PDA

View Full Version : Blessing in disguise?

steelcityrules!!
06-08-2009, 08:35 PM
I constantly peruse nfl.com, the nfl network, nfl live on ESPN, and various sporting news outlets and routinely am left devoid of ANY news related to the steelers.

I mean, absolutely zilch apart from james harrison's dog and refusal to visit pennsylvania avenue.

We are the M-n-F-ing World Champs... not even the courtesy of a broadcast reach-around once in a while. If the F-ing *****patsies***** won the lombardi again, there would be routine baskets of flowers and candy adorning the ESPN set, and scholarships set up in the name of brady during every mini-camp.

pardon the overtly brash and possibly vulgar tone here, but I'm either in need of some in-depth analysis by some jerk on a TV set or reassurance that no news is absolutely fantastic news.

:HeadBanger
:wft

True Fan
06-08-2009, 09:03 PM
don't sugar coat it man, tell us how you really feel........... :wink:

Iron Shiek
06-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Don't worry SCR...relax brotha. Remember even last year during our dominance in the AFC North and whatnot, we got no pub. It sucks that national media don't feed our apetite, but that's just how the organization probably wants it anyway. I like it too...just fly under the radar, play football, take care of business.

Let Jerry jones steal all the headlines with his shenanigans...thats why they suck...

By the way, the sports illustrated came two weeks ago with Tom Brady* on the cover, I immediately ripped the cover off and trashed it. So even if they talk about the Cheaters, I won't see any of it.

Ozey74
06-08-2009, 09:42 PM
I feel your pain!! This is the part of the off season that is the longest for me too. On the bright side, camp is only 8 weeks away!!! On the down side, camp is 8 weeks away!!

:tt2

ramblinjim
06-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Camp isn't for another eight weeks..........

D'OH!

:(

rpmpit
06-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Let the media crown the Pats next years SB Champs already. We know they always are on point with their predictions anyway :lol:

Like Shiek said, this is how the organization and most of us fans like it anyway. Do you think you'll ever see the Steelers do something like the Hard Knocks series??? I honestly doubt it. If they did, it would really surprise me.

RuthlessBurgher
06-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Let the media crown the Pats next years SB Champs already. We know they always are on point with their predictions anyway :lol:

Like Shiek said, this is how the organization and most of us fans like it anyway. Do you think you'll ever see the Steelers do something like the Hard Knocks series??? I honestly doubt it. If they did, it would really surprise me.

That is a fundamental quandry for a fan.

On one hand, I would LOVE to watch a Steelers Hard Knocks. I love inside access, but hate watching teams full of clowns like the Cowboys and Bengals.

On the other hand, I would HATE to have such a distraction for the team at camp.

steelcityrules!!
06-09-2009, 08:14 PM
I feel better tonight, thank you.

would still love to see an in-depth expose' from the NFL network on how our blend of blue collar, high-motor, intelligent, team-first attitudes is the blueprint for success in the NFL and our new head coach is on the fast track for greatness.

but, chatting with you folks is the next best thing
:Cheers

steelcityrules!!
06-09-2009, 08:37 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d810bd0f9&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

this is as close as it gets I guess...
now thats coverage of the world champs!