PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson dies too...What a day.

RuthlessBurgher
06-25-2009, 06:44 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/25/michael.jackson/index.html

Multiple reports: Michael Jackson dies at 50

Story Highlights
NEW: Los Angeles Times, Associated Press report

Michael Jackson has died

(CNN) -- Entertainer Michael Jackson has died after being taken to a hospital on Thursday after suffering cardiac arrest, according to multiple reports including the Los Angeles Times and the Associated Press. CNN has not confirmed his death.

A Los Angeles fire official told CNN that paramedics arrived at Michael Jackson's home after a 911 call.

Jackson, 50, had been in a coma at the hospital, sources told CNN.

Brian Oxman, a Jackson family attorney, said he was told by brother Randy Jackson that Michael Jackson collapsed at his home in west Los Angeles Thursday morning.

Family members were told of the situation and were either at the hospital or en route, Oxman said.

Fire Capt. Steve Ruda told CNN a 911 call came in from a west Los Angeles residence at 12:21 p.m.

Ruda said Jackson was treated and transferred to the UCLA Medical Center.

Asked specifics of the patient's condition, he said he could not discuss them because of federal privacy laws.

The music icon from Gary, Indiana, is known as the "King of Pop."

Jackson is the seventh of nine children in a well-known musical family.

At the medical center, every entrance to the emergency room was blocked by security guards. Even hospital staffers were not permitted to enter. A few people stood inside the waiting area, some of them crying.

SidSmythe
06-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Awww Shucks!!

I just put up my Farrah poster. now i have to take it down already and put up my Michael poster!!

Chadman
06-25-2009, 06:50 PM
And Chadman is off to his wife's grandmothers funeral...it must be that kind of day...

RuthlessBurgher
06-25-2009, 06:55 PM
And Chadman is off to his wife's grandmothers funeral...it must be that kind of day...

Pass on our condolences to your wife and family...

Chadman
06-25-2009, 06:56 PM

Pass on our condolences to your wife and family...

Thanks mate, appreciate that- will do.

costanza2k1
06-25-2009, 07:39 PM
I was bummed about Farah but MJ passing away really hurts...sucks, another reminder to just enjoy life.

[youtube:1o3umrbs]4_hz2am90Hk[/youtube:1o3umrbs]

Uncle Rico
06-25-2009, 07:47 PM
I guess I'll save my collection of Michael Jackson jokes for a rainy day now.

Ozey74
06-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Michael Jackson had his flaws and warts. But, he was the biggest celebrity icon of my youth (and I'm sure I'm not alone here). This is like Bob Hope passing on when our grandparents were in their 30's. I don't know if there is anyone out there that can take his place as a survivng icon of the era. Michael Jordan perhaps???

Acero
06-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Who will rape our children now?

Mister Pittsburgh
06-25-2009, 08:22 PM

Yeah....kind of thinking along the same lines. You don't get blamed for that all those times without something going on. Like the whole 'Jesus Juice' thing...giving little kids booze and stuff.

eniparadoxgma
06-25-2009, 08:31 PM

As long as someone else already went there: Just beat it? How about "Just bit it"?

:)

Steel Life
06-25-2009, 09:16 PM
I'll chime in with the last few posts...Granted the man was talented, but there's no loss here. I feel towards him the way that dog lovers look at Michael Vick.

bostonsteeler
06-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Jackson gave to tens of charities; his total charity work must wellll exceed $100mil.

He was one of the first to try to raise Aids awareness, back in Clinton's first stint.

He gave tons to children's charities.

(In fact, the entire child molester thing came up when the father of one of the kids who visited Neverland sued him for molesting his kid. Said father was also recorded gloating that he was going to make oodles of money off MJ).

He gave tons to African American causes.

"We are the world" -- $50mil to Africa; he was one of the organizers..

The list goes on. He holds an official Guinness book of world records entry for the maximum number of charities donated to.

But who cares. Lists of charity work dont sell sleaze rags.

Steel Life
06-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Jackson settled the case out of court for 22 million after the 13-year-old boy told police that he and Jackson had engaged in sexual acts that included oral sex and gave a detailed description of Jackson's genitals. This was not the first, or the last accusation made about him, but perhaps the generosity you describe can be found in the settlement amount...

bostonsteeler
06-25-2009, 11:39 PM
Jackson settled the case out of court for 22 million after the 13-year-old boy told police that he and Jackson had engaged in sexual acts that included oral sex and gave a detailed description of Jackson's genitals. This was not the first, or the last accusation made about him, but perhaps the generosity you describe can be found in the settlement amount...

Um.. Jordan Chandler?

The kid's mom, who was on Neverland with him when he stayed over, claimed nothing happened.
His dad, who *wasn't* there claimed it did.
The dad was also recorded gloating that he was going the make a lot of money.
Jordan eventually claimed *under the influence of a narcotic* that stuff had happened.

MJ settled out of court because it was the quietest way out -- once someone decides to sic a child molestation case on you, its a no win, the way our society is built.

After the case Jordan *never* made any more claims, even as a kid.

Eventually, in 2005, Jordan Chandler sued his dad, claiming his dad had attempted to murder him!

Is that the case you're talking of?

Mister Pittsburgh
06-25-2009, 11:46 PM

Um.. Jordan Chandler?

The kid's mom, who was on Neverland with him when he stayed over, claimed nothing happened.
Jordan eventually claimed *under the influence of a narcotic* that stuff had happened.

MJ settled out of court because it was the quietest way out -- once someone decides to sic a child molestation case on you, its a no win, the way our society is built.

Eventually, in 2005, Jordan Chandler sued his dad, claiming his dad had attempted to murder him!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/01 ... kson1.html (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0113051jackson1.html)

here is some more.....Jesus Juice! :moon

bostonsteeler
06-25-2009, 11:56 PM
[quote="Steel Life":g49meysk]Jackson settled the case out of court for 22 million after the 13-year-old boy told police that he and Jackson had engaged in sexual acts that included oral sex and gave a detailed description of Jackson's genitals. This was not the first, or the last accusation made about him, but perhaps the generosity you describe can be found in the settlement amount...

Um.. Jordan Chandler?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/01 ... kson1.html (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0113051jackson1.html)

here is some more.....Jesus Juice! :moon[/quote:g49meysk]

Your point being?
The case went to court. MJ was found not guilty.

Seriously, if your kid was molested by some sicko, would you be happy to just take some money and go off and have a ball (like Chandler's parents did -- his mom never saw him again, and his dad is fighting with him over money).
If someone messes with my kid, no 20 mil will buy me off. I'd want the sicko shot no matter what..

fezziwig
06-26-2009, 10:57 AM
If I am innocent of a crime,you can bet I would want to take the stand and scream from the roof tops that I am not guilty. If your telling the truth, I don't know how an attorney could cross you up on the facts or truth.

Jackson was a strange dude, not sure if that makes him a pervert or not. What gets me, some of his hired staff or one of his hired staff said when all this stuff came out that, they have seen Michael wrongly touching kids in the past.
I think that's all messed up how they come out when someone blows the whistle or at a later time. The person or persons that said they knew Michael was abusing kids should be in just as much trouble for not reporting it.

SteelHoss
06-26-2009, 01:02 PM
If I am innocent of a crime,you can bet I would want to take the stand and scream from the roof tops that I am not guilty. If your telling the truth, I don't know how an attorney could cross you up on the facts or truth.

Jackson was a strange dude, not sure if that makes him a pervert or not. What gets me, some of his hired staff or one of his hired staff said when all this stuff came out that, they have seen Michael wrongly touching kids in the past.
I think that's all messed up how they come out when someone blows the whistle or at a later time. The person or persons that said they knew Michael was abusing kids should be in just as much trouble for not reporting it.

There are more than a few either dead or serving time in prison for having those same sentiments. I agree with you on those person/s who don't come forward with information that might be critical in passing judgement, but that's a two way street too.
Michael Jackson was many things. Being the icon he was he had many critics. God is the most severe critic Michael Jackson will ever have and he is in God's hands now. May he RIP.

flippy
06-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Things about MJ that are interesting....

1. In the history of the world, has there ever been any entertainer/musician that even comes close in comparison? The only one I've heard someone mention is Mozart who started composing at age 5.

2. The King of Pop brand. Elizabeth Taylor called him KoP and then Michael insisted everyone call him that. Harvard Business school should teach a class on Michael Jackson who may have created the greatest brand in the history of the world. Is there a better known brand in the world than MJ? From his $8M music videos, to his work ethic and business acumen....MJ was a better business man than a singer/performer.

3. MJ was allegedly abused as a child and is allegedly a child abuser. Parents leave a strong imprint on their children that never goes away. MJ's parents may have driven him to be great. But they just as likely drove him to be troubled.

4. MJ was $400M in debt when he died. After being accused of child abuse, his success in selling albums was cut in half, but he continued to spend like he was the guy that was selling the Thriller album.

5. MJ had the top 15 selling albums on Amazon yesterday. Makes me wonder if his death was made up so he could escape and fix some of his financial problems.

6. MJ was anorexic. Why didn't anyone call him out? If he was a woman he would have been slammed for it.

7. Someone should redo MJs black or white video with morphing pictures of MJs many faces throughout the years. From young child to 50 year old man. Seeing all of his different looks is amazing. And I heard someone say he had 50 nose jobs.

8. People say MJ had an influence of all artists in the current generation. The biggest influence I see is they all lip synch.

9. All the MJ songs I've heard over the last couple days, there's no Human Nature. No idea why but that's one of my favs.

10. MJ's awareness of his place in history may have been the freakiest thing about him. From stories of paintings of him + Jesus + MLK Jr to his comparisons of himself to Elvis or Michaelangelo. MJ may actually be the King of Narcissism.

11. MJ was the greatest dancer ever. That was his unique talent. Better dancer than his backup dancers.

12. Does anyone else think of West Side Story when the watch the Beat it video?

13. And was Bad the video where he lost his gender identity? Did he seem asexual??

14. It must suck to be famous. All these rich and famous people have so many problems. While I wouldn't mind having an extra $500M, I'd probably drive a beater and live in the same house and do the same stuff if I had it and wouldn't know how to spend it. I'd definitely go to more Steelers games, but I'm not sure what else. Guess we should all be thankful we're so lucky to be poor shlubs without the mental anguish of the rich and famous.

RIP MJ. Full disclosure - I bought a red MJ zipper jacket as a kid and Thriller was the first album I ever bought. And I tried to moonwalk, but like everyone else, failed.....

bostonsteeler
06-28-2009, 10:31 AM
14. It must suck to be famous. All these rich and famous people have so many problems. While I wouldn't mind having an extra $500M, I'd probably drive a beater and live in the same house and do the same stuff if I had it and wouldn't know how to spend it. I'd definitely go to more Steelers games, but I'm not sure what else. Guess we should all be thankful we're so lucky to be poor shlubs without the mental anguish of the rich and famous.

Y'know flip, that's *sooo* true.

I'm pop psychologizing here, but I suspect that once you hit that level of success and riches, you basically lose 90% of the motivating factors that normal people have -- to be richer, more secure and more famous. Then one begins to look for other things to do, and since these things, by definition, fall outside the list of normal activities (which cater to getting richer, more secure and more famous), they're wierd. They can be good wierd and bad wierd, but they're all wierd.

I'd rather be at the knee of the curve where I'm reasonably comfortable, but still have a lot of normal things to desire and look forward to.

aggiebones
07-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Very bizzarre how he did things that were sooo positive and soo negative and so extreme in everything. He was mega everything.

Flippy gets 500M and stays a humble easy going guy. How gracious to admit when you don't have it. Money is a biig problem unless you gain it slowly and avoid pitfalls often through luck. Many more lessons to learn as you go and ones noone's parents can understand and advice. Support groups to help are all either lost or greedy. Put money with the lifestyle required of a music icon and he really had no chance to stay clean. I wonder how much of his life he really controlled and how much he was puppetted around and shielded. The whole MJax life is totally impossible to read for me. Just can't see his life through my eyes.

What could this mean?
'and gave a detailed description of Jackson's genitals.'
What that he had 2 balls and a stick?
Tell me he didn't have some plastic surgery there too.