PDA

View Full Version : I SURRENDER!

Wydo-boy
06-27-2009, 10:21 AM
OK guys, I surrender!
The reason I created these accounts (Lambert and Ohiosteelfan) is I wanted to make my point! 'Cause I'm a lot smarter than avarege joe in this site but you still BLOCKED me :HeadBanger
Why don't you listen to me? I predicted Pens in game 7, I nailed the NFL play-offs, I'm right about our OL and Fraud-Parker! And still... :wft
I think you idiots just envy me 'cause I have football knowledge and my own radio show!

See you around

RuthlessBurgher
06-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Goodbye again.

Acero
06-27-2009, 10:38 AM
And again and again.

What a f*ckin loser.

Flasteel
06-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Hmm...I'm feeling a sort of Queerbait vibe here. Big ups to one of our guys creating an alter-ego to have some fun with everyone else. :lol:

Jooser
06-27-2009, 10:58 AM
and a 3, 2, 1......buh-bye!

:nono

steelcityrules!!
06-27-2009, 11:15 AM
I could care less if he's here or gone... sometimes the instigators get the best discussions going, sometimes they're just annoying.

but when the front page has threads last posted in 5 days ago, why turn away business?
:2c

I know it's the offseason too, gonna be slow.

MeetJoeGreene
06-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Hmm...I'm feeling a sort of Queerbait vibe here. Big ups to one of our guys creating an alter-ego to have some fun with everyone else. :lol:
:Agree

Flasteel
06-27-2009, 11:50 AM
I could care less if he's here or gone... sometimes the instigators get the best discussions going, sometimes they're just annoying.

but when the front page has threads last posted in 5 days ago, why turn away business?

I obviously don't think Wydo-boy is actually Dutchy, but I agree with you SCR. I think it's safe to say that I disliked the guy more than anyone and got into some seriously negative verbal volleys with him, both here and on the Trib board. But miss it. I think we need at least one or two guys on here who everyone loves to hate, just to spice things up and provide some entertainment. I hope the mods realize this and allow him to stay as well as allow for some latitude in how we choose to attack. :lol:

AngryAsian
06-27-2009, 12:06 PM
In the offseason, the instigators are hilarious for the drama and psycho-babble they create. But during the season, their interjections often impede a great discussion from developing because they have only one agenda.... their own. Hey if they can come here and instigate without crossing the boundaries of the very specific CODE OF CONDUCT, then hell... welcome. But often they degrade the threads with juvenile barbs and name calling... things that foster neither civil debates nor productive discussions. Peace.

Flasteel
06-27-2009, 12:24 PM
In the offseason, the instigators are hilarious for the drama and psycho-babble they create. But during the season, their interjections often impede a great discussion from developing because they have only one agenda.... their own. Hey if they can come here and instigate without crossing the boundaries of the very specific CODE OF CONDUCT, then hell... welcome. But often they degrade the threads with juvenile barbs and name calling... things that foster neither civil debates nor productive discussions. Peace.

I totally agree with you brother, but we all have the option of stepping away from the keyboard and moving on to a new thread as well. I really appreciate the climate that you guys have worked hard to establish here and it's led to this site being one of the top places, if not THE top place to discuss all things Black-n-Gold. However, it is missing some of that raw banter that sometimes leads to a little mud-slinging in the gutter...which can be good in very small doses. Maybe we can find a happy medium where things don't get too out of hand and banishment is reserved for the trolls who bing nothing to the table.

I love to argue with a lot of guys here (like I'm doing right now with Burghsteel) but these guys are quality posters and level-headed people for the most part and I can't unleash on them with any zeal. Maybe I'm in the minority on this but sometimes I just need a target. :D

ANPSTEEL
06-27-2009, 02:42 PM
not so sure wydo-boy is the real MSM-

but I also think the influence of differing opinions - particularly ones that are often so outrageous - adds to the board.

also, some of the arguments / threads are absolutely hysterical.

not suggesting this board become StillerNation.... but you know what they say about variety.

anger 82&95
06-27-2009, 03:08 PM
In the offseason, the instigators are hilarious for the drama and psycho-babble they create. But during the season, their interjections often impede a great discussion from developing because they have only one agenda.... their own. Hey if they can come here and instigate without crossing the boundaries of the very specific CODE OF CONDUCT, then hell... welcome. But often they degrade the threads with juvenile barbs and name calling... things that foster neither civil debates nor productive discussions. Peace.$$$ post

AngryAsian
06-27-2009, 04:01 PM
JUST SOME FYI FOR THE BOARD:

The mods warn/suspend/band by consensus.... and almost always wait until someone (one of your peers) reports a thread that violates the CODE OF CONDUCT. We then talk amongst each other and send a PM to the one that has caused the infraction (99% of the time with a polite warning). Most, with exception of a few, after receiving the polite warning have told us to "F'ck off" and some have even went as far as threatening to continue to wreak havoc on the board. This is when the banning has taken place.

I agree with Flasteel and others regarding the "variety" of posters we should have on the board for their entertainment value... but not at the expense of the board. If they can abide by the simple rules. Great. But most want to be cancerous and we need to insure we sever that piece before it infests the other healthy components of our little cyber-community.

Peace my brothers

Oviedo
06-27-2009, 04:59 PM
Anyone missing him yet?????

Djfan
06-27-2009, 07:22 PM

The mods warn/suspend/band by consensus.... and almost always wait until someone (one of your peers) reports a thread that violates the CODE OF CONDUCT. We then talk amongst each other and send a PM to the one that has caused the infraction (99% of the time with a polite warning). Most, with exception of a few, after receiving the polite warning have told us to "F'ck off" and some have even went as far as threatening to continue to wreak havoc on the board. This is when the banning has taken place.

I agree with Flasteel and others regarding the "variety" of posters we should have on the board for their entertainment value... but not at the expense of the board. If they can abide by the simple rules. Great. But most want to be cancerous and we need to insure we sever that piece before it infests the other healthy components of our little cyber-community.

Peace my brothers

Thanks A! And the other mods. Fact is, boards with sleeping mods SUCK!!!

eniparadoxgma
06-27-2009, 07:44 PM
I think it's safe to say that I disliked the guy more than anyone and got into some seriously negative verbal volleys with him, both here and on the Trib board.

I beg to differ.

Maybe I'm in the minority on this but sometimes I just need a target. :D

That I can agree with.

Weiner-head.

:Beer

Wolfhound45
06-27-2009, 09:23 PM
D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Flasteel
06-27-2009, 09:52 PM
I think it's safe to say that I disliked the guy more than anyone and got into some seriously negative verbal volleys with him, both here and on the Trib board.

I beg to differ.

Maybe I'm in the minority on this but sometimes I just need a target. :D

That I can agree with.

Weiner-head.

:Beer

Alright, maybe a poor choice of words...how about as much as anyone? I forgot how much you hated Christians and all. :moon

Flasteel
06-27-2009, 10:00 PM
D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

...and that's what made him a great American!

http://lehmann.typepad.com/in_lehmanns_terms/images/bluto_1.jpeg

SteelTorch
06-27-2009, 10:24 PM

Quantity does not equal quality, ya know. :)

Jooser
06-28-2009, 06:59 AM

Peace my brothers

Thanks A, I think that you guys are the epitome of fair. I got banned from the Cardinals board just for a little post Super Bowl razzing without ever calling anyone any names or anything like that. I think we all sling a little mud from time to time and there's not a thing wrong with it. It's when the mud becomes sh*t that it becomes a problem. Keep up the good work guys, the board is superior to all others!

flippy
06-28-2009, 08:27 AM

Peace my brothers

How about modifying the code of conduct to include not responding to instigators?

Wouldn't it just be easier to ignore someone rather than reporting a violation to a mod and setting off the whole process? Who would bother to report someone and why? That seems just as silly as the offender of the CoC.

Clearly some people enjoy the troll and they respond. I say let those people get their enjoyment. And for those that are 'offended', they don't have to respond, or read, or think about some silly little message board personality.

I really don't understand the harm in a troll. Seriously, who cares about this enough to report it?

eniparadoxgma
06-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Alright, maybe a poor choice of words...how about as much as anyone? I forgot how much you hated Christians and all. :moon

The devil makes me do it. 8)

Flippy, your post has been reported to the mods. :)

aggiebones
06-29-2009, 03:07 PM
He could have done to this board what Pengslose did for the Trib Pens board. He was annoying, often wrong, but occasionally correct, yet he would think he was a genius when he was. When in reality he just was lucky occasionally after throwing enough darts, he'd hit something.
I'd love to chat with him now cause 99% of his BS was wrong and proven in afew short years.
He was a grande boob.

phillyesq
06-29-2009, 03:31 PM

Very well stated. I used to post frequently at SteelersStong, but after awhile, the constant arguments with MSM just got annoying, and I left.

I'm all for the free flow of ideas and posters with differing viewpoints. The more posters the better. And while the instigators generate large threads, they drive people away. I really enjoy the civil environment of this board, and I appreciate the mods keeping things reasonable.

papillon
06-30-2009, 08:51 AM
I say the mods continue to perform their duties as they have up to this point. It's enjoyable coming over here and not having to sift through p1ss1ing match between 2 or 3 posters calling each other names.

Ban those that should be banned and keep those that keep the board alive and civil.

If you want to go mix it up, put your cup on, log on to stillernation.com and go mix it up. There are a lot of knowledgeable Steeler fans there and enough trolling to keep those happy that like to get into it with the trolls.

Not here please.

Pappy

Oviedo
07-01-2009, 10:16 AM
The fact that most of the problem posters have to use multiple screen names pretty much says it all. They so totally discredit themselves with the garbage they post that they try to "hide" behind diffeent names because they know the legit posters on this board have either "ignore" many of their names or just don't read what they post.

Good riddance and still not missing them.

SteelTorch
07-01-2009, 11:46 PM
OK guys, I surrender!
The reason I created these accounts (Lambert and Ohiosteelfan) is I wanted to make my point! 'Cause I'm a lot smarter than avarege joe in this site but you still BLOCKED me :HeadBanger
Why don't you listen to me? I predicted Pens in game 7, I nailed the NFL play-offs, I'm right about our OL and Fraud-Parker! And still... :wft
I think you idiots just envy me 'cause I have football knowledge and my own radio show!

See you around

I know it's late, but I just wanted to say this:

It's possible we don't like you simply because you're just an annoying little d-bag. You know, it IS possible to be smart and right (not saying you are), and yet still not be an arrogant sh**head and hated by everyone. I have my own radio show and also predicted an Arizona vs Pitt SB. Do you see me going around strutting it?

Maybe if your head wasn't so far up your own ass and you weren't so obsessed with shoving your opinions down everyone's throats, you wouldn't get such negative responses. I mean, for crying out loud, you refer to yourself in third person on your own website and in your own articles!!! Also, for somebody who claims to be so smart, you're very insecure about it, otherwise you wouldn't go out of your way to force your opinions on everyone else, especially when you happen to be right. So please, do us all a favor and just stay gone. Don't come back. Not now, not ever. Take your garbage and attitude somewhere where it's welcomed, but not here.

Wow, that felt good typing. :P

Flasteel
07-02-2009, 12:40 AM
It looks like ol' Dutch is threatening The Steelers Forum with legal action for posting his picture on their site. I'm sure some of you don't hang out over there so I thought I'd post a link to one of the most hilarious emails you'll ever read.

http://www.thesteelersforum.com/cgi-bin ... 1246374790 (http://www.thesteelersforum.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1246374790)

Great. My 1000th post was just spent on MSM. :x

AngryAsian
07-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Holy crap!!! That was hilarious. Thanks for posting. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jigawatts
07-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Who the hell is Dutch Wydo?

eniparadoxgma
07-03-2009, 07:19 PM
It looks like ol' Dutch is threatening The Steelers Forum with legal action for posting his picture on their site. I'm sure some of you don't hang out over there so I thought I'd post a link to one of the most hilarious emails you'll ever read.

http://www.thesteelersforum.com/cgi-bin ... 1246374790 (http://www.thesteelersforum.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1246374790)

Did you see the MSM photoshop thread where one his family members signed up just to try to defend him?!? That was an instant classic. :Beer

http://www.thesteelersforum.com/cgi-bin ... 21680702/0 (http://www.thesteelersforum.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1221680702/0)

phillyesq
07-03-2009, 08:23 PM

Hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't post over there, but should Dutch pursue legal action against them, it would be an honor and pleasure for me to represent them.