PDA

View Full Version : Brian's Song

frankthetank1
06-08-2009, 04:45 PM
for the first time this past saturday i watched the movie brian's song. it was one of the saddest movies i have ever seen. right up there with the deer hunter and old yeller. i was alone while i watched brian's song so the wife wasnt able to bust my balls about crying haha. it was an excellent movie but man was it sad. i never knew this but i guess brian piccalo went to the same high school as tucker frederickson. the only reason i know who tucker frederickson is is because i was named after him because my mom is a giants fan some how. imagine having to fight for playing time with a future nfl running back in high school then when you finnally get to the nfl you have to fight for pt with gale sayers. man that guy had a tough life

Discipline of Steel
06-08-2009, 06:59 PM
That was a very sad movie. I saw it more than 20 years ago and can still feel some of the emotion it brought out in me.

ghettoscott
06-08-2009, 08:21 PM
my dad is a tough cat.....I think i have seen him cry once. He tells me that everytime he watches that movie he sheds a few tears....

JTP53609
09-17-2009, 10:49 AM
i love brian piccolo....

MeetJoeGreene
09-17-2009, 02:32 PM
It is best watched from a tape or DVD (or some other medium without commercials)

I can remember watching it and it was a sad part, I was about to lose it and then

WHAM!!!

Tidy Bowl Man commercial.......

Djfan
09-17-2009, 11:19 PM
Great movie. Have you read the book, "I Am Third"? Great story, too. Goes along with it.

spyboots
09-19-2009, 02:25 PM
I like the original version; the new one just doesn't seem to grasp it.

RuthlessBurgher
09-19-2009, 02:33 PM

I assumed everyone was talking about the original James Caan and Billy Dee Williams version. Why in the world would you need to make a new version of that movie?

spyboots
09-20-2009, 05:09 AM

I assumed everyone was talking about the original James Caan and Billy Dee Williams version. Why in the world would you need to make a new version of that movie?

I don't know why they did a remake on it; but it just doesn't cut it.

To the person who posted about the book, I agree. "I am Third" is a great book.

MeetJoeGreene
09-21-2009, 11:28 AM

I think it is a sign of the end of the world when they start remaking stuff that shouldn't be remade (like Brian's song) or silly things (like land of the lost).

When Magnum PI is made into a movie starring one of the Jonas Brothers, the end is VERY, VERY near.

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2009, 02:22 PM

I think it is a sign of the end of the world when they start remaking stuff that shouldn't be remade (like Brian's song) or silly things (like land of the lost).

When Magnum PI is made into a movie starring one of the Jonas Brothers, the end is VERY, VERY near.

Admit it...you are secretly wishing for a Jonas brother to fight crime in Hawaii with a Tom Selleck moustache. :shock: :lol:

MeetJoeGreene
09-21-2009, 03:39 PM

Admit it...you are secretly wishing for a Jonas brother to fight crime in Hawaii with a Tom Selleck moustache. :shock: :lol:

Probably ... Nick.

Its pathetic that I even know them... but I do have a 12 year old daughter.

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2009, 06:17 PM

Probably ... Nick.

Its pathetic that I even know them... but I do have a 12 year old daughter.

Luckily, my kids haven't reached the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, High School Musical stage yet...though I fear it is getting close. I have been seeing a lot of iCarly on in my house lately. I think Carly is a gateway drug to all of those other Disney pre-teen stuff. Sigh...