PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben tweeks knee at practice

SteelCrazy
06-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Ben Roethlisberger limped off in the middle of practice today after his left knee was injured.

Steelers trainer John Norwig took a long look at the quarterback, who despite limping heavily did not appear to have anything seriously wrong with his knee and was left alone after he stretched it out.

Coach Mike Tomlin declined to discuss the injury and said through a spokesman that there would be no updates.

Roethlisberger also declined to talk about the injury after practice or how it happened.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09154/974722-100.stm

SanAntonioSteelerFan
06-03-2009, 01:29 PM
"Steelers say there will be no updates ..."

:wft

I bet they backpedal on that one.

SteelHead
06-03-2009, 01:38 PM
:shock:

Probably nothing. This is considered BIG news for this time a year. Being as though Ben is the single most important piece to our team and my favorite current Steeler......I can't help but have a mini freakout in my mind.

Ben is ok.......Ben is ok......say it with me.

RuthlessBurgher
06-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Apparently, his o-line can't even block for him adequately during non-contract drills. :wink:

SteelCrazy
06-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Apparently, his o-line can't even block for him adequately during non-contract drills. :wink:

Was that in reference to Max Starks?

SteelBucks
06-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Ben's a Drama Queen! :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
06-03-2009, 01:55 PM

It's called a joke. Note the little smiley face guy at the end. Ben gets sacked a lot, and everyone blames the o-line, saying that the lack of improvements there could result in an injury to Ben. Now that he tweaks his knee in a non-contract drill, it must be the o-line's fault. Ha ha.

papillon
06-03-2009, 03:05 PM

They do drills with only the players that don't have a contract signed? :P :moon :tt2

Pappy

SteelCrazy
06-03-2009, 06:29 PM

It's called a joke. Note the little smiley face guy at the end. Ben gets sacked a lot, and everyone blames the o-line, saying that the lack of improvements there could result in an injury to Ben. Now that he tweaks his knee in a non-contract drill, it must be the o-line's fault. Ha ha.

My question was also a joke because you keep referring to non contact drills as non conTRACT drills. I'm just being a smartass.......geesh

Jooser
06-03-2009, 07:00 PM

I think I read that on the Ravens' board a few times. :D

RuthlessBurgher
06-03-2009, 07:12 PM

My question was also a joke because you keep referring to non contact drills as non conTRACT drills. I'm just being a smartass.......geesh

Got it, got it...even after Pappy's subsequent comment, I still didn't realize I inadvertantly added an extra "r" there. I thought you were accusing my of being another one of the many Starks bashers. My bad.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/jimbo056/Doh.png

:D

papillon
06-03-2009, 10:52 PM

Got it, got it...even after Pappy's subsequent comment, I still didn't realize I inadvertantly added an extra "r" there. I thought you were accusing my of being another one of the many Starks bashers. My bad.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/jimbo056/Doh.png

<Shakes head multiple times side to side> I thought you would catch the subtlety of my humor or lack thereof. :P Have one on me. :Beer

Pappy

MeetJoeGreene
06-03-2009, 11:12 PM

RuthlessBurgher
06-04-2009, 01:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4230789

Updated: June 4, 2009, 12:59 PM ET
Big Ben practices with Steelers
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Just one day after limping away from practice with an apparently injured left knee, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was back on the field Thursday, participating in the Super Bowl champions' final workout session of the week.

Roethlisberger wore a black sleeve on the knee, but did not limp or display any other obvious signs of injury.

About halfway through Wednesday's practice, Roethlisberger left the field and entered the club's training facility limping, and trainers quickly examined his knee. Neither Roethlisberger or coach Mike Tomlin discussed the injury on Wednesday, but the quarterback limped noticeably in the locker room afterwards.

Teammates did not seem particularly alarmed by the apparent knee injury. During the Thursday's practice, Roethlisberger stretched before the session, led the first-team offense in its practice and participated in all drills.

Although he has been sacked more than any other quarterback over the past three seasons. Roethlisberger has missed only one start because of injury in that period.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.