PDA

View Full Version : Bulluck shows off 'gift' from Steelers fan

BigRob
06-19-2009, 08:51 PM
LOL, this is pretty funny.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/conte ... eelers-fan (http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/content/sports/bulluck-shows-gift-steelers-fan)

By Terry McCormick

Keith Bulluck wanted to wait, but when the right question was asked, he couldnt help but show off a little present he received last February from an anonymous donor.

Bulluck was asked a polite question about opening the 2009 season in primetime on Sept. 10 against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Then, a follow-up question was asked if Bulluck thought he was a marked man because he was one of three Titans players to be seen defacing the Steelers fans yellow Terrible Towels after the Titans 31-14 win at LP Field last season.

Bulluck reached into the bottom of his locker and pulled out the gift.

It was an Official Pittsburgh Steelers Terrible Towel from Super Bowl XLIII, sent to Bulluck with a note dated 2/16/09 and no return address.

Along with the towel was a note that read:

On behalf of Steeler Nation, we would like to present you with our new Terrible Towel. Hang this up in your locker room.

Sincerely, the Black and Gold

P.S.: I hope you enjoyed the Super Bowl.

After showing off the towel and the note, Bulluck remarked, So, you tell me if Im on their mind. Look at the date. It was like a week-and-a-half after they won the Super Bowl. So you tell me if Im a marked man. I cant wait until we go to Pittsburgh. You just asked the right question. You asked the perfect question. Ive been trying to save it, but it was just the perfect opportunity.

Video from the Titans official website captured Bulluck's remarks.

Bulluck, LenDale White and Jevon Kearse were photographed mocking and defacing the Terrible Towels, and though he doesnt know who owns the one sent to him, he joked that he might try to dispose of it at Heinz Field the way some Red Sox fans attempted to bury a David Ortiz jersey in the new Yankee Stadium.

I might take it to Pittsburgh and bury it somewhere in the stadium like they tried to do at Yankee Stadium. Im going to return it to the rightful owner, Bulluck said.

Bulluck indicated that if the Titans win at Pittsburgh in the season opener, that he wont be making a return engagement on stomping the towels in the visiting city.

I was going to bring it out one way or another. In all due respect, after we win, I definitely will not be stomping on any towels, Bulluck said. Thats just utter disrespect. The only reason why it happened was because they came into our house waving their 15,000 towels or whatever, and they travel well. Theyre a proud organization. Steeler Nation they are, but were not too worried about it.

One of the other culprits, White, said he has not received any Steelers paraphernalia as a gift, but said he might be inclined to stomp the towels again.

I dont care about none of that. I stomped on that towel, because they were in my house. They came into the Titans arena waving those ugly yellow flags, and I stomped on one, White said. If they wave it again, Im going to stomp on another one. Im the Terrible Towel Stomper forever. If people dont like it on this team or anywhere else, whatever. I dont think a towel stomp makes you play more hard or less hard.

White also indicated that he welcomes the chance to taste the sandwich honoring Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Ive seen the Big Ben Roethlisberger sandwich on TV, so if anybody wants to freeze and send one over, Ill be more than happy to eat it, White said.

stlrz d
06-19-2009, 09:42 PM
http://www.titansonline.com/media-cente ... a4ae2c6200 (http://www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/lb-keith-bulluck/68fc8f8f-6d25-40c5-b8f3-a0a4ae2c6200)

He starts talking about this at around the 2:15 mark.

No way to embed the video...that I know of.

Jooser
06-19-2009, 09:50 PM
I'd say that we're are on his mind, since he had that thing in his locker. I can't wait until we lay back down some wood on these jerks.

SteelBucks
06-19-2009, 09:54 PM
White also indicated that he welcomes the chance to taste the sandwich honoring Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Ive seen the Big Ben Roethlisberger sandwich on TV, so if anybody wants to freeze and send one over, Ill be more than happy to eat it, White said.

Go figure.....Fat man's hungry.

Ozey74
06-19-2009, 10:50 PM
I'd say that we're are on his mind, since he had that thing in his locker. I can't wait until we lay back down some wood on these jerks.

Word! Steeler fan or not, this game is a fantastic way to kick off the season.

:tt2

RuthlessBurgher
06-19-2009, 10:57 PM

Go figure.....Fat man's hungry.

LenWhale would eat 7 Roethlis-Burgers and a dozen Primanti Bros. sandwiches...as an appetizer.

http://blogs.nashvillescene.com/pitw/LenWhaleTraining.jpg

Djfan
06-20-2009, 12:15 AM
On behalf of Steeler Nation, we would like to present you with our new Terrible Towel. Hang this up in your locker room.

Sincerely, the Black and Gold

P.S.: I hope you enjoyed the Super Bowl.

Nice. I'm so proud. Thanks to whomever of my brothers or sisters for being spot on.

Should we send him one from this upcoming year's super bowl victory, too?

SteelHead
06-20-2009, 09:36 AM
This is really shaping up to be quite the grudge match come September 10th.

I will say this though , the Titans are a bad match up for us. One of the very few teams that can match or better our physicality. If were gonna win we need to get more pressure on the QB and be able to run the ball better.

That being said , I'm confident we come out firing on all cylinders and kick some Titan butt.

Mister Pittsburgh
06-20-2009, 10:13 AM
Would be real nice to start the 2009 season with a thrashing of a very tough opponent like the Titans at Heinz Field. Should be a good game.

RuthlessBurgher
06-20-2009, 10:22 AM
I might take it to Pittsburgh and bury it somewhere in the stadium like they tried to do at Yankee Stadium."

Um...Keith...that was a Red Sox fan burying a Red Sox shirt at Yankee Stadium. They figured that adding some Boston memorabilia to the infrastructure at the new Yankee stadium would be some sort of a curse. Why would a Terrible Towel with the score of our 6th Super Bowl victory be a curse to this organization?

Jooser
06-20-2009, 10:32 AM
I might take it to Pittsburgh and bury it somewhere in the stadium like they tried to do at Yankee Stadium."

Um...Keith...that was a Red Sox fan burying a Red Sox shirt at Yankee Stadium. They figured that adding some Boston memorabilia to the infrastructure at the new Yankee stadium would be some sort of a curse. Why would a Terrible Towel with the score of our 6th Super Bowl victory be a curse to this organization?

Exactly, what an idiot. :owned

Captain Lemming
06-20-2009, 11:21 AM

That is too funny.
"Fat" Lendale leads his Titans into Pittsburgh

http://brightcove.vo.llnwd.net/d6/unsecured/media/1120330742/1120330742_1725319542_WierdAl-Fat.jpg?pubId=1120330742

grotonsteel
06-20-2009, 02:49 PM

I dont care about none of that. I stomped on that towel, because they were in my house. Tidhey came into the Titans arena waving those ugly yellow flags, and I stomped on one, White sa. If they wave it again, Im going to stomp on another one. Im the Terrible Towel Stomper forever.

I hope Ryan Clark lays a wood on this turd....

AngryAsian
06-21-2009, 04:41 AM

If I lived in the Burgh, I would be more than happy to send him one... with some of my special "Asian Sweet -n- Sour Sauce".... straight from the tap... no charge for the extra topping. :lol: :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
06-21-2009, 11:28 AM

If I lived in the Burgh, I would be more than happy to send him one... with some of my special "Asian Sweet -n- Sour Sauce".... straight from the tap... no charge for the extra topping. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay...I'm officially never eating one of those sandwiches again. You being a thousand miles away from Pittsburgh will not erase that from my memory! :shock:

Jooser
06-21-2009, 07:02 PM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/K_Bulluck_062109_ia.jpg

Attack of the Curse, Pt. Deux! What a tool, he can't even see how poised that towel is to striking!!!!!!!!!

feelthesteel
06-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Never Mind the Bullucks!!

Johnny Rotten

aggiebones
06-22-2009, 04:59 PM

Just poop on a bun with cole slaw and see how long it takes for him to realize it.

RuthlessBurgher
06-25-2009, 01:11 PM
I love the quote from Jeff Fisher...instead of referring to LenDale White and Chris Johnson and "Smash and Dash" he suggests "Dumb and Dumber"...classic.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090625/SPORTS01/906250367/1027/

Johnson takes heat over new nickname
By Jim Wyatt THE TENNESSEAN June 25, 2009

Titans Coach Jeff Fisher isn't sure if his Pro Bowl running back fits his new, self-proclaimed nickname.

"Every Coach's Dream?" Fisher said with a smile Wednesday. "Maybe with a few exceptions playing the bongos and getting hurt in the playoff game."

Ouch.

One day after Chris Johnson killed the "Smash and Dash" nickname he shared with fellow running back LenDale White, and branched out on his own with "Every Coach's Dream," there were plenty of one-liners.

Fisher got in on the banter with digs at Johnson for his ankle injury in last season's playoff loss to the Ravens and for his drum-banging touchdown celebration against the Chiefs that resulted in a penalty flag and a fine.

Johnson and White created the "Smash and Dash" moniker last season on the way to combining for 2,001 yards and 24 rushing scores.

"I'm sure they'll come up with something else," Fisher said. "Dumb and Dumber or something."

Meanwhile, Johnson and White continued to take somewhat playful jabs at one another. Johnson said he feels he needs his own identity after rushing for 1,228 yards and nine touchdowns. White is resisting the divorce the nickname resulted in national attention and T-shirt sales.

"You know how when you have a little brother and he gets beat up his whole life and then you grow up and are bigger than him and he can't beat you up any more? I think that is what he is going through right now," Johnson said. "LenDale is having a hard time handling it all."

White called Johnson a "coach's pet," adding, "He is a little delirious. When he wakes up out of the dream he'll be all right. And the one thing about dreams is they are not real. So if you're the coach's dream, you are not real. I don't know him right now. I think it's the Pro Bowl stuff ya'll created somebody we don't want to see."

Linebacker Keith Bulluck, shook his head. He's started 113 consecutive games also a coach's dream, too.

"How many straight games for me?" Bulluck said. "I could be a pain in the (butt) for sure. But for the most part you want a guy like that."

Cowboy Keith: Bulluck was sporting a black cowboy hat in the locker room thanks to country music star Tim McGraw.

McGraw made good on a promise to Bulluck. At the CMA Awards a few years ago, Bulluck spotted McGraw in a black cowboy hat and asked him where he got it. McGraw told Bulluck he'd send him one.

Finally a package arrived at Baptist Sports Park. The note from McGraw: "Sorry it took so long. Hope you enjoy the hat. Have a great season, we'll be watching."

Bulluck, a 10th-year pro, said he plans to wear the hat for every interview.

"Anyone who comes from the music scene knows Tim has style about him,'' Bulluck said. "I myself feel I have style too. So two stylish men I needed a hat like that. This is a great gift. I really appreciate it.''

Washington working: The Titans return to practice Friday, then break until training camp starts July 31.

Receiver Nate Washington, an ex-Steeler, estimated he's learned "85 percent" of the playbook since joining the Titans in March.

He also joked that if offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger heard him say that, he might say otherwise. That's why Washington will take several DVDs of the offense as he heads back to Toledo, Ohio.

"I'll be watching so I'll know what spots are supposed to be where, how certain routes are supposed to be ran, staying in constant contact with my coaches and working out like crazy," Washington said.

Good day, bad day: Cornerback Cortland Finnegan had an especially good practice Wednesday, twice intercepting passes by quarterback Kerry Collins.

It was the second bad day in a row for the offense, which had a lot of passes dropped or picked.

Injuries: Receivers Kenny Britt (hamstring), Paul Williams (groin, ankle) and Chris Davis (soreness) did not practice. Center Kevin Mawae (elbow) also sat out. Defensive end Jevon Kearse (knee) was limited. Linebacker Colin Allred was out for personal reasons.

Coaching clinic: The team's annual coaching clinic welcomed 110 high school coaches. They worked in the classroom with Titans coaches and watched practice.

Contributing: Gary Estwick. Reach Jim Wyatt at 615-259-8015 or jwyatt@tennessean.com.