PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Game (Hotel)?

calmkiller
06-30-2009, 02:07 PM
I got 4 tickets to the Vikings game on October 25th. It is a fathers day present to my Dad. I will also be getting him tickets for the WVU/Uconn game on the 24th for his birthday. So my parents want to drive to Pittsburgh from Morgantown after the WVU game so they can sleep in and get up and walk to the game. My question is does anyone have a good Motel/Hotel in mind? I know it will probably be pricey if there are even any available downtown. I know about the Hilton and Marriott I think. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

RKSteel
06-30-2009, 02:27 PM
I stayed at the Courtyard Downtown while in Pittsburgh on business recently. Very nice hotel, about a 20 min walk to the stadium. I believe its on Penn Ave.

Don't stay at the Hilton, I stayed there a few yrs ago and I wasn't impressed. Our office is in the building next door and they said it has gotten worse.

I would recommend Bettis's 36 Grille for dinner. Really good food and the largest rack of ribs I have ever been served at a restaurant. Its near Heinz field, I heard players usually go there, so you might need reservation for Saturday or Sunday night.

MeetJoeGreene
06-30-2009, 02:28 PM
I got 4 tickets to the Vikings game on October 25th. It is a fathers day present to my Dad. I will also be getting him tickets for the WVU/Uconn game on the 24th for his birthday. So my parents want to drive to Pittsburgh from Morgantown after the WVU game so they can sleep in and get up and walk to the game. My question is does anyone have a good Motel/Hotel in mind? I know it will probably be pricey if there are even any available downtown. I know about the Hilton and Marriott I think. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

I think that there is a Hampton Inn near the convention center. That is borderline walking distance (depending on their age/physical condition).

Anything will be pricey at that time, you may want to look at hotels near stops along the T (subway). They could ride that to gateway center and walk (about the same distance as from the Hilton).

Jigawatts
06-30-2009, 02:34 PM
I never used priceline, but I found this nice forum that will give you an idea of what hotel
you're going to get for what price. It also works with hotwire.

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?

Looks like you can get the Marriott for around $55, but I think that's the one across
from Mellon Arena, which would be quite a walk to Heinz.

But if you can get a hotel downtown for $55, pay to park there, and take the bus to
the game, I think it's a good deal.

True Fan
06-30-2009, 02:55 PM
the sheraton at station square is probably my favorite hotel to stay at. the gateway clipper is a great way to get to a game and it picks up/drops off right at the hotel. you can also jump on the subway a couple blocks away and for a few bucks will drop you off a short distance from the park.

if you want to save a ton of money use priceline. as long as you only pick 'downtown', you will be relatively close to the stadium and get at least a 3.5 star hotel. the money saved is quite amazing. you'd still be way ahead even if you paid for a cab ride to the game. i've gone this route for the last 7 years, stayed at every downtown location and have never been disappointed.

fezziwig
06-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Sorry, I can't help you . Never needed a motel or hotel, my dates knew their time was up once the dome light turned on.

GreggyDigital
06-30-2009, 03:46 PM
The sheraton at station square.

Take the Clipper over so you can drink your face off before and after the game.

:)

costanza2k1
06-30-2009, 05:45 PM
I always stay at the Hilton (that's where the Steelers stay before game day). It's walking distance to the stadium. Check out the site Jiga pointed out. I've been able to get a room there for $92/night.

frankthetank1
07-02-2009, 11:14 AM
i love the sheraton at station square. its a very nice hotel and the location is awesome. i would try and book a hotel as soon as possible though. last year i went to the ravens monday night game and waited too long to book a hotel. i got stuck staying at some dumpy hotel in oakland :x