PDA

View Full Version : LeBeau Elected to the Ohio State HOF

SteelBucks
06-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Maybe Canton will wise up one day and do the same.........

Dick LeBeau - Football 1956-58

Three-time football letterwinner Dick LeBeau played for Woody Hayes and was a member of the 1957 National Championship team. He went on to a 14-year NFL career with the Detroit Lions, where he set the NFL record for consecutive starts for a cornerback (171). He is tied for seventh all-time in the NFL with 62 career interceptions and appeared in three Pro Bowls. In his first 35 years as an NFL coach, LeBeau has been on staff with the Cincinnati Bengals, Buffalo Bills, Philadelphia Eagles, Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers, including the 2005 and 2008 Super Bowl champion Steelers.

papillon
06-23-2009, 10:47 PM
Maybe Canton will wise up one day and do the same.........

bad word LeBeau - Football 1956-58

Three-time football letterwinner bad word LeBeau played for Woody Hayes and was a member of the 1957 National Championship team. He went on to a 14-year NFL career with the Detroit Lions, where he set the NFL record for consecutive starts for a cornerback (171). He is tied for seventh all-time in the NFL with 62 career interceptions and appeared in three Pro Bowls. In his first 35 years as an NFL coach, LeBeau has been on staff with the Cincinnati Bengals, Buffalo Bills, Philadelphia Eagles, Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers, including the 2005 and 2008 Super Bowl champion Steelers.

Canton would first have to get their heads out of their a$$es before they could elect Lebeau to the HOF. Just sayin... :P

Pappy

Acero
06-24-2009, 12:06 AM
Canton would first have to get their heads out of their a$$es before they could elect Lebeau to the HOF. Just sayin... :P

Pappy

I say since this year is Super Bowl #44 which happens to be LeBeau's jersey number we should start an online campaign to get him inducted.

Or something.

Iron Shiek
06-24-2009, 12:05 PM
I am pretty sure I read somewhere that he is going to have to retire to be up for consideration as a contributor or something...which I think he will get in that way for sure. But his playing days weren't some schlub's career. He was outstanding.

And I heard a radio guy actually trying to state a case for that cheatin bastage R*dney Harris*n to be in the HOF. If he ever gets in I will be very sad.

RuthlessBurgher
06-24-2009, 12:13 PM
He had 62 career interceptions for 762 return yards and 3 touchdowns, plus 9 recovered fumbles returned for 53 yards and a touchdown in a 14 year playing career. He holds the NFL record for consecutive game appearances for a cornerback with 171. Those are some pretty darn good credentials for a player. The veteran's committee should take note. You wonder if he gets overlooked because he had Hall of Famer Night Train Lane opposite him during the beginning of his career and had Hall of Famer Lem Barney opposite him during the end of his career.

buckeyehoppy
06-24-2009, 11:53 PM
O-H-LeBeau!!!

Iron Shiek
06-25-2009, 01:32 PM
O-H-LeBeau!!!

Haha....nice bhop