PDA

View Full Version : America's Game wed 6/10 8:00 pm

frankthetank1
06-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Just a heads up this wed on the NFLN the story of the 74 steelers is on at 8:00pm and after that at 9:00 pm is the story of the 75 steelers. i saw the ones on the 78 and the 79 steelers and it was excellent. i never knew rocky blier was injured pretty bad in vietnam. i also never knew the story behind LC Greenwood's gold cleats. being born in 1980 i get every chance i get to watch the old footage of the steelers

stlrz d
06-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Just a heads up this wed on the NFLN the story of the 74 steelers is on at 8:00pm and after that at 9:00 pm is the story of the 75 steelers. i saw the ones on the 78 and the 79 steelers and it was excellent. i never knew rocky blier was injured pretty bad in vietnam. i also never knew the story behind LC Greenwood's gold cleats. being born in 1980 i get every chance i get to watch the old footage of the steelers

First off, we've all been anxiously awaiting the announcement of when America's Game for SBXLIII so here's a :moon for getting us all excited (with your thread title) thinking it would be what we've been waiting for. :moon There's another one just for good measure. :P

Now, get yourself to your local library and see if they have a copy of this:

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/e3/f0/e87a81b0c8a0acf74274e110.L._AA240_.jpg

SteelHead
06-08-2009, 05:40 PM

First off, we've all been anxiously awaiting the announcement of when America's Game for SBXLIII so here's a :moon for getting us all excited (with your thread title) thinking it would be what we've been waiting for. :moon There's another one just for good measure. :P

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/e3/f0/e87a81b0c8a0acf74274e110.L._AA240_.jpg

!#@$%^&*#@!%$#^&*$!!!!

I was just about to set my dvr too....

Jigawatts
06-08-2009, 05:51 PM
This thread requires no more words, just :moon 's for the OP. :P

:moon

NKySteeler
06-08-2009, 06:29 PM
i never knew rocky blier was injured pretty bad in vietnam. i also never knew the story behind LC Greenwood's gold cleats.

:shock: .... Really?!..... Man, as Stlrz D said, hit the library and do some serious rental of books....

... If you want a great overview of the Steelers organization, go to the Steelers Store on-line and purchase the book written by Dan Rooney.... It's filled with more stuff than I could ever mention here, and it's a great read.... :wink:

http://news.steelers.com/catalog/product/79407/

costanza2k1
06-08-2009, 09:54 PM
let me just follow up to what Jiga and D said:
:moon
:lol:

Seriously though I thought it was for SB 43...kind of bummed. I got all the others recorded now on my DVD.

fordfixer
06-09-2009, 12:26 AM

Ha Ha I have been looking for that book for the last year or so, could not afford the one's I could find. But I got it off ebay for $10.42 last week :tt1

frankthetank1
06-09-2009, 07:15 AM
oh man im sorry i had no idea. my apologies to everyone for the title of the thread. i didnt know america's game for the sb was coming out soon

frankthetank1
06-09-2009, 07:17 AM
i never knew rocky blier was injured pretty bad in vietnam. i also never knew the story behind LC Greenwood's gold cleats.

:shock: .... Really?!..... Man, as Stlrz D said, hit the library and do some serious rental of books....

... If you want a great overview of the Steelers organization, go to the Steelers Store on-line and purchase the book written by Dan Rooney.... It's filled with more stuff than I could ever mention here, and it's a great read.... :wink:

dan rooney wrote a book? thats so cool, i will definetly have to check that out. well im only 28 so my knowledge of the 70's steelers is limited compared to most. my dad bought me the last biography that came out on dan rooney for xmass, but unfortunately i havent gotten a chance to start it

rpmpit
06-09-2009, 07:20 AM
I remember watching the TV movie Fighting Back with Robert Urich as Rocky with my grandmother when I was a kid. I've always said it was one of the reasons I became a Steeler fan.

And yeah, I also thought this thread would be about XLIII. But I'm sure it'll be coming soon. I think SN1 said the Giants XLII one premiered in July last year. So we should be seeing ours in a month or so.

pfelix73
06-09-2009, 09:23 AM
And here I thought Rocky was played by Sylvester Stallone....... :wft

:tt1

SteelerNation1
06-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Did a quick google search and the ny giants americas game premiered right before the season on sept 3. 2008. Damn, the wait continues!!!

RuthlessBurgher
06-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Did a quick google search and the ny giants americas game premiered right before the season on sept 3. 2008. Damn, the wait continues!!!

So do we need to do another countdown to the America's Game broadcast at the same time as the countdown to the start of the season?

This picture has Nick Eason's #93 because there are 93 days until the season starts as well as James Harrison's #92 to signify the 92 days until the release of the new America's Game. :wink:

http://toombsnow.net/images/eason1january182009.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
06-09-2009, 10:12 AM

dan rooney wrote a book? thats so cool, i will definetly have to check that out. well im only 28 so my knowledge of the 70's steelers is limited compared to most. my dad bought me the last biography that came out on dan rooney for xmass, but unfortunately i havent gotten a chance to start it

Speaking of Steeler books, on my flight down to Florida for Super Bowl XLIII, I read Myron's "Double Yoi!" book. The night before the game, I read the chapter about the Terrible Towel. Cope was definitely at the game in spirit.
:tt2 :tt1

papillon
06-09-2009, 01:51 PM

So do we need to do another countdown to the America's Game broadcast at the same time as the countdown to the start of the season?

This picture has Nick Eason's #93 because there are 93 days until the season starts as well as James Harrison's #92 to signify the 92 days until the release of the new America's Game. :wink:

http://toombsnow.net/images/eason1january182009.jpg

Good luck trying to find a picture with consecutive numbers all the way down to 1 and 00. :P

Pappy