PDA

View Full Version : Best of the best.... NFL's top 25 players

SteelCrazy
06-07-2009, 10:31 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/vi ... p?t=557654 (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=557654)

Still no love for two time SuperBowl champ Big Ben.....

stlrz d
06-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Sucks no love for Ben, but no Ray Lewis almost makes up for it! :D

Djfan
06-07-2009, 11:30 PM
The media daycare center feeds them all off of the same bottle, burps them on the same rag, and prints whatever they spit up. We've heard this all before, and it won't change until one of them retires or dies.

buckeyehoppy
06-08-2009, 01:23 AM
What is this BS with that panty waist Brady? The season before he got hurt was nothing special and he comes into this year w/o his OC. Shouldn't be a big deal...if he's really as good as all the football writers say he is.

OTOH, what has he done lately compared to Ben? Maybe he has the SB ring lead...for now. We'll see how long that lasts. But Ben isn't on the list and Marcia Brady is number 3? Excuse me, but :wft ?

And, speaking of :wft :Urlacher? Guy hasn't been any good since the Bears went to the SB...and I'm not so sure he was any good then. And perhaps I exaggerate the point, but the Top 25 for him = Epic Fail for the Sporting News.

AngryAsian
06-08-2009, 04:01 AM
Two players in the top ten... I'll take it. I hate the media... no love and that's okay... we'll just keep playing the disrespect card all the way to another SB championship.

flippy
06-08-2009, 07:26 AM
As long as #7 gets #7, I'm ok with this list.

rpmpit
06-08-2009, 08:39 AM
So tired of the Peyton and Brady love fest. Its sickening. And how everyone is predicting the Pats to run away with the AFC this year. Didn't Brady lose the last game he actually finished to a mediocre Giants team???

Anyway, Ben deserves to be on the list. We all know that.

SteelCrazy
06-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Ben is #5 on the QB list. Somehow, they are still listing Carson Palmer ahead of him.

aggiebones
06-08-2009, 01:01 PM
I think if Ben were to have another solid season doing what he does, he'll enjoy more respect.
He relies on a strong defense...
..but that's what a smart QB should do.
But as we all saw when the D all but lost the Super Bowl at the end of the game, he came right back down the field and won it with Holmes.
Again, no big slight here, he clearly was carried in the first SB. He's coming into his own now, so the rewards will come.

SteelHead
06-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Interesting to note that Reed gets a HOF mention and Troy does not. Reed has the stats as far as interceptions and defensive TD's but one can argue that Troy and his impact on what is probably the best defense of the decade warrants HOF discussion.

Oracle
06-08-2009, 02:07 PM
looking at this unbiasedly, you have to understand what they mean by 'top'.

they're talking about 'stats'. they're fantasy draft junkies. they don't care if drew brees never even sniffs the playoffs. they see 4000 yards per season and it's case closed. it's the dan marino effect.

ben's best stat is one of the most crucial (and enterestingly enough) one that rarely shows up in the media. wins. his second best stat (oddly) is 4th quarter passer rating, taking special notice of game winning drives when coming from behind or tied. ben possesses that rare quality to elevate his game at crucial moments. michael wilbon said on PTI if his life depended on one quarterback to win a game on the final drive it would be big ben, to which kornheiser scoffed 'Not Brady?' Wilbon stuck to his guns and it appears he was correct.

also remember, manning and brady didn't become media darlings overnight. it took a number of years and a number of commercials before they finally came around. there's still hope for ben. one more championship and we'll see the love flow.

Discipline of Steel
06-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Ill go with Peterson, Fitzgerald, and Harrison as my top 3.