. Any other ideas? :HeadBanger (should have checked this sooner) :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

Yahoo says you need a Flash-enabled browser. Perhaps try downloading a new version of Adobe Flash Player? That is the only thing I can think of at this point. Hope it works.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

fordfixer
08-21-2009, 11:37 PM

Yahoo says you need a Flash-enabled browser. Perhaps try downloading a new version of Adobe Flash Player? That is the only thing I can think of at this point. Hope it works.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

No joy but thanks any way

proudpittsburgher
08-22-2009, 05:55 AM
I'm getting the same problem as many,a nd I did it on both firefox and IE. Next up, google chrome

Jooser
08-22-2009, 08:13 AM
No worries RB. I have until the first game to change the scoring settings. Still, though, what do you think is fair value for return yards? Should I double the yardage per point perhaps? I am unsure, but I do like to reward players for return yards to some degree because it is part of the game after all. So, gimme some ideas as to what you're thinking and we can certainly amend the values.

For you guys who are having difficulties with the system test, which IE are you using? If it's the new one, make sure your flashplayer add-on is turned on. IE 8 sometimes disables this if you clear your history. I am using the latest Firefox and am not having any issues. Turn on all cookies.....

-Joos

proudpittsburgher
08-22-2009, 08:50 AM
hmm, I have to draft from work, and I think I am running into firewall troubles. That's all I can come up with as to why it's not working for me. Do you know much about that, joos?

proudpittsburgher
08-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Oh well. I am going to try and get outta work a little early and head somewhere with a wifi connection. Hopefully see ya at the draft ya bunch of loosers. :stirpot

RuthlessBurgher
08-22-2009, 09:41 AM
No worries RB. I have until the first game to change the scoring settings. Still, though, what do you think is fair value for return yards? Should I double the yardage per point perhaps? I am unsure, but I do like to reward players for return yards to some degree because it is part of the game after all. So, gimme some ideas as to what you're thinking and we can certainly amend the values.

For you guys who are having difficulties with the system test, which IE are you using? If it's the new one, make sure your flashplayer add-on is turned on. IE 8 sometimes disables this if you clear your history. I am using the latest Firefox and am not having any issues. Turn on all cookies.....

-Joos

You can't just randomly change the scoring after the draft, because the scoring setting affect how we draft. You have to decide what the rules will be now, so that we will know who will be the most valuable picks this morning.

If you double the amount of yards a returner needs to get a point, Sproles may not outscore Peterson, but he still outscores someone like Marion Barber:

Darren Sproles

330 rushing yards (33.0 points)
342 receiving yards (34.2 points)
1376 kick return yards (68.8 points at 20 yards per point)
249 punt return yards (12.5 points at 20 yards per point)
1 rushing TD (6.0 points)
5 receiving TD's (30.0 points)
1 kick return TD (6.0 points)

Total: 190.5 fantasy points

Marion Barber

885 rushing yards (88.5 points)
417 receiving yards (41.7 points)
7 rushing TD's (42.0 points)
2 receiving TD's (12.0 points)

Total: 184.2 fantasy points

I suggest that you drop the return yardage stipulation altogether. We are looking for the best RB's and WR's here, not the best return men. And anyone who gets the majority of a team's return duties gets huge yardage just on the basis of volume of returns, even if they suck at it. For example, WR Brandon Middleton of the Lions had 864 kick return yards. Not because he was a great returner, but because teams kicked off to the Lions a lot because everyone scored a whole bunch on their defense. This wideout that I never heard of from Detroit had only one catch last year, but those acculumated return yards are more than the receiving yards for people like Santonio Holmes and Marques Colston last year. That's just dumb. Eliminate points for return yards. You can leave the 6 points for a player if he returns a punt or a kick for a TD, because that does reward a remarkable performance (taking one back requires skill) instead of just acculumating yards simply because they return kicks a lot (not necessarily because they are good at it).

Make this change to eliminate return yardage now, Joos. If you don't, I will draft Sproles in round 1, because as the rules are written right now, he is worthy of such a lofty pick (and not only him...guys like Ahmad Bradshaw, Felix Jones, Ted Ginn, Eddie Royal, etc. get massive boosts to their value as compared to other RB's and WR's who don't return kicks). Just get rid of that points for return yardage rule now. If you change the rules later, everything will be screwed up, since those guy will suddenly be worth much less. We need to know going in what to expect, and no one plays in a league where Andre Davis is potentially a starting calibre fantasy wideout, solely because of the return yardage he accumulates.

Jooser
08-22-2009, 09:46 AM
OK RB, I eliminated that stat altogether. Looks like proudpittsburgher is up first.

Chadman
08-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Oh come on!!

It won't let Chadman in now... :HeadBanger

RuthlessBurgher
08-22-2009, 09:55 AM
OK RB, I eliminated that stat altogether. Looks like proudpittsburgher is up first.

Thanks, man. That makes this much more of a "normal" scoring system. However, I notice that return yardage is still set at 10 yards per point for the defense/special teams. That won't cripple the integrity of the entire draft process, but it will make the team D/ST that you choose a huge scorer, and it can also impact what D/ST you would want to pick (you would rank the teams with the best return men over the teams with the best defenses in terms of sacks, turnovers, points allowed). Since the Steelers do not have elite return men (even though we hope that newbies like Wallace/Burnett/Logan/whoever turn that around), Pittsburgh would not be an elite D/ST anymore because you do not expect return yards in bunches. Actually, sucky defenses that allow the other teams to score a lot accumulate tons of return yardage. I'd eliminate the return yardage rule there as well. Thanks again, man. Hope I didn't come off as overly pushy in this whole exchange. It was never anything personal against you, brother.

RuthlessBurgher
08-22-2009, 09:59 AM
And, Joose, I see you are 2nd and I am 3rd. If you promise not to steal guys I like in odd rounds when you pick right before me, I promise not to steal guys that you like in even rounds when I pick right before you. :lol:

Same deal with Asian at #4...if he doesn't steal my favorite players in even rounds...I won't steal his favorite players in odd rounds. :mrgreen:

proudpittsburgher
08-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Sorry guys, I can't get in either. The status bar goes all the way to the ed, then just stops.

Chadman
08-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Sorry guys, I can't get in either. The status bar goes all the way to the ed, then just stops.

Exactly...:(

proudpittsburgher
08-22-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm sorry if ya'll have to wait for my pick. I can tell you it's AP, but that probably doesn't help. sorry.

Chadman
08-22-2009, 10:05 AM
For those that did manage to get in- can we get an update on the selections as it goes?

fordfixer
08-22-2009, 10:32 AM
For those that did manage to get in- can we get an update on the selections as it goes?

Look's like we are in the same boat Chadman :HeadBanger

RuthlessBurgher
08-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Here are the projected starters...still trying find an easy way to access the bench players.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
QB Matt Schaub
WR Dwayne Bowe
WR Antonio Bryant
RB Frank Gore
RB Steve Slaton
TE Chris Cooley
W/R/T Ronnie Brown
K Kris Brown
DEF Baltimore

Favres wafflehouse
QB Jay Cutler
WR Steve Smith
WR Brandon Marshall
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Clinton Portis
TE Owen Daniels
W/R/T Jonathan Stewart
K Jason Elam
DEF Tennessee

The Wombats of Doom
QB Donovan McNabb
WR Terrell Owens
WR Chad Ochocinco
RB Brian Westbrook
RB Pierre Thomas
TE John Carlson
W/R/T Thomas Jones
K David Akers
DEF Philadelphia

Fastback
QB Carson Palmer
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Anquan Boldin
RB Marion Barber
RB Chris Wells
TE Heath Miller
W/R/T T.J. Houshmandzadeh
K Ryan Longwell
DEF Chicago

Hines' Clone
QB Peyton Manning
WR Roddy White
WR DeSean Jackson
RB Matt Forte
RB Reggie Bush
TE Antonio Gates
W/R/T Darren Sproles
K Jeff Reed
DEF New York

Swashbucklers
QB Drew Brees
WR Randy Moss
WR Marques Colston
RB Marshawn Lynch
RB Derrick Ward
TE Dallas Clark
W/R/T Julius Jones
K Nate Kaeding
DEF San Diego

Toe Jam Football
QB Ben Roethlisberger
WR Santonio Holmes
WR Lee Evans
RB Brandon Jacobs
RB Rashard Mendenhall
TE Greg Olsen
W/R/T Willis McGahee
K Rob Bironas
DEF Minnesota
Joose Pigs

QB Philip Rivers
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Hines Ward
RB Michael Turner
RB Larry Johnson
TE Jeremy Shockey
W/R/T Knowshon Moreno
K Stephen Gostkowski
DEF Dallas

PsychoWard
QB Aaron Rodgers
WR Andre Johnson
WR Braylon Edwards
RB DeAngelo Williams
RB Ryan Grant
TE Kellen Winslow
W/R/T Joseph Addai
K Josh Brown
DEF Pittsburgh

Dashboard Ruthless
QB Tom Brady
WR Greg Jennings
WR Bernard Berrian
RB Maurice Jones-Drew
RB Kevin Smith
TE Jason Witten
W/R/T LenDale White
K Nick Folk
DEF Carolina

C2k1's Dominators
QB Kurt Warner
WR Wes Welker
WR Roy Williams
RB Chris Johnson
RB Steven Jackson
TE Tony Gonzalez
W/R/T Felix Jones
K Mason Crosby
DEF New York

Terror Squad
QB Tony Romo
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Vincent Jackson
RB LaDainian Tomlinson
RB Darren McFadden
TE Zach Miller
W/R/T Eddie Royal
K --empty--
DEF Green Bay

Jooser
08-22-2009, 11:37 AM
I was just kidding about drafting Beanie Wells Fordfixer! :D

JAR
08-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Where is the players bye week listed?

fordfixer
08-22-2009, 12:48 PM
I was just kidding about drafting Beanie Wells Fordfixer! :D

Now you tell me :Hater :lol:

Iron Shiek
08-22-2009, 12:48 PM
drafting on phone was good but couldnt see bench. i have no kicker,ha. oh well. my team is nasty beeches

JAR
08-22-2009, 03:09 PM
drafting on phone was good but couldnt see bench. i have no kicker,ha. oh well. my team is nasty beeches

hey, have I got a deal for you! I'll trade you Kasey or Bironas for LT.

Chadman
08-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Wow....Chadman is glad he set his pre-draft rankings as he couldn't sign in for some reason.

All that being said, Chadman is amazed that his first 5 rounds are pretty much what he would have selected-
Brian Westbrook in Round 1, Chadman would have taken him from 5th, so to get him at 8 is good.
Pierre Thomas in 2- Chadman had targetted Thomas as even a possible late 1st round depending on how the chips fell- he's the Saints #1 RB this sason.
Thomas Jones in 3- with a rookie QB, Jones will be leaned on heavily to carry the load. Another season like last would be great!
Terrell Owens in 4- Every year Owens goes to a new team he blitzes the NFL. This year, he'll be the focus of what should be a decent offence with an accurate QB, and a good #2 WR to take some pressure of TO. Very comfortable with him- should e worth 10 or so TD's.
Donovan McNabb in 5 was the QB Chadman had targetted. Very rarely has a bad fantasy season, and has plenty of weapons & weak opposition this season.
Chad 85 in round 6- with Palmer back & TJ gone, Chad should get plenty of looks.
Philadelphia Def in 7- when you play Romo twice, Eli (with no recievers) twice & the Redskins twice, there should be plenty of opportunity for points for this defence.
John Carlson in the 8th was a steal- he'll be Hasselback's fallback reciever after TJ & should be the Red Zone target quite often.
The rest-
New England Defence- can't believe it lasted this late
David Akers- Kickers...need one.
Matt Hasselback- if he's healthy, his schedule is a massive advantage along with the addition of TJ.
Brent Celek- McNabb's new starting TE after LJ Smith moved on. Should be good for 50+ catches.
Vernon Davis....has been released.
As has Garrett Hartley...
Mushin Muhammad in the last is good value if he has a similar season to last.

New signings Lawrence Moroney & Laurent Robinson will be looked at as fill-ins when Chadman's 'stars' are on BYE week.

You guys are in trouble... :stirpot

RuthlessBurgher
08-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Not bad, Chadman, not bad.

But still, no match for:

Tom Brady / Brett Favre

Maurice Jones-Drew / Kevin Smith / LenDale White / Jamal Lewis / Leon Washington

Greg Jennings / Bernard Berrian / Santana Moss / Laveranues Coles / Torry Holt

Jason Witten

Nick Folk

Carolina D/ST

JAR
08-23-2009, 10:00 AM
You're lucky chad. Yahoo picked for me too and I think it's awful. Mendy as my second RB, followed by Ray Rice and Magahee? I didn't even have any of them ranked. Then they only picked two WRs, but gave me 3 TEs. I've been in a Yahoo league just about every year, most of the time I've missed the draft and have done pretty good, but this year... sucked. I used basically the same ranking as last year.

I scrambled and picked up a few crumbs this morning though.

Jooser
08-23-2009, 10:55 AM
In all, the draft went pretty well yesterday. I think we had 7 folks show up for the live draft, which wasn't bad. In all, the whole draft only took about an hour. I am happy with my team, barring injury, the Joose Pigs will be competitive I think. I'm sorry to you folks who had problems with your browser and couldn't be there. Still, you'll receive no sympathy from me on game day, and I'll still be forced to crush you like the little insignificant insects that you are! GAME ON! :twisted: WOOOOO!!!!!!

proudpittsburgher
08-24-2009, 12:32 PM
In all, the draft went pretty well yesterday. If you forget the fact that the best player, favre's wafflehouse, was unable to participate because of the computer demons you jealous little maggots infected my computer with. I think we had 7 folks show up for the live draft, which wasn't bad. Wasn't bad for you, because withj me there, you knew I would wipe the sidewalk with you little pathetic minions. In all, the whole draft only took about an hour. Would only taken a half an hour with me there. I am happy with my team, barring injury, the Joose Pigs will be competitive I think. Ha Ha Ha. Don't think, Joos, it only hurts the team. I'm sorry to you folks who had problems with your browser and couldn't be there. Lucky for you. Still, you'll receive no sympathy from me on game day, Don't need sympathy when you are this good and I'll still be forced to crush you like the little insignificant insects that you are! In your dreams looser, I mean Jooser. GAME ON! GAME OVER! :twisted: WOOOOO!!!!!!

Ooh, I feel better now. Let's play form fantast ball!

:moon :evil: :stirpot :Hater :evil: :stirpot :owned

Jooser
08-24-2009, 01:29 PM
In all, the draft went pretty well yesterday. If you forget the fact that the best player, favre's wafflehouse, was unable to participate because of the computer demons you jealous little maggots infected my computer with. I think we had 7 folks show up for the live draft, which wasn't bad. Wasn't bad for you, because withj me there, you knew I would wipe the sidewalk with you little pathetic minions. In all, the whole draft only took about an hour. Would only taken a half an hour with me there. I am happy with my team, barring injury, the Joose Pigs will be competitive I think. Ha Ha Ha. Don't think, Joos, it only hurts the team. I'm sorry to you folks who had problems with your browser and couldn't be there. Lucky for you. Still, you'll receive no sympathy from me on game day, Don't need sympathy when you are this good and I'll still be forced to crush you like the little insignificant insects that you are! In your dreams looser, I mean Jooser. GAME ON! GAME OVER! :twisted: WOOOOO!!!!!!

shivers

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b211/NycAnarchy/Animations/blah-blah.gif
"Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah......" :moon

proudpittsburgher
08-24-2009, 03:58 PM

RuthlessBurgher
08-24-2009, 05:17 PM

shivers

I'm going to have nightmares about whatever is wrong with that thumb. It's not Megan Fox's thumb, is it? :lol:

stlrz d
08-24-2009, 06:42 PM

Why are you posting a vid of your girlfriend? :P

proudpittsburgher
08-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Hmm, looks like Joos puts the eyes on her to get him in the mood. But does that make the thumb thing an STD?

Jooser
08-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Hmm, looks like Joos puts the eyes on her to get him in the mood. But does that make the thumb thing an STD?

I put lipstick on her and draw some hair when I want to get into the mood. That bruise is from a bitchslap when she talked back. LMAO! :lol:

stlrz d
08-24-2009, 10:02 PM

I put lipstick on her and draw some hair when I want to get into the mood. That bruise is from a bitchslap when she talked back. LMAO! :lol:

She doesn't have any teeth, so that's a bonus! :D

Iron Shiek
08-24-2009, 10:32 PM
Wow joos, you outkicked your coverage there.

fordfixer
08-25-2009, 12:46 AM

Look's like football isn't the only fantasy you play with Joos :lol:

Jooser
08-25-2009, 07:30 AM

She doesn't have any teeth, so that's a bonus! :D

Well this is WV, so I'm not sure what you were expecting, but I'm just keepin' it real! :lol: :tt2

Jooser
08-25-2009, 07:31 AM

Look's like football isn't the only fantasy you play with Joos :lol:

Hey that's her fantasy there fordfixer, some women like it rough! :tt1 :D :wft

pfelix73
08-25-2009, 10:09 AM
I need some help understanding the W/R/T position. Are we only getting points based on KR/ PR TD's on that?

Or do we get points having an extra RB or WR there that isn't a KR/ PR? I see many poeple including myself having an extra RB there, etc.

Please help me out with this position....

Thanks.

Jooser
08-25-2009, 12:35 PM
pfelix, that is a versatile position. You can use one of three skilled position type of players: running back, wide receiver, or tight end. It's up to you to choose which one on your team will be the most productive. They will be scored according to their production just as if they were starting in a designated slot for their particular position. Hope that helps...great, now there's lipstick on my keyboard. :wink:

Iron Shiek
08-25-2009, 04:21 PM
pfelix is hustling us. next he will ask what team Barry Sanders plays on now...then suggest playing for money...then proceed to destroy us all! :stirpot

proudpittsburgher
08-25-2009, 08:14 PM
pfelix is hustling us. next he will ask what team Barry Sanders plays on now...then suggest playing for money...then proceed to destroy us all! :stirpot

Hmm. Hey Gang. newby to the fantasy sports here. What kind of player do I put in the position that says QB? More questions to follow . . . <<evil plan in action>>

Iron Shiek
08-26-2009, 09:19 AM

Hmm. Hey Gang. newby to the fantasy sports here. What kind of player do I put in the position that says QB? More questions to follow . . . <<evil plan in action>>

PP'er, when our matchup is over you will feel like Mason every time he thinks of that hit in your sig.
I hear Orlovsky is available....hes a qb.

:stirpot

proudpittsburgher
08-26-2009, 12:22 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":3vbhlsav]pfelix is hustling us. next he will ask what team Barry Sanders plays on now...then suggest playing for money...then proceed to destroy us all! :stirpot

PP'er, when our matchup is over you will feel like Mason every time he thinks of that hit in your sig.
I hear Orlovsky is available....hes a qb.

:stirpot[/quote:3vbhlsav]

Oh mama, favre's wafflehouse is gonna make you fear for your life from the long arm of the law. And I wanted to get James Harrison as QB, but yahoo obviously doesn't know the damage that Mr. Harrison can do. :moon

RuthlessBurgher
08-26-2009, 05:13 PM

QB stands for Queerbait, obviously, which is why I drafted Tom Brady. Options for you on the waiver wire include Brady Quinn and Jeff Garcia.

No cat avatars or drooling smileys on this site though.

Jooser
08-27-2009, 01:15 PM
RB, this QB is all you.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj60/manlycartoon/gay_tom_brady.jpg

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh313/lauren70718/untitledgay.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii246/thenotoriouskev/tb.jpg

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh313/lauren70718/gay.jpg

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh313/lauren70718/untitledkok.jpg

pfelix73
08-27-2009, 04:45 PM
OK OK. Thanks for the explanation. This is the 1st time I've been in a league with this position and I didn't want to put in a RB that rushes for 125 yards with 4 TD's and not get any points because he doesn't return kickoffs and/ or punts. Just making sure that position wasn't for a KR/PR ala Joshua Cribbs, etc.

Good luck to all..... you're going to need it........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chadman
08-28-2009, 09:10 AM
Other than yourself- who's team is 'your tip' to do well in this league?

Jooser
08-28-2009, 03:52 PM
*COUGH* the Joose Pigs.

Chadman
08-29-2009, 06:10 AM
Hmm....see? There goes Jooser proving Chadman's theory that you Yanks have a terrible education system..

Chadman posed this question...

Other than yourself- who's team is 'your tip' to do well in this league?

Jooser wrote...

*COUGH* the Joose Pigs.

Yeah...mate- that'd be 'yourself'!! :HeadBanger

Jooser
08-29-2009, 08:15 AM
Chadman, I simply refuse to name any other entity than myself. And BTW, I live in West Virginia, and our educational system ranks 49th out of the 50 states, just above Mississippi. So, **sniff** leave my edumacational lurnin' alone mate!

RuthlessBurgher
08-29-2009, 09:06 AM
Hmm....see? There goes Jooser proving Chadman's theory that you Yanks have a terrible education system..

Chadman posed this question...

[quote]Other than yourself- who's team is 'your tip' to do well in this league?

Jooser wrote...

*COUGH* the Joose Pigs.

Yeah...mate- that'd be 'yourself'!! :HeadBanger[/quote:3kgvv5bx]

Jooser does not play well with others. However, he has plenty of experience...ahem...playing with himself. :shock:

Jooser
08-29-2009, 11:37 AM
tsk, tsk Ruthie

Chadman, I think RB just voted for the Joose Pigs.

DrCalculus
08-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Here's my quick rundown of each team's strengths and weaknesses:

Steeler Fan in T.O.:

Strengths: Good trio of starting RBs in Slaton, Gore, and Brown; solid Defenses in Ravens & Bucs

Weaknesses: No depth at RB after end of Lynch's suspension puts Jackson back on bench, no stud receiver to be found (Bowe has struggled to keep his starting spot in Chief's camp, all the rest have QB issues)

Could go either way: potential issues at QB (Schaub's health, Orton in new system)

Favre's Wafflehouse:

Strengths: Awesome 1-2 punch at RB with All-Day and Portis, plus J. Stewart and AP's backup in Chester Taylor; effective QB duo in Cutler & Eli Manning

Weaknesses: not many, unless Cutler's production drops off in Chicago's offense; then QB is a problem

Could go either way: Other than Steve Smith, WR is a mess (Brandon Marshall? Percy Harvin?)

Wombats of Doom:

Strengths: Starting lineup has many proven veterans

Weaknesses: Other than Pierre Thomas, starting lineup has too many "proven" veterans -- no fresh legs; no depth at all -- when you're relying on the #2 WR from the Bears & Rams, that might make for a long season. Has to hope neither of his starters has a meltdown.

Could go either way: This is headcase central --- TO, Ochocinco, and Thomas Jones all lining up on same field?

Fastback:

Strengths: Marion Barber. Three headed WR monster in Fitz, Boldin, & Housh; high scoring kicker

Weaknesses: After Barber, depth at RB is very spotty.

Could go either way: What does Palmer have this season at QB? Too many players from the same teams (and same division) is always risky --- if Seahawks and Cards have injuries at QB, Fastback is on the fast track to nowhere.

Hines' Clone:

Strengths: Peyton Manning, Matt Forte, Antonio Gates have potential to be best at their respective positions. Great defense in NYG.

Weaknesses: A little thin at WR --- only 4 on the roster, and Roddy White is the best of the 4.

Could go either way: Reggie Bush - no explanation needed.

Swashbucklers:

Strengths: Awesome passing attack with Brees, Moss, Colston, & Dallas Clark

Weaknesses: For now at least, RB is horrible -- Hightower, Ward, & LeRon McClain should be bench fodder, not starting. Will improve when Lynch returns from suspension.

Could go either way: San Diego defense --- no longer getting return yardage for Sproles hurts the Bolts value, but with Merriman back??

(next six to follow)

DrCalculus
08-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Toe Jam Football:

Strengths: He has the support of everyone on here, as he is loaded with Steeler players; Greg Olsen could have a monster year at TE. Vikings defense will be strong.

Weaknesses: Too many players from same team, even if it is Pittsburgh -- we all know their offense is not really great at producing fantasy stats game in and game out. Potential disaster at WR.

Could go either way: Big Ben -- does he do enough to win, or does he pile up big passing stats with Holmes improving this year?

Joose Pigs:

Strengths: Rivers, Turner, and Wayne will score a lot of fantasy points.

Weaknesses: Too many guys who've seen better days, fantasy speaking (LJ, Ward, Shockey, Driver)

Could go either way: Knowshon Moreno -- Denver RBs were an enigma under Shanahan. Any different under McDaniels?

PsychoWard:

Strengths: RB tandem Deangelo Williams, Ryan Grant, Colts starter; Aaron Rodgers; Steelers D; potentially league's best WR in Andre Johnson

Weaknesses: #2 receiver Braylon Edwards, with little else on the bench to fill in adequately if he struggles (Ginn, Lance Moore, Domenick Hixon)

Could go either way: Which Kellen Winslow will show up?

Dashboard Ruthless:

Strengths: Brady, good depth at RB with Jones-Drew, White, Lewis, Smith

Weaknesses: not many, though a little long in the tooth at WR other than Greg Jennings.

Could go either way: defense and kicker could be strengths or weaknesses in any given week.

C2K1's Dominators:

Strengths: Jackson/Johnson RB duo has potential to be explosive; Kurt Warner & Wes Welker.

Weaknesses: not many -- RB depth might be a concern if Jackson is injured again.

Could go either way: Gonzalez in a new home? Jets defense with a new coach/scheme? Will Roy Williams step up to replace TO?

Terror Squad:

Strengths: Great WR in Calvin Johnson, Eddie Royal, & Vincent Jackson (who is due for a big year with Rivers). Outstanding RB depth with FWP & Cedric Benson currently riding pine.

Weaknesses: I see Romo completely imploding this year and Garrard as backup is no relief. Packers will struggle on defense in adjusting to Capers 3-4.

Could go either way: How much does Tomlinson have left, and is McFadden ready? If each plays up to their talent and avoid injuries, watch out. Also, will the league outlaw the Camel Clutch?

My picks for team to beat:

1) If Brady plays during the regular season the way he has played in pre-season, this is RuthlessBurger's championship to lose.
2) If Cutler can produce in Chicago anywhere close to what he did in Denver, Favre's Wafflehouse is loaded.

Iron Shiek
08-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Nice breakdowns...way to go indepth. But I'm gonna put you in a camel clutch for not putting me in your top two. No one is outlawing it! Or they're next!

And I agree with your assessment of my team but I have a good feeling about Romo with TO gone. If not, I will be hitting the trading blocks, I'm sure someone will need a RB off my team.

Chadman
08-31-2009, 01:23 AM
Looking into the Great Southern Crystal Ball of Destiny....

http://www.popandpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/crystal-ball.jpg

Working from last to first, the Great Guru Chadman predicts....

12. Toe Jam Football will struggle under the heady weight of carrying a poor RUNNING BACK & WIDE RECIEVER corp, despite having solid QB, TE & DEF play. Of course- a breakout season from Mendenhall, Rice, Chris Henry or Santonio Holmes might change this...

11. Steelers Fan In T.O. will pip Toe Jam in the contest to finish 2nd last, under the burden of a poor PASSING GAME and little DEPTH at RB. The DEF however is an excellent pairing in the Ravens & the Buccs. If SHAUB can light it up this year, and if GORE & SLATON produce bumper seasons, this standing may change...

10. Pyscoward comes in 10th after watching an unispiring group of RB'S & WR'S consistantly bring heartache every week. A great season from AARON RODGERS & the two Johnson's- ANDRE & DEANGELO can heavily impact the standing. The STEELERS DEF is a good play every week.

9. Fastback will come in 9th due to poor depth at QB & RB, despite having the #1 WR group in the competition. If CARSON PALMER can produce, and if BEANIE WELLS can prove to be an adequate #2 RB, this standing might change.

8. Dashboard Ruthless comes in 8th after spending too much 'MAN LOVE' on back-up RB'S & mediocre WR'S (Jennings excluded). If TOM BRADY has an all star season, this standing could be mistaken.

7. Hines Clone comes in 7th after spending too much time trying to look like Hines Ward. This is a hard team to predict however, as the RB'S & QB'S on the roster could propell Hines Clone into another level, but just don't expect much from a very ordinary group of WR'S.

6. Terror Squad comes 6th because of a lack of quality play at QB & the GREEN BAY DEF most likely will struggle. This team does have the most QUALITY at RB & WR as a group however, and if ROMO is even close to ABOVE AVERAGE, this team could be a surprise.

5. C2K1'S come in 5th on the back of SOLID QB, RB & WR play- but SOLID is likely all they'll achieve, hence falling short. KURT WARNER is the KEY- if he plays WELL, this team competes for higher honours.

4. Joosers spend too much time DRINKING and come in 4th. RIVERS has an excellent run of opposition this season & should dominate, and the WR's are very good. MICHAEL TURNER is the key- many expect him to REPEAT his effort last season. Chadman doesn't- much harder schedule for ATLANTA'S GROUND GAME this season, and RYAN should be trusted to THROW MORE. If TURNER has another outstanding season, Joosers are in with a strong show.

3. Wombats of Doom come in 3rd after being VERY UNLUCKY. They are OBVIOUSLY a FAR SUPERIOR team to all others, but you all know that the YANKS will SCREW OVER the AUSSIE'S with some BOGUS calls. That being said, McNABB, WESTBROOK, PIERRE THOMAS, THOMAS JONES, T.O. & OCHOCINCO should pile on some points. TE's & DEF might get shown up as the season pregresses. And a lack of depth at WR. Despite this, Chadman will claim a MORAL VICTORY & you can all SUFFER IN YOUR JOCKS.

2. SWASHBUCKLERS will come in a close 2nd on the back of great QB play, great WR's & great DEF play this season. IF ONLY THEY HAD SOME RB'S! You never know, though- maybe BREES can pass the SWASHBUCKLER's to victory? MOSS & COLSTON are likely to be in the TOP 3 WR's by season's end.

1. This brings us to #1- FAVRE'S WAFFLEHOUSE. With the #1 RB group in the league, a group of WR's in the TOP 3 & A TITANS DEF they were always competitive. But a good rotation of QB'S in CUTLER & ELI MANNING give FAVRE'S WAFFLEHOUSE the edge this season. ADRIAN PETERSON & CLINTON PORTIS might win it all by themselves.

There you go. Don't like the results? Don't blame Chadman- blame the crystal ball!

Iron Shiek
08-31-2009, 09:04 AM
Everyone is hating on Romo, but fail to realize that just because he is an idiot and can't win games, doesn't mean that translates to fantasy football. he is a top 7 or so fantasy qb, that is plenty good to keep my team moving.

And I would just take Defense/Kicker out of the equation when considering teams because those positions are so negligible when looking at points scored in hindsight.

So the two of you that degrade my team for Romo and Packers.... :moon

RuthlessBurgher
08-31-2009, 09:58 AM
10. Pyscoward comes in 10th after watching an unispiring group of RB'S & WR'S consistantly bring heartache every week. A great season from AARON RODGERS & the two Johnson's- ANDRE & DEANGELO can heavily impact the standing. The STEELERS DEF is a good play every week.

I disagree here. DeAngelo Johnson sucks. DeAngelo Williams might be good, though.

And as for my team, the only backup RB's I have are LenDale White (who had 789 yards from scrimmage and 15 total TD's last year) and Leon Washington (who had 903 yards from scrimmage and 9 total TD's last year). MJD, Kevin Smith, and Jamal Lewis should all carry the full load for their teams at RB with little competition from anyone behind them (which is exceedingly rare in the era of RB by committee). My WR's after Jennings may be mediocre, but 3 of the 4 other guys are in better offensive situations this year compared to last year (Berrian gets Favre, Coles gets Palmer, and Holt gets Garrard). While Moss does not get the same upgrade at the QB position (still with Campbell), he is still solid (nearly 80 catches for over 1000 yards and 6 TD's last year). If I start 3 RB's each week, I only have to pick one WR to start alongside Jennings each week, and I can just figure out who has the tastiest matchup that week among Berrian, Moss, Coles, and Holt. Plenty of solid options to choose from.

Go back and read Dr. Calculus' analysis of my team. You don't need a Ph.D in math to realize that my team will do a better job of accumulating stats that you other fools.

:moon :mrgreen:

Chadman
08-31-2009, 10:20 AM

I disagree here. DeAngelo Johnson sucks. DeAngelo Williams might be good, though.

And as for my team, the only backup RB's I have are LenDale White (who had 789 yards from scrimmage and 15 total TD's last year) and Leon Washington (who had 903 yards from scrimmage and 9 total TD's last year). MJD, Kevin Smith, and Jamal Lewis should all carry the full load for their teams at RB with little competition from anyone behind them (which is exceedingly rare in the era of RB by committee). My WR's after Jennings may be mediocre, but 3 of the 4 other guys are in better offensive situations this year compared to last year (Berrian gets Favre, Coles gets Palmer, and Holt gets Garrard). While Moss does not get the same upgrade at the QB position (still with Campbell), he is still solid (nearly 80 catches for over 1000 yards and 6 TD's last year). If I start 3 RB's each week, I only have to pick one WR to start alongside Jennings each week, and I can just figure out who has the tastiest matchup that week among Berrian, Moss, Coles, and Holt. Plenty of solid options to choose from.

Go back and read Dr. Calculus' analysis of my team. You don't need a Ph.D in math to realize that my team will do a better job of accumulating stats that you other fools.

:moon :mrgreen:

Don't be hating on Chadman- blame the Crystal Ball if you don't like the results!

RuthlessBurgher
08-31-2009, 10:32 AM
And I love the fact that I drafted Brett Favre to be my backup QB to Brady. Why? Because when Brady has a bye (the only time that you would ever not play him in fantasy), Favre is making his return to Lambeau to face off against his old Packer mates and shove it in Ted Thompson's face (that was the only reason for this comeback, right?)

JAR
08-31-2009, 10:51 AM
Dang, I guess no one looked at my storied history in FF. I've never had a Brady, Manning, Fitz or Peterson, but have placed 1st, 1st and second in 3 years on Yahoo! Bash away! You'll see, bastages! :)

AngryAsian
08-31-2009, 11:45 AM
Dang, I guess no one looked at my storied history in FF. I've never had a Brady, Manning, Fitz or Peterson, but have placed 1st, 1st and second in 3 years on Yahoo! Bash away! You'll see, bastages! :)

In Asia I'm the premiere FF guru.... top that. :P

Jigawatts
08-31-2009, 12:33 PM

[youtube:kz0uz37q]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zQ00laVt62c&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zQ00laVt62c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:kz0uz37q]

JAR
08-31-2009, 02:26 PM

Asparagus May Ease Hangover :Beer

FRIDAY, Aug. 28 (HealthDay News) — To treat a hangover, drink lots of water, get plenty of rest — and eat your asparagus, researchers say.

A new study shows that the amino acids and minerals in asparagus extract may ease hangovers and protect liver cells against the toxins in alcohol.

Researchers at the Institute of Medical Science and Jeju National University in South Korea analyzed the effect of extracts of asparagus shoots and leaves on human and rat liver cells in the lab.

“Cellular toxicities were significantly alleviated in response to treatment with the extracts of asparagus leaves and shoots,” said lead researcher B.Y. Kim, in a news release from the Institute of Food Technologists. “These results provide evidence of how the biological functions of asparagus can help alleviate alcohol hangover and protect liver cells.”

The beneficial amino acids and minerals were found in higher concentrations in the leaves than the shoots, the researchers said.

Asparagus, a vegetable eaten in many countries around the world, has long been used for its anti-cancer, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and diuretic effects, according to the study in the current issue of the Journal of Food Science.

Asparagus is also a good source of folic acid, potassium, fiber, vitamin B6, vitamins A and C and thiamin, according to the Michigan Asparagus Advisory Board.

Over time, chronic alcohol use causes oxidative stress that leads to liver damage. Over-imbibing can cause headache, nausea, diarrhea and thirst.

RuthlessBurgher
09-01-2009, 03:46 PM
I have another draft coming up this weekend with a bunch of guys from work. As the only Pittsburgh fan in the bunch, I named by team the "Tehrbuhl Tahls" last year in honor of Myron's passing. This year, I wanted a new name that showed some pride in the Pittsburgh Championship Teams (since they don't know me as RuthlessBurgher, using "Dashboard Ruthless" as my team name there would be pretty non-sensical). I think I've come up with a good one:

"Stanley Lombardi's Trophy Case"

And I have this picture as my avatar:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2665/3697952605_1a554bfe24.jpg?v=1246989594

AngryAsian
09-03-2009, 07:50 PM
I likewise have another draft with people from work and we are also going through YAHOO. Someone from work who has done FF through YAHOO before has informed me that it will cost each player $10.00 for their "STAT TRACKER" service. Last year when Constanza organized the league it was through CBS Sportsline, from what I remember and it gave this feature for free. It is my understanding that you get the first 2 weeks free and then if you choose to follow the "STAT TRACKER" you then have to pay the $10.00. Not a big deal, but thought people might not be aware of this. Some of you might actually do your own individual tracking, but last year, I thought that was a great feature with CBS. Just some FYI.

fordfixer
09-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Updated StatTracker® App with Live Scoring

* Follow the action with our new and improved live stats application
* Discuss the latest plays and talk trash in real-time
* You Talked. We Listened. We've improved StatTracker® & made it free

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... lid=189023 (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/features?lid=189023)

RuthlessBurgher
09-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Updated StatTracker® App with Live Scoring

* Follow the action with our new and improved live stats application
* Discuss the latest plays and talk trash in real-time
* You Talked. We Listened. We've improved StatTracker® & made it free

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... lid=189023 (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/features?lid=189023)

There's your answer right there! :Clap

AngryAsian
09-04-2009, 12:04 AM
Fordfixer... you should change your call sign to FACTFINDER!!!

You are DA MAN!!! Thanx, brother.

Jooser
09-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Yep, that's what it said. NEW this year, stat tracker Live is free.

The #1 Fantasy Football Game Just Got Better!

* Free real-time scoring updates with StatTracker®
* Create a custom league or join a public one
* Control league size, scoring system and more
* Upgrade your team with Draft Kit and Scouting Report

fordfixer
09-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Fordfixer... you should change your call sign to FACTFINDER!!!

You are DA MAN!!! Thanx, brother.
What can I say except that I have no life :oops: :shock: :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
09-07-2009, 12:30 AM
Okay, I had my other draft with guys from work today (not just for bragging rights like this one...in this league we all put $75 in a pool to be doled out at the end of the season). I picked first (for the first time ever since I have been playing fantasy football). Here's the team I came away with...let me know how you think I did (it's a 12 team league that has basically the same rules that we do for the most part).

QB
Aaron Rodgers GB
David Garrard JAX

RB
Adrian Peterson MIN
Marion Barber III DAL
Jonathan Stewart CAR
Jamal Lewis CLE
Chester Taylor MIN
Edgerrin James SEA

WR
Vincent Jackson SD
Chad Ochocinco CIN
Donald Driver GB
Michael Jenkins ATL
Earl Bennett CHI

TE
Jason Witten DAL

K
John Casey CAR

D/ST
Chicago Bears

Iron Shiek
09-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Good squad...I like Vincent Jackson to have a solid year. You just need Ocho Cinco to step his game back up, which I expect, and Driver to have his usual 1000 yd 6-7 TD year in that three hole for you and you are in good shape. I love Aaron Rodgers too.

Get James Davis if you can and stash him.