PDA

View Full Version : Most Rabid NFL Fanbases

Discipline of Steel
06-03-2009, 10:15 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?co ... to=8358334 (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=8453940#sport=NFL&photo=8358334)

...and the Steelers come in at #6 :wft

...and the Browneyes come in at #4 :brownssuck

I consider this list (and the brief spiel on Steeler fans) an insult. FoxSports sux.

papillon
06-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Yea, but we have 6 rings. :P

Ruthless, there's a subtle joke in there (let me give you a hint, it has to do with the #6), see if you can catch this one. :moon :tt2

Pappy

DukieBoy
06-03-2009, 11:05 PM
It's like Fox wants to manufacture the sports, not report it. Or actually, they want to make money and what better way than to draw attention by creating controversy around themselves.

Steelers have six Lombardis. No controversy there. No dispute.

Jooser
06-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Did Troy Aikman write that filth? Don't be a hater!!!!!!! :Hater

steelernation77
06-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Fox Sports is about as trustworthy as Fox News. News Corp is slowly destroying all media.

stlrz d
06-04-2009, 12:40 AM
We're in first place in the poll though. With 22% of the vote.

Second place with 19%? Other. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Discipline of Steel
06-04-2009, 12:51 AM
We're in first place in the poll though. With 22% of the vote.

Second place with 19%? Other. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, that pretty much fixes that problem! :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

ramblinjim
06-04-2009, 08:59 AM
I saw that too, come to Washington and see a Steelers / Skins game and tell me we don't have great fans. Heck, go to San Diego and tell me we don't have a great fan base.
Steelers fan base #6? It's crap I tell ya...

TallyStiller
06-04-2009, 09:44 AM
It's like Fox wants to manufacture the sports, not report it. Or actually, they want to make money and what better way than to draw attention by creating controversy around themselves.

Steelers have six Lombardis. No controversy there. No dispute.

Why should their sports be any different? Their news channel's been doing it for years...

proudpittsburgher
06-04-2009, 09:50 AM
They want the hits, and know that doing this will get hits, and talk up their site.

ikestops85
06-04-2009, 09:56 AM
I think the top half of the list was comprised of the 'Most Obnoxious Fanbase' -- not the most Rabid.

:tt2

Oh yeh ... we have 6 rings. :tt1 :tt1

RuthlessBurgher
06-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Yea, but we have 6 rings. :P

Ruthless, there's a subtle joke in there (let me give you a hint, it has to do with the #6), see if you can catch this one. :moon :tt2

Pappy

All I have to say to you is that Ben's o-line can't even block for him adequately during non-contact drills.

:moon :P

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
06-04-2009, 04:37 PM
It becomes a lot more understandable when you realize that this is written by a Philly fan. Here is his drivel on why they are #1.........

Some might call this biased, but the most passionate fans in all of sports are without question Philadelphia Eagles fans. They're cold-blooded and probably give KC a run for their money as being the loudest. They are by far the most knowledgeable fans in the league, and invented the perfect "boo." What cemented Philadelphia fans' reputation as the most amoral, loathsome collection in sports is famously called The Booing of Santa Claus. You would boo and throw snow balls too if Santa came out drunk in a half-done costume. Eagles' fans must deal with sports owners whose actions have not produced a champion in 25 years. The Eagles haven't hoisted a championship flag in 48 years, but the waiting list for season tickets is so long that you could sell out three stadiums full of Eagles fans for games.

plainnasty
06-04-2009, 04:51 PM
#1 Eagle fans: "They are by far the most knowledgeable fans in the league"
Only an Eagle fan would think this.

#6 Steelers fans: "The "Stillers" fans are a very annoying bunch."
Obviously he's not a Steeler fan

They're very passionate about their football and it's completely understandable. Before Sidney Crosby, what else have they had to root for?

He must not be a hockey fan either, since apparently he thinks that Crosby is the first decent hockey player to play in Pittsburgh.

Jigawatts
06-04-2009, 04:53 PM
I can see why the browns are ranked so high at #4. After all those years of losing and
losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and
losing and losing and losing and losing if you're dumb enough to buy a ticket to see some
more losing then you are a true fan.

RuthlessBurgher
06-04-2009, 05:41 PM
I can see why the browns are ranked so high at #4. After all those years of losing and
losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and
losing and losing and losing and losing if you're dumb enough to buy a ticket to see some
more losing then you are a true fan.

It's phenomenon known as masochism. After the game, these Cleveland masochists likely go home and put on their Pulp Fiction gimp outfits (except that they are likely brown leather with an orange ball in their mouth instead of black leather with a red ball in their mouth) and gain even more pleasure from being whipped on.

fezziwig
06-04-2009, 07:40 PM
There is no freakin way that we Steeler fans are not the best or the most.

1. Steelers

2. Greenbay

3. Raiders ( i don't know why )

4. Cowboys

The remaining teams are plus or minus of each other with probably the Cheifs and Bears ahead of that pack.

Browns number 4 ? What a laugh, I go through Ohio more than I like and can't find nothing but Steeler jerseys or flags on their houses.

SteelTorch
06-05-2009, 10:59 AM
:Hater

Absolute trash, and you can tell the guy who wrote it either knows nothing about Pittsburgh sports, or just hates it in general.

Screw him anyway. We don't need a badly-written article to prove we're the greatest. :tt2

stlrz d
06-05-2009, 11:10 AM
:Hater

Absolute trash, and you can tell the guy who wrote it either knows nothing about Pittsburgh sports, or just hates it in general.

Screw him anyway. We don't need a badly-written article to prove we're the greatest. :tt2

He's an Eagles fan.

He hates having 0 Super Bowls to the Steelers 6 while living in the same state. That's why he threw out the "they will come back at you with the number of rings" thing.

That's another debate tactic (can't remember what it's called) that will get a person negative points. It's a form of attacking the messenger and not addressing the point, because he can't.

aggiebones
06-05-2009, 02:03 PM
I hate to speculate, but I wonder how we would have done as a fanbase if we never won anything and then had our team stolen? Where would we be if we didn't have such great owners that understand football, winning, respect and responsibility. There are times, when I wonder how they get up in the morning in Cleveland, but they do. That there gives them the sack up award.

pfelix73
06-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Waiting list in Philly?

WTF- Just got my letter about the waiting list from the Steelers. I've been on list for 13 years! My brother is an Eagle fan- when their new stadium was built, he was asked if he wanted seats- he said no because of $.

I've been on for 13 freakin years!!! And the way it looks, it'll be 2020 before I get my season tickets.

This clown who wrote this is just that- a clown.

Maybe the Eagles should be ranked 0- as in 0 trophies.

A great big zilch. nada. 0. nein. goose egg.....

:tt1

6 and counting.......

skyhawk
06-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Well when I think "rabid" I don't always think that is a good compliment.

Now when I think rabid and of teams in the top four of the list, I think more of "moronic". Rabid does mean madness or having rabies doesn't it? 8) Although, if enthusiastic or fanatical is the definition those in the top 4 are "blind" fanatics.

Having KC, Philly, and Cleve in any list of "best" fans looses credibility immediately. Especially if you watch any amount of football.