PDA

View Full Version : OT - Board issues for DJfan

stlrz d
06-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Says if he logs in and then tries to navigate around the site he gets kicked out.

RuthlessBurgher
06-29-2009, 07:48 PM
That has been happening to me more often lately from my home PC for whatever reason.

It never happens when accessing the site from my cell phone or on my PC at work, though.

I always click the "Keep me logged on" option when signing in (or whatever it says), but I seem to get booted often at home for no apparent reason. Because of this, I make sure to copy and paste every post I write before I send it, because it ticks me off when I am logged in when I start writing a post, but kicked off before submitting it (because then all that text is lost if I hadn't copied it, which is really annoying).

Of the mods, I think I am the least technologically savvy, so I don't know what to do about it myself. Sorry about that. I wish I knew. Any of the rest of you folks know any reason why this would be happening when I log on from certain computers but not on others?

Jooser
06-29-2009, 07:58 PM
The site just doesn't like you two.

RuthlessBurgher
06-29-2009, 09:09 PM
The site just doesn't like you two.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/funny-pictures-seagull-invites-lolcats-to-kiss-his-bottom.jpg

:moon :P

costanza2k1
06-29-2009, 09:52 PM
That's very odd, I'm unable to replicate the error. I'll keep digging around to check out some of the known php based bugs out there to see if I can find something.

stlrz d
06-30-2009, 06:47 AM
That's very odd, I'm unable to replicate the error. I'll keep digging around to check out some of the known php based bugs out there to see if I can find something.

DJfan said to thank you and also asked me to post his email address. hugh@anewsong.com

SanAntonioSteelerFan
06-30-2009, 08:52 AM
Hi - Just thinking, because of spammers, maybe not a great idea to post ^ ?

I work for a spamming company (we prefer to call it enhanced information delivery), and we have already sent him 1.5K quality messages.

Sorry :(

RuthlessBurgher
06-30-2009, 09:44 AM

I work for a spamming company (we prefer to call it enhanced information delivery), and we have already sent him 1.5K quality messages.

Spammers can send me messages to the following address: kiss@my.ass

:P :lol:

Oviedo
06-30-2009, 10:54 AM
I have the same problem from home.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
06-30-2009, 12:29 PM

I'm not very good at message boarding, so I'm not sure this came across as the joke it was ... I'm just kidding, I'm NOT a spam employee!!

RuthlessBurgher
06-30-2009, 12:39 PM

I'm not very good at message boarding, so I'm not sure this came across as the joke it was ... I'm just kidding, I'm NOT a spam employee!!

Coulda fooled me. Since spammers specialize in sending out useless messages, you fit the profile since, by my count, you have posted 1625 useless messages on this board!

:lol:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
06-30-2009, 02:12 PM

Coulda fooled me. Since spammers specialize in sending out useless messages, you fit the profile since, by my count, you have posted 1625 useless messages on this board!

I am crushed, being accused of posting sh*t, especially this coming from one whose scatological tendencies are so apparently "uncontrollable": viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7032 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7032) viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7025 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7025) , and especially this! viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6989 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6989) :shock:

When will it end? Though all might be forgiven if you're the one who coined the term "The Stains" for the Clidiots, right up your alley, that :wink: , but a pretty good one! :lol:

:moon :wink:

Jooser
06-30-2009, 02:56 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :owned :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
06-30-2009, 03:37 PM

I am crushed, being accused of posting sh*t, especially this coming from one whose scatological tendencies are so apparently "uncontrollable": viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7032 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7032) viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7025 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7025) , and especially this! viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6989 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6989) :shock:

When will it end? Though all might be forgiven if you're the one who coined the term "The Stains" for the Clidiots, right up your alley, that :wink: , but a pretty good one! :lol:

:moon :wink:

I don't claim responsibility for that last one...that was all Asian!!! (probably preparing to make good on one of his promises to eat poop egg rolls or something) :shock: :lol:

costanza2k1
06-30-2009, 05:48 PM
I couldn't find out anything. I sent a PM to the admin (J), to see if he can investigate with the ISP.

steelz09
06-30-2009, 11:03 PM
I can't replicate any issues regarding this site.

Is anyone else experience any problems regarding the accessibility of this site?

RuthlessBurgher
07-01-2009, 12:44 AM
I can't replicate any issues regarding this site.

Is anyone else experience any problems regarding the accessibility of this site?

Actually, I haven't been having a problem getting kicked off at home anymore since we started this discussion. Go figure. It was a somewhat consistent problem for several weeks (but more of an annoyance than anything, having to type in your password again every time you get booted, etc.) but no actual problem accessing the site itself since we solved that a great deal of us was having a few months ago.

steelz09
07-01-2009, 08:18 AM
It really sounds like a possible "cookie" problem or even a session variable issue. Costz may be able to elaborate if thats even a possibility. In the meantime, I will research further.

Jigawatts
07-01-2009, 10:44 AM
This is probably something totally different, but maybe something you could try.

When I first joined this site, I had problems signing in at home, and when I could get on,
nothing would happen (and I'm not talking about quality posts). It was just this site.

All I did was reset the router and have been cool ever since. 8)

Djfan
07-02-2009, 01:34 AM
Thanks all!

I am logged in on wifey's computer. I just finished rebuilding it. Can't figure out what is up.

Anyway, glad to be back!