PDA

View Full Version : News Media Liberal Bias

Jooser
06-16-2009, 12:38 PM
More proof, I'm not going to comment, yet.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashaot.htm

ABC TURNS PROGRAMMING OVER TO OBAMA; NEWS TO BE ANCHORED FROM INSIDE WHITE HOUSE
Tue Jun 16 2009 08:45:10 ET

On the night of June 24, the media and government become one, when ABC turns its programming over to President Obama and White House officials to push government run health care -- a move that has ignited an ethical firestorm!

Highlights on the agenda:

ABCNEWS anchor Charlie Gibson will deliver WORLD NEWS from the Blue Room of the White House.

The network plans a primetime special -- 'Prescription for America' -- originating from the East Room, exclude opposing voices on the debate.

MORE

Late Monday night, Republican National Committee Chief of Staff Ken McKay fired off a complaint to the head of ABCNEWS:

Dear Mr. Westin:

As the national debate on health care reform intensifies, I am deeply concerned and disappointed with ABC's astonishing decision to exclude opposing voices on this critical issue on June 24, 2009. Next Wednesday, ABC News will air a primetime health care reform “town hall” at the White House with President Barack Obama. In addition, according to an ABC News report, GOOD MORNING AMERICA, WORLD NEWS, NIGHTLINE and ABC’s web news “will all feature special programming on the president’s health care agenda.” This does not include the promotion, over the next 9 days, the president’s health care agenda will receive on ABC News programming.

Today, the Republican National Committee requested an opportunity to add our Party's views to those of the President's to ensure that all sides of the health care reform debate are presented. Our request was rejected. I believe that the President should have the ability to speak directly to the America people. However, I find it outrageous that ABC would prohibit our Party's opposing thoughts and ideas from this national debate, which affects millions of ABC viewers.

In the absence of opposition, I am concerned this event will become a glorified infomercial to promote the Democrat agenda. If that is the case, this primetime infomercial should be paid for out of the DNC coffers. President Obama does not hold a monopoly on health care reform ideas or on free airtime. The President has stated time and time again that he wants a bipartisan debate. Therefore, the Republican Party should be included in this primetime event, or the DNC should pay for your airtime.

Respectfully,
Ken McKay
Republican National Committee
Chief of Staff

MORE

ABCNEWS Senior Vice President Kerry Smith on Tuesday responded to the RNC complaint, saying it contained 'false premises':

"ABCNEWS prides itself on covering all sides of important issues and asking direct questions of all newsmakers -- of all political persuasions -- even when others have taken a more partisan approach and even in the face of criticism from extremes on both ends of the political spectrum. ABCNEWS is looking for the most thoughtful and diverse voices on this issue.

"ABCNEWS alone will select those who will be in the audience asking questions of the president. Like any programs we broadcast, ABC News will have complete editorial control. To suggest otherwise is quite unfair to both our journalists and our audience."

Developing...

MeetJoeGreene
06-16-2009, 03:32 PM
This surprises me not in the least.

NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN are to Obama

as

ESPN, NFLN are to Pats and Brady.

slurp, slurp.

Jooser
06-16-2009, 03:46 PM
This surprises me not in the least.

NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN are to Obama

as

ESPN, NFLN are to Pats and Brady.

slurp, slurp.
:Agree :Clap :Clap :Clap

snarky
06-22-2009, 09:46 AM
slurp, slurp, slurp

http://mediamatters.org/research/200906170034

Jooser
06-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Snarky, your "investigative" report forgot to address this issue, as stated in the above article:

The Director of Communications at the White House Office of Health Reform is Linda Douglass, who worked as a reporter for ABC News from 1998-2006.

When has FOX News ever done it's nightly news from inside the White House, followed by an exclusive show there that furthered President Bush's agenda? Your source talks about some of the comments being made by FOX News correspondents about this state of affairs and complains about "softball" questions for Bush and his administration, but how is that in any way on the same level as this?

snarky
06-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Why does the location matter?

snarky
06-22-2009, 10:19 AM
slurp slurp slurp

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d91_1245424700&c=1

SanAntonioSteelerFan
06-22-2009, 03:16 PM
slurp slurp slurp

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d91_1245424700&c=1

This seems to suggest that Fox news had similar White House (and Air Force 1, and the Crawford Ranch) back when Bush was ruining the country.

Seems "fair and balanced" to me! Hilarious watching Rove whine on and on and on about ABC News' "unprecedented" access to a president. What a tool!

This kind of stuff has been going on forever. Presidents try to control the discussion however they can. Interviews, PT 109 tie pins, golf games, hunting trips (remember Cheney and Scalia?).

Whining is about the only thing the Republicans can do nowadays, and they can't even do that right. If only Sarah Palin would step up and take sceptre and crown, all would be well!

snarky
06-22-2009, 04:01 PM
PS: It sounds like FOX is advocating for a reinstatement of the Fairness Doctrine.

stlrz d
06-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Great stuff snarky!

Both sides do it...move along...nothing to see here....

MeetJoeGreene
06-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Great stuff snarky!

Both sides do it...move along...nothing to see here....

Indeed both sides do it.

I admit that Foxnews is right-leaning and has a conservative bias.

I also posit that ABC, NBC, CNN, NY Times are left-leaning with a liberal bias.

But they (and probably you) proclaim them "objective".

They are not.

snarky
06-22-2009, 08:42 PM
I said this in another thread

FOX = right
MSM = corporate/establishment with a slight lean to the left
MSNBC = mirror image of FOX

One thing I would say is that while they all might do it, I have only seen FOX become a 24 hour noise machine complaining about the bias of the other networks (MSNBC does this to a certain extent but only during certain hours)

MeetJoeGreene
06-22-2009, 10:11 PM

FOX = right

One thing I would say is that while they all might do it, I have only seen FOX become a 24 hour noise machine complaining about the bias of the other networks (MSNBC does this to a certain extent but only during certain hours)

MSM = more than slight.

snarky
06-22-2009, 10:43 PM
MSM = more than slight.

Not really. You think there aren't things in the MSM that liberals take issue with? MSM's bias is much more in terms corporate/establishment. Left/Right means less to them.

RuthlessBurgher
06-23-2009, 08:42 AM

FOX = right

MSM = more than slight.

MSM = trying to sneak back in here under assumed names like "Lambert" and "OhiosteelFan" in order to post his postgameheroes articles to show the lowly masses how great ol' Dutch is and what we are missing without him. :lol: