PDA

View Full Version : In This Case, Lolley Has It Right...

Slapstick
06-03-2009, 02:48 PM
WR (5): Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Shaun McDonald, Limas Sweed, Mike Wallace. Sorry Dallas Baker. You're not making this club. McDonald beats out Brandon Williams.

Except that Sweed will be the 3rd WR instead of McDonald...

The Steelers will do with Sweed what they did with Washington: in 3WR formations, Hines will move into the slot while Sweed goes outside...personally, I find Holmes/Ward/Sweed to be more threatening than Holmes/Ward/McDonald...

McDonald will see the field in 4WR double slot and bunch formations...

Wallace will end up being the primary kick returner...

Brandon Williams will go on the PS for a year and possibly take over for McDonald when his contract expires after this year...

I don't think there will be a spot for Baker unless the Steelers keep 6 WRs for some reason...which I can't believe that they will...they will more likely keep an extra OL or DB...

phillyesq
06-03-2009, 04:01 PM
WR (5): Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Shaun McDonald, Limas Sweed, Mike Wallace. Sorry Dallas Baker. You're not making this club. McDonald beats out Brandon Williams.

Except that Sweed will be the 3rd WR instead of McDonald...

The Steelers will do with Sweed what they did with Washington: in 3WR formations, Hines will move into the slot while Sweed goes outside...personally, I find Holmes/Ward/Sweed to be more threatening than Holmes/Ward/McDonald...

McDonald will see the field in 4WR double slot and bunch formations...

Wallace will end up being the primary kick returner...

Brandon Williams will go on the PS for a year and possibly take over for McDonald when his contract expires after this year...

I don't think there will be a spot for Baker unless the Steelers keep 6 WRs for some reason...which I can't believe that they will...they will more likely keep an extra OL or DB...

I pretty much agree with everything in your post. I think that an experienced vet like McDonald will be an excellent asset on third downs as a reliable possession receiver, and I can very easily see Sweed stepping into the Nate role.

Given that Baker doesn't contribute on special teams, and Wallace, as well as a host of LBs and DBs all do, there is no way that I can see him making the team.

birtikidis
06-03-2009, 08:35 PM
That bums me out. I'm going to help run a football camp with gators and ex-gators (Dallas will be there, max may be)...